The Hive at 21c
200 NE A Street
Bentonville, AR 72712Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hive at 21c
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thehivebentonville.com/
- Phone: 4792866575x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Lounge & Bar:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - Midnight
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
*Late night menu until Midnight - 7 days a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew McClure
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re hosting a big business dinner or
a foodie fete with family and friends, the Private
Dining Room is a comfortable, welcoming setting
for groups of up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Celine Peruzzi 4792866518x
A word from The Hive at 21c
Located at 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, The Hive emphasizes the unique culinary identity of Arkansas, while articulating chef Matthew McClure’s approach to refined country cuisine. Showcasing the region’s farmers and culinary landscape, chef McClure's menus stay true to the High South, highlighting ingredients such as black walnuts, freshly milled corn meal, hickory smoked hams, peaches, melons and sweet onions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Hive at 21c - Best Restaurants in Bentonville ›
The Hive at 21c reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)special occasion (65)vibrant bar scene (52)neighborhood gem (51)hot spot (45)notable wine list (34)good for groups (32)romantic (30)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)scenic view (5)Show More
- Awesome ambience, romantic yet chicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/201421C is a fabulous boutique hotel and the Hive was an added bonus. Excellent cocktails and knowledgable, helpful and very top-notch service. I was a bit disappointed in the menu, as entree choices were very limited, but the appetizer we chose, local cheese platter was exquisite, loved the honey and caramelized pecans and the other accoutrements. Once again what it lacked in the food department the cocktails more than made up for, my fave was a concoction w tequila called the "little lion man". As it was a Saturday and later, appx 8, was a bit louder than expected so will dine earlier our next stay. Hope to see a larger menu then also!Special Features:
- Great restaurantBeeMackDined on 9/19/2014Our server Megan was the best. Service was attentive, timing was perfect, our party of six had an enjoyable dining experience. Love the energy in the bar and restaurant.Special Features:
- YesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Overall yes, must visit however it was a little disappointing this visit. The Hive is a wonderful restaurant however this visit the menu was limited and we were a little disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Cornbread was a surprise and very good. Also the Bibb lettuce salad and pimento cheese spread were delicious. We didn't realize the pork bellies were so fat; however the lean was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to eatGJLFGDined on 9/18/2014As in the past this was a great place for dinner and not TOO loud for a change. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Not good food...GREAT Food!!EggndartDined on 9/13/2014We spent the weekend at the 21C Hotel and ate breakfast and a lovely dinner in the Hive restaurant. They had healthy options as well as decadent options (Chocolate Satisfaction). The Poached eggs with cheddar and bacon grits and tomato jelly were a breakfast favorite. The service at breakfast left something to be desired, but our dinner waitress was on the ball and did a great job. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic late night dinnerRomance43eDined on 9/12/2014Very unique, fun dining experience. We had late reservations, right before the kitchen closed at 10:30, but we still got great food and great service. Original cocktails, craft beer, interesting dishes! What an adventure. Not to mention the art is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique, museum dining....Art4youDined on 9/12/2014Might as well have been in New York, Vancouver or L.A. The cutting edge art collection that you dine amongst...the cocktail list, the fresh, local very varried menu was a surprise. Basil citris sorbet, Sour Apple Cotton Candy....Cucumber infused gin with lime.... Your not knocked out by the hippness....The Arkansas friendly vibe, understated chic, a calm and low key ambiance. Went back three times over the weekend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hive @ 21CjaqirDined on 9/10/2014The restaurant is in hotel 21C also an art gallery. A beautiful place to dine. The food is locally produced, with a few exceptions. The mussels and oysters to start were a special and tastely prepared. The pork chop was huge and delicious and cooked to perfection. The shrimp was made with lentils and chow chow, the grouper was fresh and great ( I was told). A great place. The pecan pie yummy. Fine wine list. Ask for a penguin !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueMcGrawDined on 9/7/2014Excellent Red Grouper ! Also wonderful pecan pie and zucchini cake. We liked the open kitchen set up and the unique overall décor and ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, not greatLuvnwaDined on 9/6/2014After reading accolades for the chef, we were not overly impressed with our dinner. While it was good, our expectations were high. What was superb was the appetizer of house fries with pan gravy. It was like cheese fry heaven. If the rest of the meal had lived up to those fries, we would be raving in this review. However, our entrees were just good. We has the pork chop and the grouper. The pork chop was cooked medium(suggested by the chef) but was nearly room temp by the time it was served. The best thing on the plate were the red beans. Very flavorful. The grouper was good and had a good broth, but again was not spectacular like we expected. I also had the Tequila Mockingbird cocktail which was very good but not worth the $10 price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful gemdfewmomDined on 9/5/2014A great place to bring out-of-town guests. Unique venue with friendly personnel and lots of great art to view. Food choices are limited, but tasty and well presented. Somewhat pricey for everyday dining, but great for special occasions.Special Features:
- Better than expectedGoodDined on 8/31/2014I didn't have low expectations for The Hive, but I didn't expect to have one of my better meals of the past year or two at the Hive. Everything was cooked perfectly, the service was great, and the cocktails were spot on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseMarMarDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is such a treat! Inside the gorgeous 21c hotel, this is the place to go in Bentonville and they are very fortunate to have it. This chef knows what he is doing, from the simple but delicious lettuce and sorghum viniagrette salad to the 25 minute egg, to the deboned quail, to the awesome shrimp and red peas. Unique and delicious. Nice complimentary wine list as well, and excellent service. The hotel manager and the restaurant manager both visited the table to assure satisfaction and we were satisfied indeed! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern comfort food and serviceChinissaDined on 8/28/2014Great regional and local ingredients wrapped into flavorful and tasty entrees and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With friends at The HivewuzagreattimeDined on 8/22/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the first dining experience at The Hive. The food was wonderful. One person didn't enjoy the bacon jam on her sandwich, but the catfish and buttermilk chicken dishes were outstanding. The server was helpful with the menu, personable and pleasant. And when our dessert was too frozen to cut into, the price was deleted from the bill (we still devoured it....picking it up with our fingers....delicious).Special Features:
- Loved this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The only reason I put a 3 under ambiance was of how close the tables were together if you were at a table for two. I understand wanting to fit more tables but I felt like I was having dinner with two other strangers..and the guy was a creep. I wish that they would have at least been sat at an empty one a few tables down but I worked at a restaurant and I know how thought out the seating chart can be. I just couldn't focus on my own date because I was weirded out by the date happening next to me. Other than that I'm in love with the food and the atmosphere and our service was the nicest lady ever. Just please move the tables a bit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KansasfoodieDined on 8/13/2014We ate at the Hive because we were staying in the hotel. It is over-priced for the quality of the food.
- Little less casualHensAusDined on 8/12/2014Neat, modern layout. Open cook area could be viewed or you could sit in another area. Casual is certainly in at this restaurant but at these prices it would be nice if they would at least ask male guests to remove their baseball or gimme caps.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Loved the food, would come back to try other dishes. Everyone at the table ordered different items and all enjoyed their meal. The Pimento Cheese was awesome, would come back for lunch and order the sandwich. The burger looked amazing! My husband had the pork chop and would order it again. Waiter was great, wine great and company great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterkdlosVIPDined on 8/8/2014Have eaten here several times in the past and it didn't seem as good as it has been. The music was very loud and not conducive to a good dining experience. The food was good but not outstanding. The menu hasn't changed in some time and has limited variety. The chocolate desert was outstanding however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!!EuropaFanDined on 8/3/2014We were in NWA and had heard great things about The Hive at 21C. We were not disappointed! The food was fantastic and they had a great craft cocktail menu. The service was stellar.Special Features:
- FairItsMeDined on 8/2/2014Our first time at 21 c hotel and thought it would be nice to try out the new restaurant while staying there. Found it uncrowded & convenient however the menu is limited & I found the food to be fair. Nothing so great I would look forward going back for.
- Jane StoltOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I would appreciate seeing gluten and dairy free options. Twice I have eaten something I assumed would be fine; it wasn't. The menu is creative and the presentation is beautiful. I would just like to eat it. I did appreciate the gluten free bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The HiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was, so far, the best meal I've ever eaten. The pork chop was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience was disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014The food and service were very good, but the ambience was lacking vs. what I expected. Too much light and too loud. The tile floors made all conversations loud. We dine our frequently and travel as well. For the price $95 for 2, I would choose somewhere else if I am looking for a special occasion or romantic couple meal, but again the food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A different kind of placeWalkerndDined on 7/31/2014The style and ambience has a different flavor which makes it appealing. Very nice and efficient service from the wait staff. Different and delicious food preparation.Special Features:
- Buzzing with EnergybehanclanDined on 7/29/2014I hosted a group of 7 for dinner and it was outstanding. Everyone LOVED their food and our server (Amanda) was fantastic. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastMTPecDined on 7/26/2014Met friends there on a Saturday morning for breakfast. The food was really good and our server was friendly and informative. I liked the fact that you didn't have to stick with the menu as it was written...we could switch out the way the eggs were prepared and substitute all kinds of things. The ambiance wasn't what I expected. It was a little more contemporary than I thought it would be but nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dejsignsdjdesignsVIPDined on 7/25/2014A big city restaurant inn elegant hotel in a beautiful villageSpecial Features:
- Great Placeyukon70Dined on 7/24/2014Our first time staying at a 21c museum hotel and eating at its Hive restaurant. Just a great place with excellent food, great service and nice atmosphere. Really have nothing negative to say. Even the prices were reasonable. I'll make one comment on their signature Corporate Manhatten cocktail. Very good but I prefer on the rocks. There, how's that for a negative comment! What can I say, the place is great. Holly was our waitress and she was friendly, knowledgable, and she moved the three foot green penguin close to us for a picture. You'll have to go to restaurant to understand what that is about.Special Features:
- Dinner with PenguinssimplyreddishDined on 7/23/2014Enjoyed the green penguins joining the guests. Food excellent and accommodated dietary issues. Started with Girl Gone Bad cocktail and succulent pork chops. Finished with homemade lavender ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the HiveChoy190Dined on 7/20/2014Great restaurant. You enter the restaurant from a modern art gallery, very interesting art. Food was excellent. I had pan-seared grouper, prepared expertly. The manager, John came over to introduce himself, and to insure all was ok. It was a lovely restaurant find in the small town of BentonvilleSpecial Features:
- Hidden secretSchoolrunnerDined on 7/19/2014Amazing drinks n apps. Atmosphere is fun and modern---unique drinks and food. Awesome, modern food drinks and art in unexpected location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hive Needs WorkvoodooengineerDined on 7/19/2014Food was "Very Good" but the rest is nothing special. If you in Bentonville and want a high-quality meal, this is the place, but don't expect stellar service. The wait staff are adequate, but nothing special. Your order may badly timed, or missing items. All will be corrected, but it is these little annoyances, including the wide-open noisy seating and lack of seat cushions, that make the experience less than perfect. Note: closest toilets are around the corner behind the bar. This may not seem like an important detail now, but you'll thank me later.Special Features:
- Unusual DishesBentondinnerDined on 7/18/2014The Hive had some well prepared unusual dishes that any foodie would love to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014Very pleased with the food and service for dinner. However, we returned the following morning for brunch and was most disappointed in the food and service. We had three different people attempting to serve our table--neither of which was very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovefunfoodDined on 7/12/2014A bit pricy. Food and service excellent. The restaurant was too casual for price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Menu-Good ServiceAndyVIPDined on 7/10/2014Interesting menu and good service. Unique interior. They have green penquins standing around which is highly amusing for children. Our waitress, Holly, was excellent. They bring you complimentary green cotton candy with your check. Another fun, lighthearted touch.Special Features:
- Farm to TableninerdinerDined on 7/10/2014Our dinner in the Hive was very nice. Our waiter was really good and explained everything about the menu. My complaint is that the menu is very limited. I ended up ordering two apps and they were both good and the quail could have been great except it was a little too salty and there wasn't enough of the sauce on the plate to cut the saltiness. I would eat there again. The restaurant was not too busy while we were there but we did eat on the early side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.