113 N Robertson Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90048Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theivyrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (310) 274 8303x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Irving
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Richard Irving 3109634906x
A word from The Ivy
An LA landmark since its opening in 1983, The Ivy is the place to go for a great time in the City of Angels. From its star-studded crowd, to its jamming music, friendly wait-staff, killer cocktails and unbeatable food, this cozy, hip, neighborhood restaurant exemplifies the easy glamour and charm that California is all about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
The Ivy - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Ivy reviews from OpenTable diners
485 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (351)hot spot (260)great for lunch (253)special occasion (233)great for brunch (206)romantic (187)neighborhood gem (182)fit for foodies (175)good for groups (76)notable wine list (49)scenic view (38)kid-friendly (36)late-night find (20)vibrant bar scene (13)Show More
- LOOOOUD!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2013We dined inside, which made the noise level quite high. The good is good, not outstanding. I found the prices a bit high for the level of food. Nevertheless, it was a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always first-class and funabcproductionsDined on 6/21/2013The Ivy on Robertson has been a favorite restaurant of mine for the past 25 years. My most recent visit was with my wife, my mother and my aunt. We sat outside on the patio on a beautiful Friday night. The crab cakes are absolutely wonderful. (We had to order two servings of those!) We had the filet mignon, lobster and mac & cheese and some new york strips. All of our steaks were cooked perfectly to our requests and each was delicious and tender. The lobster with mac & cheese was fantastic too. This is a great place for a romantic dinner for two or for a birthday celebration. Portions are big so you won't leave hungry. As always, The Ivy delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to eat in West HollywoodBrettDined on 6/21/2013Booked at The Ivy as it West Hollywood was our last stop as we were on holidays from Australia ands and we were not disappointed. Service was professional, warm and efficient. Food was served promptly (even the though place was packed) and the food was very nice and selection was great as was the drinks list. Price was very good considering it is a place frequented by the rich and famous. Would recommend to anyone wanting to dine in West Hollywood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated our 5-year anniversarCharlieDined on 6/20/2013We celebrated our 5-year anniversary by eating at the Ivy in the outdoor patio. Definitely romantic with the garden-like furniture and flowers surrounding the patio. We ordered the seafood platter for 2 and the lobster, calamari, crab cakes, and tiger shrimp were all fantastic! Didn't see any celebrities this time around, but this is THE place. Service was outstanding also.Special Features:
- Nice but EXPENSIVE!!!PastaLoverVIPDined on 6/20/2013We went to The Ivy for one reason....my daughter read about it in magazines as being a place to maybe see some Hollywood recognizables. Although we didn't see anyone we recognized, there were plenty of Bentleys, Rolls, and other high dollar rides to confirm that it is a place where people of means dine. We enjoyed a nice meal sitting outside enjoying a nice SoCAL June evening!! The food is good to very good, but it is EXPENSIVE. The service is very good. If we find ourselves vactioning in Los Angeles in the future, we'll likely return (but only as long as we have some free breakfast coupons from our hotel to compensate for the extra expensive dinner!!).Special Features:
- Definitely goAvs2Dined on 6/18/2013Make sure to ask for a table on the patio. Very yummy food, little cramped but the ambiance makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the flowers at ivy!panpanDined on 6/18/2013Nice food and amazing colorful flowers everywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to go and visitdinearoundDined on 6/17/2013Fun place to go and visit while in L.A. very cool décor and food was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined with a small group ofOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/16/2013Dined with a small group of family this past weekend and had a great time. The food was great and the service excellent! Staff was very attentive. The owner even came to the table and offered a wonderful bottle of Limoncello top off the meal. Great experience! Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- A Patio to Die ForBobKDined on 6/14/2013Eating outside at the Ivy is as pleasant an afternoon as you can spend (although "spend" is a key word here). Everyone was very friendly and the flowers on the table were beautiful. While there is no value top be found in the menu, as a splurge, it is well worth it. We could have sat there for hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary LunchSouthernBelle517Dined on 6/13/2013The Ivy is an ideal spot for celebrating a special occassion or just having a meal out. The food was superb and I would definitely recommend to others. The Ivy has a great reputation and it was perfect for us visiting from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice settingDisappointing breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/12/2013It's a lovely setting, quaint and romantic, but go for lunch or dinner. Breakfast choices were extremely limited, very basic preparation and presentation, and staff needed reminding to bring included items such as toast. Also, for such a nice setting and decor, ambience is at a low. Definitely not a breakfast spot. Also very expensive considering the above and nearby alternativesSpecial Features:
- Reliable and AccomidatingJennaDined on 6/11/2013The Ivy might be the only restaurant in Los Angeles where I know my meal with me consistently delicious. I've grown up going to here and not once have I been let down. The are also very accommodating with most food allergies.Special Features:
- Good food but felt awkwardNicoleDined on 6/10/2013The food was great but i made a booking weeks in advance as i was coming from overseas and wanted to dine here out side and when we turned up we were made to wait for shes to be sestre and told we had to sit inside and didnt seen they even knew about my booking. When we asked if we could sit inside untill a table out side was available we were told NO. Not greatSpecial Features:
- Great placeDanny2Dined on 6/10/2013Amazing ambience, food is nice, nothing special, service is good but the place is very very busy! Would certainly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ScenescospreyDined on 6/10/2013Place to be seen in Beverly Hills for lunch. Lobster sandwich was great. Parmesan fries were too crisp (dry). Two Bloody Mary's plus ice water took care of drink needs. Sunday dessert was fantastic. Dropped $100 for lunch, but was prepared. Would recommend as a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, friendlyNicoleDined on 6/10/2013Food was very good, friendly Service and of course wonderful roses!Special Features:
- Great lunchmarthaosorio2000Dined on 6/9/2013I went with my family and everyone was satisfied with the food served, the service and the great time we had. Its very fancy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013Great atmosphere, great food, great place to go. We were talking about how we could work our way to coming back again before our trip ended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Ain't BrokeSteveDined on 6/8/2013. . . so they've never fixed it! The place has the same energy, ambiance, and quality I've experienced going there for the past 30 years. Somehow, they keep offering a consistently enjoyable experience. Amazingly in trendy LA, they still cling to the original décor, waiter attire (and mostly waiters) and bang for the buck (but it's a Big Buck . . . $$$!). And the staff doesn't seems to look down on you just for coming in -- a rarity in many pricy restaurants in this part of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ivy at times gets a badnashdashVIPDined on 6/7/2013The Ivy at times gets a bad time because it is a celebrity hangout. It is unwarranted though as we have eaten there many times and the food has always been wonderful This trip we had lunch and had the Fried Chicken, unbelievable. Other diner had a salad that was fresh and very flavorful. Service was very good as well. We sat outside and it was a beautiful day. Again, it is crowded, can be a bit noisy, but the food is excellent and the service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2013Lovely restaurant but oh the prices! $29 for their vegetable salad with chicken. Won't be running back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and fabulous ambience.FunmomVIPDined on 6/3/2013Charming and fabulous ambience. The service and food is outstanding and we would highly recommend and plan on returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best food and atmosphereKathrynBDined on 6/2/2013We ate here this past weekend, and had the BEST meal! Both of our meals were mouth-watering delicious (Homemade Tagliarini was the highlight), and we shared the key lime pie for dessert! We also had a bottle of wine and the price was reasonable for how delicious it was. One thing that separates this from everywhere else is the atmosphere- the outdoor seating is truly special with the flowers, pillows, the ivy everywhere and relaxed vibe. The inside is adorable! I wish I lived in LA so I could go back! I really never write reviews, but I felt so strongly about how great this dining experience was that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:
- Easy like Sunday morningRGANDHIDined on 6/2/2013Enjoyed a wonderful Sunday brunch with family on our recent visit to Los Angeles. Food was excellent. Ambience was perfect with rose decked tables. Staff went out of their way to accommodate our requests. Ivy made it a perfect Sunday for us. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surpassed ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/1/2013Great service, great food and a great night out. Greeted with a free glass of champagne,extensive menu, well looked after. our expectations were high and we weren't disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Overly CrowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/1/2013I have eaten here for years and this is one of my fave restaurants! This particular Saturday we weren't seated till almost an hour after our reservation. Granted, they did offer free champagne although we had to drink our champagne on the sidewalk. Overly crowded. Food amazing as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- breakfastworldtravelerVIPDined on 6/1/2013I have been going here for over 25 years but went to Ivy on the Beach for the last l5. Now I like in town because it is a great place to meet my kids for weekend breakfast/brunch. On Saturday I was having breakfast with a son who had just traveled a long distance. We were there at 0900 for our reservation. Reuben was our waiter. He was wonderful. About 0945, though there were no other diners in the room, another person brought us our check before we asked for it and for before the last cup of coffee. I don't like being presented with the check unless I ask for it. That is the signal that I have completed the meal and conversation. I did not like feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ambienceMelbourne2013Dined on 5/31/2013Had the baby back ribs + onion rings, my wife had the pasta. Food was lovely and reasonably priced. Great 'little' restaurant and lovely atmosphere, would go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fabulousSuziDined on 5/29/2013The ivy was beautiful. The decor was stunning and the service exceptional. The food was delicious. A really enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Does not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/29/2013An old favorite still delivers. Vibrant outdoor setting enhanced by gorgeous garden roses everywhere. Everything we ordered was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/28/2013I've been going here for years- primarily because they are known for their Gimlets. Real estate is expensive and so is the food for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for lunchNiugiDined on 5/28/2013Nice food, nice place and always a celebrity aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but chillyEmsmomDined on 5/27/2013I love the Ivy for its fun decor. Good food and ambiance However if you sit outside bring a sweater it's gets cold. Plus people stand outside and smoke. Nothing the Ivy Can do about that. It is really cute and all the flowers Are great. The waiter was a bit robotic but in a good way. We always try to go to the Ivy for fun experience. Their special was a squash flower filled with cheese It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good. CA comfort foodAinsyVIPDined on 5/26/2013Always good. CA comfort food done well in a lovely setting. Been going there for 10 years never disappoints.Special Features:
- Energenic and BuzzyTreensieDined on 5/26/2013Had lunch, which was very tasty. A lot of fish on the menu and could be more vegetarian options but the food was delicious! Good range of wines and cocktails for those special occasions. The décor is real shabby chic, absolutely cute, but also rustic. I loved it and would definitely go back! The outside dining space is gorgeous (though we didn't get to sit out here unfortunately). Point to note, only 1 ladies loo, as it is a very busy place, this could be annoying to some.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hollywood Hot SpotLuisVIPDined on 5/26/2013Beautiful restaurant. Great outdoor dining. Good Service. You are definitely paying for the area and name but the food was good. w was ok with since my wife and I knew what we where going for.Special Features:
- Mediocre Food; Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/25/2013Everything about this place is just OK. Service leaves much to be desired. While checking in, I was almost knocked over by a server who was trying to access a garbage can next to me. This man never said "excuse me" nor did he apologize for touching my leg by accident and startling me. The standoffish behavior continued throughout our meal. I experienced much better treatment, attitude, service and FOOD in a restaurant in East L.A. Save your money and try something else.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner and Service!Chicago2014Dined on 5/23/2013So glad that we had dinner at The Ivy. The dinner was excellent. I had the softshell crab appetizer and the sea bass for dinner and they were both great. We also had a very nice waiter that provided great service. Will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legendary Hollywood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013We went just so we could say we did. My fish & chips was okay, my friend said her steak was fabulous. I was told they didn't have Moscato, so I ordered a cocktail, only to find out later they did actually have the wine. I was not happy about that. We were seated immediately upon arrival, even though it was before our reservation time, and we were able to sit outside. The tables are crammed together, so that's a bit of a bother, but the service was great. I am certainly glad we went but I doubt I would go twice.Special Features: