The Inn at Brookeville Farms
19501 Georgia Avenue
Olney, MD 20833Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Inn at Brookeville Farms
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theinnatbrookevillefarms.com/
- Phone: 3017748382x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm. Winter hours may vary. Call for hours.
If you require first level seating, please contact us directly.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Hajewski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From intimate private parties to large events, our Inn is ready for any special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Darcy Long 3017748382x
- Special Events: Early Dinner Specials: Tues. - Fri. 4:30pm-5:30pm
Thursdays - "Steak & Cabernet Night"
Tuesday- 1/2 priced wine
A word from The Inn at Brookeville Farms
The Inn at Brookeville Farms is an excellent choice for an enchanting night out, a special occasion, or just a fun evening out with family and friends. The restaurant menu features classic American cuisine with a variety of choices including the finest beef, fresh seafood, and succulent lamb along with local and regional specialties. A wine list encompasses choices from the great vineyards in France to the best wines from California as well as selections from Australia to South Africa. Come join us for brunch, lunch or dinner. Let us provide you with a special dining experience you will not forget. We are a charming country inn waiting to serve you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Inn at Brookeville Farms - Best Restaurants in Olney ›
The Inn at Brookeville Farms reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (17)scenic view (13)great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014excellent dinner: filet mignon, sea bass, mussels in citro, crab cakes - all expertly prepared. A wonderful place for a very nice dinner or lunch, and certainly for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- I'll not returnElroyDined on 8/8/2014The food was acceptable. The service was awful. Although the place was nearly empty each step took a long time. We had to ask for the check 3 times (three different people). When we stood up to leave, we got the check after asking again. The amount was $86, when he returned for me to sign, it had changed to $114. No explanation offered. When I asked for a manager, she shrugged it off and said he forgot to add beverages. No offer of a remedy except for a "gift card". Not much good when we will not go back.
- elegant country inn atmosphereMaryDined on 7/13/2014We were there for Sunday brunch. Happened to be the only party seated in a dining room with 3 other tables, which was great, but might have felt a little crowded had others been seated with us. Homemade sangria recipes were unique; typical but high quality brunch fare. The large bar mitzvah party there at same time as we were challenged the kitchen so food service after our orders were taken was delayed, but we received complimentary drinks and coffee and apology by very attentive waiter to compensate. Standard item on menu was satisfactory for member of our party who is on a vegan diet. Service, food & atmosphere was great; we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the settingolneylocalDined on 6/28/2014This is one of my favorite places for the setting. The food is just ok, and the service could have been more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't have a good timeAwfulDined on 6/19/2014Our waiter Evan toooooook forever with our orders, attending to our table. So all I got was salad and dessert. I didn't even want to wait for an entree. It was embarrassing because my grandma was with me, and she kept wondering where is our waiter. Service was awful
- Great place for brunch, beautiful!Mddad259Dined on 6/15/2014We went here for Father's Day brunch and it was great! Such a nice setting, the service was really good and the food was excellent as well. We'll definitely be returning.Special Features:
- theshrewDined on 6/6/2014Service at the Inn is always superb. The food is above average. The ambience is lovely. The music was too loud and too up-to-date to fit with the decor and general atmosphere.Special Features:
- amateurish service but good foodprofDined on 5/31/2014We all enjoyed the food, which was very reasonably priced. However, the wine list is severely limited. Further, the wine we selected was not available and the server hadn't known that so we had to start all over with our selection. He was intrusive from time to time during the meal. When we didn't eat something (such as one of the desserts), he failed to ask if something was wrong or offer to bring something else or take it off our bill.Special Features:
- DeliciousJessicaleighfDined on 5/25/2014The Inn at Brookeville Farms was delicious. We went for Sunday brunch and were happy with the atmosphere & food. I had the french toast and it was perfect. There were vegan options for my vegan friend as well. The beautiful old style building and furniture were romantic and quaint. I hope to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodtrojanVIPDined on 5/22/2014The food was outstanding. Mushroom and onion soup was one of best I've had. We were there on steak night, they were out of the steak I ordered. Was surprised at that. Several large groups there on the Thursday we were there and the food was slow in arriving and waiter was obviously overtaxed. Yet he was very good and very helpful. Would go there again and see if the timing is better - mainly because the food was so good. pricey, but not overpriced for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Huge disappointmentnamoboDined on 5/21/2014Not even close to past visits. Callow, inefficient, ineffective service matched food best characterized as indifferent. Anniversary Dinner memorable for all the wrong reasons. How was it bad? The waiter had no clue about a champaign cocktail (what do you want in that?); oysters promised on menu and website were not available; meals delivered after a substantial wait -- sea bass was quite good, but (lump?) crab cakes was pathetic -- tasteless, dry, overcooked, accompanied by a "mess" of mashed potatoes, covered by mess of mixed, tasteless vegetable chards; wine arrived well after food; dessert (lemon-blueberry cake) was also indifferent; coffee also delayed. No room left room for more negative comments. Need new chef and management.
- BRUNCH-N0 DINNER-UNKNOWNRANDYDined on 5/11/2014The Very few brunch entrees and sides not only didn't justify price; more importantly, food appeared, tasted of having been setting too long, needing replenishing with freshly cooked. Ahi Tuna was very good; however, other meat entrees were either dry, overcooked or just not tasty from sitting too long in trays. there were only four (4) or five (5) sides in addition to an omelet cooked to order station. The crab soup was very good. The blueberry cobbler was extremely dry with very little fruit and obviously had been sitting for hours. There were only three other deserts. BRUNCH is a no, no at this restaurant; however, it may be worthwhile trying dinner, lunch where you can order from the menu, which appeared interesting online
- Not impressedGoodeating101Dined on 5/11/2014Beautiful looking restaurant, food on the buffet was sparse, cold and missing at times. Very overpriced. Service lets just say we did not see him often.
- Not worth the money.FoodyDined on 5/11/2014The Inn has a great reputation, but thats where it ends. The pictures online are inaccurate as the grounds are poorly maintained, in fact rather dumpy. The inside is georgous though. The food was old and dry and our bill for LUNCH was $136 - overall it was a thumbs down!
- Mothers Day delightMark314159Dined on 5/11/2014This is our favorite restaurant for special occasions. I was delighted to get a table for our family of four, at the time I wanted at short notice, even on a busy holiday. All the food was great, and the service was warm and friendly. It helped make it a special occasion for my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingjoandinesVIPDined on 5/11/2014We should know better than to go out for Mothers Day. We've eaten at this restaurant before and been fine with it, hence our decision to go there for Mothers Day, especially a buffet. Both the food & service were disappointing. I asked for tomatoes and, even though they had salad & an omelet station, they had no tomatoes. They had items at the carving station which looked good but were dry & tastesless. The pancakes had a strange taste & were dry and tough. This restaurant might be fine for a lunch or dinner, but I would never go there again for a holiday. Most restaurants give a flower to mothers on Mothers Day. Our waiter didn't even wish me or other mothers at nearby tables "Happy Mothers Day."
- Best Kept Foodie Secretouttodinner2Dined on 5/8/2014The chef here is superb. We made reservations at the Inn at Brookeville Farms simply because it was close to Olney Theater, where we were seeing a play, and we expected an average restaurant. What we found instead was a five-star gem with marvelous food. The mushroom and onion tarlet was one of the lightest and tastiest appetizer pastries I've ever eaten, and the Creole catfish dish was out of this world. I was so impressed with the food and the friendly service that I passed along the contact info for Inn at Brookeville Farms to my daughter-in-law, who is a wedding planner, so that she could begin referring clients here. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.Special Features:
- FloridadaveDined on 5/1/2014Excellent food and service in a charming location made our lunch was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- The following 246 reviews are from the The Inn at Brookeville Farms reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceJayCeeDined on 4/25/2014The ambience at The Inn at Brookeville Farms is charming and comfortable. A nice place for a special occasion. Two of us shared the mussels in white sauce as an appetizer. It was a huge portion and some of the best I have ever had. The food was nicely prepared and quite delicious. There were three of us and we all enjoyed our meal. One of us had the lamb steak and two had the catfish. I would rate the food very good to excellent. The service was very attentive but not too attentive. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014We had an excellent Mother's Day brunch. Personally, I prefer to order off the menu because the buffet is pricey and don't necessarily eat enough to get my money's worth, not do most women in their 80's. However, on Mother's day only the buffet was available and the food quality was excellent. We love this restaurant and it has great food.Special Features:
- Wont return for a second visitJohnSDined on 4/20/2014The restaurant has a beautiful setting but other than that its nothing special. While we did have good service the food was not very good. The omelet station burned most of the omelets sent to our table. The french toast was dry and appeared burned on many pieces. The pastries looked as if they had been sitting out for sometime and we had early reservations for a good size group. the deserts and the doughnut holes were good but for the money you could do much better at half the price. The food was very poor in my opinion and was either cold , over cooked and just not tasty. The setting is beautiful if management could bring everything else up to par it would be a quaint place to eat.
- DisappointingUltracsicVIPDined on 3/29/2014We have driven by this place for a number of years and just never stopped to eat. It is a great looking spot and we expected a fine dining experience. Sadly, it was nt to be. The service was very slow and un-engaging. The food was was only OK, fortunately the wine saved the meal. I don't think we'll be returning.Special Features:
- Nice intimate setting withSharonDined on 3/27/2014Nice intimate setting with small tables available to accommodate meeting up with a friend for catching up. Quiet enough to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy hideout!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2014This place has great food, elegant decor, and is great to bring family or go on a romantic date!Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseGeneVIPDined on 3/22/2014We did n't know what to expect. We found an interesting and creative menu with many choices. Very good service, very quiet ambience so we could actually hear each other. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Loved it!NewFoodieDined on 3/21/2014We celebrated my dad's 93rd birthday and loved our meal. I was at this restaurant several years ago but thought the recent visit was much, much better. Nice variety on the menu but we all mostly had the beef which was delectable! I will definitely try lunch or brunch if they have it soon. It was not crowded on a Friday night which has me concerned because I hope they stay in business. I am pleased that there is a great restaurant out Olney way for special occasions that everyone from my 26 year old food snob son to my 93 year old day and various ages in between (no kids) all enjoyed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerRobertDined on 3/20/2014This place is off the beaten track but worth it. The food was good and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey for quality ofannieDined on 3/1/2014A bit pricey for quality of food and service but a "special occasion" place that we may revisit when the weather is warmer and we have a better idea of surrounding area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This spot is truly a findSnowflakeVIPDined on 2/27/2014This spot is truly a find just north of Olney. It's beautiful, romantic, and the service truly makes one feel special. However, it does not draw many people on weeknights.Special Features:
- First at BrookvilleJoellVIPDined on 2/21/2014This was our first meal at Brookville Farms. We came in quite early for dinner because we were catching a show at the Olney Theatre that's why the place was a bit empty. We had the scallops and the calamari for starters, and it was the best calamari I've even had. Our main dishes were the bass dish and the lamb steak. Both winners!!!! This may be our first visit but definitely not our last.Special Features:
- Overpriced and LimitedValGalDined on 2/14/2014There was a set menu for Valentine's Day, which was $60 per person, which we thought was overpriced for the tiny food portions. We had no option to order outside of that menu, in case there was nothing we liked. We ordered the lamb, which was a bit tough, which came with lobsters the size of my pinky finger. Dessert was so-so; not much variety there. The soup was excellent. I should have just ordered three of those! Ambience and service was okay.
- Avoid on set menu special eventsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went for Valentine's Day and enjoyed the ambiance but the food/set menu was overpriced for the quality food served. My wife and I will give it another try on a normal night when we can order off the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a small group, 5 women,timonDined on 1/14/2014We had a small group, 5 women, for our evening at the Brookeville Inn. They put us in a small alcove by ourselves which was perfect. The food was amazing and the service was very good. Our server, I believe his name was John, was very attentive but not overbearing. It seemed a shame that there weren't more people there, only a few other couples, but in all fairness it was a Tuesday evening. I would highly recommend it, everything we had was delicious from the appetizers to the desserts.Special Features:
- Pretty, but loudDaphneDined on 1/4/2014We have been to The Inn at Brookville Farms many times for both brunch on Sunday and dinner, usually a special occasion. This time was to celebrate the new year. Unfortunately, there was a wedding celebration going on and the band was loud (and bad) as well as the guests. It was too bright in the dining room we were in. I felt like I was in Grand Central Station. The food was good but I couldn't wait to leave for some peace and quiet. Next time, if there is a wedding or other major celebration we will go someplace else. Too bad, we used to like the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food- Spotty ServiceBeachEatsVIPDined on 12/27/2013My wife and I have been to the Inn many times and have always had wonderful meals. This time, we had 4 friends dine with us. All 6 meals were outstanding...several had sea bass, others had crab cakes, scallops, and pork ragu style. We had our own small private room. It was a wonderful intimate setting. Our hostess did a nice job seating us and taking coats. Water and coffee refills were prompt. However, our lead waiter's service was spotty. Often, we were left unattended for large blocks of time. We had ordered one dessert in advance (in was someone's birthday) but our plan was to order 2 other desserts to share. However, it took so long for the waiter to return that we'd lost interest in the other desserts. That said, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Thanksgiving mealMVDinerDined on 11/28/2013I was extremely disappointed in this year's Thanksgiving dinner. The food was barely adequate; the turkey cutlet had little flavor and looked unappetizing (consistent with the stuffing and potatoes, which had the "scooped" appearance I remember from my elementary school cafetria), The service was poor. Although the menu featured a "table welcoming" item, our soup appeared immediately and I had to inquire about the welcoming. The waitress said she'd told the busboy to bring it. Another table didn't get bread until after they finished their entrees. My guest requested her wine twice, and nobody asked if we wanted coffee. I may eventually give the Inn at Brookeville Farms another chance but will never return there for a holiday.
- They nailed it. As we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013They nailed it. As we were leaving the restaurant, I walked up to people going in and recommended the lemon and pistachio cheesecake. I'll probably never have it again, but that one glorious time . . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgivingout4tgivingDined on 11/28/2013The cheese and sausage plate was a little unappealing and the rolls were not very good. However, the entree was excellent - quite possibly the best turkey breast I have ever had. The gravy was also excellent, quite light. I had the arugula salad which was delightful as was the spice cake. The service seemed a little inexperienced but they were so willing and cheerful that it was easy to give them the benefit of the doubt. I expect they put on extra help for the holiday. With just a little fine tuning they could easily improve the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Enjoyable Location1excitingplaceDined on 11/28/2013My close friend and I had a wonderful time at the Inn. The special menu for the day was so on target that we enjoyed the ambience as atmospheric and hospitable. We are definitely considering to make a future reservation for the Christmas holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family lunchsilverspringerVIPDined on 11/27/2013We had a late family lunch the day before Thanksgiving here and the restaurant was very quiet. However the food was very good and the personalized service was outstanding. We had our own room; the outdoors and location were very nice but we didnt explore. This is our second visit and I would highly recommend.Special Features: