The Italian Kitchen Company - Vernon BC
2916 30th Avenue
Vernon, BC V1T 2B7Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Italian Kitchen Company - Vernon BC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.italiankitchenvernon.com/
- Phone: 2505587899
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Italian Kitchen Company - Vernon BC
The Italian Kitchen was founded in 1995 in a historic beautifully restored, 1930s brick building in downtown Vernon. The original menu has virtually unchanged since its opening day. Quality of service and consistency are hallmarks of The Italian Kitchen. The Italian Kitchen has never had a deep fryer and prides itself on fresh ingredients with a new "Fresh Sheet" every week. The Italian Kitchen is very proud its excellent kitchen and front end employees, and has won many awards from "Okanagan Life Magazine". It boasts a wonderful open kitchen where the Chef's flambé and fill the restaurant with natural Italian aromas. Downtown visitors are often spotted watching the busy cooks through the large street side windows.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Italian Kitchen Company - Vernon BC reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (4)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- greatfoodgreatfoodDined on 9/6/2014We have recently moved to Vernon from out East and tried this fantastic restaurant ~ boy oh boy what great food. Not only delicious but presentation is also formidable. Very generous portions, but not such that one is uncomfortable. Desserts are to die for, especially the Tirramisou. Having done a fair amount of travelling both in Canada, the U.S., and Italy and having eaten in many Italian Food restaurants, The Italian Kitchen is by far the best we have ever experienced. Recently took guests from out East there for dinner and they want to go back again before they leave, they were so impressed. Recommend this place very highly if you are looking for stupendous Italian food. Prices conform with quality and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicejennybo86Dined on 8/29/2014The food was pretty decent and at average price for fine dining. Decent wine list, however I prefer "girly drinks" and when I mentioned that to my server, she had the bartender make sangria just for me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialHungryDined on 8/27/2014Had high hopes as it was recommended by friends and its a cool little place. Two of us thought it was "ok"' the other two had no comment. Doubtful we will return.
- ChairsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Seating is very uncomfortable possibly time to upgrade the chairs. Food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Italian diningTop1DogDined on 8/8/2014Great food, superb service by our waitress combined with a cool kitchen view ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service!ElliscelebrationDined on 7/24/2014The food was excellent and had enough variety to please everyone at the table even the kids. The service was prompt and attentive to our needs. When we decided that bread would be a welcome addition to our meal it appeared within minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatenightDined on 7/4/2014My husband's chicken parmesan was delicious and for my entrée I ordered the Lamb shank which was beautifully done (melt in your mouth) and the vegetables were grilled perfectly (still slightly crispy). The only complaint I would have is that the risotto was pasty and the rice not quite cooked. As this was a date night (a break from a two year old) we were slightly disappointed with the amount of children that were present and would have preferred a more romantic ambience as we did feel it was a bit noisy. Although our reservation was on a Friday evening, 7pm we did feel the service was a bit slow as the initial dinner rush would have been over. All in all we enjoyed ourselves and next time I will order more Italian, with a pasta dish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014We found the meals very good, nice presentation, very flavourful the music was to high to carry on a conversation, we asked to have the volume lowered and it was lowered slightly. As the evening progressed the air conditioning could not keep up and it should be looked into to keep the patrons comfortable while they dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was okayLaidbacktravelerDined on 6/21/2014Service was good, friendly, fast and responsive. However we went one time before and this time found the food to be far less enjoyable than before. Appetizer (bruschetta) was just a large piece of cold bread with a little topping. Entries were acceptable. Doubtful will return.
- The following 3 reviews are from the The Italian Kitchen Company - Vernon BC reviews archive.
- AWESOME FOODFamilyoutingDined on 5/18/2014The atmosphere was great and the food was superb. The family enjoyed it and we will return for another night out when we return to Vernon. This Albertan family will be letting other know about our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre DinnerAlDeepCreekDined on 5/10/2014My wife and I took a friend from out of town to dinner before the theatre. Great food - wonderful service - we'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemVicGirlDined on 3/28/2014Great food. Service was spectacular. Great location in the heart of Vernon. I'd recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.