The Hurricane Steak & Sushi
360 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Hurricane Steak & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehurricaneclub.com/
- Phone: 2129517111
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER: MON 5:30 PM – 10 PM
TUE – WED 5:30 PM – 11 PM
THU – SAT 5:30 PM – 12 AM
BAR OPEN: MON-FRI 4 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bora Bora Black and White Room: Capacity: 32 seated, 40 reception. Cave Room: Capacity 25 seated, 75 standing. The Lagoon Room is versatile and can be used for cocktail receptions of up 60 guests. The Tapestry Room can be rented as a private event space, please inquire about capac
- Private Party Contact: Denise Bryant 8773712690
A word from The Hurricane Steak & Sushi
The Hurricane Steak & Sushi is the newest restaurant from Fourth Wall Restaurants that owns and operates Quality Meats. Located on 26th Street and Park Avenue South, The Hurricane Steak & Sushi is a must-experience dining adventure that truly transports to the South Pacific with its stunning décor. With tropical cocktails, pupu platters and a menu that spans southeast Asia, The Hurricane Steak & Sushi is open for dinner with several options for memorable private events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Hurricane Steak & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
- HehSMWCVIPDined on 12/27/2013Smaller menu , lovely scenery . Went on a Friday night. Out of lobster tails. Place was empty but the greeter acted as if she had a few dozen seatings coming. Had 5:30 pm reseravation , was 5 mins early & asked to wait at the bar . Seated at 6pm only after I asked if they were ready for us. Server was wonderful , very helpful. had cocnut shrimp , chicken skewers &rock shrimp sushi as apps. No home runs here. Ordered surf & turf - was told no more lobster tails.The house fried rice was good, the ribs were bland at best. Menu very reasonable priced , drinks are average priced & they may be the best part of the place. Won't be back here- truthfully only tried it because I had a gift card-wish I went elsewhere.
- great looks, but eat somewhere elsedocs1Dined on 12/26/2013The place looks beautiful. Great entrance effects. Small portions for a hefty price. Don't come hungry. No bread, no nothing available to get you to your first appetizer. No simple special requests could be accommodated. No customer appreciation. Cold feeling. In general didn't feel welcome, would not go back.
- Tasty food!SwedenDined on 12/25/2013Nice atmosfere and the food was tasted exelente and was beatyful for the eye to watch egen it came to the table. Sevice was good and our waitres was very helpful explaining abort the food. Go there for a very nice dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was PerfectBirthdayGirlDined on 12/24/2013We went on Christmas Eve and surprisingly the restaurant was practically empty. This worked out for us because the servers were very attentive. The sushi was fabulous and the steak was great! Two thumbs up.Special Features:
- The food and service!aurena210Dined on 12/21/2013Order the . porterhouse for two! Omg! And the sushi! Ask for X to be your server. Awesome waiter. Looks like curt cobain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome TimeAndreaDDined on 12/21/2013Love the ambiance, food, excellent service and the food. Only downside was that the in-house menu didn't offer most of the options shown on the online menu....I was a little disappointed I didn't get to order what I went there for. Otherwise though an overall great time!!Special Features:
- Birthday celebration dinnerMarclovesfoodDined on 12/21/2013We were seated on time and wait staff approached the table immediately....almost too attentive in the first 10 minutes, not giving us a chance to look at the menu. But once we had the time to look it over we ordered, and everything came out quickly and everything was delicious. Only complaint... wish the appetizer and side dish portions were bigger!Special Features:
- good, but not great. LimitedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/17/2013good, but not great. Limited Sushi selection, ambiance ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service was aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013Great food, service was a little slow and our server was not very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the drinks and the ambiance!TheEatingMachineVIPDined on 12/11/2013It is a very trendy and fun spot. The drinks are nice and the decor is one of my favorites in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyFood2goosDined on 12/10/2013We really enjoyed it! Loved the dim sum options Wine list by the glass limited and drinks totally overpriced Food was very good but very overpriced I'd recommend to friends but probably won't go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every experience I've hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013Every experience I've had at the hurricane has been a good one. The spicy steak roll was amazing along with the pupu platter. Only thing off was how cold it was in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hurricane ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013The service here was beyond poor. Our first waiter took our drink order and after that never came back but instead tended to all the tables around us. We had to stop him to place our order. The food came quickly and it was great but the REALLY small portions were not worth the prices. We were all disappointed. It took forever to get our tables cleared and even to get our bill. The place is beautiful but i would not recommend it.Special Features:
- left wantinglegosDined on 12/5/2013Definitely a cool spot. Staff were cool. Visitors were full of themselves and the food is average, not sushi, not steak.Special Features:
- Not a date placeyukiDined on 12/4/2013It was my first time at Hurricane. Food was ok. Service was ok, I have to wave down the waiter all the time. The acoustic was very bad. The noise was so loud, I couldn't hear my boyfriend from across the table. The music that was playing make the place more like club scene.Special Features:
- Very OK....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/30/2013Food presentation was good (sushi rolls) and we're very tasty but both steaks were over cooked. Prices are high but I'm not sure why as there was nothing special to any of the 4 entres ordered. Service was not high end and was more casual than I would've expected. Overall us was ok but not somewhere I need to go back to.
- Loved itSassyDined on 11/29/2013So I heard about this place from a close friend of mine she said nothing but good things so I decided to try it out. I went there on a date and it was very nice. I would say it was a well diverse crowd for a Saturday night, the food was good and the svc was good as well I wld def go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!VivthefoodieDined on 11/23/2013This place was recommended by a single New Yorker. The place is very nice. The food was very good and so was the service. This is a very trendy, loud place. The service was good but not great. Not sure I would go back.Special Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2013We are NYC residents and used to high prices but expect some value. We thought the food was adequate but not worth the price. Wont go back
- Extremely noisy. High pricesjoiseychowhoundVIPDined on 11/23/2013Extremely noisy. High prices for decent but unexceptional food. Fancy "Trader-Vic-oid" cocktails not especially well done. Staff very friendly and very professional. This place is popular with the younger set from the neighborhood. Okay for parties, but not fine dining or romantic dates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this hurricaneTrishDined on 11/22/2013I went to dinner with a girlfriend of mine to catch up and the we were seated right away. The waiter was very friendly. The place is beautiful! Free coat check and the hostess was very friendly as well, she even asked how dinner went while I was waiting for my friend. We ordered the drink 77 which was in an actual coconut, the pupu platter which is a must, a sampler of everything!! I had the cashew chicken, she had the shrimp. We ordered the trio of cupcakes and cappuccino to finish off dessert. The food was amazing and ambiance was perfect! This place is a must. I am a big foodie and restauranteur, top 3 on my list. Enjoy!Special Features:
- bring ear plugsspammyDined on 11/22/2013The space is lovely. The food is good--not off the charts, but good. Service is friendly and competent. I came home with a sore throat from yelling at my friends just for a normal conversation. IT WAS UNBEARABLE. It was like going to a wedding and being seated at the table right next to the band. I couldn't wait to leave and I will never come back. It was one of the worst dining experiences because of the sound level. Too bad--everything else was good.
- Great food, not so great drinksJajaDined on 11/19/2013The Peking pig and the beef short ribs were really fantastic. I'd suggest hiring a couple good mixologists though. Both the Mai Tai and Mango Cider Flip were really bland - disappointing. Given how good the food was, that was a real surprise. For the prices, the drinks should be just as good. I recommend the food highly but go for drinks elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing only on weekdaysHateCatchVIPDined on 11/17/2013I frequent the hurricane club and it's always only on weekends that they keep you waiting minimum 30 mins AFTER your reservation time to be seated. We had a table reserved at 11:15 and weren't seated until midnight!!!! They tell you to go sit at the ridiculously over crowded bar while you wait to be called. Our waitress was "having a bad night" and didn't feel like attending to us so she had the bus boy take our order instead. Guess she deemed the party of 5 men who were seated after us a bigger priority than 2 girls. The food is always amazing regardless of the unacceptable wait and service. Spare yourself & go on a weekday!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedsamanthacarlinDined on 11/16/2013I love this place for drinks, so was really looking forward to dinner. I was underwhelmed with the dining experience as a whole. Our 8PM reservation had a "15 minute grace period", which the restaurant called to tell me about the day before. When our party was there in time, we didn't get seated until 8:30. The Hurricane didn't stick to their own 15 minute "grace period," making it feel like the restaurant was self-important, not showing the customer the same courtesy they ask their customers to show them. A little backwards for a place that is supposed to be fine dining. The food was fine, but not as fantastic as expected for the price. Portions were small. I wouldn't go back for dinner- but still like the ambiance at the bar for drinks.Special Features:
- Best Birthday DinnerilikearttypegirlDined on 11/15/2013This place was amazing, along with the service and the quality!Special Features:
- Lovely food and even lovelier staffpck255Dined on 11/14/2013My cousin and I dined there yesterday evening and had a LOVELY time. Our waiter, Mark, was incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and good humored. We started with the crab and avocado rolls (delicious) and my cousin got the filet mignon (beautifully cooked) and I got the chicken cashew (I am not a fan of fried foods, but the light batter and sweet sauce was delightful). We split the coconut rice which was sweet, creamy, and served warm in a coconut which was a great touch. We were even given a chocolate cake on the house for dessert. The environment was unbelievable, great ambiance, and the hostesses with gorgeous and full of smiles. I definitely think this is a must if you find yourself in the Flatiron area.Special Features:
- Great food, Out of control SaturdayFatboyslimDined on 11/9/2013I had dined previously a few times in 2012. I was a beautiful establishment with an innovative menu. However i am not sure if the management has changed but the service was drastically off recently. I came to celebrate an anniversary 11/9/2013. Reservations were made for 9:45pm. Upon walking into the restaurant, it was clear that the staff had no control of the front desk. Other patrons had been waiting upwards of an hour for seats. These werent walk-ins, but 8:30pm reservations who were still waiting. It then became a contest of who could complain the loudest, because thats the only way you were seated. Two 10pm reservations for 2 were seated prior to my 9:45. Eventually we were seated at 10:30. Girlfriend wasnt very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't honor reservationsMidtownlunchVIPDined on 11/9/2013I was told to take a seat by the bar and after 2 hours the table was still not ready. We left and ate across the street.
- Horrible wait timeLWLMDined on 11/9/2013We had an 8:00pm dinner reservation and were not seated until 9:30. I understand Saturday nights at a trendy restaurants usually requires a wait, but the point of a reservation is to plan ahead and avoid that!Special Features:
- Nice Concept But Misses The MarkjhollywdDined on 11/9/2013Awesome presentation on drinks... but don't leave out the alcohol! At $80 a round, alcohol is required. They make you feel stupid for coming in, starting with a reconfirming call. More concerned with the rules of a table: grace period for arrival - time you are allowed to stay! Arrived for an early dinner reservation. "We can't sit you until your entire party is here." "Go to the bar and wait". 5 mins later when the fourth was there. "Go back and settle your bill at the bar first." Can't transfer a bar tab? 3rd attempt to be seated, "We'll honor your reservation, but we won't extend your table time." The server and the food were exceptional. I'd go back every week if they would just learn that guest service basics don't cost extra.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating Christmas EveLEE13Dined on 11/9/2013My father and I dined for our Christmas eve dinner. We shared three appetizers including a calamari dish which was tasty. Our main entrees were the tuna and the scallops. The tuna, although rare as ordered, should have been pan seared like the scallop dish. The scallops was absolutely delicious! Ordered a side of the asparagus with a citrus type glaze that was fantastic. The wine and beer choices were slim but did include my favorite Kendall Jackson Reserve Chardonnay but at $14/glass, that was steep even for a NYC restaurant. We would have returned but the restaurant has now closed. Will re-open in April '14 with a new cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food ambience serviceAdamp3p4VIPDined on 11/8/2013Love the Peking pig, the rice with the fried egg and the shrimp is to die for. Food good, drinks good, space good its all good. I have been 15 or so times had one hid cup which they fixed. Always amazing will go back again and againSpecial Features:
- Worth the Splurge!SarahEramoDined on 11/8/2013Though this restaurant is not cheap the food and the drinks are well worth it. Very chic young crowd, like a Tao or a Lavo--loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013So my table of 5 gets there on time and our table takes about 10 minutes to get ready. No biggie! Waiter who we barely saw was so so so busy gossiping that we had other waiters serving us. Then this woman brings me a piece of cake because it's my birthday she says then I get the bill & it's on the bill! When we asked why it's on the bill he rudely responds "ain't nothing free here" and the woman that gave us the cake is not even a waiter she works in the front, SO WHY WAS SHE AT OUR TABLE. So we did not tip after all this nonsense! Then "owner" comes by to ask why we didint tip =/ So after explaining we went to the bar drank & tipped away the night.Special Features:
- Out of this worldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2013The steak served here is by far the best I've ever tasted! Cooked to perfection, succulent and tender. Didn't even need the steak knife provided to cut through it. If you're visiting New York, you need to book a table here. If you live in New York and haven't already been here, shame on you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was there on a Tuesday nightSohohousewifeDined on 11/5/2013I was there on a Tuesday night with a gf. The portions were huge so we would probably not have ordered that much if we knew. Great exciting drinks and people. Would go here again on a weekend which we heard is crazy there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent venue, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2013Excellent venue, the food is great, the staff is courteous and the decor is fantastic. Just be ready to spend a pretty penny but it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of funOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/2/2013We finally got a reservation here and we definitely enjoyed our experience. The drinks were great and the food was solid. Definitely a fun night on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food BUT sooo expensiveFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2013This place is great but so expensive. This is for a special occasion only. Its great for birthdays or large groups. $70 for their signature watermelon drink is OUTRAGEOUS...but I guess if you didn't want it don't order it. I would recommend the place as the food is a great mix of fusion asion. The Lobster chili is fabulous!Special Features: