The Hive at 21c
200 NE A Street
Bentonville, AR 72712Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hive at 21c
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thehivebentonville.com/
- Phone: 4792866575x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30am
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Lounge & Bar:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - Midnight
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
*Late night menu until Midnight - 7 days a week
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matthew McClure
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re hosting a big business dinner or
a foodie fete with family and friends, the Private
Dining Room is a comfortable, welcoming setting
for groups of up to 40.
- Private Party Contact: Celine Peruzzi 4792866518x
A word from The Hive at 21c
Located at 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville, The Hive emphasizes the unique culinary identity of Arkansas, while articulating chef Matthew McClure’s approach to refined country cuisine. Showcasing the region’s farmers and culinary landscape, chef McClure's menus stay true to the High South, highlighting ingredients such as black walnuts, freshly milled corn meal, hickory smoked hams, peaches, melons and sweet onions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Hive at 21c - Best Restaurants in Bentonville ›
The Hive at 21c reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (92)special occasion (72)vibrant bar scene (56)hot spot (51)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (40)notable wine list (38)romantic (35)great for brunch (21)great for lunch (19)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Dining with penguinsKarenDined on 10/18/2014The gourmet food at 21C is pricey and excellent: nteresting combinations of ingredients with a distinctly southern flair. The restaurant is attached to a good quality modern art museum, and you can wander around with your beverage while awaiting your table. If you ask, you can dine with a 4' tall lime green penguin, and you can see several diners doing so throughout the night. The penguin gimick exists at all 21C restaurants (now in 4 cities). Friendly staff added to our fun-filled evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unpretentious & Outstanding!KittylongDined on 10/18/2014Notably, one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long while. A throughly enjoyable evening; the food stands on its own. Everything was good from the cornbread and sorghum butter to the green apple cotton candy. We loved the unprentious atmosphere, this restaurant is all about the food. Highly recommend the butcher plate. We were disappointed that they had sold out of the pork belly but looking forward to trying it next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe They Just Had An Off Night...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014We had saved our appetites all day anticipating a special dinner at the Hive. You might assume the limited menu here would indicate they focus on doing a few things very well - but out of a table of 6, not a single person enjoyed their meal. Scallops were tough. Burger ice cold - even after being sent back and the $26 roast chicken entrée was the size of a chicken tender. Seriously, 3 of us ordered this: one got a small breast, the other two were both HALF that size. The dining room is large - perhaps too large (if full) for the kitchen to "get it right".
- If you're lucky...McFishDined on 10/11/2014you'll have a penguin as a dinner guest. :) The food and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- The BestPoppyDined on 10/10/2014We had a great dining experience. Food was excellent and we were joined by one of the green penguins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatmanduDined on 10/9/2014We love this restaurant! Matthew McClure's devotion to local food sources does not limit his culinary sophistication. Dinner at The Hive is a must for anyone visiting Bentonville. The pork chop is outstanding (and I NEVER order pork chops in restaurants). The seasonal vegetable panisse entree is always delicious. Desserts are phenomenal. The menu changes seasonally, so diners are always assured of impeccably timed and themed meals. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- cheerhogDined on 10/9/2014To our delight the special was a rich, filling gumbo. Five of our party of six ordered it and the one who didn't was sorry ! The chef uses local fresh ingredients and the results are astonishing. We had a great time visiting because the noon crowd was quiet enough we could actually hear each other -a difference from today's noisy loud restaurants.Special Features:
- DisappointedDinerDined on 10/8/2014Although the food is good and it has potential, we were disappointed by the adjacent diners who were conducting a business meeting using their brightly lit computer screens which were glaringly brightly on our table. We asked our waiter if he could ask them to dim it but the assistant manager told us he could not ask a customer to do that. We assumed they wanted their business over ours. They should have moved them to a corner table or more private area. It spoiled our evening which we had looked forward to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Know what you likeNoDuckLoverDined on 10/7/2014Everything was lovely. Beet salad the best I've ever had. Service impeccable. But we both ordered the duck special and found out we just don't like duck! And it was very salty. I'm sure duck lovers would have appreciated it; we shouldn't have been so adventurous. Not the chef's fault, except for the the salt. But when we didn't eat much of it, waiter asked about it and came back and offered a complimentary dessert. How gracious! We would go back, but order an entree where we are at least familiar with the meat! The experience was delightful.Special Features:
- Live at the HiveReviewswithCharlieDined on 10/4/2014Great hotel restaurant! Fantastic food, except for the pimento cheese appetizer, which is just a little above ordinary. Fun atmosphere with modern art on the walls and interesting lighting. Waiter apologized for the very slow service, telling us that it was their busiest night since opening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/1/2014This seemed like it could be a great place but the chef insists that meats be cooked rare without concern for what the customer wants. The menu was interesting and provided some unique dishes.Special Features:
- price doesn't fit service leveldatenightDined on 9/26/2014food was good at price point but the service is seriously lacking in knowledge of food preparation and didn't provide an experience that made us feel like coming back back. Service was similar to a chain restaurant - we left disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experiencebunnygirlDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant came highly recommended for the food and interesting art pieces. It did not disappoint! A simple breakfast of eggs, sausage, grits and home-made biscuit was delicious and very filling. The museum pieces were interesting to look at afterward. And of course - the penguin.... It was a little hard to find, due to the confusing street signs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceEatalotDined on 9/21/2014So glad to see a restaurant of this caliber and imagination. The food and service was great. I liked the creative, modern twist to the dining area, but the spaces are too large, and it feels like you're eating in an airport cafeteria. The lack of intimacy will not bode well when looking for a special place for dinner, which is just too bad, because the food and service are certainly worthy of it.Special Features:
- Awesome ambience, romantic yet chicDianaDaleHughesDined on 9/20/201421C is a fabulous boutique hotel and the Hive was an added bonus. Excellent cocktails and knowledgable, helpful and very top-notch service. I was a bit disappointed in the menu, as entree choices were very limited, but the appetizer we chose, local cheese platter was exquisite, loved the honey and caramelized pecans and the other accoutrements. Once again what it lacked in the food department the cocktails more than made up for, my fave was a concoction w tequila called the "little lion man". As it was a Saturday and later, appx 8, was a bit louder than expected so will dine earlier our next stay. Hope to see a larger menu then also!Special Features:
- Great restaurantBeeMackDined on 9/19/2014Our server Megan was the best. Service was attentive, timing was perfect, our party of six had an enjoyable dining experience. Love the energy in the bar and restaurant.Special Features:
- YesarkrazorDined on 9/19/2014Overall yes, must visit however it was a little disappointing this visit. The Hive is a wonderful restaurant however this visit the menu was limited and we were a little disappointed with the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Cornbread was a surprise and very good. Also the Bibb lettuce salad and pimento cheese spread were delicious. We didn't realize the pork bellies were so fat; however the lean was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Everything was delicious (unique and fun with the penguins). So nice to have a special place to look forward to for a special evening - so few left today. Brings back memories of the same sort of place as Justine's in Memphis ........ Thank you for providing this !!!!!!Special Features:
- A great place to eatGJLFGDined on 9/18/2014As in the past this was a great place for dinner and not TOO loud for a change. We will return soon.Special Features:
- Not good food...GREAT Food!!EggndartDined on 9/13/2014We spent the weekend at the 21C Hotel and ate breakfast and a lovely dinner in the Hive restaurant. They had healthy options as well as decadent options (Chocolate Satisfaction). The Poached eggs with cheddar and bacon grits and tomato jelly were a breakfast favorite. The service at breakfast left something to be desired, but our dinner waitress was on the ball and did a great job. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic late night dinnerRomance43eDined on 9/12/2014Very unique, fun dining experience. We had late reservations, right before the kitchen closed at 10:30, but we still got great food and great service. Original cocktails, craft beer, interesting dishes! What an adventure. Not to mention the art is great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique, museum dining....Art4youDined on 9/12/2014Might as well have been in New York, Vancouver or L.A. The cutting edge art collection that you dine amongst...the cocktail list, the fresh, local very varried menu was a surprise. Basil citris sorbet, Sour Apple Cotton Candy....Cucumber infused gin with lime.... Your not knocked out by the hippness....The Arkansas friendly vibe, understated chic, a calm and low key ambiance. Went back three times over the weekend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Hive @ 21CjaqirDined on 9/10/2014The restaurant is in hotel 21C also an art gallery. A beautiful place to dine. The food is locally produced, with a few exceptions. The mussels and oysters to start were a special and tastely prepared. The pork chop was huge and delicious and cooked to perfection. The shrimp was made with lentils and chow chow, the grouper was fresh and great ( I was told). A great place. The pecan pie yummy. Fine wine list. Ask for a penguin !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueMcGrawDined on 9/7/2014Excellent Red Grouper ! Also wonderful pecan pie and zucchini cake. We liked the open kitchen set up and the unique overall décor and ambiance of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, not greatLuvnwaDined on 9/6/2014After reading accolades for the chef, we were not overly impressed with our dinner. While it was good, our expectations were high. What was superb was the appetizer of house fries with pan gravy. It was like cheese fry heaven. If the rest of the meal had lived up to those fries, we would be raving in this review. However, our entrees were just good. We has the pork chop and the grouper. The pork chop was cooked medium(suggested by the chef) but was nearly room temp by the time it was served. The best thing on the plate were the red beans. Very flavorful. The grouper was good and had a good broth, but again was not spectacular like we expected. I also had the Tequila Mockingbird cocktail which was very good but not worth the $10 price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful gemdfewmomDined on 9/5/2014A great place to bring out-of-town guests. Unique venue with friendly personnel and lots of great art to view. Food choices are limited, but tasty and well presented. Somewhat pricey for everyday dining, but great for special occasions.Special Features:
- Better than expectedGoodDined on 8/31/2014I didn't have low expectations for The Hive, but I didn't expect to have one of my better meals of the past year or two at the Hive. Everything was cooked perfectly, the service was great, and the cocktails were spot on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful SurpriseMarMarDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is such a treat! Inside the gorgeous 21c hotel, this is the place to go in Bentonville and they are very fortunate to have it. This chef knows what he is doing, from the simple but delicious lettuce and sorghum viniagrette salad to the 25 minute egg, to the deboned quail, to the awesome shrimp and red peas. Unique and delicious. Nice complimentary wine list as well, and excellent service. The hotel manager and the restaurant manager both visited the table to assure satisfaction and we were satisfied indeed! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern comfort food and serviceChinissaDined on 8/28/2014Great regional and local ingredients wrapped into flavorful and tasty entrees and sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With friends at The HivewuzagreattimeDined on 8/22/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the first dining experience at The Hive. The food was wonderful. One person didn't enjoy the bacon jam on her sandwich, but the catfish and buttermilk chicken dishes were outstanding. The server was helpful with the menu, personable and pleasant. And when our dessert was too frozen to cut into, the price was deleted from the bill (we still devoured it....picking it up with our fingers....delicious).Special Features:
- Loved this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The only reason I put a 3 under ambiance was of how close the tables were together if you were at a table for two. I understand wanting to fit more tables but I felt like I was having dinner with two other strangers..and the guy was a creep. I wish that they would have at least been sat at an empty one a few tables down but I worked at a restaurant and I know how thought out the seating chart can be. I just couldn't focus on my own date because I was weirded out by the date happening next to me. Other than that I'm in love with the food and the atmosphere and our service was the nicest lady ever. Just please move the tables a bit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KansasfoodieDined on 8/13/2014We ate at the Hive because we were staying in the hotel. It is over-priced for the quality of the food.
- Little less casualHensAusDined on 8/12/2014Neat, modern layout. Open cook area could be viewed or you could sit in another area. Casual is certainly in at this restaurant but at these prices it would be nice if they would at least ask male guests to remove their baseball or gimme caps.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Loved the food, would come back to try other dishes. Everyone at the table ordered different items and all enjoyed their meal. The Pimento Cheese was awesome, would come back for lunch and order the sandwich. The burger looked amazing! My husband had the pork chop and would order it again. Waiter was great, wine great and company great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterkdlosVIPDined on 8/8/2014Have eaten here several times in the past and it didn't seem as good as it has been. The music was very loud and not conducive to a good dining experience. The food was good but not outstanding. The menu hasn't changed in some time and has limited variety. The chocolate desert was outstanding however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and service!!EuropaFanDined on 8/3/2014We were in NWA and had heard great things about The Hive at 21C. We were not disappointed! The food was fantastic and they had a great craft cocktail menu. The service was stellar.Special Features:
- FairItsMeDined on 8/2/2014Our first time at 21 c hotel and thought it would be nice to try out the new restaurant while staying there. Found it uncrowded & convenient however the menu is limited & I found the food to be fair. Nothing so great I would look forward going back for.
- Jane StoltOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I would appreciate seeing gluten and dairy free options. Twice I have eaten something I assumed would be fine; it wasn't. The menu is creative and the presentation is beautiful. I would just like to eat it. I did appreciate the gluten free bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The HiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was, so far, the best meal I've ever eaten. The pork chop was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.