The Hobbit Restaurant
121 81st St
Ocean City, MD 21842Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Hobbit Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thehobbitrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4105248100
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Hobbit Restaurant
An absolute escape from Ocean City. A place to indulge in inventive American cuisine and mouthwatering seafood while overlooking one of the most picturesque views you have ever laid eyes on. If you're looking to simply come in for some appetizers and a few cocktails our bartenders make great company at the bar that maintains the same breathtaking views. So next time you're wondering where to go to enjoy an exceptional meal, stop by The Hobbit and step into a classy, sleak, but most importantly comfortable world of dining excellence. We are located in the bottom floor of the Rivendell Condominium at 81st on the Bay and we offer our full menu daily beginning at 5 p.m.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Hobbit Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ocean City ›
The Hobbit Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (125)special occasion (100)romantic (90)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (37)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (14)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Beautiful Sunset While DiningPatBDined on 10/25/2014We dined at the Hobbit Restaurant the last night they were closing for the season. They were featuring their regular menu and the "Restaurant Week" $30 for 3 course specials - the food was great. Since it was their last night, we were not sure if they would have all of the "regular" great entrees but they did - the crab cakes were one of the best we ever tasted. We will definitely being going back when they re-open next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning experienceJJMandJMMDined on 10/23/2014This was a perfect end to a great week and a special occasion. The food and ambiance were terrific and the view made it even more special.Special Features:
- First TimerExpectALotDined on 10/12/2014Looking for a nice place to eat in Ocean City and found this gem. Outstanding sunset view. I was there in October during restaurant week so they had a $30 dollar special menu for which you pick 3 out of 4 courses (Appetizer, Salad, Entrée, Desert). I skipped the salad and had an outstanding meal. The quality and volume for $30 could not be beat! I almost wish I ordered off the normal menu but the deal was too good to pass up. Calamari appetizer, Swordfish entrée and Pumpkin Cheesecake, all exceeded my expectations. The only downside was it was a lot of food and I probably ate too much. (tough problem to have?!) I do not remember everything my wife had, but she was also extremely pleased. Next trip to Ocean City and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MooseDined on 10/11/2014Worth every penny. The food was very good and the atmosphere was great.Special Features:
- the best!!!!!!nailladyDined on 10/11/2014I chose the Hobbit on recomendations from several friends who own in O.C. We were celebrating three birthdays. We were so excited about the view and the sunset unfortunately the weather did not cooperate . That was ok the view was still great and we saw alot of different birds. The food and the service was excellent!!!!!!!! P.S. My almost 30 year old son was loving all the Hobbits, so I guess we could say it`s a kid friendly place as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBillDined on 10/10/2014We ran across The Hobbit by accident. Made reservations for the same night and got in with little problem. The view was fantastic! The sunset was awesome! Had the lamb chops and the oysters, both were perfectly prepared. The duck breast wonderful. Looking forward to revisiting next vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ChessielynDined on 10/10/2014Great food , great service, great location Thank you HobbittSpecial Features:
- Don't let the name fool youOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2014Great crab cakes, steaks and specialty items. Had not visited in years but had a friend recommend so gave it a trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean City classicfeedmeDined on 10/3/2014My parents raved about the Hobbit 10 years ago, and I was happy to see its still available in a splendid new location. The lamb chops and crab stack were terrific appetizers. The atmosphere is energetic with a large well-lit bar area and more private tables with beautiful views.Special Features:
- Nice dining with a view.RayG7Dined on 10/3/2014Very nice dining experience, excellent food and service. The view at sunset is marvelous. The seating is well done with multi levels for better privacy. One of the few really nice dining experience in Ocean City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the duckLLV2VIPDined on 10/3/2014Gorgeous restaurant. Fair wine list. Short ribs were excellent. Duck was tasteless and undercooked.Special Features:
- VettemanTCVettemanTCDined on 10/2/2014Great views from the dining room overlooking the bay, nice sunset. Waitress service was excellent along with the food. Menu was varied along with numerous seafood specials for the evening. We will definitely return when vacationing next year.Special Features:
- best dining in O.C.healtyeaterDined on 10/1/2014There was a great view of the bay, excellent fresh food, and a unique hobbity decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBomar11VIPDined on 9/27/2014He e been here several times in the past and enjoyed the experience. We were seated promptly. 3 people ordered the special flat iron steak. All 3 were very tough and one was almost impossible to cut. Also, the potatoes au gratin Wes incredible salty. The person with the toughest steak complained to an attendant, not our server. They took it back but no one ever acknowledged the issue. No apology, no new steak or anything We got our check and the steak was still listed. We paid our checkand left. We were amazed that in such a nice restaurant made no attempt to rectify the problem.Special Features:
- Food with a ViewSnowfairyDined on 9/27/2014The view from our table of the bay was beautiful as the sun set. Bring sunglasses as the floor to ceiling windows don't hide the sun, but that is what makes this location so special. There are no shades on the windows so don't come if you can't deal with nature as it is. The food was as pretty on the plate as it was good. I was there with my nephew to celebrate our completion of the Sea Gull Century bike ride and the comfortable seating and leisurly pace at which the meal was served was a perfect ending to a beautiful day. The wait staff was very attentive without being pushy, knew the items on the menu, and made good suggestions. Parking was ample, but it was off season and we came early.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/26/2014Absolutely beautiful views of the sunset. Great food and atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at The Hobbit. Great for large groups or a romantic dinner. The staff was friendly too.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemLov2eatDined on 9/23/2014A friend told us about this restaurant otherwise we would have never found it. It's not advertised in any "tourist books". Beautiful dining area, excellent food and a view to die for. My only complaint was our server seemed to "be somewhere else".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made my wedding complete!shoeshoesDined on 9/22/2014We were married at sunrise and and wanted to top our day off with a sunset dinner. From the time we walked in to the time we left everything was amazing. Our server Kylie was one of the best ever, she went over and beyond for us. The food was great. What a wonderful finish to our perfect day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great viewSuzetteDined on 9/21/2014This place is a gem and I'm glad it's once again open. The food was wonderful, great service and lovely scenic view bayside. Looks like they also have a nice bar as well. You won't be disappointed, try it. The seafood is fabulous. All fresh and local ingredients.Special Features:
- AmazingJennycooperDined on 9/21/2014Hubby and I went because we saw a great review on Yelp. We had great food and service was fun and very good. We had fun with our server.Special Features:
- WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My wife and I had reservations for 6pm on Saturday evening. The sun was going down above the water so the scenery was AWESOME! Matt was our server and he was FANTASTIC. I had the swordfish dinner which was great. My wife had the pork chop which she loved. They were both very nice portions. As I was already full, I had an incredible Creme Brulee for dessert. My wife HIGHLY recommends the Mary's Delight. She send she'd go to the restaurant just for that. Very nice place. Very friendly and helpful staff. If you go anywhere else, you're wasting your time and money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014While the food was good it was not great and was over price the most disappointing was serviceSpecial Features:
- Lovin'OC'sHobbitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014Absolutely lovely evening, as always. Worth every penny for it's upscale ambiance and creative food.Special Features:
- Best at the beachBeachTerpDined on 9/6/2014We always bring guests here for great food, amazing sunset views, and fantastic service. The Hobbit is consistently our choice as the best restaurant in Ocean CitySpecial Features:
- Great Experience!pickDined on 9/6/2014The Hobbit is always an outstanding dining experience! The Roasted Garlic app and Mary's Delight for dessert complement what ever entrée you choose.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and excellent food!BeansterDined on 9/4/2014Fine dining is very rare in OC, so I was ecstatic to find The Hobbit. The food was very good and the views of the bay are lovely. It was nice to get away from touristy, beach themed dining.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014My husband and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary at the Hobbit. They seated us at a table where we were able to watch the sunset. They had a Happy Anniversary sign on the table and everyone who came to our table wished us a Happy Anniversary including a very nice patron of the restaurant. The waitress and the rest of the wait staff were polite and attentive. The pace was slow and relaxing. The food was super delicious. We will return the next time we visit OC! Thank you to the Hobbit's staff for taking good care of us and making our anniversary a memorable one!Special Features:
- Awesome menu and serviceEliseDined on 8/30/2014we had a wonderful dinner - i had the salmon and everyone else enjoyed the crabcakes the sunset view was exceptional from all tables and bar areaSpecial Features:
- Gorgeous sunsetMJGandMLGDined on 8/30/2014Excellent crab cakes and menu with something for everyone; loved the coconut cake, but big enough to share.Special Features:
- email@example.comFenwickboundDined on 8/30/2014Food, view and wine were fantastic. Always a good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceLuv2dine2Dined on 8/28/2014Food was fantastic. Service was great too. Lovely all around experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hold the salt! Where's the pepper?DCFoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014This was our 3rd time dining at The Hobbit in the past three years. Unfortunately, the third time was NOT the charm. The special, described as "rockfish stuffed with crab" was actually a chunk of rockfish (filet) with crab imperial on top -- that's quite a difference. Little things mean a lot, especially in a restaurant that's pleased us in the past. Warm bread was delivered AFTER our appetizers arrived. Crab soup was too salty, as was the finishing layer on top of the mashed potatoes. And, oh! How I wished I'd been offered the peppermill with my Caesar salad. I didn't know fresh ground pepper was available until I saw the customer at the booth across from us receive some on her salad. And on ... and on. Too bad!Special Features:
- The Hobbit is heavenly!TessNarvonDined on 8/22/2014Love The Hobbit, have been coming for years. Never disappoints. The food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Getaway Dinnergirlsgetaway2014Dined on 8/20/2014Had such a great time! The sunset view was beautiful and breath taking! Will defiantly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hobbit is a new fave!JimDDined on 8/17/2014We were given a gift certificate to the Hobbit and drove there from our place in Bethany Beach. We arrived about 20 minutes before a gorgeous sunset over the bay. That alone would have made the trip worthwhile! The food was excellent, especially the crab cakes. Our waitress Emily was attentive without being overly so; we did not feel the least bit rushed. For our next visit I plan to skip lunch and enjoy the New York Strip...or maybe the crab cakes...or maybe the halibut. On second thought, we'll just go there often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD & SERVICEFLOATVIPDined on 8/17/2014Celebrate our birthday's on Sunday night 8/17/2014. The food was great and the server Kylie was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok, but issuesMe175Dined on 8/16/2014Had reservation, still took 25 mins to seat. Walkins were in front of us. Duck breast was good, short rib was over cooked and a tiny portion. Water glasses were never refilled, nor could we get waiters attention to get us more wine. A party that took up 2 tables, were yelling and screaming, stadiums were quieter. Same table of people were smoking by front door and refused to move to let us leave, not a happy experience.Special Features:
- Beautiful placeYummyInMyTummyDined on 8/16/2014I ordered the filet mignon, it was delicious. The waitress Brittany was very helpful and informative. Overall an amazing experience and will go back at a earlier time next time to watch the sunset while dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseSugarDaddyDined on 8/14/2014First time to Ocean City, MD. Coming from La Jolla, CA I wasn't too impressed by the local food. We did a quick search on Yelp and took a chance. Boy were we pleasantly surprised. Beautiful venue, great service and fantastic food. Wish I found this place earlier in the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, outstanding, deliciousNjoydiningoutVIPDined on 8/11/2014The Hobbit restraunt was overall amazing. The food was so delicious, everyone enjoyed and cleared their plates. Also, the panoramic view from inside the restraunt is breathtaking. There was a wide variety of entrees to choose from, my daughter who is a vegetarian even found something delicious. The dessert was unmanageably outstanding. We had the coconut cake and, the cheesecake which was chocolate peanut butter. We couldn't decide which one we liked better. Overall I was very impressed with the restraunt and I will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.