The Irish Inn at Glen Echo
6119 Tulane Ave
Glen Echo, MD 20812Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Irish Inn at Glen Echo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.irishinnglenecho.com/
- Phone: 3012296600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 5pm;
Weekend Brunch: 11:00am - 5pm (breakfast dishes until 2:30pm);
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Pub/Patio open all day.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Ted Hughes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off site catering and large to-go catering options available
- Private Party Facilities: Six private dining rooms for parties of 6-100 people. The Irish Inn offers sit down, cocktail and buffet events for groups of all sizes...perfect for Weddings, Birthdays, Office Functions, Baby Showers, Bridal Showers, Funeral Receptions, Anniversaries, Rehearsal Dinners.
- Private Party Contact: Barry Nolan 3012296600x
- Entertainment: Live Traditional Irish Music on Mondays 7pm-10pm , Live Jazz Music on Sundays 5:30pm-8:30pm, The 19th Street Band every other Wednesday - see website for dates. www.irishinnglenecho.com
Live Jazz on Sundays 5.30pm-8.30pm
See website for upcoming events
- Special Events: Check out our website for upcoming holiday menus and special opening hours
- Cross Street: MacArthur Blvd
- Public Transit: 5 minute walk from Glen Echo bus stop
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The Irish Inn offers a large private parking lot just off Mc Aurthur Blvd & Tulane Ave. They also offer Complimentary Valet Wed - Fri Nights, All day Sat & Sun, and all holidays. Complimentary Valet for large events is also provided. Parking is always easy.
A word from The Irish Inn at Glen Echo
The Irish Inn at Glen Echo has plenty of history...from a family home in the 30's to a biker bar in 80's..The Inn at Glen Echo in the 90's...It's seen it all. This country Bar & Restaurant has a neighborhood feel, only a short distance from DC and Bethesda. Re-Opened in 2003 as The Irish Inn at Glen Echo offers great food, wine and atmosphere in a quaint setting. The upscale casual menu offers fresh seafood, hearty meats and the best Irish fare guaranteed. Whether you're in the mood for a delicious Lamb Chops or Steaks or a Traditional Shepherd's Pie....or a Jumbo Lump Crab Cake or our Daily Fresh Catch, The Irish Inn has it all. The Irish Inn combines a traditional Irish Pub with a white table cloth restaurant, complimentary valet and 6 private dining rooms, perfect for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Irish Inn at Glen Echo - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
The Irish Inn at Glen Echo reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)great for outdoor dining (65)great for lunch (58)great for brunch (52)special occasion (35)romantic (33)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (18)scenic view (15)notable wine list (9)hot spot (7)late-night find (7)Show More
- Oops...where's my reservation!WineYahooVIPDined on 9/14/2014We arrived for our 1pm Brunch reservation at 12:50pm , only to find that the Inn did not have it. Barry, the host, was very diligent in searching for reservation, but alas, no luck. The 2 couples in front of us, without reservations, were seated first. We went to the bar while we awaited for a table to open up. Brunch was good Irish fare, waitstaff very busy (Redskins' Sunday)but very congenial and a beautiful day to take in the porch.Special Features:
- Irish Inn - Fab for GatheringPJDoubleU2Dined on 9/13/2014I have celebrated my birthday at the Irish Inn at Glen Echo twice in the past few years and had a most enjoyable experience. The food is terrific and the staff so considerate. One night at the bar, a group of us inquired about a gaelic proverb to the waitress; not only did she help us, she provided us a host of gaelic expressions and helped us in our pronunciation. Definitely, a place to relax and enjoy. And the choice of live music is always fitting with the setting & crowd. Great establishment, Christy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Date NightAlb2DCDined on 9/10/2014It was probably 15-20 minutes before we were greeted by a server that we only ever saw once. We gave him our drink, app, and entree order all at once. My gazpacho was delish, my husband's fish soup, smelled like fish... He didn't like it. The rack of lamb was quite good, his Reuben lacked flavor and character. All of the food came out on time. Desert: we had the strawberry pavlova and the banoffi, both were fabulous. We sat by an interesting gent named Ferris who made our evening more delightful. He was quite a character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dinnerGKO1Dined on 9/7/2014We took friends to this inn to celebrate a special occasion. We could not have done better. Superb food, enjoyable quiet ambiance, outstanding service combined to make this an enchanted evening. Quality and quantity of food and drink fully justified the tab - which we paid gladly. We added a large tip - which was well earned. We enjoyed tasty flatbread for hors d'oeuvres. Sockeye salmon - the seafood special - was superb, so were the "chicken schnitzel" ( a new one on us ) and the lamb - absolutely the finest in memory, and lots of it. The breads were excellent - we just love good bread. The wine, from a lesser known region in CA, was among the finest we remember - a great value. Breadpudding with Bailey's ice-cream topped it off.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice little pubBrian57Dined on 9/6/2014I love Irish Pubs and this place didn't disappoint. It's a little pricey or some of their dinner entrees but it's in a great location and is a nice establishment so I don't think it's over priced - just appropriate for the location. I like how they have dining in both the pub and the restaurant area - if you're fresh off a hike along the C&O canal, or coming back after a Nats or Caps game, it's great stop over, and their dining area features a nice ambiance with white table linens and candle lit tables. parking is done mostly by a valet but there are self-park spots as well. Great beer and wine selection - many of the servers are from Ireland (if not all), so that adds to the ambiance. The food is very good - some good comfort food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glen Echo Treasure SpotHealthyFoodLOverVIPDined on 8/28/2014If you need a quiet area for dining, the host will find you the perfect table away from the happy din, in one of the Inn's more private areas. Always a treat to dine here, but especially for lunch when the generous basket of scones is a regulare part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it is a totally delightful place !afanDined on 8/26/2014the ambiance and friendliness of the staff is warm and wonderful. Food is very fresh and cooked expertlySpecial Features:
- Great locationJimHDined on 8/25/2014The food was good not great but the people and the outdoor dinning were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish Inn at Glen EchoJobenDined on 8/19/2014Wonderful spot, we should have left the hotel early to visit the region a bit. Beautiful welcome, great food, wonderful employees, quite busy. The evening was beautiful from start to finish thanks to Christie! I would certainly go back.Special Features:
- One Of My Favoritesseahorse21Dined on 8/18/2014As usual, we had a wonderful experience. I love the Irish Inn. Food, atmosphere and service are always top-notch whether it be brunch, dinner or music in the bar. Always a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall experienceWadeVIPDined on 8/14/2014Nice experience and a pleasant atmosphere. Old, well maintained establishment.Special Features:
- DisappointedMikeDined on 8/9/2014The Menue on the open Table is not the same as the Menue in he Resturant . The waiters brought the main course before we finished our salads!! They had yo take it back to the kitchen . Rather disappointed in the service. One of the Msin did dishes did not include what the Menue promised. No pasta!!!Special Features:
- a fun place to enjoy dinnerPattyDined on 8/9/2014While sad that we couldn't get a dinner reservation, we arrived at 5:00 p.m. to capture an outside table and did so. Our waiter was terrific and we enjoyed a dinner with four adults and two of our Grands. The food was fine and it was a comfortable evening of dining. The Irish Inn is one of my husband's favorites so a perfect place for his birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Worth a trip out MacArthurtgindcVIPDined on 8/9/2014Wanted something different for lunch on a beautiful Saturday, so the two of us rode our scooters a few miles out on Macarthur to brunch at this place. The food was delicious...my corned beef hash with poached eggs and his fish and chips were just great. No specials on brunch beverages, but the bloody mary was also good. We split the bread pudding, which was more pudding-y than lots of places. Sat on their patio, which was fine but not particularly pretty. Would be easy to dress it up with lots more flowering plants or even coleus. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidRTS2Dined on 8/8/2014Visited the Irish Inn for the first time in years. It was great. Big crowd outside but inside it was quiet and romantic. Nice dinning room, well spaced tables, well decorated, comfortable. The server was informed and unobtrusive. Food was delivered in a properly timed manner. No rush,but no delay either. The food was good, fresh, properly prepared and hot when brought to the table. The prices were fair and reasonable. The menus offerings are limited, nothing terribly exciting but everything is well prepared with fresh tasting ingredients. All in all the Irish Inn is a solid neighborhood restaurant. Great for date nights. Easy parking. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- Fun placelookin4goodfoodDined on 8/4/2014Had an early dinner instead of a traffic-filled commute home. Burger was great! We ate outdoors under roof which was very pleasant, except when the arrival of the trash truck made quite a racket for 5 minutes in our line of sight.Special Features:
- MelCVIPDined on 8/3/2014The head manager took terrific care of us. He provided extremely responsive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Positive ExperienceWadeVIPDined on 7/30/2014Service and atmosphere along with food were "good", overall positive experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Exceptional place for good food & atmosphere. My only negative comment was the lack of direction & spaces for parking. There was virtually none when I drove up @ 12:30 pm (understandable for a popular restaurant). But, I finally did learn that a field was available for parking despite a sign saying valet parking only. I was able to park there w/no problem. I think w/ a restaurant as popular (deservedly so) as the Irish Inn, more attention needs to be given to those needing parking spots. Thanks PatSpecial Features:
- Great find, and a little unusualBetsyDined on 7/23/2014The Irish food was delicious, better than we had in Ireland! Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon in the ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014We were headed to Glen Echo Park to ride the carousel so this was an excellent location. The menu online looked good and perhaps had options to suit everyone...except a vegetarian. It was a Sunday so the brunch menu was available along with lunch food. I didn't want anything heavy so I ordered a Greek salad. It was more like a toss salad with very small bits of feta and olives along with some cherry tomatoes and peppers. Really not like anything I would categorize as a Greek salad. My nephew enjoyed his fish tacos and his wife the french toast. My partner ended up with granola as the choices for a vegetarian were very limited. Non of the sandwiches or entrees on the menu gave a nod to folks who don't eat meat or fish. Too bad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014lovely venue. we had an outdoor reservation that looked lovely but it was too hot so we chose to stay inside. the restaurant was already reserved so we had the only choice to sit in the bar. all was ok but that's where they put the families with kids and the noise level was annoying. part of the reason was the tables in the bar area are too close together. other than that the waitress couldn't have been more attentive, the food was great, the scones were a wonderful treat and we didn't feel rushed. will definitely go back but would prefer outside or in the actual table areaSpecial Features:
- excellentutuathailVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food is exceptional and the ambience genteel. Service at the Irish Inn is friendly yet professional and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kiddie MealLisaDined on 7/19/2014We sat in the bar with two toddlers and it worked great! Everyone was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchmjhurDined on 7/15/2014I had a great birthday lunch - Shepard's pie which is the best Shepard's pie I have ever had. It was quiet, the service could noot have been better. This is one of my favorite restaurants around!Special Features:
- Still performs!JudyVIPDined on 7/12/2014It's been a while since we went here for dinner, but four of us has a good meal. The swordfish special was seasoned well, but a little overcooked, the pasta, soup, and salad were fine. The menu offered a lot of choices. The wait staff was okay, but business-like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than Just IrishDCVisitorVIPDined on 7/12/2014I go a few times a year to the Irish Inn for lunch or dinner. The menu is not just Irish classics and food is good. The space can accomodate large or small tables and staff are friendly and competent. Bonus is the music three nights a week.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood hangoutOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2014Good value for the money. Pleasant service. We asked for a quiet table for conversation and were rewarded handsomely. I really like everything about this placeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2014Food and service were outstanding. A bit noisy in this small dining room, but not too bad. Both had steak and they were excellently prepared and seasoned. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Family Day OutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014This was a great choice for a birthday brunch celebration. Our waiter was very attentive to our party of 14. The food was excellent and the mimosa's generous! Afterwards, we all went and had a really nice afternoon in Glen Echo Park. My kids LOVE the carousel, and the puppet shows!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shadegardensDined on 6/27/2014The Inn is delightful and the food was excellent. What more can one ask?Special Features:
- Wonderful placeDutchIrishDined on 6/27/2014We were very surprised. We expected a pub and found a first class restaurant. The food was excellent and the service team was very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A relaxing night outPhyllisDined on 6/25/2014This is a great neighborhood place that I am always comfortable to come back to - the people are friendly, food is good. The Irish Inn never lets me down!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2014It isn't summer without gazpacho and the new chief's recipe has just enough heat to enjoy it. The cod cake exceeded my taste buds expectations. It was wonderful and the side salad was great. The fish N chips were great as always. We enjoyed the new sorbets and ice creams, always refreshing on a hot summer day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious mealOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2014Had not been here in a while, well we had a fun night. Delicious meal, attentive service, complimentary valet parking and all at a reasonable price for the area. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceWadeVIPDined on 6/18/2014The Irish Inn at Glen Echo, MD is a great spot for lunch or dinner, quaint and good food / service.Special Features:
- WelcomingjroverDined on 6/17/2014Very charming atmosphere. Choice of small rooms for intimate dining or for larger groups. Waitstaff is attentive without being overbearing. food was well prepared and piping hot when served. The waitresses suggestion turned out to be spot on.Special Features:
- disappointing father's day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014this is usually a very good restaurant but this father's day they were off their game.
- Another Great Meal and ...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014June 2013. We had not been to the Inn for over a year and it has always been great, this time i ordered the Eggplant Squash Veg dish and was a bit concerned when i found hard chips in it. They were quick to call the Boss and I was asssured it was some of the Squash skin that had got in and been baked. Anyway i opted for a Burger which was very good and i did get a complimentary pudding. They took my husbands meal away to keep warm while we waited and house wine just fine. As usual, we found that the staff are concerned re their customers, it is a super friendly place, we were there for a Cosy New Year 2012 They also phoned me within 15 mins of me leaving that I had left my Camera behind and i picked it up next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!GinaDVIPDined on 6/8/2014I love this place. There's nothing better than sitting on their patio for dinner on a beautiful early summer evening. Great service, good drink, nice atmosphere. One of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.