The House at Secret Garden
2501 E. Baseline Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The House at Secret Garden
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.houseatsecretgarden.com/
- Phone: 6022438539x
- Hours of Operation:
We want to take this opportunity to let you know how much we have appreciated your support and how Chef Dustin has enjoyed serving you his seasonal local cuisine for the past four years.
As you all have experienced, the Secret Garden is a delightful venue rich with history and grace. With great thought we have recently made a decision not to renew our lease at The Secret Garden.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dustin Christofolo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate smaller groups of up to 30 guests in our Sun Room/ Sun Patio. For larger groups, we have our Urban Barn. Please contact our event coordinator for the Private Event menus and more information about the venue spaces. She can be reached by phone or email at email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Alison Sponberg 6022438539x
- Special Events: Join us on February 14th and February 15th with a Special 3 Course Chef's Tasting Menu
Valentine’s Day Weekend 2014
$60 per person++
Wine Pairings additional $35 per person++
Seatings at 5:00, 5:15, 5:30, 5:45, 6:00, 7:00, 7:15, 7:30, 7:45 & 8:00
Topped with Celery Leaf, Parsnip Crumble and Crème Fraiche
House Pulled Mozzarella with Local Greens, Noble Bread and Kumquats
Served with a Cauliflower Puree, Heirloom Cauliflower, Braised Pistachio and Lolla Rosa
Hanger Steak with Parmesan Risotto, Preserved Lemon, Red Wine Sauce and Romanesco
Served with Blood Orange, Pecan Brittle and Whipped Crème Fraiche
“Milk & Cookies”
Fior di Latte Panna Cotta with Raspberry and Chocolate Cookie Crumble
A word from The House at Secret Garden
Please come and visit us at our newly acquired property, The Farm at South Mountain, where you can experience a unique and seasonal dining experience at any one of the three restaurants on property.Continued
Make reservations through Open Table for our award winning restaurant Quiessence.
Make reservations through Open Table for our award winning restaurant Quiessence.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The House at Secret Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great findDebbieGDined on 4/9/2014Found this place on open table on our last night in the area. Food was excellent, staff and service were great. Will definitely return when back in Phoenix. Try the roasted veggie app and the salmon, and also all of their pasta is homemade!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanted EveningMertDined on 4/4/2014We took friends visiting from Washington DC to the House at Secret Garden without having dined there ourselves. It was an incredible evening in a beautiful setting and we truly enjoyed ourselves. The food was outstanding and the outdoor patio was charming. We couldn't have been more pleased with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a wonderful surprise...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014The Secret Garden was a wonderful surprise and also has an enchanting name! We had a lovely dinner and the service was absolutely excellent! Great food: fresh, local and exquisitely prepared and presented. Will definitely come again with guests for a special occasion dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but ambience falls flatRoadkingVIPDined on 3/29/2014I ate at Secret Garden for the first time and the food was great. Perfectly prepared, great seasonings, fresh ingredients. Excellent... However - Upon arriving I was seated in the outdoor patio under a large tree, 715pm reservation. It was getting dark, only candle light on the table. The only way to view the menu was via the iphone light. My server said it was "romantic". After ordering the food arrived. It was so dark you couldnt see it. We requested to move inside and finished our meal. My comment is simple - why would the staff seat customers in a place that they can't see the menu or the food? No lights, nothing provided. Not very well thought out, not handled very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014Everything was wonderful. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Secret Garden should be no secretBruins4alltimeDined on 3/25/2014An excellent meal and overall dining experience was enjoyed at the House. We were seated in one of the side rooms and there were no other patrons there for the evening. This made for a nice quiet, almost private dining experience. The food was top notch, locally sourced and fitting the current trend in good food. To top it off, I had the opportunity to meet Angels manager Mike Sciosia who happened to be dining that night with his staff. A great finish to a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big BandKojakDined on 3/20/2014We choose to have dinner so we could enjoy the "Big Band" sounds that were playing that night. We started out with the grilled romaine salad. We had never tried this before and it was delicious. Since we have cut down our intake of food, we asked our server to please split the salad for us and she was more than happy to do it. We each ordered the New York strip and it tasted amazing. Tender and delicious. We have never had a bad meal yet. We sat on the patio and listened to the Big Band sounds. All the tables were filled and our service was very good. One of the things that I love about Secret Garden is the freshness of the food and the herbs used from there garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still hungrybirthdaydinnerDined on 3/20/2014I appreciate that expensive restaurants serve smaller portions and quality food cost more. With that said, my son who is 6'4" and weighs 260 lbs ( he is a college football player ) ordered the pasta pillows dish which I believe was $24.00. The serving size was very small and would not have been sufficient for me who weighs 150. It was more an appetizer portion. We did have the Risotto Balls as an appetizer first but still left hungry and went elsewhere for dessert. I only wish the server would have suggested an alternate dish for him or warned him of the size. Too late.... this is not a restaurant that I will bring him back to.Special Features:
- Organic restaurantDaveVIPDined on 3/19/2014Food was great, patio very nice. Definitely a "foodie" restaurant. Service was not that great we were rushed as we were the last party there at 9:30 PM. We felt that we were rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a repeatergeorgeVIPDined on 3/15/2014service slow and unattentive. drinks were small. food was average but fun. cannot reccomend.Special Features:
- Field freshPasoDianneDined on 3/12/2014Menu items contain ingredients from their garden. Food was delicious and ambiance on the patio was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Tell - Secret Garden, Yes!TreCDined on 3/11/2014Secret Garden is a renovated gem; great atmosphere and service, and amazing food. We arrived when they opened at 5pm and sat on the back patio. The sunset was beautiful, it was quiet, and we sat enjoying every bite of the delectable food and every sip of the great wine. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemluvfoodDined on 3/8/2014This is a great hidden gem if you want a nice romantic dinner. Food and service was exceptional! The risotto balls are divine and the steak was melt in your mouth delicious! Be sure to try one of their cocktails mixed to perfection. We had the pear martini and mojito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great ambience and romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014I have not stopped talking about what a wonderful experience we had! The service was amazing and the food to match!! This restaurant is a total GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressionableKathDined on 3/6/2014I entertain a group of customers after they have had a busy day on their feet at various conventions we participate in for our individual business purposes. This was by far one of their favorites and it was certainly a hidden gem. The chef came out and talked to us and spent more time with us than I would ever expect. It was the waiter's first night and you could tell his heart was in his job. I hope to get there again in the near future! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to this place forDCB2732Dined on 3/6/2014We went to this place for a special Occasion which just happened to be on a Thursday evening. There were only three ladies having dinner and drinks on the patio with us. The Patio is beautiful, with a fireplace and a dozen or so tables. When the sun went down it was very romantic. The service was fine, the cheese plate was very good but the food was only so-so. The restaurant is beautiful, the patio is beautiful and the garden is also very beautiful. The lack of customers was depressing and sad. In all fairness because we only had one meal there our judgment of the food is very, very limited. The concept is good, and they have a lot of good things in their favor there but they need more customers to provide the energy needed.Special Features:
- prabably great!!!hankDined on 3/1/2014went on night of massive rainstorm. could see where patio dining would be very very nice...Ate indoors where room is small. Service was good and menu inventive. Bar service a bit slow but good. For my purposes, location a bit far to go back on a regular basis-especially when server tell me menu doesn't change very much over time....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014We have lived in the neighborhood for over 10 years and have driven past this place bth never stopped to try it. We decided for our 14 year wedding anniversary to try it and loved everything about it. Beautiful grounds, excellent service, and delicious food! A must try for a romantic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen confusionOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/28/2014Our server was delightful- -professional and engaging, but she could not overcome the long gaps between courses (30 minutes from salad/soup to entree) or the tardy arrival of one of five entrees. The restaurant was busy, but not overwhelmed on a Thursday night; it seemed she might have had a couple of "trainees" trailing her. We're happy to return in hopes the kitchen will do a better job of timely food preparation.Special Features:
- Gourmet dining at its finest!BillDined on 2/28/2014The setting is idyllic, the staff are absolutely incredible and the food is delicious. Farm to table here is the very best in all of the Phoenix area. The ambience is also unmatched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Side SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014This is the best place on this side of town. Food, service, ambiance they nailed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014I love the place and the ambiance overall. Wine list is very good. Menu options are well balanced. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014The food is amazing, full of flavors that are unlike anything I have ever eaten. MmMmMm...they made a brussels sprout lover out of me and the broccoli was delish! Also love the cheese board and absolutely don't forget the bread pudding. Service is excellent and the atmosphere is lovely. I have always eaten on the back patio because I just love sitting in front of the fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014What a great patio, quiet, romantic, fireplace, beautifull trees, can have a nice conversation and it felt like we had our own spot! Really enjoyed the evening. Food was excellent, great fresh vegetables from the garden used (many grown on site). Brandon, our waiter, was awesome. There when you needed him, knowledgeable, very friendly and classy. We would return here for sure. Dont tell anyone--the Secret Garden needs to remain a secret:)Special Features:
- What a Discovery!!!!FBCscottsdaleDined on 2/22/2014If you are looking for a dining experience that is a bit different from the usual offerings around the valley, House at Secret Garden should be top on your list. From start to finish this restaurant delivers, and worth every minute of the drive from North Scottsdale. We sat outside on the patio featuring well spaced tables in a delightful garden setting. The inside dining featured rich woods and a classic elegance lost on the cookie cutter, trendy restaurants in Scottsdale. Our waiter, Brandon, was knowledgeable, unobtrusive yet attentive, and interested in us. As for the food, we found it all familiar with great twists. My favorite cocktail, Dark and Stormy with a great twist using apple juice and simple syrup. Let's support this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DollarsandsenseDollarsnsenseDined on 2/22/2014Dining on the tree lined patio, with the fireplace blazing, was dreamlike. The service was very good. Very disappointed in the food. Out of the six orders, five were nothing special. I ordered the shrimp and grits. About a cup of very salty, soupy grits, spread over the plate, topped with five medium, not large or jumbo, grilled shrimp. For color, 8 pieces of baby carrot, smaller than a tack head, thrown in. A little over an ounce of protein for $19. I left hungry as did two other guests. The lemon chicken was a chunk of chicken breast with a half of a grilled lemon on the plate and potatoes. Only the salmon was tasty and worth the money. I would not go here again.Special Features:
- Love this placeCalgaryDined on 2/18/2014This is the second time that my wife and I dined at this place. Again we were absolutely delighted with the ambience and the food. The service was perfect!!! We wished it was on the third Thursday of the month to catch the big band but we enjoyed it all the same. We recommended this place many times to people that we met during our stay in the Phoenix area and will be back again ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left Us Wanting For MorewkndinersDined on 2/15/2014We'll give benefit of the doubt that it was Valentine weekend with a Prix Fixe menu, possibly we didn't reap the benefits that this restaurant is capable of?!? The quality of food was decent, but all considering; the presentation, service and our ambiance, the House at Secret Garden was in our opinion, overrated and overpriced. We've enjoyed much better food, service, and scenery for way less pennies. The big finale'...we were presented with an auto gratuity of 20% on our two person tab. Wow. I've worked in the food service industry for a few years, and have never had the luxury of charging my guests an automatic twenty percent. Too bad tho', because we generally tip higher. Maybe we'll chance it again someday. First time missed the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Secret Garden diningScooterDined on 2/15/2014Beautiful old landmark building! Loved the setting! Restaurant had a fixed price menu the evening we dined with two choices for each course for $60 and a wine pairing of 3 half pours for $35. Highlights were the carrot soup and mozzarella salad, the cauliflower purée served with the scallops and the desserts. Downside of the experience - scallops were very salty and we all felt the wine pairing was good but quite expensive at $35 for what related to 1 1/2 glasses. With only two reso times open (5:45 & 8:30) surprised to see only 1 table in dining room and 2 on patio with waitstaff of 6 or 7??? All in all it was a very nice dining experience with a very good staff. Would be interested in seeing their regular menu.Special Features:
- It seemed like a beautifulDanSMDined on 2/14/2014It seemed like a beautiful place but the food was not so good, the service was very slow (it took 90 minutes for them to serve the food) and the place is small with small tables very close together which gives you very little privacy.
- Valentine's food failurePhoenixTechDined on 2/14/2014My first and only experience at The House was last night for their special dinner. The ambiance was first class but the first two courses of the expensive fixed price menu struck out. Thank goodness the great desserts and wine saved the $200 2-person meal. Likely will not return, but am wondering if individually prepared dishes would be more tastefully prepared?Special Features:
- Our ExperienceBillDined on 2/14/2014The evening was almost perfect we had a very good time, Only one issue we each ordered steak and one of them was great the other was fatty. We told the waiter but nothing was done or offeredSpecial Features:
- Our waiter Brandon was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Our waiter Brandon was wonderful. The food was so good I'd come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2014We discovered this gem by accident, but what a happy accident it was! The food was sensational, and the service simply amazing! What made this a truly memorable experience was the atmosphere on the outside patio. We felt like we had privacy, and a nice intimate setting. A heater kept us warm and the fireplace added to the beautiful ambience. We loved our experience from beginning to end and will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the DesertGaryDined on 2/13/2014At a very difficult time in our lives, my wife and I were brought to the Secret Garden by accident. The food was fantastic, the service was excellent and the vibe was warm and welcome. The experience was magic, and we needed that. I would highly recommend the Secret Garden to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of my lifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014We ordered the pasta pillows and aged New York Strip; both were 'melt in your mouth' quality. We enjoyed every bite; from the excellent cheese board to the AMAZING dessert. The after dinner coffee was beyond compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical atmosphere, amazing flavorsBarryDined on 2/13/2014Tucked away behind its gate and line of old growth trees, entering this place is like entering another world. You quickly become lost in the mansion's old Spanish charm that you'd never think you're right off a major thoroughfare and next to a Petsmart shopping center. Our first visit here was for a valentine's day dinner and it was perfect, the only thing better than the charm of this place is the food - simply wonderful. We started with some wine and the smoked trout spread which had such a beautiful blend of flavors - I'm not exaggrating when I say that was the best starter we've ever tasted. The rest of the diner didn't disappoint either. We've put House at Secret Garden on our 'A-list' of places to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It could be great.Gourmet8Dined on 2/12/2014Although delicious, the all white presentation of lemon chicken and potatoes not very appetizing. Vegetables and bread should be included at these prices. However we'll keep coming for the charming atmosphere alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirstTimeSelectiveDined on 2/7/2014First time at this restaurant and a bit concerned, since this was our Anniversary. It was Friday night and not many patrons, so that concerned us about the food and service. However, every expectation of excellent service was met (Brandon was our waiter), delicious food (fresh salmon catch, split a salad and saved room for dessert where we enjoyed the Cannoli and Budino). The salmon melted in your mouth and did not have any fishy taste. My favorite dessert was the Budino, which was my husbands choice. We sat in the patio area near fireplace and heater kept us comfortable. We enjoyed the beautiful plants that surrounded us. The price was equivalent to nicer restaurants that cater to customers. Definitely a place we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindazanneVIPDined on 2/6/2014This was our 1st visit & we were very impressed.The gardens are lovely. Service was excellent. Food was fresh and delicious. We certainly hope to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.