The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel
One Liberty Boulevard
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.desmondgv.com/
- Phone: (610) 296-9800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday: 7:00 am - 11:00 am, Sunday: 7:00 am - 8:30 am, Brunch 8:30 am - 2:00 pm. Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00 - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Kessler 6102969800
A word from The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel
Enjoy the best in American Regional Cuisine at The Desmond's Hunt Room. The Hunt Room is the perfect spot when you are in the mood for great steaks and seafood. Our experienced and professional culinary staff take pride in serving the most succulent prime beef, the freshest seafood and a tempting array of delicious salads, sides and desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)great for brunch (15)romantic (15)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (5)great for outdoor dining (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- It was every thing e had hopedROBERTVIPDined on 4/10/2010It was every thing e had hoped for....Very nice....Special Features:
- The food was wonderful! ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2010The food was wonderful! It was a beautiful room that we felt very special to be dining in.Special Features:
- Service was too slow. 6:00OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2010Service was too slow. 6:00 reservation and we finally got the check at 7:55PM.Food was fine but there is no reason for the slow service.
- The only thing better thanSAJ14Dined on 3/21/2010The only thing better than the delicious food served at Sunday Brunch at the Desmond is the experience of the courteous and "sincerely" friendly people who greet you from the minute you walk through the front door until you leave. The eggs benedict and the bread pudding are both an absolute "must!"
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/21/2010Our dining experience was wonderful - there were 4 of us and we were celebrating a birthday. The food was great,atmosphere very pleasant, and the service was very good also. We all had an enjoyable time. One comment was made that there could be more dessert selections.Special Features:
- Our dining experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2010Our dining experience was wonderful the food was delicious!Special Features:
- The food was not quite upOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/27/2010The food was not quite up to what I expected from The Desmond. My pork roast was slightly under done in the center. The presentation was very good. The meal; other than the under done center of pork, was good and well worth the price. My dining partner had no complaints with her meal. The wait staff was very attentive, always ready to take care of our needs.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2010Always a great experience at the Desmond. Excellent food and excellent service!Special Features:
- Had excellent service andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010Had excellent service and good food for the price. Will easily plan to return.Special Features:
- full varied menu, buffet alsoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/20/2010full varied menu, buffet also available at lunchtime, nice surroundings, need attention to temperature on served platters.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.foodlover3VIPDined on 1/2/2010Excellent food and service. Rather cold room temperature on a very cold day . One of the restaurant staff stated that room temperature couldn't be increased .Special Features:
- Great classically preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2009Great classically prepared cuisine with just a touch of modern flare. Wonderful warm atmosphere.Special Features:
- I asked for my steak to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/12/2009I asked for my steak to be medium well and it came out medium or medium rare. I was with friends so I was not prepared to return my food when others had theirs already. I was a bit disappointed.
- We had received a gift certificateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2009We had received a gift certificate to the Desmond for our anniversary. We chose the Hunt Room for its menu - they served prime rib, and that is my husband's favorite. We loved the ambiance of the restaurant, an English hunting club theme. The food was wonderful! My husband said the prime rib was the best he'd ever had. I enjoyed the chicken cordon blue very much, and the snapper soup was delicious. I had strawberry shortcake with homemade biscuits for dessert and my husband had the key lime parfiat - his eyes rolled back in his head when he hit the macaroons that were hidden inside! LOL! The service was good, very friendly weight staff. We really enjoyed our visit and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- My wife ordered Veal thatWildcatDined on 6/10/2009My wife ordered Veal that was so-so. She found it to be tough and not what she expected. My Prime drib was excellent. The service was excellent. Everyone we met was professional, pleasant, and efficient. I was disappointed that a meal that cost over $100 for 2 people was not worth it since the Veal was notvery good.
- Awful food. Overcooked andRoseMarieDined on 6/2/2009Awful food. Overcooked and not very creative. Food very salty.
- We celebrated two birthdaysCelebratorVIPDined on 5/31/2009We celebrated two birthdays at the Hunt Room. The service and food were excellent. Everything was served hot, in a timely manner, and in sufficient quantities. We were surprised by a beautiful, delicious birthday cake in addition to the desserts we ordered. They really made it a special evening.Special Features:
- My whole group had their buffet.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2009My whole group had their buffet. Everything was very good, except for the lamb. It was very fatty. The food is always good at the Hunt Room.Special Features:
- We eagerly anticipated brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2009We eagerly anticipated brunch based on Mainline Today's 2008: Best Brunch award. We were hugely disappointed. There were very few choices compared to other places we've been to for brunch. In particular there were no carving stations at all and no fresh or smoked fish other than a lox spread. The layout for brunch was disorganized. We had to wander around to find plates and then to figure out where the line started. We won't be going back to the Desmond for brunch and advise Mainline Today to reconsider how it awards recognition.
- A classic gem for adults lookingTheredwinerVIPDined on 4/15/2009A classic gem for adults looking for an elegant dining experience. Food, wine, service, ambiance are what you usually only see in the old movies. A place to keep in mind for special occasions.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicefoodlover3VIPDined on 4/4/2009Excellent food and service . Featured red wine was just fair .Special Features:
- We heard from friends thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2009We heard from friends that this was the place to go for brunch. As where the service was very good, the food was fair. Not a big variety at all. No fish (salmon, white fish). We had to ask for plain bagels. There were only 2 raisin and 4 blueberry in the basket the entire time we were there. We have had much better brunch elsewhere.Special Features:
- The Hunt Room at the DesmondOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2009The Hunt Room at the Desmond was a pleasant surprise as it is very close to our home. We were greeted like long time customers, the waitstaff was very attentive and we were made to feel right at home. The food was excellent and the presentation was beautiful. Everyone we came in contact with was doing everything to make us feel like we were the most special diners in the Hunt Room. We will surely return for dinner and for the Sunday brunch. The Hunt Room at the Desmond is now on our dining out agenda. We have recommended the Hunt Room to family and friends and we look forward to a return ourselves.Special Features:
- The restaurant was moderatelyJCinDTVIPDined on 2/20/2009The restaurant was moderately busy. Our server seemed very busy but kept checking back for drinks and updates. We were not in a rush so this met our needs. Recently updated menu was quite varied and provided a number of very interesting choices. Good blend of restaurant standards as well as innovative fare. We had a great time and will be back.Special Features:
- I had a dinner meeting andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2009I had a dinner meeting and found the restaurant relaxing, quite and very enjoyable. The serving staff was on their toes. Great Job !
- All the food was in a roomOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2009All the food was in a room poorly configured for more than a few people. I asked for Eggs Benedict very well done and they were runny. I had requested a chocolate dessert with a birthday candle which they brought after we went to the dessert table because nothing had arrived. We'd never go back.
- The food at brunch was notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2009The food at brunch was not as good overall as I expected from previous visits to the Hunt Room. The desserts, of course, were very good, but the breakfast items were only fair. The croissants were very stale, and the salmon in dill sauce very fishy.
- The Hunt Room was not openOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/1/2009The Hunt Room was not open for dinner, however the "Fox and Hounds" Pub was a pleasant change. We had expected a quiet meal but all was not lost !
- Just an overall great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/5/2008Just an overall great place to have a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- One of the benefits of OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/27/2008One of the benefits of Open Table is finding these gems. This was a totally enjoyable experience from the gregarious hostess, charming waitress, attentive servers and the very comfortable beautiful booth. Definitely a keeper, for the food was as good as the service and both were excellent. We found this place such a delight I don't even want to say more in fear of building up to much expectation in others. Obviously, we loved it.Special Features:
- Good food at reasonable price.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2008Good food at reasonable price. Bottles of wine were value-priced as well.Special Features: