113 N Robertson Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90048Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theivyrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (310) 274-8303
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Irving
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Richard Irving 3109634906x
A word from The Ivy
An LA landmark since its opening in 1983, The Ivy is the place to go for a great time in the City of Angels. From its star-studded crowd, to its jamming music, friendly wait-staff, killer cocktails and unbeatable food, this cozy, hip, neighborhood restaurant exemplifies the easy glamour and charm that California is all about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
The Ivy - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Ivy reviews from OpenTable diners
493 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (360)great for lunch (267)hot spot (263)special occasion (245)great for brunch (200)neighborhood gem (194)romantic (194)fit for foodies (190)good for groups (73)notable wine list (61)scenic view (45)kid-friendly (27)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (15)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014Came here for brunch one day while visitng LA, was definitely one of the best meals I had. Fantastic french toast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2014We went to celebrate a friend's 40th Birthday. We wanted to go somewhere fun and different. The staff made us all feel so welcome and special. It was such a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets you down!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2014What to say? Always great food, great staff, great location. I am still amazed at how the standards stay at the top every visit. Chris is always friendly and has the best recommendations. Whenever I am in LA, I always have brunch there, brought a first timer and they loved it as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food LoverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Our party of 4 had a very memorable dinner on Nov. 22, 2014. From the moment we entered the white picket fence the attention from the staff was beyond exceptional .... The champagne greeting was so welcoming !!! The food was so delicious..we each had something different. Ravioli, Cod, Branzino and my Lobster risotto ! Superb... The wine ... Caymus and Newton was excellent.. That was my 3rd dining experience at The Ivy since 2002 and each time was exceptional .. It is like a fine bottle of wine...it only gets better..thank you to you wonderful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Absolutely amazing! Stuff, food, everything is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menu, fabulous salads, great service,DawnaDined on 11/22/2014Not to be missed - great for people watching, amazing food, super salads, great chocolate chip cookies and desserts and so much more. Celebrity spottings. LA favourite and be sure to make a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014We were looking for a good lunch spot and The Ivy was great. We got there early for our Open Table reservation and the restaurant was very accomidating. The food was very good with numerous items that sounded very tasty. Our waiter was average but every other employee was more than expected and went out of there way to make our lunch enjoyable. Overall a great place to lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Everything was excellent except for the waiter didn't make fair and suitable recommendationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be seen at The IvyGeorgeousDined on 11/22/2014Due to a change in our flight times we brought forward our lunch to a late breakfast. We arrived early and received the usual warm welcome and invitation for a glass of champagne "on the house". Well ahead of our booking time we were shown to the nicest round table in the garden. The sun was warm and the staff very attentive. As always the tourist buses came by stopping to take pictures and play spot the celebrity. Not unamusing in its own way... The setting is gorgeous are the flowers and lovely colourful china on which the food is served and into which the tea and coffee are poured. Everything we ate was fresh and well prepared with an accent on Santa Barbara seafood and fish. We had just spent five days in Santa Barbara and so very much appreciated the theme. Our only regret was the short time we could spend here due to our flight back to England. This is surely on of the best places to spend a long lazy Saturday afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When at the Beverley Hills IvyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014The Ivy in Beverley Hills is an experience. If you are going though, request a seat outside if weather permits or to sit at the front of the restaurant. Outside allows you to people watch and absorb the scene. We sat in a table at the back of the restaurant with not a lot of ambiance. The food is very pricey. The caprese salad at $40.00 for three slices of tomato and 4 slices of cheese was very disappointing. Guacamole was excellent but they give you few tortillas to eat with it and charge you for more. The other guests I was with had the Cobb Salad, which were average. It was lovely to be offered a "complimentary" glass of champagne upon arrival, but dont be fooled, you are paying for the champagne through the food prices. Again, would go back but only to sit outside and people watch and be part of a fun scene. The flowers are beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long Awaited VisitDianeDined on 11/19/2014I've been waiting to dine at Ivy's for 2 years so on a recent visit to LA my husband and I went for lunch. The restaurant is exquisite. Gorgeous roses everywhere. Lovely patio and inside rooms. A much ballyhooed place for the beautiful people. The tables are quite close together but we were fortunate to have a table on the patio wall so had a bit of space. My husband loved his India burger with truffle fries but my lobster salad with grilled vegetables was bland and the lobster was tough. The rose I chose was also disappointing - nearly tasteless. However, we were there for the experience as much as for the food and would definitely go back again. I would just make a different food and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with BFFOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014It was my first time at Ivy. My best friend and I decided to have a girls day out. Ivy was a great choice. Great ambiance , delicious food and fantastic company. I would pick Ivy for our next outing. Forgot to mention the creme brulee was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The IvySweetcandyDined on 11/18/2014First of all, who can say no to a glass of champagne on the house? And the food does live up to hype of the pretty pictures all over instagram. I've never been able to eat spicy food but the lobster stuffed with Santa Barbara crab was to good to pass up. The crab had enough spiciness for me to notice but in a good way. All the dishes were delicious. I could not stop eating it! The decorations are so cute, perfect for pictures and the fresh flowers at your table are beautiful! Outdoor seating is a must. Also the birthday "candles" here are fab!! Awesome sparkler to celebrate a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014This place is great for brunch, lunch and dinner! You can have a good time enjoying a cocktail, some wine and even coffee. Food is absolutely great and the people who work there are very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner with my MomDivenutSuzDined on 11/17/2014I took my Mom on a trip to Hollywood for her birthday and we ate at The Ivy our first night. We were immediately greeted and offered a complimentary glass of champagne....such a nice touch! Our food was great and the service was the best that I've ever experienced. The prices are high, but the experience is well worth the expense. Our waiter overhead me wish my Mom happy birthday, so they brought out the most amazing dessert we've ever seen! It was a plate full of ice cream sandwiches with a huge sparkler, shooting out sparks everywhere! It was a very special evening. A big thank you to The Ivy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, location, location!!fillerupmanDined on 11/17/2014It is all about location! Food is good, but, pricey. Service is prompt and attentive. A place to be seen, or, to see people. Their house sundae is a definite must try with the roasted almonds, house chocolate and caramel sauces!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014It was a lovely restaurant surrounded by colorful flowers. Great service, tasty foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the wait!!eveluxuryDined on 11/15/2014Reservations were running behind by 20 minutes, so they treated us both to a glass of champagne while we waited; then gave us a beautiful table and comped dessert...surprisingly wonderful food; absolutely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ambiance, food and service are excellent!Luv2dineVIPDined on 11/15/2014The ambiance, food and service are excellent! I can't wait to go back! And, the chocolate chip cookies are divine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The restaurant is much too expansive for the food served ....and the service is not the service of a restaurant of that price .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the girlsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2014Lunch was fun until the restaurant got busy and then we got forgotten. I don't get the allure of sitting so close to everyone and being packed in tight. I guess the highlight wasn't the food or service but seeing Byron Allen. One time experience soon to be forgotten, you gotta love LA!Special Features:
- MemorableLuisaDined on 11/12/2014Beautiful place, nice music and food. Lovely to give a champagne on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchDavidDined on 11/10/2014My wife and I stopped by for lunch and both the service and food were excellent. We will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2014We had an amazing lunch experience. We were greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne, sat outside, received great service and the food was on point.Special Features:
- Horrible touristy messHJG1VIPDined on 11/9/2014Even with a reservation, we waited an hour to be seated. Their solution was to stick everyone who was waiting in a cramped room, where we were continually bumped by the wait staff trying to pass with dishes. Even when we were finally seated, they proceeded to rush us through the meal, which was definitely not worth the effort.
- Love the Ivy but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/9/2014I always go to the Ivy when in LA..and usually sit outside which we love. This time we were put in the back room up against the window..and while the food was great the service was poor.Special Features:
- The IvyCarlosOmar70Dined on 11/7/2014Ever since introduce to this LA gem, I can not get enough!!! The service to die for! The food remarkable! The atmosphere, what can you say, it's Hollywood in Beverly Hills, the cocktails out of this world! In a sense and in one sentence "I can not find anything wrong eith this place!! I definitely love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmeraldQueenBeeDined on 11/7/2014Beautiful patio. Amazing as usual. The free Champagne was a nice touch. Best Banana split in town.Special Features:
- Perfect night at The IvyJMomDined on 11/6/2014For our one and only night in LA on a brief layover, The Ivy was recommended to us by friends. After being greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne and special strawberry lemonade for our daughters, we easily settled into the quaint yet sophisticated outdoor patio. The service was excellent, wine recommendations spot on, food delicious, and ambience outstanding. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST OKLCFVDined on 11/5/2014I heard it was amazing, but the truth is that the food is just good, we had a tuna tartar that was good; a lobster pizza very good; an order of lobster tacos that were toooooo spicy, with a bad cooked red rice, and some canned black beans, a perfect example of a "mexican" dish been destroyed by someone that maybe even doesn´t know Mexico; for dessert a delicious red velvet cake. We also notice that every table received after dinner a little white box with some compliments, but we didn´t, maybe was for the waiter that started to serve very good, but as soon as he listened we were speaking in spanish the attitude changed and the service decline.Special Features:
- steak greativyleagueDined on 11/3/2014Kobe steak was delicious- if expensive. Skip the Turkey cobb salad...no better than a supermarket version. The drinks were generous and the staf attentive. I imagine Monday night is pretty quite all year round but that was fine for me and my son.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and Delicious!YummyDined on 11/3/2014Visiting LA from South Carolina and we were excited to dine at The Ivy! We were greeted with a complimentary glass of champagne as we admired all of the beautiful flower arrangements on the tables! Wonderful atmosphere, experienced servers, outstanding service, and a wonderfully prepared meal! We stayed for two hours and enjoyed every minute! What a special place and memory!! I highly recommend The Ivy! I know we will be back on our next trip to LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/3/2014We had a fantastic dinner last week. The outdoor seating is only place to be. The lobster risotto special was fantastic.Special Features:
- Amazing lunch! Great cocktails! FabSetr73VIPDined on 11/3/2014Had a wonderful lunch here with a great mojito. Wagyu beef with pasta and mushroom sauce !Special Features:
- keeperVIPDined on 11/3/2014the Ivy knows how to make every guest feel special!Special Features:
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/2/2014It wont be my last, food was fabulous, service was awesome - fantastic environment. I definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The Ivy is lovely for dining al fresco. For us dining indoors at The Ivy would be quite dark and claustrophobic. The service is very welcoming and offers complimentary champagne on arrival if you have to wait. The crab salad was excellent with loads of fresh dungeness crab. However, a small margherita pizza for 1 person with hardly any toppings was very pricey for $24.Special Features:
- Fun & tasty lunch experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014A great Beverly Hills lunch spot - the place was packed with society. Food was amazing and really hit the spot after some morning shopping.Special Features:
- Always a pleasredee1Dined on 10/30/2014We almost missed this reservation as we arrived late after an airport run. The waiting staff was a little tired understandably, but every thing else was excellenSpecial Features:
- Average, overpricedFancynancycakesDined on 10/29/2014Came here 15years ago it was good then, perhaps we are just getting more and more great food places, particularly in London with great simple ingredients, this was ok, pretty average, for example I head a pasta dish and the pasta was overlooked, George's lobster was dry and bland. Nice place, waiters good, but overall I think it's quite overrated and very pricey so you would expect the food to be pretty perfect. Had a better meal at the EveleighSpecial Features: