The Houston Club
910 Louisiana St
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Houston Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.houstonclub.com/
- Phone: 7132253257
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Houston Club
A restaurant located in the Houston Club.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Houston Club reviews from OpenTable diners
- WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!DinesoutalotVIPDined on 6/14/2014Did not honor Open Table reservations. Upon arrival we were told that only club members were being seated. I told them of the confirmation I received. The receptionist said that she had called to cancel. My phone showed that they called one hour before our reservation time. I advised I had not seen the call as I was in church at that time with the phone shut off besides which one hour was not a reasonable time to give such notice. The receptionist called the manager who babbled pretentiously and rudely with the end message being that they were only serving members. There was no apology or suggestion to visit another time just a sarcastic wish for us to "have a great day." Makes one wonder who would want to be a member of such a place.
- Dining Highavatar01Dined on 5/30/20142 Blocks from Hobby Center, had dinner before a show in the Magnolia Room with a great panoramic view of north and west Houston from the 49th floor (center bank of elevators to 48, switch to 2nd elevator to reach the club on 49). Allocate adequate time to savor your meal. Reasonable prices for high quality food. Didn't try the wines this time, but selection looked good. 20% gratuity was included automatically on our bill (for 2 people). OpenTable reservation did not get logged in their reservation system, but they had plenty of tables available (that night...) Apparently, there's a 3 visit maximum for non-members, so choose your occasions carefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of the cityofficebrunchDined on 5/30/2014We loved our dinner experience at The Houston Club. The views were amazing, the staff was very attentive, and the variety of dishes our party tried were all winners. My one negative note...We booked our table through Open Table which had a caveat stating diners that were non-members could only visit this restaurant 3 times. As this was our first visit, we felt like it should not be a problem. Upon arriving however, the host was visibly agitated when we said we were not members. He even asked how we had made the reservation. Other than this unprofessional start, we had a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/26/2014A lovely evening n a beautiful place. Delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Saturday NightbushDined on 3/29/2014We dined at the Houston Club prior to the Symphony on a Saturday night. It was wonderful. A fantastic view, great service and a very quiet atmosphere with very friendly personnel. We are considering joining just for the pre-event use in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeStephenDined on 2/22/2014Dinner and a show is made even better when dinner is served 49 floors above Houston. What a view! The food was superb and the wait staff excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a spectacular restaraunt,BondVIPDined on 2/21/2014Truly a spectacular restaraunt, the service and food goes beyond expectations, and the view is amazing......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early dinner before OperaMMF3759VIPDined on 2/1/2014We had a lovely dinner before the Opera. It was VERY QUIET and they couldn't figure out the music system so it was a bit hard to speak unless you wanted the whole room to hear you! The food was good and the portions were nice sized. Due to time I had only the soup (sweet potato) and the Wedge Salad (pretty tiny portion but tasty). The cheese plate appetizer was very good. My jhusband had the duck and he enjoyed it. Service was good but they were just getting to know the place you could tell. We will try it again as the view is great and it is close to the theatre districtSpecial Features:
- The private Houston Club hasOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/16/2014The private Houston Club has recently allowed OpenTable members access to dinner reservations in its new Magnolia dining room and we decided to check it out recently [it's open Wed thru Sat]. The view to the north and west from the 49th floor room is spectacular. One of us had the wedge salad while the other chose the shrimp remoulade for our starters. There were 4 nice sized shrimp in sauce served with a mixed green and corn salad in a well composed plate. For our entrees, we went with the scallops and the fish of the day, which on our evening was sea bass. Both were well prepared though the scallops didn't come with much else. The wine list is heavily tilted to reds [4:1] and can get a little pricey. Would be a good pre-theater spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.