The Hive at 21c
200 NE A Street
Bentonville, AR 72712Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hive at 21c
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thehivebentonville.com/
- Phone: (479) 286-6575
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Lounge & Bar:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - Midnight
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
*Late night menu until Midnight - 7 days a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew McClure
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re hosting a big business dinner or
a foodie fete with family and friends, the Private
Dining Room is a comfortable, welcoming setting
for groups of up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Celine Peruzzi 4792866518x
A word from The Hive at 21c
Located at 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, The Hive emphasizes the unique culinary identity of Arkansas, while articulating chef Matthew McClure’s approach to refined country cuisine. Showcasing the region’s farmers and culinary landscape, chef McClure's menus stay true to the High South, highlighting ingredients such as black walnuts, freshly milled corn meal, hickory smoked hams, peaches, melons and sweet onions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Hive at 21c - Best Restaurants in Bentonville ›
The Hive at 21c reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (95)special occasion (72)hot spot (56)vibrant bar scene (52)neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (40)romantic (34)notable wine list (33)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (18)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- First RateHowardRVIPDined on 11/16/2014Great food and service in a very fine setting. Terrific experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best yet!HSfoodieDined on 11/14/2014This was our best experience yet at The Hive. The food was outstanding and the service from our waiter was top shelf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible brisket (all fat) and problems with billNancyVIPDined on 11/13/2014So excited to eat here, but very sad with quality of entre. Mistakes on the bill added to frustration.
- thank youOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014All staff have been remarkably helpful and friendly. Beautiful hotel and excellent dining.Special Features:
- Hive ReviewYummyDined on 11/9/2014This was the first time dining here. I am vegan but they accommodated my request of "no cheese." I had the fennel salad, potatoes, and squash soup. My husband had the waffle. Everything was tasty. The staff was exceptionally friendly and knowledgable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodCriticVIPDined on 11/8/2014Terrific food and excellent service. Best meal on our recent trip to Arkansas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014The food was delicious. The salt brined pork chop was flavorful and tender. The pecan pie with buttermilk ice-cream was better than Mom made. We did not leave a bite. The sides and salads were good but the meat and pie were the best. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cocktails were the bestMaryAnneDined on 11/7/2014I had the Belle gone Bad. I am not a big drinker but love to try new things at new places. Most delightful. Great flavor, alcohol did not overpower. Arkansas Trail mix was fun and different, salty and sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic!MokeVIPDined on 11/7/2014Dining at The Hive was a treat on so many levels. We had fun! Our waiter was very engaging without being overbearing. He was interested in us, and laughed with him. It was fun to see the penguins travel from table to table (thanks to wait staff - not on their own). I thought it was lovely that they placed us - two girlfriends - in a corner so we both had a booth seat. I noticed across the room another pair of women, similarly seated. That's just thoughtful! The food is beautiful, inventive and delicious. We scheduled our visit so we enjoyed the docent-led tour of the special exhibit of art (Fridays at 5). It was so enlightening and fascinating. A wonderful spot all around for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected for BentonvilleSatisfiedfromMemphisDined on 11/6/2014The inventiveness and farm-to-table experience was quite unexpected in this Western Arkansas town. The ambiance rivaled any top-notch northern California restaurant. The food was creative, healthy and delicious. The wait staff was attentive and sincere, making us feel as though they really cared to provide an excellent experience for us. Knowledgeable and NOT PRETENTIOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect evening!tulsacartripDined on 11/6/2014Four of us were staying at 21C and booked a table at The Hive, never having been there. What a treat! We had a perfect evening from the cool vibe of the restaurant, to the excellent meals (all four were more than pleased with entrees, salads, soups, dessert, bread....everything), attentive wait staff. I would definitely go again next time I'm in town. The green penguins are a fun touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trys a little too hard.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014The best part is that you're surrounded by high-quality art. 21C always goes with art that's very meticulously done; you never say, oh, I could have done that. It's also accessible enough to be enjoyed by about anyone, but also has an intellectual edge to it. You usually can see what the artist is getting at. The service is very nice, all of the people who wait on you are knowledgeable and friendly. They obviously like where they work. Unfortunately, while the food is interesting, I think they try a little to hard to be unique. Yes, brine the pork chop, but if you brine it too long it just tastes over salted. Yes, pecan pie can be overly sweet, but if you cut back on the filling and put in too many pecans the nuts can be overpowering, too.Special Features:
- Weekend RetreatTravelerDined on 11/1/2014My wife & I had drinks & dinner twice, & breakfast once at The Hive during a long weekend stay at 21c. The bar experience was absolutely great! Interesting, unique, excellent cocktails & snacks; great service. Overall, the dinner experience was very good. The food was very good, & wine & service were outstanding. However, the noise level was high, & the close proximity of other diners left much to be desired; a private conversation was impossible. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment; great service, but the selection was limited, so-so, & over-priced. A better choice for breakfast is the nearby Press Room, which is about 3 blocks from 21c; better selection, better tasting, better pricing...worth the walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big City FeelHickCritic2014Dined on 10/27/2014I have been to every NWA restaurant and there isn't one that has a bigger "cool factor" than The Hive. The food is "OK". It's not great - it's not horrible. I just expected more. The bar scene is pretty cool - probably your best chance at running into someone famous in NW AR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BozoDined on 10/25/2014A bit too noisey for an older person with hearing aides. Food menu was to. Avant-guard for the other couple. I enjoyed the chicken dish with grapes and kale. But. For the less venturesome diners, there needs to be more mundane offerings.Special Features:
- Uneven, DisappointingCarnerosNeighborDined on 10/23/2014Three of us loved the appetizers (pork belly, cavatelli, butternut squash soup), but the main courses were uneven and surprising. I certainly did not expect my "winter squash" to be covered in hot chili pepper and therefore, unacceptably spicy, but the pork chop it was served with was exquisite. My friend's chicken was dry in places, other friend's panisse did not taste like acorn squash as described but still tasted good. Desserts were good. Servers were very attentive and a manager apologized for the "winter squash" surprise. Overall, we had a pleasant experience, but, sadly, we will not be returning when we get back to Northwest Arkansas in the future.
- Good, needs improvementJColVIPDined on 10/22/2014Overall enjoyable dining experience with a few glitches. The food was excellent, but the wine list was lacking in moderately priced offerings. Bothersome details include limiting the bread offerings to 1 piece of (very good) cornbread and taking the bottle of wine we ordered across the room where we had no control of when we wanted a refill (this resulted in having our last refill long after we had finished our main course).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elke24Dined on 10/22/2014The food was presented well and the service was very very accommodating. I really felt our server and the manager and the others in the restaurant went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied. We are connoisseurs of fine food and I really appreciated that the preparation and menu were by a chef with experience and pizzazz!Special Features:
- distination eateryzoeeDined on 10/20/2014Interesting menu, heavy on meat. Nice ambiance. Very tasty.Special Features:
- Dining with penguinsKarenDined on 10/18/2014The gourmet food at 21C is pricey and excellent: nteresting combinations of ingredients with a distinctly southern flair. The restaurant is attached to a good quality modern art museum, and you can wander around with your beverage while awaiting your table. If you ask, you can dine with a 4' tall lime green penguin, and you can see several diners doing so throughout the night. The penguin gimick exists at all 21C restaurants (now in 4 cities). Friendly staff added to our fun-filled evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpretentious & Outstanding!KittylongDined on 10/18/2014Notably, one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long while. A throughly enjoyable evening; the food stands on its own. Everything was good from the cornbread and sorghum butter to the green apple cotton candy. We loved the unprentious atmosphere, this restaurant is all about the food. Highly recommend the butcher plate. We were disappointed that they had sold out of the pork belly but looking forward to trying it next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe They Just Had An Off Night...WillTravelforFoodDined on 10/18/2014We had saved our appetites all day anticipating a special dinner at the Hive. You might assume the limited menu here would indicate they focus on doing a few things very well - but out of a table of 6, not a single person enjoyed their meal. Scallops were tough. Burger ice cold - even after being sent back and the $26 roast chicken entrée was the size of a chicken tender. Seriously, 3 of us ordered this: one got a small breast, the other two were both HALF that size. The dining room is large - perhaps too large (if full) for the kitchen to "get it right".
- If you're lucky...McFishDined on 10/11/2014you'll have a penguin as a dinner guest. :) The food and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- The BestPoppyDined on 10/10/2014We had a great dining experience. Food was excellent and we were joined by one of the green penguins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatmanduDined on 10/9/2014We love this restaurant! Matthew McClure's devotion to local food sources does not limit his culinary sophistication. Dinner at The Hive is a must for anyone visiting Bentonville. The pork chop is outstanding (and I NEVER order pork chops in restaurants). The seasonal vegetable panisse entree is always delicious. Desserts are phenomenal. The menu changes seasonally, so diners are always assured of impeccably timed and themed meals. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- cheerhogDined on 10/9/2014To our delight the special was a rich, filling gumbo. Five of our party of six ordered it and the one who didn't was sorry ! The chef uses local fresh ingredients and the results are astonishing. We had a great time visiting because the noon crowd was quiet enough we could actually hear each other -a difference from today's noisy loud restaurants.Special Features:
- DisappointedDinerDined on 10/8/2014Although the food is good and it has potential, we were disappointed by the adjacent diners who were conducting a business meeting using their brightly lit computer screens which were glaringly brightly on our table. We asked our waiter if he could ask them to dim it but the assistant manager told us he could not ask a customer to do that. We assumed they wanted their business over ours. They should have moved them to a corner table or more private area. It spoiled our evening which we had looked forward to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Know what you likeNoDuckLoverDined on 10/7/2014Everything was lovely. Beet salad the best I've ever had. Service impeccable. But we both ordered the duck special and found out we just don't like duck! And it was very salty. I'm sure duck lovers would have appreciated it; we shouldn't have been so adventurous. Not the chef's fault, except for the the salt. But when we didn't eat much of it, waiter asked about it and came back and offered a complimentary dessert. How gracious! We would go back, but order an entree where we are at least familiar with the meat! The experience was delightful.Special Features:
- Live at the HiveReviewswithCharlieDined on 10/4/2014Great hotel restaurant! Fantastic food, except for the pimento cheese appetizer, which is just a little above ordinary. Fun atmosphere with modern art on the walls and interesting lighting. Waiter apologized for the very slow service, telling us that it was their busiest night since opening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/1/2014This seemed like it could be a great place but the chef insists that meats be cooked rare without concern for what the customer wants. The menu was interesting and provided some unique dishes.Special Features:
- price doesn't fit service leveldatenightDined on 9/26/2014food was good at price point but the service is seriously lacking in knowledge of food preparation and didn't provide an experience that made us feel like coming back back. Service was similar to a chain restaurant - we left disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experiencebunnygirlDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant came highly recommended for the food and interesting art pieces. It did not disappoint! A simple breakfast of eggs, sausage, grits and home-made biscuit was delicious and very filling. The museum pieces were interesting to look at afterward. And of course - the penguin.... It was a little hard to find, due to the confusing street signs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceEatalotDined on 9/21/2014So glad to see a restaurant of this caliber and imagination. The food and service was great. I liked the creative, modern twist to the dining area, but the spaces are too large, and it feels like you're eating in an airport cafeteria. The lack of intimacy will not bode well when looking for a special place for dinner, which is just too bad, because the food and service are certainly worthy of it.Special Features:
- Awesome ambience, romantic yet chicDianaDaleHughesDined on 9/20/201421C is a fabulous boutique hotel and the Hive was an added bonus. Excellent cocktails and knowledgable, helpful and very top-notch service. I was a bit disappointed in the menu, as entree choices were very limited, but the appetizer we chose, local cheese platter was exquisite, loved the honey and caramelized pecans and the other accoutrements. Once again what it lacked in the food department the cocktails more than made up for, my fave was a concoction w tequila called the "little lion man". As it was a Saturday and later, appx 8, was a bit louder than expected so will dine earlier our next stay. Hope to see a larger menu then also!Special Features:
- Great restaurantBeeMackDined on 9/19/2014Our server Megan was the best. Service was attentive, timing was perfect, our party of six had an enjoyable dining experience. Love the energy in the bar and restaurant.Special Features:
- YesarkrazorDined on 9/19/2014Overall yes, must visit however it was a little disappointing this visit. The Hive is a wonderful restaurant however this visit the menu was limited and we were a little disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Cornbread was a surprise and very good. Also the Bibb lettuce salad and pimento cheese spread were delicious. We didn't realize the pork bellies were so fat; however the lean was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Everything was delicious (unique and fun with the penguins). So nice to have a special place to look forward to for a special evening - so few left today. Brings back memories of the same sort of place as Justine's in Memphis ........ Thank you for providing this !!!!!!Special Features:
- A great place to eatGJLFGDined on 9/18/2014As in the past this was a great place for dinner and not TOO loud for a change. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Not good food...GREAT Food!!EggndartDined on 9/13/2014We spent the weekend at the 21C Hotel and ate breakfast and a lovely dinner in the Hive restaurant. They had healthy options as well as decadent options (Chocolate Satisfaction). The Poached eggs with cheddar and bacon grits and tomato jelly were a breakfast favorite. The service at breakfast left something to be desired, but our dinner waitress was on the ball and did a great job. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.