The House Brasserie
6936 E Main St
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The House Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thehousearizona.com/
- Phone: 4806341600
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Carter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Goldwater Dr.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a private parking lot in the front of our, restaurant with access from Main St.but space is extremely limited. Additional street parking is available on Main street. Please be aware of surrounding lot's restrictions.
A word from The House Brasserie
The House Brasserie evokes a bygone era, a time when service and hospitality mattered most in the dining experience. Tucked away in a shaded corner Old Town Scottsdale, The House is also a place of culinary artistry. Chef Matt Carter combines worldly flavors and techniques to create an elegant and cozy menu with homespun style. Set beautifully in the Scottsdale's second-oldest home, The House is a vintage chic space where you can expect nothing but highest quality food, hand-pressed cocktails and eclectic wine & beer lists. Come join us at our House.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The House Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
The House Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (25)hot spot (11)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not worth the cost.ChuzifoodDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was practically empty when we arrived, so having the waitress seat us next to the back door was a bad sign from the start. Upon requesting an alternative table, we were placed within inches of one of the 3 couples already seated. I asked the hostess if it was necessary to sit on top of other people while the restaurant was empty. "Would you like to return to the original table?" she asked. No. The food had issues, also. The pork belly was over cooked and rubbery. $26 for some noodles with the faint hint of lamb is not my idea of fine dining. All in all, the meal lacked depth, balance, and modesty. The manager was very quick to expound on the virtues of their chef, but the fact of the matter is we cook better food at home.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014Hidden gem, we had an outstanding experience. Food was superb and service was excellent. Sitting outside was the best.Special Features:
- best meal so far in 2014CMF123VIPDined on 8/21/2014Used yelp to find a business dinner restaurant and found this awesome place. My business colleague booked a dinner with his wife before we left our dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Special OccasionfoodnfriendsDined on 8/18/2014We celebrated in style with great food and ambiance. We couldn't have felt more welcome there.Special Features:
- Impeccable Service, Great FoodPhoenixRisingVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our server, Lindsay, kicked off our wonderful experience at the House Brasserie. She not only knew the menu, but she was able to provide details that made you aware that she not only knows the menu but has tried probably everything as well. The food and drinks were great, and the highlights were definitely the broccoli (A recommendation from Lindsay), and also the side of corn that came with the beef filet that i ordered. A nice touch were the additional samples prepared by the Chef that made it to our table to help provide a personal touch. Definitely a place to bring someone on a special occasion or when you're just feeling like treating yourself. Try to go when it's cooler to get a seat outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed it...tkazDined on 8/16/2014I left this place missing something without knowing what it was. The place is adorable & would be great to sit outside when the weather is cooler. The outside is unassuming, the inside is rockstar cool. Everyone wears black - I wore black - I was scared someone might mistake me for waitstaff. They sat us near children (what??), children who were on iPads the whole time. I left my kids home and no one brings an iPad to a nice dinner out! Ok, back to the food. Our waitress recommended a great wine but could not articulate why. The food was actually very nicely prepared and very tasty but again....we were left wanting. And I don't know what it is so I'm going with ambiance. The din was a little hard to take. Dessert -WOW! It was WONDERFUL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/4/2014I have been to House Brasserie three times and each visit has been an absolute treat. The menu is interesting and the food is always delicious and beautifully presented. The hardest part is deciding which wonderful thing to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern brasserie (heavy food)Joe3Dined on 7/28/2014Modern American food mixed with French classics: very tasty, but very very heavy. Everything is made with cream, bacon, butter, foie gras, etc. etc. Cocktail was superb; wine list is very good, also by the glass. Service is technically correct, but very overbearing ("This is so delicious/the cook is absolutely amazing/that is my favorite dish in the world") and more lines like that: shouldn't the patrons be the judges of that? The room is very beautifully done; so recommended, but do not count the calories or go onto the scales the next day...Special Features:
- Terrible foodGigiDined on 7/18/2014Waste of money terrible terrible food dry salty also took 45 minutes for the entree. Will not go back or recommend this place.
- service issuesMissitVIPDined on 6/29/2014Our service was far more pretentious than she needed to be. It's one thing to carry yourself with class and another to be outright rude. This is the second time in a row I have been here with a bad experience. Funny part, manager said come back and "I'll take care of you" and I told him... I don't care.. just want to enjoy your food and have a good time. Sorry guys. Strike two. She should NOT be a server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!threedogkitchenVIPDined on 6/21/2014We took a towncar from the airport to Hotel Valley Ho and our driver was full of great tips. He told us about House Brasserie and I'm so glad he did. We had some of the most fabulous bites and it may have been one of the best meals during our stay in Scottsdale. It's just a block away from the hotel with a gorgeous outdoor patio. We had pork belly and watermelon bites, this perfect crostini with ricotta and radishes, delicious grits, and a fried chicken dish that we gobbled down. I would go back to Scottsdale just to revisit them, and maybe some of their sister restaurants.Special Features:
- SplendidfooddivaDined on 6/14/2014Lovely atmosphere. Though the menu is small, the food was suburb. The scallops were cooked just write and the dessert was scrumptious.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4KellyCrewDined on 6/14/2014We opted to eat outside on June 14th and it was very pleasant due to the large chillers that are set up during the summer months. Our server was fantastic and navigated us with ease through the menu that was in the midst of a change. We ordered the ricotta with roasted radishes to start which was great. The salads I've sampled are fine, but don't leave me wanting to order them again. The scallops, jidori chicken, and salmon for entrees were good and enjoyed by all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ElaineVIPDined on 6/13/2014This was our first time here. The server was AMAZING! She explained the menu in detail, she helped with choices and all her help was spot on! The food was very good, and we will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Great FoodazvisitorDined on 6/11/2014Had the Braised Lamb Ragout, so good! Staff very good and helpful. "Background" music a little loud but I definitely recommend. Beautiful facility inside and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlaceDavidB1Dined on 6/7/2014This is our second time dining here, and we really enjoyed it. A bit pricey, but nice for special occasions. Would like to see a misting system for the patio.Special Features:
- Great foodLadyluncherDined on 6/5/2014Menu was creative, dishes well presented and tasty. Music was too loud and not to my taste. Service could have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/30/2014This restaurant is great. Had the black kale salad and added salmon. It was delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Enjoyed sitting on the patio for dinner. The food was delicious and the service was great. A great menu for trying different foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The House is a gem!!KingLeoVIPDined on 5/21/2014Great ownership, plus great management, plus great service, plus a great chef, a great place and great food = a consistently fantastic dining experience. We love this place and keep coming back.Special Features:
- Good, but not memorableDavidDined on 5/21/2014We went for restaurant week, which is kind of pricy at $40.00 per person for a 3 course meal. Also, the restaurant week portions are smaller than the same item on the menu. I had the pork, which was nothing special. My wife had the salmon, which was good, but not great. The best item was probably the chicken terrine. The pistachio ice cream was also very good, but I do not know if it was made in house. Would I go back here? Probably not with so many other great restaurant choices.Special Features:
- Awesome food and serviceHungrynursDined on 5/16/2014Delectable dining and excellent service made for an amazing night at the House. Chef Matt Carter is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/12/2014Nice locals dining option with creative menu and fun cocktail list. Dine outside if weather permits. But get a drink at the bar firstSpecial Features:
- very disappointing01seafoodloverVIPDined on 5/9/2014This was our six visit to the House, worst visit yet. Service was slow, didn't honor outdoor dining request, and all of our orders were wrong... too many great restaurants in Scottsdale to waste another night at such a dispaoointing spot.Special Features:
- The following 66 reviews are from the The House Brasserie reviews archive.
- special spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Very interesting food done very well. Nothing mainstream here. Craft food and cocktails with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Scottsdale GemSeekingtheBestDined on 5/3/2014I consider the restaurant one of the top three in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Service is outstanding and the food is both creative and remarkable. A unique and creative mix of menu choices, great wine, remarkable food with that creative touch which leaves one a lasting impression. I wish we had 10 more restaurants in Scottsdale of the quality and caliber of The House Brasserie. Matt Carter has the "recipe" and continues to amaze me with his "culinary magic"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant evening outdoorsgeofromazVIPDined on 4/28/2014A lovely setting in perfect weather. The food was up to expectations and the service was first rate. I will return as will my dining companions.Special Features:
- far from positivereservationsVIPDined on 4/25/2014This was my second visit and I was very disappointed in the food. In my opinion, they are trying too hard. There were so many competing flavors in our dishes that nothing stood out. Our taste buds were very confused. I know there is a lot of competition out there, but throwing a lot of conflicting flavors together is not the answer. In fact, we had to have a drink after lunch to cleanse the palate. Giving a bad review is the last thing I want to do, but maybe The House will take something away from this.
- Quaint and memorableSuziQVIPDined on 4/23/2014A friend and I enjoyed salads and an Oregon wine for lunch. We dined on the comfortable patio at this quaint cottage in old town. Cannot wait to return. The food fresh and tasty and the staff us efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/19/2014Very eclectic manu. Nothing like this menu anywhere else in Scottsdale. The only issue we had was the cocktails were all ice with very little drink. They should fix that for a $14 drinkSpecial Features:
- A Fantastic Date NightJDB86Dined on 4/15/2014This was the perfect place for my girlfriends birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent!VisitingfromNYDined on 4/14/2014Innovative, well crafted dishes. New and inventive cuisine. Very attentive and professional staff. We stumbled on Brasserie for Sunday brunch and were smitten. We returned two days later for dinner and were similarly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, Fabulous, Fabulous.Cat413Dined on 4/13/2014We had such a great time! The food was fabulous, the service superb, and the outdoor dining made for an unforgettable experience. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful find. Favors imaginativfoodfreakVIPDined on 4/9/2014A wonderful find. Favors imaginatively combined, a beautiful patio,a knowledgable & friendly server, the stars were aligned..do not miss the pork belly appetizer, tuna appetizer,jadori chicken, but really, you can't go wrong with almost everything. A recommendation: make sure you sit on the patio..inside is cramped and does not capture the luxurious southwest feel.Special Features:
- business-friend dinnerfinedineDined on 4/7/2014I bought dinner for an old customer of mine and we are good friends. The food was very very good, however we had 4 people tending our table, from Brian the owner to the hostess, this makes for a slow, repeated request experience, also I ordered a while wine then a rose and due to the heat in AZ I requested they be chilled and the restaurant did not have proper chilling buckets for the wine bottles, they overlooked serving wine once the 1st glass was served and the amount of bread given to accompany the aged goat cheese appetizer was to small and once we requested more bread to finish off the cheese, this took way too long. Overall very good food, mediocre serviceSpecial Features:
- Great little gemkaytDined on 3/31/2014My husband and I always have a delicious dinner at The House Brasserie when we travel to Phoenix. The food is delicious and the presentation beautiful. It is our favorite outdoor patio with the lights in the trees and the charming house and patio. It is a gem not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014Made reservations for my wife's birthday and we were looking forward to a nice, relaxed, romantic dinner. Instead had to sit indoors where it felt more like a bar setting instead of the charming and more quiet outdoor patio. The food arrived late, over cooked and barely warm. Overall a great disappointment. We will not be going back.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014It was such an unusual menu it was hard to choose what to eat, so we ordered much more than we could eat and took "doggie bags" so not to waste a morsel. Will definetly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair place sub-par serviceEluqVIPDined on 3/26/2014It's a beautiful house with a nice bar, backyard and outside. Five stars for that. As a curious fact, the restrooms are outside and are small. The food was good but nothing memorable. The porkbelly: The noodles and egg were a great mix but the meat lack flavor and it was undercoocked. The Dr. Pepper meat with cheese fries was pretty good. Filet: uneventful. The goat cheese cake was delicious. I would go back just for that. Coffee was good. The service... well, the service was pretty bad. We learned about the special of the day because the table next to us was told (while we ere already eating). To get refills was a journey. My friend ended up helping herself for napkins. Good news is that there's plenty of room for improvement.Special Features:
- Amazing!lizzypDined on 3/19/2014Wow, we weren't expecting to find such a great restaurant during our trip to AZ! Would definitely go back! Yum…Yum…Yum! and a funky atmosphere with the oldest house in Scottsdale being the setting.Special Features: