1401 East Moyamensing Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theindustrybar.com/
- Phone: (215) 271-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bryan Burger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Quizzo on Thursdays, 6:30pm - 8:30pm.
A word from The Industry
Located on the corner of Moyamensing and Reed streets in Pennsport, The Industry has a distinctive menu featuring homemade, contemporary American cuisine in a comfortable, unique atmosphere. Craft beer, specialty cocktails and a thoughtful wine list compliment the food to create a relaxing and enjoyable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Industry - Best Restaurants in South Philly ›
The Industry reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (5)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Awesome!TracyGDined on 11/22/2014Love this place. The food is always exceptional as well as the staff. Parking is always easy which is a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014Great food, great service. Everyone is super friendly and brunch is very yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhillyexplorerDined on 11/16/2014Visited The Industry before a concert at the Wells Fargo Ctr., and to watch an Eagles game. It's got a nice relaxed vibe inside, however; the tvs were way too loud, making it difficult to talk. Our waiter was great! The food was okay.Special Features:
- Great food and drink selection!JJonesVIPDined on 10/25/2014The minute you walk in you feel very comfortable, then as you sit down and review the food and drink menu the selection is amazing. I recommend the Mac and cheese croquettes...incredible! Their beer selection is also very impressive giving the feel of a true tap house. I will be returning again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Food as delicious but it was a little too noisy. Couldn't have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- industry let downDinneravantgardeDined on 10/13/2014So, we thought we'd give Industry a try and check it out. We ordered their "Monday" burger which was served on a standard, store bought bun you'd serve at a kid's summer camp. The burger itself was delicious, but the whole presentation was a bit lackluster as the shoestring fries served with the meal was again suitable for a kid's summer camp. The beer that was ordered was served in a bottle, no glass to accompany it. Tacky! The noise level was outright loud and uninviting and the ambience was very dark...almost gothic. Our server was fair, but not exactly personable. Overall, this place merits two stars at best.Special Features:
- Our favorite brunch in the areaWineloverDined on 10/12/2014We have been here twice for brunch. Each time was very good. The food is interesting and well executed with very nice service. We really enjoy it and will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014Would've never found this of it weren't for OpenTable & so glad we tried it. Will be back for sure! Service was charming & excellent & food was delicious with a fun cocktail menu. Mac n' cheese bites for the app was so good! May need to make that a double order for next time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotlynnoDined on 9/12/2014We were delighted with our first experience at The Industry. We reserved a table for 4 but had an unexpected 5th person. The staff didn't miss a beat. We already settled into the 4 chairs but the staff took us to a larger table immediately and served us as if we had just arrived as a party of 5. Kudos for the staff go on and on;attentive but not overbearing and knowledgeable, esp about the craft beers (nice selection by-the-way). Atmosphere was chic and relaxing. A bit noisy at times but we were able to converse without difficulty. Food was good but not outstanding. We had the meatballs over polenta, fish & chips and a burger. Good solid food but not outstanding. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- The following 15 reviews are from the The Industry reviews archive.
- Great menu and wonderful bar fareMarjorieVIPDined on 7/27/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant/bar with a varied, eclectic menu and great tasting food!!!Special Features:
- Soon to be a South Philly Staple!SunshineVIPDined on 7/27/2014This is a wonderful little spot where the wait staff is knowledgeable and not pretentious, the food is thoughtful and delicious without being over priced and the distance from all of the "scenes" makes it neighborhoody enough to feel quaint and personal! Love this place! I will keep going back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we found it!SmartcookieDined on 7/11/2014Early dinner on Friday night before a class. Wow. Service was better than many **** restaurants! Eclectic menu - something to please everyone. Prices are reasonable and happy hour specials amazing: Buck a shuck oysters on the half shell and $3 draft craft brews? It's a no brainer... Parking was no problem. We will DEFINITELY go back.Special Features:
- Unexpected delight!LivesToEatVIPDined on 7/5/2014First time at Industry. The service was attentive and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious! Each dish (and we had many) substantial in size and filled with wonderful flavors. Don't miss chicken salad, quinoa salad, burger & fries, and pasta with mushrooms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014I went looking for a restaurant with a great draft beer choice and stumbled upon this one. The food was good, well proportioned and the beer selection was very good. Great start to our night out!Special Features:
- ate too muchMish60Dined on 6/15/2014the restaurant waitstaff was excellent and the food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dayDoakVIPDined on 6/15/2014We loved our food and more importantly the first class service. We will be back on a regular gauss fir sureSpecial Features:
- Brunch brunch brunchmhinksonVIPDined on 6/7/2014Stopped by for Philly Beer week event with Allagash Beer. Great event, great service, great food. Servers very knowledgable about the beer on tap they server, tap list is always interesting. Thai Chicken salad was gluten-free and very good, Hillbilly Philly is the perfect brunch item, spicy fried chicken on biscuits with sausage gravy.Special Features:
- SnackerdoodleVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were there during Philly Beer Week for the pig roast event. The food was delicious. It was packed and our service could have been better. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Is this what Brooklyn's like?EmmaDined on 5/31/2014Not that I hang out in hipster Brooklyn... but this is my idea of what its more staid venues would be like. High energy and friendly (even if you don't fit the demographic) with a fun menu (especially if you eat meat, which I don't). I had the chopped salad which was somehow lacking (olives, maybe?) but my daughter had the grains salad, which was excellent. We both loved the mac'n'cheese fritters -- which you're allowed to have if you have salads, right? I particularly enjoyed the attentive, friendly, tattooed, cutoff-clad service. Lots of Phillies fans the night we were there enjoying their team's successes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasantly SurprisedVioloncelle74VIPDined on 5/4/2014I was looking for a place to eat lunch on a Sunday, near the stadiums before a Phillies game (also the day of the Broad Street Run). This place popped up as available on Open Table and I thought the brunch menu looked interesting. My 12 year-old daughter had the BLT with house made scrapple added. I had eggs over easy with house made home fries and house made chorizo. Both plates were delicious and well executed. My daughter's friend had the cannoli pancakes--WOW! I wasn't in the mood for sweet, took one taste, and had about five more bites (after finishing my meal)! The beer menu is quite interesting, and wine list also better than expected in a bar environment. Definitely a place I would return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mrssparreVIPDined on 5/3/2014This was our first visit, and we enjoyed the room and the food very much. Unfortunately, the music was so loud that, when coupled with the general people noise, we could barely hear each other.
- Great brunchmhinksonVIPDined on 4/20/2014Stopped by for Easter brunch and was completely thrilled. Great draft list, $4 wines for the wife and great meals and service. Don;t miss the Hillbilly Philly, was a great fried chicken on biscuit dish.Special Features:
- luv2dineoutVIPDined on 4/20/2014It is impossible to have a bad experience here. The Industry is AWESOMESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and the drinks wereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014The food and the drinks were good and our waitress was very attentive. This is a great place for a low key date or to have dinner with friends. It definitely a plus that it is a kid friendly environment.Special Features: