The House Brasserie
6936 E Main St
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The House Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thehousearizona.com/
- Phone: 4806341600
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Carter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Goldwater Dr.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a private parking lot in the front of our, restaurant with access from Main St.but space is extremely limited. Additional street parking is available on Main street. Please be aware of surrounding lot's restrictions.
A word from The House Brasserie
The House Brasserie evokes a bygone era, a time when service and hospitality mattered most in the dining experience. Tucked away in a shaded corner Old Town Scottsdale, The House is also a place of culinary artistry. Chef Matt Carter combines worldly flavors and techniques to create an elegant and cozy menu with homespun style. Set beautifully in the Scottsdale's second-oldest home, The House is a vintage chic space where you can expect nothing but highest quality food, hand-pressed cocktails and eclectic wine & beer lists. Come join us at our House.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The House Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (29)special occasion (27)notable wine list (13)hot spot (11)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great outdoor diningAntonVIPDined on 10/14/2014You don't have a lot of fun outdoor dining options in Scottsdale. 9 out of 10 times you end up staring at a parking lot. This restaurant has a beautiful outdoor setting that makes you feel you are in the romantic backyard of a quaint neighborhood. Between Oct and May this is a great outdoor dining spot in AZ. The indoor restaurant is really nice and cozy as well, so it's a good spot year round. The food is inventive and high quality. Service was terrific! Highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Not greatalp1VIPDined on 9/28/2014Our food- salmon and filet was over salted. Appetizers of salad and foie gras were good. Might come back for a casual lunch but not dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steveDined on 9/27/2014This nice little restaurant is right in the middle of downtown Scottsdale and was busy when we got there on saturday evening. Parking is on the street and hard to come by. We went there during restaurant week and the food was very good. The appetizer, pork belly and simple salad, are tasty. The entrees are to die for. The seared scallops and veal chops are a bit small but exquisite. The dessert, chocolate mousse and mochi are excellent. In all, the experience at this restaurant was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Awesome As I'd Hoped!MagsDined on 9/26/2014I had heard tons of things about The House and was so excited to finally try the food-- during Arizona Restaurant week, no less. The service was as awesome as the food and the ambience is exactly the amount of character and class as I would've imagined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent dining experienceLexieTDDined on 9/26/2014Dined at House three times, within the past 10 months. On 9/26 we unpleasantly surprised by the changes. My initial comment to our wait person was that the menu had changed. Her response was that "we are trying to be more like Zinc Bistro". Wrong answer! Separate drink menu no longer presented and now included on a laminated menu, only missing photos of the starters or entrees a la Denny's. I would not have ordered either the ahi tuna app or the duck meatballs with foie gras if pictured. Portions were beyond small. The vacant tables at prime time during restaurant weekend belied the fact that the wait person indicated that Matt Carter spends little time here. Salads over dressed, entrees barely memorable. Dessert skipped & boring.
- lovely eveningyayaDined on 9/25/2014Two friends and I were thrilled with our evening at the House Brasserie...great everything! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful RestaurantPAFan99Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here and loved it. The food was excellent and so was the service. We look forward to coming again. Both of us had the steak filet - and it was probably the best steak either of us has ever had. Next time I come in I'm looking forward to trying their Streak Tartare :-)Special Features:
- Return trip, not a charmexServerNowFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014After making reservations, when we arrived they trIed to seat us outside, mind you it was over 100 degrees. It was a romantic dinner for two & we ended up in the bar at a pub table with the staff trying to act as if this was a normal 2 top. With no place settings, the bar TV blasting the baseball game, and people talking loudly (after all it was a bar). While the server was nice, she didn't even attempt to try to make up for the atmosphere. We asked for a bread basket (food was taking forever) the bread came loaded with butter (so we didn't eat it, 2 more pieces came on my hubby's plate also loaded with butter) & when the bill arrived she charged us $4 for it. No 'deal' for restaurant week either, we ordered off the regular menu.
- Female bindind spotLocalfoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014Strangely enough we selected this restaurant for its comfortable seating. My 9 mo pregnant friend need a cushy chair. This my third visit here and knew it would have good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- herbodocVIPDined on 8/30/2014avery charming early Scottsdale restoration.Very enthusiastic servers. We felt that it was quite pricey...$36 for a pice of grilled salmon is a bit excessive but probably in line with Carters other highly priced venues and some of the other trendy places in Scottsdale.I had a gift for dinner so it wasn't too painful, however I doubt if I would go back on my own tab!Special Features:
- Not worth the cost.ChuzifoodVIPDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was practically empty when we arrived, so having the waitress seat us next to the back door was a bad sign from the start. Upon requesting an alternative table, we were placed within inches of one of the 3 couples already seated. I asked the hostess if it was necessary to sit on top of other people while the restaurant was empty. "Would you like to return to the original table?" she asked. No. The food had issues, also. The pork belly was over cooked and rubbery. $26 for some noodles with the faint hint of lamb is not my idea of fine dining. All in all, the meal lacked depth, balance, and modesty. The manager was very quick to expound on the virtues of their chef, but the fact of the matter is we cook better food at home.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Hidden gem, we had an outstanding experience. Food was superb and service was excellent. Sitting outside was the best.Special Features:
- best meal so far in 2014CMF123VIPDined on 8/21/2014Used yelp to find a business dinner restaurant and found this awesome place. My business colleague booked a dinner with his wife before we left our dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Special OccasionfoodnfriendsDined on 8/18/2014We celebrated in style with great food and ambiance. We couldn't have felt more welcome there.Special Features:
- Impeccable Service, Great FoodPhoenixRisingVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our server, Lindsay, kicked off our wonderful experience at the House Brasserie. She not only knew the menu, but she was able to provide details that made you aware that she not only knows the menu but has tried probably everything as well. The food and drinks were great, and the highlights were definitely the broccoli (A recommendation from Lindsay), and also the side of corn that came with the beef filet that i ordered. A nice touch were the additional samples prepared by the Chef that made it to our table to help provide a personal touch. Definitely a place to bring someone on a special occasion or when you're just feeling like treating yourself. Try to go when it's cooler to get a seat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed it...tkazDined on 8/16/2014I left this place missing something without knowing what it was. The place is adorable & would be great to sit outside when the weather is cooler. The outside is unassuming, the inside is rockstar cool. Everyone wears black - I wore black - I was scared someone might mistake me for waitstaff. They sat us near children (what??), children who were on iPads the whole time. I left my kids home and no one brings an iPad to a nice dinner out! Ok, back to the food. Our waitress recommended a great wine but could not articulate why. The food was actually very nicely prepared and very tasty but again....we were left wanting. And I don't know what it is so I'm going with ambiance. The din was a little hard to take. Dessert -WOW! It was WONDERFUL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/4/2014I have been to House Brasserie three times and each visit has been an absolute treat. The menu is interesting and the food is always delicious and beautifully presented. The hardest part is deciding which wonderful thing to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern brasserie (heavy food)Joe3Dined on 7/28/2014Modern American food mixed with French classics: very tasty, but very very heavy. Everything is made with cream, bacon, butter, foie gras, etc. etc. Cocktail was superb; wine list is very good, also by the glass. Service is technically correct, but very overbearing ("This is so delicious/the cook is absolutely amazing/that is my favorite dish in the world") and more lines like that: shouldn't the patrons be the judges of that? The room is very beautifully done; so recommended, but do not count the calories or go onto the scales the next day...Special Features:
- Terrible foodGigiDined on 7/18/2014Waste of money terrible terrible food dry salty also took 45 minutes for the entree. Will not go back or recommend this place.
- service issuesMissitVIPDined on 6/29/2014Our service was far more pretentious than she needed to be. It's one thing to carry yourself with class and another to be outright rude. This is the second time in a row I have been here with a bad experience. Funny part, manager said come back and "I'll take care of you" and I told him... I don't care.. just want to enjoy your food and have a good time. Sorry guys. Strike two. She should NOT be a server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 80 reviews are from the The House Brasserie reviews archive.
- What a great find!threedogkitchenVIPDined on 6/21/2014We took a towncar from the airport to Hotel Valley Ho and our driver was full of great tips. He told us about House Brasserie and I'm so glad he did. We had some of the most fabulous bites and it may have been one of the best meals during our stay in Scottsdale. It's just a block away from the hotel with a gorgeous outdoor patio. We had pork belly and watermelon bites, this perfect crostini with ricotta and radishes, delicious grits, and a fried chicken dish that we gobbled down. I would go back to Scottsdale just to revisit them, and maybe some of their sister restaurants.Special Features:
- SplendidfooddivaDined on 6/14/2014Lovely atmosphere. Though the menu is small, the food was suburb. The scallops were cooked just write and the dessert was scrumptious.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4KellyCrewDined on 6/14/2014We opted to eat outside on June 14th and it was very pleasant due to the large chillers that are set up during the summer months. Our server was fantastic and navigated us with ease through the menu that was in the midst of a change. We ordered the ricotta with roasted radishes to start which was great. The salads I've sampled are fine, but don't leave me wanting to order them again. The scallops, jidori chicken, and salmon for entrees were good and enjoyed by all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ElaineVIPDined on 6/13/2014This was our first time here. The server was AMAZING! She explained the menu in detail, she helped with choices and all her help was spot on! The food was very good, and we will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Great FoodazvisitorDined on 6/11/2014Had the Braised Lamb Ragout, so good! Staff very good and helpful. "Background" music a little loud but I definitely recommend. Beautiful facility inside and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceDavidB1VIPDined on 6/7/2014This is our second time dining here, and we really enjoyed it. A bit pricey, but nice for special occasions. Would like to see a misting system for the patio.Special Features:
- Great foodLadyluncherDined on 6/5/2014Menu was creative, dishes well presented and tasty. Music was too loud and not to my taste. Service could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2014This restaurant is great. Had the black kale salad and added salmon. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Enjoyed sitting on the patio for dinner. The food was delicious and the service was great. A great menu for trying different foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The House is a gem!!KingLeoVIPDined on 5/21/2014Great ownership, plus great management, plus great service, plus a great chef, a great place and great food = a consistently fantastic dining experience. We love this place and keep coming back.Special Features:
- Good, but not memorableDavidVIPDined on 5/21/2014We went for restaurant week, which is kind of pricy at $40.00 per person for a 3 course meal. Also, the restaurant week portions are smaller than the same item on the menu. I had the pork, which was nothing special. My wife had the salmon, which was good, but not great. The best item was probably the chicken terrine. The pistachio ice cream was also very good, but I do not know if it was made in house. Would I go back here? Probably not with so many other great restaurant choices.Special Features:
- Awesome food and serviceHungrynursDined on 5/16/2014Delectable dining and excellent service made for an amazing night at the House. Chef Matt Carter is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2014Nice locals dining option with creative menu and fun cocktail list. Dine outside if weather permits. But get a drink at the bar firstSpecial Features:
- very disappointing01seafoodloverVIPDined on 5/9/2014This was our six visit to the House, worst visit yet. Service was slow, didn't honor outdoor dining request, and all of our orders were wrong... too many great restaurants in Scottsdale to waste another night at such a dispaoointing spot.Special Features:
- special spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Very interesting food done very well. Nothing mainstream here. Craft food and cocktails with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Scottsdale GemSeekingtheBestDined on 5/3/2014I consider the restaurant one of the top three in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Service is outstanding and the food is both creative and remarkable. A unique and creative mix of menu choices, great wine, remarkable food with that creative touch which leaves one a lasting impression. I wish we had 10 more restaurants in Scottsdale of the quality and caliber of The House Brasserie. Matt Carter has the "recipe" and continues to amaze me with his "culinary magic"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant evening outdoorsgeofromazVIPDined on 4/28/2014A lovely setting in perfect weather. The food was up to expectations and the service was first rate. I will return as will my dining companions.Special Features:
- far from positivereservationsVIPDined on 4/25/2014This was my second visit and I was very disappointed in the food. In my opinion, they are trying too hard. There were so many competing flavors in our dishes that nothing stood out. Our taste buds were very confused. I know there is a lot of competition out there, but throwing a lot of conflicting flavors together is not the answer. In fact, we had to have a drink after lunch to cleanse the palate. Giving a bad review is the last thing I want to do, but maybe The House will take something away from this.
- Quaint and memorableSuziQVIPDined on 4/23/2014A friend and I enjoyed salads and an Oregon wine for lunch. We dined on the comfortable patio at this quaint cottage in old town. Cannot wait to return. The food fresh and tasty and the staff us efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/19/2014Very eclectic manu. Nothing like this menu anywhere else in Scottsdale. The only issue we had was the cocktails were all ice with very little drink. They should fix that for a $14 drinkSpecial Features: