The Italian Food Center
186 Grand Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Italian Food Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theitalianfoodcenter.com/
- Phone: 2122561600
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Joseph Cacace
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Italian Food Center
A new edition to the New York Downtown restaurant serving up American inspired Italian Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Italian Food Center reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Big DisappointmentCrisDined on 7/18/2014This used to be one of my favorite places to eat when it was a deli. They had the best sandwiches. While i was disappointed when I learned it was converted into a full service restaurant, I figured why not give it a try. I did. It doesn't hold a candle to what it used to be. The deli was authentic Italian food. The lunch I had was barely eatable. The service was poor and the seating was uncomfortable. Sadly I will never return. Wish it was still one of the great deli's in New York City.
- The following 2 reviews are from the The Italian Food Center reviews archive.
- Little Italy's Great Food CenterTravelingPalateVIPDined on 4/4/2014Needed a snack to warm us up from a walking tour of the area and Italian Food Center was a warm and friendly open space to enjoy Merguez Lamb Sausage, fine wine and a delicious house salad that included garbanzos and pine nuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome spot in Little ItalyOdimdVIPDined on 2/20/2014The newest and definitely the coolest spot in little Italy. Perhaps the only place that doesn't have red checkered table cloths. Really like the way the place has been redone from the old Italian market that was there forever. Great bar up front. Had the grilled octopus which was excellent and the goat cheese pizza from a wood burning fireplace was so good we ordered a second one. Service was personable and friendly. Definitely coming back to have the homemade pasta again. Downstairs looks like they're gearing up for a new hip nightspot soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.