The Hunt Club
Seattle, WA 98104Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hunt Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelsorrento.com/dining/index.cfm
- Phone: (206) 343-6156
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast is served
Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
with a breakfast happy hour from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM
Lunch is served
Monday – Friday 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Dinner is served
Daily 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Happy Hour is served twice daily in the bar
Daily 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM to close
Bar menu available 11:00 AM to close
Afternoon Tea is served Sunday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Reservations recommended.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Dan Gilmore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: As Seattle’s longest-standing boutique hotel, the Sorrento has an original, authentic quality that makes meetings and events beyond the ordinary. Our intimate main-floor rooms are warm, comfortable spaces for small meetings and corporate retreats. Or, host your special occasion in our Penthouse Suite, complete with rooftop deck and a stunning view of the city. From formal and elegant to intimate and cozy, we can accommodate up to 120 guests for a wedding and reception or celebratory dinners all catered by the Hunt Club. Our experienced catering staff is happy to assist with all of your needs.
- Entertainment: The Sorrento Hotel offers entertainment Monday through Sunday. Events include Friday and Saturday music, fireside chats, literary events and art installations. Or, join us for Night School, where we will teach you a lesson on the history of cocktails with a leading bartender, have an intimate conversation with an author or public figure, or invite indie rockers and classically trained musicians into the Fireside Room for an eventful evening.
Search www.hotelsorrento.com for schedule and Sorrento Nights.
A word from The Hunt Club
The Hunt Club Restaurant & Bar located at the iconic Sorrento Hotel is an inviting and romantic place with leather banquettes, dark woods and a fun retro-ambiance. The restaurant’s delicious aromas are sourced from local, natural and seasonal-fresh ingredients culminating in a regional Northwest cuisine expertly prepared by Chef Dan Gilmore. Chef’s menu appeals to all palates including premium cuts, fresh local seafood, Northwest game and poultry. Excellent food served by a knowledgeable and engaging staff makes Hunt Club a top Seattle culinary experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Hunt Club reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (22)romantic (21)great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- DisappointedRonRVIPDined on 12/25/2013We had not dined at the Hunt Club for many years, but I remembered it as plush and romantic with a terrific cuisine and wine list. The romance is gone! The lighting and table placement were poor ( near the buffet). They ran out of food at the buffet; our reservation was at 7:30pm. They put us in the dining area with all the young kids, very noisey. I'm sad to experience the change from my memories. We will try again and pray for a different experience!Special Features:
- A bit disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013I decided to take my son to The Hunt Club for Christmas dinner. Just a mom and son night for a special day. We learned very quickly that if you are not over 60 and dripping in diamonds, service is hard to come by. We arrived 15 minutes early in excitement, only to be reminded that it was not yet our time and was asked to please come back at the appointed time. Upon being seated by the hostess we waited....and waited...and waited for someone to take my drink order. I was a bit embarrassed in front of my child because I had raved about this establishment for so long. After asking the hostess twice, we finally found a server to visit us. He was quite nice, so that saved the evening.Special Features:
- Service was horrible. We hadbonzai366Dined on 12/25/2013Service was horrible. We had a reservation but had to wait almost 30 minutes to be seated. No plates at the buffet. Nobody bussing tables. They were very unorganized and unprepared for the number of diners they had. I was very disappointed.
- Christmas Day buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013The buffet had variety and the quality of the food was good but the presentation was a bit sloppy. Dishes were allowed to diminish to the last spoonful therefore not as hot or cold as they should be. There were no smaller plates for salad/cold items. For $65 I expected this buffet to "sing". It did not! It needed more people constantly attending it through the day. This was lacking. Don't think I'd repeat if a buffet but the atmosphere was lovely.Special Features:
- Christmas Eve DinnerDianeKDined on 12/24/2013This was our first time there. We were not aware when we made the reservations that it was a buffet that night which we were a bit disappointed it but the food was WONDERFUL!! The salmon and especially the veggies were great. Great cheese selection also and the salads were exceptional. We will be going back. I am just going to have to determine how to bribe the chef for some of the recipes!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spot but poor serviceJennyVIPDined on 12/23/2013This is a special place but unfortunately the service was lacking. We sat for 15 minutes before even getting asked for a beverage. We were also elbow to elbow with our neighbors who were nice people but we didn't choose to dine with them... Our waitress would disappear and not come back for long periods of time. I'd stick to the lobby or the bar and avoid the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Hunt ClubAliyahDined on 12/23/2013A small group of us went to Hunt Club for lunch because it's what we've been doing during the holidays for a few years. Over time I personally have stopped going there due to my impression of the quality of the food prep. First it was the breakfasts then the lunches. For this lunch I ordered prime rib sandwich which was way too salty and the server was present in body only. Well we have a whole year to find another holiday spot.
- It's just so darn charming!JriceDined on 12/22/2013I love this place. It's like stepping back in time. The food never disappoints and there's something about being in the wood paneled room that just makes me happy. Their burgers are super awesome.Special Features:
- Holiday Fun, Great and OK FoodSkagitFoodieDined on 12/22/2013In search of festive locale w/excellent food, Hunt Club at lovely Hotel Sorrento sort of fit the bill. Nice Sunday brunch buzz, holiday decor. Our waiter was charming & efficient. Since Chef had worked at Herbfarm, we expected excellent cuisine, but had mixed results. French toast with orange tasted dyamite. Grilled cheese/tomato soup, lobster eggs benedict, farmers sandwich, all fine not exceptional. Wafting beef odors inspired the prime rib/brie sandwich; it arrived an unappetizing mess, flavors not great; horseradish sauce and au jus helped; baguette bland. Bloody Mary was tasty, but some pulp (lemon?) kept blocking my straw. We'll likely return to this charming hotel for ambience and service, but with tempered food expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisedRayBVIPDined on 12/21/2013FOUR OF US WENT FOR DINNER AND STARTED IN THE BAR. GOOD DRINKS AND FRIENDLY BARMEN. wE HAD THE CRAB CAKE FOR A STARTER AND IT WAS VERY GOOD. TWO OF US HAD THE KING SALMON WHICH WAS SERVED IN A BROTH. IT MADE FOR A WET AND SOUPY SALMON RATHER THAN A DRYER FILET . THE SALMON ITSELF WAS QUITE NICE BUT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER WITHOUT ALL THAT BROTH. THE OTHER TWO HAD THE RACK OF LAMB. IT WAS DRY AND EXTREMELY TOUGH. I HAVE NEVER TASTED A RACK OR EVEN LAMB CHOPS THAT WERE SO CHEWY. IT WAS SURPRISING AS WE HAVE DINED THER SEVERAL TIMES AND ALWAYS HAD AN EXCELLENT MEAL. IT IS A PRICEY PLACE WHICH I DON'T MIND IF THE FOOD IS GREAT.Special Features:
- lots of charm2birthdaydineDined on 12/19/2013Really good food in a cozy, lots of beautiful wood paneling, elegant traditional setting. Wait staff was excellent, always there when wanted but not intrusive. Overall a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Messed up my reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/14/2013I had made a reservation to celebrate a birthday. Even though I had made a reservation weeks in advance, they tried to seat us in the bar. I asked to be seated in the restaurant and they did but it took them an hour to do so. The staff was very nice, and did what they could to rectify the error, but I was not very happy about the experience, particularly because it was a special occasion.
- Brunchotisbuddy2004Dined on 12/14/2013Outstanding service and Bloody Mary. The ham and cheese omelet was also very good. I was a little disappointed in the potatoes, which were somewhat bland - no hint of thyme as advertised in the menu. Overall, a wonderful brunch spot. Quiet (emphasis on quiet, which is a very good thing), with outstanding ambiance and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacechinamomDined on 12/10/2013Took a client to lunch here. Perfect place for a business meal. Quiet enough to talk and had lovely decor. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot. Easy ingirvingDined on 12/9/2013Great lunch spot. Easy in and out. Staff was incredibly helpful and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, quiet, deliciousDelightedDined on 12/8/2013A very good restaurant for 2 to 4 people who want good food and a chance to chat. Diners can hear one another; the restaurant is lovely; and the food is familiar but extremely well prepared.Special Features:
- Romantic Christmas AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2013It was our first time eating dinner @ the Hunt Club & my husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. I have a gluten allergy & our waiter was very helpful recommending options on the menu that would work for me. We loved the clams as an appetizer, the pumpkin soup was fabulous as was the herb stuffed chicken breast w-roasted cauliflower. The decor was particularly festive during the holidays w/beautiful garlands wrapped in twinkle lights draping the windows. We would definitely dine there again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving BrunchamandalocastaDined on 11/28/2013Sorry Hunt Club, but this review is mainly based on the wonderful atmosphere and not the food. Our thanksgiving buffet came down to eating here only because our usual place was busy at the time we wanted to go, so we had to choose another place. Being that there are not many places that serve dinner buffet style on Thanksgiving night, we chose this one. The food was fine, but not spectacular. The dining rooms are quite gorgeous though so I would recommend this establishment based only on that. If you want to go to a luxurious, old world charm with a modern touch, type place, this is it! It's beautiful and rich and classy. Go there for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutJBandKPDined on 11/23/2013When walking from downtown Seattle, you pay your dues to get to the Hunt Club. It's 9 blocks up a steep hill. But it's well worth it in terms of ambiance, service, and most importantly, quality of food. The Hunt Club is in an old, aristocratic hotel, the Sorrento, and the place just drips with class. Lots of polished wood and period accoutrement cause the visitor to feel comfortable upon entering. The menu is not overly complicated, featuring innovative courses as well as expected fare. The wine list is not overly complex or too expensive, either, but rather is fairly well suited to the menu. The service was friendly, informed, and not intrusive. All in all, the Hunt Club will provide you with a good evening out. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as expected.hadgtimeDined on 11/20/2013To begin with, the promised "Valet Parking" free with dining in the Hunt Club was not available because the hotel "was filled and we have a small garage." Then when we (2 vegetarians in a group of 3) were shown the printed menu that included the Dine Out In Seattle, $30 for a 3 course meal, it was NOT was promised on the Hunt Club's web site... there was no vegetarian entrée!!!! Luckily (for him) the waiter said that he'd allow us to have the website promised vegetarian entrée... a carrot ravoli. This got the meal off to a rocky start. Then when the tasteless beets and some sort of cheese (tasteless also) arrived as our first course, Grrrr! The carrot ravoli was also bland. The dessert was good. All in all, the kitchen failed.
- Classic and traditionalfrequentluncherVIPDined on 11/20/2013A classic and traditional restaurant with cozy ambience and great food. The holiday decorations this time of year are especially nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Place.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2013We had not been to the Hunt Club for several years. We were pleased that it is as good as it always has been. Thanks !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World EleganceJACCDined on 11/16/2013The Hunt Club has the ambiance of an old English manor house, created with dark woods and brick. Located in the Sorrento Hotel, it's a good place to enjoy a cozy meal on one of Seattle's dark, rainy days. The atmosphere is peaceful and unhurried; the service excellent. (There is no view or outside dining.) The dinner menu is quite varied and includes small plates, a five course fixed price meal with choices for each course at $30 and some quite expensive special entrees. If you still have any room, the desserts are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchDianeDined on 11/13/2013We use the Hunt Club for business lunches, and it is a perfect location. The service and ambience are terrific, and the valet parking makes it very easy to get into and out of the restaurant with a minimum of fuss. If one frequents the restaurant on a regular basis, it would be nice to have a few more choices from the menu, especially for those who prefer lighter foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2013The food and service was excellent! Decor is beautiful.Special Features:
- A good placeVissidarteVIPDined on 11/6/2013to have a quiet luncheon. Restaurant Week's offerings were very attractive, and we enjoyed a good selection of dishes. The service was reliable and attentive with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine EffortDaveJanDined on 11/2/2013Hadn't been to the Hunt Club in quite a while. Better than average calamari and salad. Ordered two salmon dinners: my wife's was the best we've had this year, mine was better than average (slightly overcooked for medium rare). Sauce for salmon unusual and complement salmon superbly. Horseradish mashed potatoes a pleasant surprise. Asparagus well-prepared and overpriced. Lovely ambience, especially for a hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Brunch/BreakfastLadyYDined on 11/2/2013The food was excellent! Took a group of girlfriends from Canada to brunch; They Loved It! It was my first visit; the Sorrento made me look good! I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really just an overall greatmcerenziaDined on 11/1/2013really just an overall great evening. the staff was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fish, sans chipsHoneyBunnyDined on 10/29/2013I liked the beer battered halibut and the tartar sauce. The fries on the other hand were so over cooked and crisp that they tasted burnt. Please stop overcooking the fries. Over all the service was great. The waitress put our order in immediately as my party had to get back to work soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go EARLY and reserve Prime Rib!MrldCtyGrlDined on 10/26/2013Seriously EARLY. Our reservation was for 5pm (opening) and by 6, they were out of prime rib, which was the most delicious I've ever tasted. Bar none. Hands down. And I'm a chef. The lemon curd trifle was absolutely HEAVEN. Just marvelous, and the coffee was lovely and rich and full-bodied flavor as well. Our server was very attentive, and the whole experience was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy LoungeFrequentDinerVIPDined on 10/24/2013We were a few minutes late due to traffic from East Madison. Called ahead so they would not give away our table. They said the would not but did anyway. Got seated in the lounge which turned our to be more relaxing and enjoyable. Food was all good. Service by one efficient lady was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just excellentDougDined on 10/16/2013Just excellent. Lamb chops and the sirloin were near perfect. Appetizers and desert were very good. Nice wine selection. A restaurant I would definitely recommend. Did I mention validated valet parking? Can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hunt no furtherLuv2EatDined on 10/16/2013Not for small budgets or everyday dining, the Hunt Club is a lovely special occasion place. We took advantage of the $28 special menu - food was excellent (although one gets the idea that they're skimping on portions when compared to full-menu service). Even so the evening meal with two non-alcoholic drinks and two coffees in addition to the three-course meals was over $90. Host was pleasant and the waiter was superb. The setting is beautiful. I hadn't been there since the 90s and the nice thing is it hasn't changed much at all! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely working lunchkateDined on 10/16/2013good food, lovely and fast service within easy walking distance to hospital areas. The creme brule and lavendar cookie were worth going light to enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tranquil treatSchwar11Dined on 10/15/2013The Hunt Club is a charming gem, a relaxing oasis away from stress. Their lunch menu offers a stunning selection and admirable variety with quick an efficient service. The dine-and-dash menu is a very good deal; the crab cake and lamb burger are both perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemWineanddinemeVIPDined on 10/10/2013Great atmosphere ,amazing good , and fantastic service. What more would you need from a great restaurant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsCassiecatVIPDined on 9/27/2013Three of us eat out at least once a month, and the difficulty is finding somewhere we can linger over lunch, talking, quiet enough that we can hear each other, and with a good variety of foods. The Hunt Club fits the bill.Special Features:
- Hunt Club Still shinesbobwseattleVIPDined on 9/23/2013The Hunt Club has a new menu, one beer on tap now (Stella) and the same wonderful ambience and service. You can get a fine meal much more affordably and if you are up for a splurge that option is still there for you.Special Features:
- harvestcarrotheadDined on 9/23/2013We went for a special occasion (and my first time eating dinner there), expecting to be blown away after this place had so many folks talking about it. I was not overly impressed by anything except the sevice/staff. Perhaps it has had its 'day'. It was overpriced for the product served...and I have eaten in many high quality restaurants...I expected more from the Sorrento. I am not opposed to spending hard earned money on eating out either.Special Features: