The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges
258 Westchester Avenue
Pound Ridge, NY 10576Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theinnatpoundridge.com/
- Phone: 9147641400x
- Hours of Operation:
The Inn offers a brunch menu daily, from 11:30am to 2:30pm, Monday - Friday and 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday.
The Inn opens for dinner nightly at 5:00pm, and serves the full dinner menu until 10:00pm, Sunday - Thursday, and until 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, French American
- Executive Chef: Jean-Georges Vongerichten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean‑Georges looks forward to customizing your special occasion. Whether it be an intimate dinner for 20 in our candlelit only private dining room, or large scale weddings, bar mitzvahs, birthdays, and other events. Please contact our Special Events Manager, Lori Brodsky, for additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (914) 764-1400.
A word from The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges
Chef Jean‑Georges introduces his latest venture, a casually elegant restaurant ensconced in the picturesque town of Pound Ridge, New York. Here, Jean‑Georges cultivates a truly seasonal, farm-to-table cuisine, with ingredients sourced from the Hudson Valley and New England, whenever possible. Constructed in 1833 as a residence and serving later as an inn, the building has been painstakingly renovated to preserve as many of the original materials as possible, including four working fireplaces. Thomas Juul-Hansen designed the restaurant’s interior with a modern yet rustic sensibility; zinc and marble accent stone and reclaimed wood. The restaurant’s lighting, artfully conceived by Hervé Descottes, employs paper shades and Edison fixtures to create warmth throughout.Continued
Visit our website to learn more about The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges http://www.theinnatpoundridge.com/
Visit our website to learn more about The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges http://www.theinnatpoundridge.com/
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges - Best Restaurants in Pound Ridge ›
The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges reviews from OpenTable diners
651 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (467)special occasion (399)neighborhood gem (271)hot spot (234)romantic (226)good for groups (153)great for brunch (150)vibrant bar scene (149)notable wine list (145)great for lunch (133)scenic view (107)kid-friendly (54)late-night find (50)great for outdoor dining (34)Show More
- Was hoping for morejdjarDined on 9/27/2014Food was fantastic, but the sub-par service left me feeling unsatisfied. One nit-picky thing was that they served wine by the glass in small white wine glasses, not what I would expect for a Cabernet. I asked the server (since 2 nearby tables had nice red wine goblets) and he told us that they had different glasses when you ordered by the glass. Made me feel that since we didn't get a bottle (my husband couldn't drink much due to a surgery) we were cheap or something. Also felt that the server was not very friendly or helpful. I might go back, but I'm certainly not rushing.Special Features:
- To New To Be Getting Olddirose7VIPDined on 9/27/2014My husband and I have dined here often and had a great experience...not so this time. We arrived early and waited while others were seated. Finally, we were escorted to a tiny spot next to a party of ten. When we asked to be reseated we were accommodated, but not until we asked. The host should have told us our table was ready when we were having cocktalies. And now the main problem - the food. Salmon and mashed potatoes served cold. When I told them they took the dish but instead of preparing it fresh the same food arrived reheated in the microwave. I requested chicken which arrived greasy and dried out. The compensation offered for this meal was another glass of wine or dessert - neither of which we accepted. Terribly disappointed.Special Features:
- Another delicious experiencesariegoDined on 9/26/2014This is our second time at the Inn for dining. It was my birthday. The food was amazing, their foie gras brûlée is so delicious. The shrimp salad with the champagne dressing was so well balanced and delicious, I had the beef tenderloin, cooked to perfection and so tender you could slice it with a fork. The carrots with dill and jalapeño are so delicious and surprising that I want to try to make them for Thanksgiving this year. My husband ordered the lamb chops which were also cooked to perfection. Overall a great experience and we will be back over and over to enjoy this place.Special Features:
- A Pound Ridge GemMag2walkDined on 9/25/2014A striking restaurant with superb delicious food and excellent service.Special Features:
- LelandoVIPDined on 9/23/2014Pricey, but worth every cent. We ordered the salumi and cheese as a starter to share. This portion size could have been an entre. The salads were fresh and creative. We both had pork chops wrapped in procuitto - cooked to perfection. The wine list was pricey, but there are several affordable options. A great place to spend our 30th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2014From start to finish, The Inn does it right! I've tried just about everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. My two favorites - the Kale Salad and Salty Caramel Sundae!Special Features:
- Let downStevek45VIPDined on 9/21/2014Jean-Georges produces some of the finest fare in the entire world and I was excited to experience the Inn. While it was not a disaster, it was far from what I have come to experience from JG. The service was lackluster from our wait at the bar (we had a reservation) to the table. Only one stand-out course, the fried sushi was very good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014too many kids and very noisy-I guess Sunday evening is not the best time.
- Great day trip from the cityLanceDined on 9/21/2014We visit the city once or twice a year but never really venture out of it. This time we rented a car (easy) drove up the Hudson for Sunday brunch, visited a park, and then headed to Inn at Pound Ridge for an early dinner. The setting is beautiful and relaxing, food and service were perfect (even for foodies like us). A very nice end to a pleasant Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit Inn at Pound RidgeFood4ThoughtDined on 9/21/2014Very enjoyable. Good service. Excellent wine by the glass We will return for the evening menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatajfoodieDined on 9/21/2014After two visits to this restaurant, once for dinner and once for brunch, I have to say overwhelmingly, "meh". Despite the hype, the food on both occasions was disappointing: at dinner my lobster was overcooked and dry, and at brunch the eggs benedict was cold. I do believe that if Jean-Georges himself were in the kitchen it may have been different, but this feels like a celebrity chef has slapped his name on a restaurant that he doesn't pay that much attention to. (On the other hand, there isn't much competition in this neighborhood!) Also the restaurant is extremely noisy, especially when it fills up with families with children. On the plus side, service is attentive without being obsequious.Special Features:
- NYC vibe in WestchesterScottDined on 9/20/2014Bar and restaurant were both packed. We had a 9pm reservation and were seated on-time. Those without reservations were waiting...a while. Once inside, you could have been anywhere in the city rather than the woods of Pound Ridge. Prices reflected this, but well worth the price of admission. We were seated downstairs - I would request this again. Upstairs was a little noisy and tables packed next to each other. Won't be our last time dining at The Inn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/19/2014Outstanding as always and the ambiance is very serene and comfortable. The butternut squash soup with wild mushrooms was to die for. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- WonderfulFoodLoverDined on 9/18/2014We loved this restaurant. Jean Georges Vongerichten has done it again. The service was attentive and the environment is amazing, and of course the food is what you would expect from Mr. Vongerichten --- original, delicious and presented beautifully. To have this restaurant up in Westchester is a special score for Westchester and Western Fairfield Counties residents, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so greatchingha63VIPDined on 9/17/2014went for an Anniversary dinner. food overly salty. ordered the lobster. sent the first one back. tasted like rubber. other menu items not much better. Not up to par with any Jean-Georges restaurants. a real shame as the building and view are gorgeous. Our waiter Ian was great also.Special Features:
- gerryjudgementVIPDined on 9/17/2014We had a great lunch. I cant say enough about the freshness and the delicious taste of all our dishes, but was particularly impressed about the chicken dish we ordered. I also want to point out , please don't miss the deserts they are amazing try the cookies. We will return for dinner very soon.Special Features:
- BistroBistroDined on 9/15/2014Wonderful to have such a wonderful neighborhood place. Staff has improved. Would love to see the menu change more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in Westchester!LBNCDined on 9/15/2014The food and service were outstanding. Dinner on Monday evening was not crowdedSpecial Features:
- Amazing!!!PlacesToEatDined on 9/14/2014Fried sushi with hamachi was unbelievable. Very unique and creative. Lobster enriched in the shell was also phenomenal. I enjoyed the tuna tartare in ginger sauce and the salmon in corn pudding. Next time I'll try the crab cake and the Hake. Desserts were also top notch. Wait staff was attentive and got us out within 75 minutes per our request. Easily the best restaurant in N. Westchester. Dress is casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed. Again.DiningOutInNYDined on 9/14/2014It was my second time visiting the Inn at Pound Ridge for brunch, and it will probably be my last. Perhaps it's better suited for dinner, or just drinks and appetizers? Here are a few highlights from our disappointing meal (which happened to be a Birthday celebration for my mom): my glass of Pinot Noir came served in a dirty glass, and the wine itself had turned (we own a wine shop, so we know what wine-gone-bad tastes like) and that was the start of the meal. The Parmesan Crusted Chicken dish ordered by one in the party, was perhaps the most unattractive looking dishes I've ever seen. The grass-feed burger and sandwiches were unimpressive and served crumbled ends and bits of fries. For a $250 meal, we were vey disappointed...Special Features:
- SlippingCTDiner368VIPDined on 9/14/2014We've been there a few times and the restaurant was amazing at first but the drop off in service from early days to now is shocking and really ruined the dining experience. We waited forever - even for water when we sat down. Never got bread. Food when it arrived was cold but we were too hungry to send it back. Not sure if we'll be returning.Special Features:
- Another fabulous evening at the InnPressbureauVIPDined on 9/13/2014Best dining experience in westchester/greenwich. Period. Food is exceptional,service what we all want & never get. Dessert-one taste has me hooked,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, unacceptable wait timeDoreenDined on 9/13/2014The food is great at this restaurant. The wait was unacceptable. We had 9 pm reservations and sat down after 10 pm (this way only after my friend spoke with the manager and was complaining in a "heightened" tone). There were many other tables waiting much longer than we were. They clearly overbooked and the poor host had to deal with many anger patrons. The didn't charge us for our apps or desserts and they gave us extra of each but it didn't completely make up for the initial service (obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be writing this review). My husband and I have been here twice before and experienced a bit of a wait the first time (25 mins) but nothing like this. Who wants to eat a pork chop at 11 pm?! We won't be back any time soon.Special Features:
- Jean-Georges Does It AgainJuliesChoiceDined on 9/13/2014As a fan of Jean-Georges in NYC & London, I was thrilled about this new location 20 minutes from our house in CT. We sat in the main level, which is group and family-friendly, yet the banquettes on the perimeter make it fine for more romantic dinners. The food was perfect. To sample more than the usual courses, we had the crab crostini as a starter to share, two appetizers, a pizza--delectable fontina and truffle--and a pasta--fresh ravioli with ricotta in tomato sauce that sounds unspectacular but was delicious in every way. The foie gras appetizer was amazing with a brûlée top, a perfect touch of sweetness. The other, fried calamari, was ethereal, not a rubber ring among them. Fresh donuts and post modern sundae were the perfect finish.Special Features:
- WowServemeDined on 9/13/2014A great meal with impeccable service in a charming setting and a superb value. What more could be said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceNeilskDined on 9/13/2014Every time we have eaten here since JG took over it has been a special experience. You are eating the best food, with excellent but not overbearing service, in a setting (indoors and out) that makes you feel like you are escaping, yet it's all somehow very casual and laid back. Just a great place to go, lunch or dinner. The food is outstanding. I enjoyed the tomato gazpacho and tuna burger. Both out of this world.Special Features:
- Disappointednickname1VIPDined on 9/13/2014Place is beautiful, with elegant minimalist decor. Food was very good ... when it finally came from the kitchen and wasn't served cold. Happened as well with coffee service. Maître d' knew of problems and made no special effort. Jean George needs to do more than just lend his name to the place; he needs to pay attention.
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Really enjoyed our evening. Food was excellent, service to matchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service + an A+ MealDougVIPDined on 9/11/2014Our server, Rob, was exceptional. He was an informed guide and host for our fun evening with friends. We'll be back to try more of the flavors that we missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambianceFoodieVIPDined on 9/10/2014We recently enjoyed our anniversary dinner here, we sat in the downstairs dining room which was very cozy. The waitstaff was very friendly and knowledgable and provided good recommendations. They steered us to some options we had not considered but were delicious. In the open table reservation I had put a note that it was an anniversary dinner (But did not mention anything special during the dinner) and they presented us at dessert with a surprise plate which was beautifully decorated with chocolate mini cupcakes, we brought them home for our kids who loved them! We will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Debbie25Dined on 9/10/2014The downstairs had great ambiance. The service was impeccable. The food was outstanding. The appetizers were the best I have ever had not to mention the salted caramel ice cream sundae.Special Features:
- Lunch at the InnMandyobVIPDined on 9/10/2014We arrived first in the room, seated immediately. Love the decor of this restaurant! I have eaten dinner here numerous times but my lunch partner had never been. I loved my food, she did not. Service was good as usual. I will definitely be back again and again, I don't think my friend will be rushing back though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gave it a Second Chance...listen2meDined on 9/9/2014Went for brunch the first time and was underwhelmed. Food was nothing to brag about and presentation was flat. So bad that I canceled a long standing Saturday night reservation that I had on the books for at least 2 months. A friend had a great first experience and convinced me to give it a second chance. Glad I did as dinner was excellent. Will go back again for dinner sometime but still leary about brunch.Special Features:
- Amazing food!DiningoutDined on 9/7/2014Food and service were top notch. Understandably Sunday night at 6:30 pm was not prime time but a few too many high chairs and babies for our 25th wedding anniversary dinner. Regardless food experience was superb for both of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service, mediocre foodBajeauDined on 9/7/2014I took guests from Utah for brunch and we waited about 20 minutes for our table and then another hour for our brunch orders. My guest was brought an omelet that wasn't even listed on the menu (and oddly enough they were able to replace it with the correct one within five minutes). The English muffin under my eggs Benedict was as hard as wood and I could not cut it or even bite through it. My wife's shrimp salad was limp and soggy. The couple at the next table even commented on the salad and complained about their own food. Overall, very disappointing for such a beautiful restaurant with such a strong heritage. I guess this is what happens when a celebrity chef tries to become a "chain" operation
- Always a Winner!dirose7VIPDined on 9/6/2014Celebrated a special birthday in our by-far favorite place in Westchester. Enjoyed the ambiance, service, creative cocktails and of course the outstanding food. Started with sweat peal guacomole and crackling calamari. Both outstanding. Husband had the hake and I ate the salmon with corn pudding. Great desserts, especially the peach cobbler. We will be back and very soon.Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Went there on Saturday night for our 22nd anniversary. It had been close down for a while but has been completely revived by Jean-Georges. The upstairs has changed significantly but the downstairs still looks pretty similar to the way it did 22 years ago. It's rustic, but modern. We enjoyed the bar downstairs prior to our reservation. The signature cocktails were creative and extremely tasty. The bartender was also very personable and helpful with recommendations for drinks and our meal choices. We then went up stairs for the meal. Services was excellent, just the right amount of attention. The food was outstanding, certainly the best meal I have had in quite a while.Special Features:
- Outstanding Westchester diningbranDined on 9/6/2014Finally Westchester has a dining venue that is first class. The Inn at Pound Ridge can stand up to any NY restaurant for food, atmosphere and service. we had pizza,which could stand up to any Italian restaurant fare, and calamari.The calamari was so light, with no detectable grease, and served with a wonderful sauce. Both outstanding. The parmesan crusted chicken was crunchy on the outside and moist inside. the best chicken dish I have had in a while. Desserts were only fair. Drinks and wine list were excellent and service was superb. The garden view was just lovely. The web site needs directions to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XxxxDined on 9/5/2014Very enthusiastic waiter. He seemed to enjoy describing HIS favorites at length, many of which included pork or combined meat and cheese...two of our party keep Kosher. Totally missed their cues, but not to worry. We had a delightful time.Special Features:
- Gold standard!!PressbureauVIPDined on 9/5/2014Finally, a restaurant in westchester that is worthy of the elite foodies, fussiest patrons, & energetic, yet w deference to those who desire intimacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.