708 S Austin Ave
Georgetown, TX 78626Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thehollowrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5128683300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday 5:00pm - until; Breakfast: Saturday 8am - 11am; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jacob Hilbert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have an open room upstairs that can be utilized for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Jacob Hilbert 5128683300x
A word from The Hollow
The Hollow is an American Brasserie featuring classic French cuisine using local ingredients and a modern approach. In the evenings we offer a nightly changing dinner menu and chef's tastings and have more casual fare for lunch. Throughout the week we offer a bar menu and wine and beer specials. We will accommodate all dietary needs as requested so please, join us. We look forward to seeing you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Hollow reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (29)special occasion (29)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (21)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Super LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/17/2014Special from start to finish! The service was great, and the food was delicious! I highly reccommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodelverDined on 9/12/2014Nice atmosphere great food. Duck and pork were excellent. Wine selection was is very good great find will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!KhakeDined on 9/6/2014Fun place to have an anniversary dinner. Got to sit in the front table in the window and watch people stroll by. Food was wonderful and beautifully plated. Chocolate torte was amazing!Special Features:
- Amazing start to finishSleenkDined on 9/6/2014First time here to celebrate my friends' birthday Great service, meal was wonderful - I highly recommend the pork shank redemption !!! We were too full for desert but thank thank you everyone at The Hollow for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingHugelDined on 8/23/2014This is our second visit and we were even more impressed. The service was fantastic and the food was amazing. Its delightful that the menu changes and each time it is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding As Always!jcishs63Dined on 8/22/2014The Hollow is the first restaurant in my experience were every dish has been wonderful....wonderful taste, wonderful presentation, just wonderful. I especially enjoy the variety of dishes offered and the frequency of change. Even in very good restaurants it is easy to fall back on "old favorites" rather than try something new. At the Hollow almost everything on the menu changes with such frequency that you are "forced" to try new, different things and so far I have always (100%) been rewarded with great food, prepared to perfection, and beautifully presented. I would recommend it to all who are anxious to try great food, inventively prepared and offered at what is a bargain price. The dishes are not cheap but they are a bargain!Special Features:
- What a JokemeandmygfVIPDined on 8/22/2014Service sucked unless you are ordering wine. Food was sub par. Mussels are the size of a pistachio nut. Very disappointed. Not one chicken dish. Steak is horribly over priced. These people think they are a Ruth's Chris or Perry's Steakhouse with that crazy price, news flash, you're not. The worst service I've had in any Georgetown restaurant! Save your money and satisfy your taste buds at 600° or Wild Fire.
- Fantastic BrunchJohnMDined on 8/17/2014We were in town on Sunday and ate brunch here. Fabulous! Be sure and order the limoncello cocktail. It was delicious. I had gravilax with pickled mustard seeds that was astounding. My wife had an omelet that included wonderful chunks of bacon. The bread came with two fantastic compound butters. We would have returned for dinner but they are closed Sunday night. It may be worth a trip from Fort Worth just to eat here again.Special Features:
- Romantic!stillinloveafter30yearsDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I visited the Hollow on a Sunday for brunch. It was the perfect place for our date! The ambiance was perfect! from the white tablecloths to the soft music. The menu was full of great choices! The food was deliciously seasoned and cooked to perfection! The portions were definitely large enough; but we couldn't resist and ordered the chocolate torte for dessert! Our waiter was delightful! He was very knowledgeable and helped us with our food and wine choices. We will definitely be back! and would highly recommend the Hollow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food!BritTexDined on 8/7/2014Loved everything! We were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The only glitch was that the reflective light coming in the windows was VERY disturbing if you were facing the windows. We even asked to move to the back of the restaurant to try to get away from the brightness. Some kind of dark see thru shades, like woven woods, would have been splendid. The food was absolutely outstanding! We loved the decor - up market.Special Features:
- Special Event DiningViper77Dined on 8/2/2014Went for wife's birthday. Food was excellent as was the presentation. Service was friendly, didn't hover but was there at all the right times, and knew the menu and made excellent recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise jewellDrDBunkDined on 7/23/2014Who would think that you would find such a wonderful treasure in little Georgetown! This was a business dinner with two out of town "mature" guests who have experienced the best throughout the world and this was a hit. I had a braised pork shank and one of my guests had a lamb dish and we both agreed they were among the very best meals we have ever had. The service was friendly and attentive and we had good wine at decent prices. I would say this is one of the very best dining experiences in central Texas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in GeorgetownGtowndinerDined on 7/19/2014The quality of the food and the presentation match those found in more metropolitan settings without the associated traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A confirmation...RodolfoDined on 7/17/2014It is the third time in a few weeks that we went to Georgetown, and this time it was just to have dinner at The Hollow to celebrate a family anniversary. And it was a splendid confirmation of our previous experiences. Definitely this restaurant is now on our short list of places to go! Personally we recommend the duck: so far I did have my best duck in Krakow, Poland, but this one in Georgetown is displacing the Polish duck for its first position :-)Special Features:
- On par with any high endAdventurousEaterDined on 7/17/2014The menu changes daily. The food is AMAZING. My favorites were the goat cheese flan and the mushroom tart, but there was nothing in the entire meal that was not fantastic.Special Features:
- Great foodAnniebeauxDined on 7/13/2014We went for brunch on Sunday. The food was excellent, but, please be aware, this is not your normal American style brunch. While the food was excellently prepared and extremely tasty, I was still quite hungry when we were done. I would not go again on a Sunday for lunch. I understand from friends that the portions are larger during the week or in the evening. For the size of the portions, it was a little pricey. It would be nice if a small house salad was offered with the entrée. Overall, I very much enjoyed the food, just wish there had been more of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring two stomachskittytreatDined on 7/10/2014Hubby and I went here the first time but they were booked solid. Second time around, found them on Open Table, got a reservation. Ambience is a little dark, kind of romantic, though whatever was upstairs was either having dance lessons or bowling, because at times we looked up from our meals and were like, wut wuz that? Hubby ordered pork with some kind of polenta, and I ordered a giant lamb shank cooked with dried apricots. Pretty much needed a dolly to leave the place and walk 2 miles to help with our stuffed guts, but hey, both meals were delicious! Our waiter told us that the dish I chose was more appealing to him because it gave him an "emotional reaction". I, too, got emotional, when the bill came :). So worth it, though!Special Features:
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014A tiny bit under staffed this visit. Things were a little slow. But food was spectacular and service was polished. We enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchTxGirlDined on 7/6/2014Duck quiche was very tasty. Varied menu selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014It was my first visit to The Hollow and I brought along two of my adult children. We were totally impressed, not only with the food, but with the choices of entrees. The wine selections were variable and our choice was more than adequate for the price. Everything we had was outstanding and I will definitely come back. Merci!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So loud couldn't hear waitresstechnorickDined on 7/2/2014When we arrived we stood at the host stand for two minutes before anyone acknowledged our arrival. It was so loud I couldn't understand the waitress. It was so cramped that the our waitress stood up against our table while talking to us. No ambiance. Very unpleasant. I heard the waitress say the word French in her introduction and I think she was talking about the chef's training. The menu was very exotic, which was a little spooky because of the very high price of each item. That isn't to say the food isn't good there. I'm sure it is amazing. We cut our losses and left without ordering. The Hollow seems a mismatch between a talented chef and mediocre atmosphere and staff.
- Something DifferentCinCinVIPDined on 6/19/2014We had a dinner for four. The table was exceptionally located, well appointed, and nicely set. The menu was diverse and spiked with humorous glints of someone who has both a sense of food and a sense of humor-I suspect the chef. The salads were exceptional-the cheeses made the salad course memorable. The dinners were tuna, pork, duck, and lamb. All were good. The women were happy, the men commented"...slighty fatty and salty." I think that it is slightly expensive, but that is counterbalanced with a wonderful attentiveness and variety of meals. This restaurant is a gem for Georgetown.Special Features:
- Great night at The HollowOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/7/2014This was a wonderful meal, and I cannot recommend The Hollow highly enough...the staff was wonderful especially our server Jenna and the food was spectacular...I had the smoked duck and it was definitely the best duck I had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confirmation...RodolfoDined on 6/6/2014We were there two Sundays ago for lunch and we did selected the seafood side of the menu. We went back last Friday and we selected the meat side of the menu. You cannot make mistakes everywhere you go, but the mussels and the duck were over the top :-)Special Features:
- Excellent consistently.DivineDined on 5/24/2014We go here on every special occasion. We love it as we can stroll over from our home instead of driving to Austin or Dallas for an exceptional dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the The Hollow reviews archive.
- Great for one, average for anotherCinCinVIPDined on 5/16/2014The food was fresh and attractive. The fish in parchment was too oily and over seasoned with herbs which drowned the taste of a fresh and perfectly cooked fish entree. The beef filet was perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014The food was amazing. Friendly staff and great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Went on Mother's Day for brunch. It came highly recommended by a foodie. The food was very good, but super small portions and the service was very slow so by the time you got additional food, hunger subsided. Asked other waitstaff for assistance twice. Not acceptable for a 30$ per person meal - only option for Mother's Day menu. Not a picky person at all, just disappointed in the service.Special Features:
- C'est magnifique!GylWindDined on 5/10/2014What a great treat! My daughters have been wanting to try foods from other countries and authentic French is by far the hardest to find in central TX. Well, look no further than The Hallow in Georgetown, TX! All their food is fresh and "farm to table". They offer all the typical french entrees in a fun, witty menu. Aside from having food in an authentic french style, the main goal was that my girls wanted to try escargot (snails). They loved it! They were surprised at how tasty snails could be ;-) We had a wonderful time - definitely for special occassions. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family favoritegoingoutDined on 5/9/2014We took our out of town son and his family there a few months ago and now they are in town again and requested the Hollow. He loves the duck and the mussels. Dinner was, again, the best. It is so nice to have a really good restaurant in Georgetown.Special Features:
- Very good foodslightseyDined on 4/20/2014Interesting, creative dishes, well prepared, good coffee, easy to findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris at my back doorCinCinVIPDined on 4/11/2014It was good, it was fun, it was a fresh breath of spring and a break from the chains. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in GeorgetownUgly1Dined on 4/11/2014The Hollow was recommended by a friend whom I trust and who is a food connoisseur. My gf and I went in late on a Friday night and had an amazing meal. From the unique appetizers to the delicious salads and perfectly prepared entrees our meal was great. I will be headed back to The Hollow ASAP.Special Features:
- We LUV this restaurant!menureaderDined on 4/11/2014A great restaurant for special occasions & ordinary days - - the lunch crowd is up-beat & seem to be enjoying themselves. The dinner crowd is more subdued & quiet - - reading the menu is an adventure in itself. We have eaten here several times & have always had excellent food & wine & wonderful service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gem in GeorgetownFlashDined on 4/8/2014A much needed fine dining place in Gtown. Nice place. Great space on the Square. Really good service and food. Pricey, yes, but not more than one would pay in the city...we're just not used to paying it in Gtown. Eclectic, creative menu (I got snails and risotto!) Limited, but good wine list (no booze). We'll go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not again...ugh!KenMDined on 3/28/2014We have been here twice and both times our reservations were between 7 and 730. And both times, by then, they were out of the seafood meal on the menu. I can understand later in the evening being short of a very popular item, but not by 7 o'clock on a Saturday night. Poor planning on someone's part. I would love to see this restaurant succeed, but something has got to change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMarleeDined on 3/22/2014The food is very high quality and fresh and creative. The service is very attentive without being intrusive. The wine steward was helpful with a wine that we were not familiar with and we were very pleased with it. The portions were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disapointed on second tryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014I hate to give this resturant a poor rating, but on second try we were really disapointed. The dinner food was not $100 worthy. This combined with really poor service is the reason we will probably not return for a third try. We were seated in the upper section and even though there were three other tables filled with customers in the second story, we waited fifteen minutes after our plates were cleared to hear our desert options. With no waitress in sight we finally went downstairs and asked someone to find our bill. The staff knew we were disapointed but didn't do anything except say they were sorry and here is your bill.
- A real gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014When trying to find a great restaurant in the north Austin area, do not overlook this place. A great place to spend time talking to your dining partners (no loud music or background noise). Great service with a person who knew the menu and wine list very well. The food??? Only the best!! Well worth the drive to Georgetown. If you are a foodie or looking for a quiet place to have dinner, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Rivals best restaurants in Austin!mishkatxVIPDined on 3/9/2014SO thankful to have this gem in Georgetown! EVERYTHING is amazing. Whether it is dinner, brunch, or the Thursday tasting menu...you won't be disappointed. In fact, being a native Austinite, I believe that this is one of the best places in the Austin area. The beer and wine selection is great, but, would love to see a full bar cocktail menu added to the mix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.