The Hunt Club
Seattle, WA 98104Neighborhood:
Capitol Hill / First Hill
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hunt Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelsorrento.com/dining/index.cfm
- Phone: 2063436156
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast is served
Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
with a breakfast happy hour from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM
Lunch is served
Monday – Friday 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Dinner is served
Daily 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Happy Hour is served twice daily in the bar
Daily 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM and 10:00 PM to close
Bar menu available 11:00 AM to close
Afternoon Tea is served Sunday from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. Reservations recommended.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Dan Gilmore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: As Seattle’s longest-standing boutique hotel, the Sorrento has an original, authentic quality that makes meetings and events beyond the ordinary. Our intimate main-floor rooms are warm, comfortable spaces for small meetings and corporate retreats. Or, host your special occasion in our Penthouse Suite, complete with rooftop deck and a stunning view of the city. From formal and elegant to intimate and cozy, we can accommodate up to 120 guests for a wedding and reception or celebratory dinners all catered by the Hunt Club. Our experienced catering staff is happy to assist with all of your needs.
- Entertainment: The Sorrento Hotel offers entertainment Monday through Sunday. Events include Friday and Saturday music, fireside chats, literary events and art installations. Or, join us for Night School, where we will teach you a lesson on the history of cocktails with a leading bartender, have an intimate conversation with an author or public figure, or invite indie rockers and classically trained musicians into the Fireside Room for an eventful evening.
Search www.hotelsorrento.com for schedule and Sorrento Nights.
A word from The Hunt Club
The Hunt Club Restaurant & Bar located at the iconic Sorrento Hotel is an inviting and romantic place with leather banquettes, dark woods and a fun retro-ambiance. The restaurant’s delicious aromas are sourced from local, natural and seasonal-fresh ingredients culminating in a regional Northwest cuisine expertly prepared by Chef Dan Gilmore. Chef’s menu appeals to all palates including premium cuts, fresh local seafood, Northwest game and poultry. Excellent food served by a knowledgeable and engaging staff makes Hunt Club a top Seattle culinary experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Hunt Club reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)romantic (17)special occasion (16)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (14)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (6)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- LoveLifeVIPDined on 10/15/2014We enjoyed a delicious breakfast and will indulge again when we are back in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinnerrulueatsDined on 10/10/2014we went for our anniversary and were not disappointed at all. the waiter (Rafael) was exceptional and attentive. the food was delicious and not overpriced. the cocktails were superb. the room was romantic and comfortable.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/23/2014On our most recent trip to the Hunt Club we were disappointed. For the price we expected better food…the sirloin was over cooked and the accompanying potato gratin was undercooked and crunchy. The ahi entree was good but not great. In their defense we did not give them an opportunity to rectify the problem as we were hurried that evening. At these prices we expect more perfection. Service was attentive however.
- Classic 19th Century AmbianceRichardDined on 9/20/2014The Hunt Club harkens back to an era of fine hotel dining rooms at the turn of the 19th Century. Heavy wood paneling, quiet conversation, heavy tableware. And the food is very good, too, and moderately priced. We (four of use) all had the $30, three course dinner. Well prepared, professionally served, and properly paced. Great place to eat before an event at Town Hall or ACT Theatre.Special Features:
- Great foodLiveToEatDined on 9/20/2014The Belgian waffle I ordered from the Hunt Club, served with mixed berries, butter, and real maple syrup, did not disappoint. Served piping hot and crispy around the edges, the butter melted in perfectly. My husband ordered a breakfast hash--tender, thin slices of prime rib with smashed red new potatoes, and topped with 2 crispy fried eggs. It was delicious! The bacon was cooked to perfection. We also tried a freshly-squeezed juice blend with cayenne, watermelon, and a few other ingreds. Loved it. If I had my druthers, I would open the place to more light, but that certainly wouldn't keep me from going again. In fact, I might stay at the Sorrento in the future, just to have easy access to the Hunt Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfastJaneDined on 9/6/2014We had the best breakfast we have ever had. The French toast and smoked salmon benedict were divine. Dee the server is superb. Very quietSpecial Features:
- Mr. Dan StearnschoicediningDined on 8/24/2014Have visited the Hunt Club many times over the years. The Hunt Club has always stayed on the edge of great cuisine and the ambiance remains stellar. Public parking across the street or they do valet.Special Features:
- Romantic and relaxingPuraVidaVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I had lunch at the Hunt Club, after spending some time visiting my mother at VM. The food was excellent -- my wife had a turkey sandwich, and I had the grilled cheese w/ tomato soup. Both well prepared and were delicious. Service was prompt, attentive, and friendly. We enjoyed it so much, we'll definitely be back to try other menu items, and would like to try dinner, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good jazz bandsuziDined on 8/16/2014Too bad our table was outside, where we thought they would be, and not inside, where they were! Food not as stellar as I remembered.Special Features:
- Old WorldDarinSDined on 8/14/2014A nice choice for an old school fine dining experience. The room is dark and somewhat dated but I think that's part of the appeal. The dishes have a German slant to them, which was great by me. Gluten free options are clearly marked on the menu and the staff showed special concern in that regard. I had the pork loin, my companion had the chicken roulade. Both excellent dishes and well prepared. The cheese plate was a bargain at $20 for six cheeses with great sized portions of the offerings. Recommend for a quiet somewhat upscale dinner at a great price.Special Features:
- No serviceHoneyBunnyDined on 8/7/2014The food was awesome, as usual, but we had no waiter. The hostess did everything and we were the only ones in the entire restaurant. We were ignored for the whole meal and had to track her down to get things. Once we were ready to pay and asked for a split bill, it took 10 minutes to get it done. Where was the staff?Special Features:
- lovely lunchlovesgarlicDined on 8/6/2014lovely setting, outdoor seating, gracious waitstaff, and delicious fare.All that plus the virginia mason employee discount and it's my favorite place to bring friends for a special lunch.Special Features:
- cleanDined on 8/3/2014The squid appetizer was good. The rest of the meal was just okay.Special Features:
- The Hunt Club never disappoints.RaredinerDined on 7/31/2014The. Hunt Club offers seasonally varying menu selections with good variety to appeal to many palates. Everything, from appetizers to desserts, is prepared with great attention to detail, flavor, and presentation. It is always a treat when I get to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service and not very good foodnotagainDined on 7/16/2014This has always been our "go to" romantic spot. Maybe we just hit a bad night but it was very disappointing. Poor service and the food was not up to the Hunt Club standards that we remember. The pork was over cooked and extremely salty and someone was heavy handed with the cayenne pepper. It was too hot to eat unless you like highly spiced food, which I don't. I would not recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014Service was poor - we had reservations for 9:30a.m. and when we finally received our coffee it was very week and we sent it back. On several occasions we had to get up and request service
- great out of the way downtown spotfranwDined on 7/11/2014went for a business lunch and it was a perfect quiet spot with a great menu, INCREDIBLE service from the car valet out front to the hostess and our waitress. all were so open and personable and helpful. decor was luxe inside. nice dark, rich wood and colors. food was also delicious. just a few blocks away from all the mainstream downtown restaurants. this is worth the trip. made me feel i was on vacation somewhere else other than seattle. thanks, hunt club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at the SorrentoGranmimiDined on 7/10/2014It's a wonderful and historic old hotel. Sitting outside in sunny weather is lovely though Madison St is very noisy -- emergency vehicles and traffic in general. The staff was attentive and gracious. The food was good, not 4-star, but good.Special Features:
- The following 598 reviews are from the The Hunt Club reviews archive.
- Cozy and warm diningFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/10/2014Each time dining ar the Hunt Club we satisfy our palate but also leave with a cozy and warm feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the Hunt Club I rememberCowgirl101Dined on 6/5/2014It has been many years and I know the Hunt Club changed, but it went from being someplace really intimate and special to being just another nice and relatively reasonably priced place to dine. It was okay, not outstanding. The service was okay, not outstanding. It won't be high on my priority list, but remembered as a decent experience.
- Very pleasantmd64Dined on 5/31/2014My companion and I were very late due to traffic but the hostess greeted us warmly and seated us with pleasure. Our time was limited because of another engagement. Our waitperson was very accommodating and helped us keep on time. I would like to return and have a nice, relaxed dinner sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great working lunchSMDJHDined on 5/27/2014The Hunt Club offers a varied menu, wonderful food and service, and staff that understands how to work around guests who are working while enjoying lunch. Beautiful ambience and moderate noise level. Also a delightful spot for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchbirthdaypartyDined on 5/11/2014It was nice but i have been to better for less but the ambiance was old world charmingSpecial Features:
- Lame HostessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014We arrived at our reservation time, dressed in suit and my wife in a lovely dress as well as daughter! my wife had been dying to dine here as she loves Historical Architecture! The entire room was empty except for two tables and she seats us on the pass thru aisle right in front of the kitchen door and hostess stand.It was noisy,we could hear the wait staff gossiping in front of the kitchen doors, we were brushed against cold air every tiime the door opened!The food was delicious the servers excellent, the hostess was horrible. We were so uncomfortable that we had eaten paid and were in our car within 45 minutes Oh and by the way the same tables that were empty when we arrives by the fireplace, cozy window were still empty when we left!!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The dinner menu was excellent, especially the Ahi Tuna. Our waiter, Rafael, was wonderful.Special Features:
- Consistently goodfrequentluncherDined on 5/6/2014Always enjoy lunch at the Hunt Club. The grilled shrimp salad with arugula was really tasty and their "dine & dash" menu is always a good choice. Service excellent, as always.Special Features:
- Terrific Seattle Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/4/2014The Hunt Club in the old Sorrento Hotel is a great place for fine dining. The menu was wonderful - I had the chicken roulade and my wife had the trout. Both were delicious and well prepared. The wine list included a very nice Gruner Veltliner that perfectly complimented the fish and chicken.The ambience is the real star. Sorrento is an old time Seattle hotel, with the look and feel of the early 1900's. Lots of marble and dark wood. Go for a getaway as a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jdeeVIPDined on 4/23/2014This seems a restaurant that provides a certain kind of experience and does it very well. It is a dark, quiet, clubby atmosphere, a place where you can hold a conversation with your dining partner. Service was attentive and prompt at lunch. The food is on the pricey side, but for that you get quality ingredients and obvious attention to detail in putting the dishes together. The crisp bacon on the salmon BLT may have been the best restaurant bacon of my experience, for example.Special Features:
- SeattleMaisieDined on 4/17/2014Five of us went for lunch. We asked for and received a quiet table. The dining room is warm with wood paneling. The restaurant is within a historic hotel with beautiful public rooms. Service was outstanding, and so was the food. Don't miss the tomato soup. Prices were very reasonable and valet parking is free. The latter is a real plus in this busy neighborhood.Special Features:
- Hunt Club was a great experience!DJTannerDined on 4/13/2014We had a great dinner here. It was quiet and the good was terrific. The organic green salad with shaved fennel was so good! Will definitely return next time I'm in Seattle. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahLaurenVIPDined on 4/9/2014Really poor performance-- especially when I think back to the restaurant's early days when the food was superb. We had the 3 for 30. I think the entree was described as 'rack of lamb' when in fact it was two thin, tough chops served on a bed of tasteless lentils. I wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend it.
- WonderfulPennyDined on 4/9/2014I have always wanted to go to the Sorrento Hotel. My parents enjoyed visiting on special occasions and it has lots of history. I am so glad I had the opportunity to enjoy a luncheon on a very special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing this timemkers10VIPDined on 4/6/2014We have eaten here in the past and enjoyed high quality food so we signed up to go during Seattle Restaurant Week. Even at $28 per person for the three courses, we felt taken. The food was uninspired with little developed flavor and the portions were tiny. The dessert (cherry crumble) was like a joke.
- A very special timeJudyVIPDined on 4/6/2014We go to lots of restaurants as a symphony attending group, and we so appreciate a good experience for dinner. The restaurant was so comfortable, quiet enough to talk with everyone and enjoy not only very good food but wonderful service. What more do you need to have a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerBobbakhDined on 4/6/20142 adults 2 kids, enjoyed the food and the service was great, just a little stogy. But the food was amazing,Special Features:
- Small place - BIG ReputationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2014Arrive during happy hour & have cocktails & appetizer in the comfy, circular lounge. Dining room, like the lounge, has the coffered, dark wood ceiling, though small, but cozy. We both had the very good beet salad. Lamb was done perfectly, my wife liked the shrimp. Service was was good, attentive, but not intrusive. Bar area seemed of ample size. Great spot for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Fast, friendly service, tasty food, good beverage list. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Birthday lunch for Swedish employeeBDeelsDined on 3/26/2014Tasty food and pleasant atmosphere. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy, quiet lunch with great foodDeeVDined on 3/26/2014Traveled from Redmond to enjoy the historic Sorrento with friends. Atmosphere is elegant but well kept with splashes of modern. The food as usual was excellent with great variety for all tastes. We will come back and recommend the Hunt Club to everyone.Special Features:
- ExceptionalFalconDined on 3/22/2014Great historic classic restaurant, director Nick was fabulous and graciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.