The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel
One Liberty Boulevard
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.desmondgv.com/
- Phone: 6102969800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday: 7:00 am - 11:00 am, Sunday: 7:00 am - 8:30 am, Brunch 8:30 am - 2:00 pm. Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00 - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Kessler 6102969800
A word from The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel
Enjoy the best in American Regional Cuisine at The Desmond's Hunt Room. The Hunt Room is the perfect spot when you are in the mood for great steaks and seafood. Our experienced and professional culinary staff take pride in serving the most succulent prime beef, the freshest seafood and a tempting array of delicious salads, sides and desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (11)great for brunch (10)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- MAURCIADined on 10/11/2014WAITE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT AND FRIENDLY. VERY COMFORTABLE. FOOD WAS EXCELLENTSpecial Features:
- Our Desmond Experience!TheMicroVacationerDined on 10/9/2014A mini resort vacation in an evening's time! So relaxing, delicious and decadent. A refreshing and restorative get away!Special Features:
- Good Service But Bad FoodRysdesVIPDined on 9/28/2014The waitress is very pleasant and helpful. Our food is not good. The prime rib was chewy. The duck had the taste of being in the freezer too long. The plate was returned to the kitchen because of the taste. The replacement dish was a piece of swordfish. The meat was watery. It was a disappointing meal.
- Sunday Brunch!FabulousDined on 9/28/2014We had friend in from France and we Enjoyed everything you had to Offer! Absolutely Amazing!! and are waiter Collin was Fabulous!! I cant think of One bad thing! Honestly!! Thank You So Much!!! We will definitely be Back!! ps. I'm still Full!! haha!! Thanks Again!! oxoxox!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch!jyychemDined on 9/21/2014This is the first time we'd eaten at the Desmond for brunch. There was a wide variety of food and everything was delicious, particularly the roast beef, which was fabulous. The price was quite reasonable and service excellent. We definitely will go back, with our entire family next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place, great foodRacemom72Dined on 9/21/2014their Sunday Brunch is a hit every time. The staff are helpful, courteous and go above and beyond to make sure you have a great dining experience. The food is hot, fresh and delicious. the famous Bread Pudding is mouth watering. I love the tables for 2, and the view of the lush greenery from the windows.Special Features:
- We had a very nice timePvbfoodVIPDined on 9/18/2014We went for a birthday. The room was very nice and the food was good. Our server, Mimi, took very good care of us.Special Features:
- Hunt Club AtmosphereLouJanVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had enjoyed a lively day at the Radnor Hunt Concours d'Elegance in Malvern. PA. and wanted to finish with a relaxing meal. We found just what we were looking for at the Hunt Room in the Desmond Hotel. The decor is just as the name indicates, Hunt Club casual. The food was good and the service was excellent. The cocktails were very cold and poured just right. A very nice selection of wines by the glass and a notable desert menu, of which, one, my wife and I shared, a nice finish a good meal. The Hunt Room was a good choice to end a very good day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StillDined on 9/13/2014We have visited the hunt room 3 times now and have never been disappointed. The tables and booths are far enough apart and our food has been wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/7/2014Had dinner last night with friends and were pleasantly surprised given that this is a hotel restaurant. We all had the prix fixe for $34. The selection and quality were good. Excellent beef cooked correctly (seems like that is hard to come by now days) with a nice selection of side dishes. The only downside was the artificial whipped cream on the good key lime pie.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014We had a great time. Great place to celebrate a 95th birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmoothSmoothVIPDined on 8/30/2014Kelly our server was exceptional. Our first time dinner was great, we will be back! I had the Filet Mignon, perfectly done and my wife had the crab cakesSpecial Features:
- Hunt RoomBobbyDined on 8/17/2014A very fine restaurant however if you are unfortunate to pick a time when there are large parties the noise level can be high ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked OmeletepicurianDined on 8/12/2014I had ordered a cheese omelet with onions. It was overcooked and so dry that even the cheese could not be tasted. The stewed tomatoes that I ordered were very good. The staff was very friendly and were quite attentive. The ambience was excellent and this is a great place for an early morning breakfast meeting.
- Lovely place for brunchCAMyrtDined on 8/10/2014Great selection even for this vegetarian. Cozy traditional ambience without being stuffySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service.NotaFoodieDined on 8/9/2014We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of service and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Lunch @ The Hunt RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014Much less crowded then usual. Always a good experience.Special Features:
- The following 206 reviews are from the The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel reviews archive.
- Our Favorite Area Dining ChoiceseniorsDined on 6/30/2014The food is delicious and the service excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantAshleyDined on 6/27/2014This was my first time here and it was definitely worth the drive. Our waitress was very attentive and enthusiastic. Can't wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing (this time)CLG1872Dined on 6/16/2014Waitress was obviously not enjoying her job. One of our guests asked for burger med - medium well, specifically asked that it not be burnt or hard around the edges. It arrived as a burnt offering - inedible! Guest returned the burger and waitress was not at all pleasant about it. To be fair, we often go with a group of 6 - 8 for Sunday brunch and find the staff pleasant and helpful and food is typically very good. This unfortunate day was an aberration, but a huge disappointment as we had business guests with us and they were quite unimpressed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Servers too busy to appropriately see to their customers' needs. Noise level too high for comfortable eating. Croissants not available during meal. Told had to be baked off approximately twenty-five to thirty minutes. Food itself delicious and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodhspinwebDined on 6/14/2014We haven't had a bad meal year yet. We've had the Sunday Brunch buffet several times. There are and endless amount of breakfast foods and carved meats, and desserts. Can't beat the bread pudding for dessert. Dinner had some wonderful prime rib. Great tasteSpecial Features:
- A 3 HOUR VACATIONTheMicroVacationerDined on 6/12/2014If you only have three hours and are in need of a break from reality, come to the Hunt Room at the Desmond. We leave nutriously and artfully fed and SO relaxed! You will be satisfied following a healthy plan or special event splurging. The service is superb. Every patron is treated with the utmost in respect and value. Ask for a table with Jake! Even our conversation was better for the ambiance and care. You don't need to look like royalty, the setting is casually beautiful. Khaki and cotton or suits are treated the same, like an honest-to-goodness-valued being.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReconnectionBillDined on 6/5/2014Had not been to the Hunt Room since I worked in the area a few years ago. Was looking for a special place to take my wife's 93 year old cousin who was part of the Normandy Day invasion. We found it. He enjoyed the atnosphere and the food so much he can't wait to take his 94 year old wife at the first opportunity. They are very fussy. Glad I reconnected. It's back on my first choice list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BluebellerBluebellerVIPDined on 5/31/2014Saturday night dinner. Several group happenings that did not detract from our experience. Staff gracious and attentive. Ambience excellent. Cocktails a bit pricey but good. Mushroom soup superb. Lobster bisque very good. Prime rib with asparagus and baked potato excellent. Rack of lamb very good (1 piece overdone, the rest medium rare), with sides of mashed potato and carrots good. Banana cream pie for dessert atypical: graham cracker crust with vanilla custard, sliced bananas on top and cream on top of that: pie a wedge, cream in a square: odd but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Morning "Nice"oaktrailerDined on 5/25/2014We were here for the Sunday Brunch. Some of the reviews had us slightly uncertain. Our experience was quite good. We were greeted and seated promptly. The food on the buffet was above average. Our server (Collin?) was attentive, but not obtrusive. The dessert table looked great, but we were already full, and had to pass on everything but a taste of the bread pudding with vanilla sauce, which was as good as bread pudding gets. The only less-than-positive comment I might make is the taste of the hollandaise. It seemed super-lemony and overpowering. Other than that, we'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice hotel dining roomKnitsVIPDined on 5/24/2014Pleasantly surprised by the Hunt Room. Three course prix fixe menu ($34) had good choices, regular menu was interesting and service was excellent. Would not hesitate to return if in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDianneDined on 5/21/2014Our food was excellent with the exception of the Apple Crumble for desert. There was only a teaspoon of apples and the rest was oats. The servers were very friendly, professional, and attentive but just a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchCarolynDDined on 5/18/2014We received a certificate to the Desmond for brunch through a charity silent auction, so my husband and I decided to take our mothers there for a belated Mother's Day gift. (I believe the brunch ON Mother's Day is larger, so the certificate was not good for that day, so this review is for their usual Sunday brunch). We were very happy with our experience. The food was excellent with a large selection of options. The salmon lox, which must be ordered from the back kitchen, was a large portion size and very tasty. And the staff was the most attentive I have ever seen at a buffet brunch. My only negative was that it got a little noisy in the room, but other than that, it was all excellent and delicious.Special Features:
- GroupoffriendsDined on 5/18/2014Comfortable room, pretty setting; good food and choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite area restaurantseniorsDined on 5/17/2014Always a pleasure to dine at the Hunt Room. Adore the food and welcome the thoughtful management and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegetarianVIPDined on 5/4/2014Food was fine, nothing out of the ordinary. THere were two noisy groups nearby, people on their way to a Phillies game and a wedding party the morning after. Why is it always hard to find the waiter/waitress when it's time for the check?
- BritVIPDined on 4/26/2014Nice traditional room and good but traditional menu.
- Great Lunch!Till1Dined on 4/24/2014Collin was our server and as usual he provided great service to us (there were 6 in our group). Several of us ordered the buffet and all agreed that it was one of the best we have had. Those that ordered from the menu were equally pleased with the quality of their food. The legendary Bread Pudding was excellent as we had all anticipated. The entire staff was friendly and attentive. It is a great place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal~dshellpsuDined on 4/19/2014We really enjoyed our meal at the Hunt Room. Service was prompt and friendly. Great selections and everything was very good. We would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great family brunchliliDined on 4/13/2014this is becoming our famillies monthly brunch place to go. my parents drive from Trenton, they really enjoy it. The brunch has so many options, including healthy ones, great for vegetarians and meat eater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining at Hunt RoomseniorsDined on 4/8/2014We both enjoyed the well-prepared Salmon dish on the Price Fixe menu selection list. My onion soup was wonderful. His Caesar salad crisp and filling. Side dishes were excellent. We took dessert home in carefully packaged ed containers. We look forward to our next dinner at the Hunt Room. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice upscale placeYuliaDined on 4/5/2014The restaurant is one of six in the Desmond Hotel. On this Saturday afternoon there was almost no one, but in the next hour several people came to dine. Two different steaks were great in size and tasty, the kamb rack was perfect. They also have a kids menu with chicken fingers and fries and burgers and icecream. We liked it. The waitress was VERY nice and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly a great experienceLindaHDined on 3/31/2014I have enjoyed dining at the Desmond for years. The service is wonderful and the staff is so friendly and polite. I have booked many of my company functions at the Desmond and I am never dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchhspinwebDined on 3/16/2014They have a whide variety of food for Sunday brunch. You won't go home hungrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.