The Hills Bar and Grille
6810 N. Rochester Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48306Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hills Bar and Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thehillsbar.com/
- Phone: 248-652-4455
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 2:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Nies
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering packages available for any number of people. Private chefs, delivery and beer & wine available.
- Private Party Facilities: Catering packages start at $10/pp. We offer a private mezzanine area that can seat up to 50, overlooking the restaurant and bar area. Please call us to schedule an appointment to get a guided tour of our facilities and to go over your needs. We regularly host wedding and baby showers, rehearsal dinners, surprise birthday parties, holiday parties, election night parties, fantasy football drafts, sports team functions, baby showers, bachelor/bachelorette parties, corporate meetings & presentations, retirement parties, homecoming events, school reunions and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Jon Robinson 248-652-4455
- Entertainment: DJs Friday & Saturday Nights. Other special event entertainment varies.
A word from The Hills Bar and Grille
Welcome to The Hills Bar & Grille. Located in Papa Joe's Plaza, The Hills delivers a unique experience unlike any other in southeast Michigan. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, or our late night menu in our breathtaking ambiance. Thirty foot ceilings, a two story fireplace, three outdoor patios, a mezzanine for private parties, 30 High Definition televisions and Oakland County's largest High Definition projection screen are just some of the many amenities that The Hills has to offer in a family friendly atmosphere. At night The Hills transforms into Rochester's top upscale nightlife venue, with a vast martini and cocktail menu and food served until 2am.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Hills Bar and Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014The Hills is a great place to meet friends, and have a good meal. Staff is very friendly, and service is great. I will recommend to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 106 reviews are from the The Hills Bar and Grille reviews archive.
- Good for a quick mealDaveVIPDined on 2/9/2014I expected better. We had a good waitress, and the food was good. Good. Not great. Limited menu, and more like a pub instead of what you'd expect looking at the website. Still, it was good with fair prices. Somedays that's all you need.I would recommend this to a friend.
- staff trainingFoodieDined on 1/12/2014We have dined here many times and the service has always been good. I think the waiter we had was new. When we arrived we promptly ordered pancakes and bacon for our 3 year old. When the bill came the charges for his meal were for the adult portion. I asked her about this and huffed at me and walked away. She came back with the corrected bill, but felt the need to mention that my son had not received the childrens pancakes he had the adult portion. She than walked away. Mistakes happen, what bothered me was the attitude. I guess I should have specified that we wanted the children's meal for a 3 year old.
- Overall a great experience...FoodieDined on 10/18/2013Overall a great experience... the food was great and service was great too! The only problem that didn't meet my expectations was that I did request for a booth via the OpenTable, and we got sat at a high-top table. It seemed as if the young hostess didn't even know it was a request!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brought out-of-towners..JasonCDined on 10/18/2013Made a reservation for 7:30, showed up a few minutes late, but table was held. Had the mac & cheese with Ham & bacon as an appetizer for 4 of us. It was delicious. For our entree, 2 of us had the 'special' bone in pork chop. It was terribly dry, and basically flavorless. This is in stark contrast to the meatloaf I've had there before, that was great.Special Features:
- An interesting mix......jancDined on 9/1/2013Met friends on a return visit to Michigan. Menu includes a good variety...from foodie to pub fare. Tried the broccoli & cheese omlette, egg white wrap & pastrimi sandwich. All were excellent. The atmosphere is different than I expected...TV set up all over. We sat in a booth near the waitstaff's staging area. Its a good thing we were deep in conversation because it was a noisy place to sit with carts rolling by and busman balancing way too many dishes to keep them all in the air. It took a while to order and there were no refills on water, tea, etc. Liked the food so will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday Burger SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2013The Hill's Tuesday burger special can't be beat. Yummy burger with fries and a beer. What could be better for $6.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Great Food or Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013My husband and I have gone to The Hills many of times and usually always rave about it. This time our food was not good. The coleslaw that came with my fish and chips seems like it was days old. My husband ordered a chicken BBQ pizza in which there was not BBQ sauce on it. When we had asked for it our waitress said they were out even though we just had an appitizer with BBQ sauce on it. This would have been nice to know as he would have ordered something else. I had rewards on my loyalty card that I had forgotten about and when I asked our waitress if she could re-run it she explained the process to us but also said it would take some time. In other words I don't want to! If a customer asks you to do something of that nature you do it.
- I always enjoy The Hills asGoToFavDined on 6/28/2013I always enjoy The Hills as a favorite neighborhood dining choice. I do not hesitate to bring my friends and out of town guests. The service and food are always good. At first I found the noise a bit of an irritation and detriment to conversation , but eventually acclimated and enjoyed the energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go To PlaceGoToFavDined on 5/17/2013The Hills is always our first choice to take our guests. Our grand kids love it as do our friends. We always choose The Hills to dine out with our out of town guests. Love the ambiance !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentFreddymaDined on 5/11/2013The Hills consistently provides good food and great service.Special Features:
- Very loud and noisey. HaveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Very loud and noisey. Have been there twice. My daughter and her husband live around the corner. They brought us there both times.There were tons of kids sat. the 27th. My daughter has a 3mth. old who we brought with us. I'm sure will be back many times. I liked that we able to make a reservation for 5:45 because we were also meeting another couple from New Baltimore. We were six adults one Baby. Everyone seemed to enjoy the food, it was just a little loud for us talking.Nice menu,good selection.Special Features:
- Food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Food and service were very good as usual. Have always had an enjoyable dining experience at Hills Bar and GrilleSpecial Features:
- Modern Day all american fareskalwaniDined on 3/1/2013A nice place - plenty of seating, I had a nice spot nice the fireplace. Food was good and service also good.Special Features:
- Food and service always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Food and service always great. Favorite Friday destination.Special Features:
- Gone there a number of timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013Gone there a number of times and it usually really good, though it seems like quality is going down, while the prices are going up. Very expensive for very average good and average service. Far better restaurants in town.Special Features:
- Pure Discust!asantiDined on 2/5/2013HIGHLY disappointed. I took my family and we ordered a few appetizers’. I had to ask for plates to go with my appetizers. When we received our steaks, wow, terrible. Charred with absolutely no seasoning on it. Not even a pinch of salt. I complained and the manager and he actually brought out a bowl of seasonings for me to season my steak with! Yes, no lie. Too add to it he made a rude comment and was very condescending when he brought the seasoning over. No apology, no percent off the bill just simply handed me seasoning and walked away. We will NEVER go back and I have made sure to spread the word about this place so others don’t experience the rude service and terrible food. If you need to dine in that plaza go to Silver Spoon
- Food was great and the overallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Food was great and the overall experience was good. We were sat next to the fireplace which was perfect for my wife who is always cold.Special Features:
- Not worth your time or money.GPWericDined on 11/2/2012Our party of four was looking forward to a good meal. When we saw the menu we were hard pressed to make a choice because everything looked great. We waited quite a while for the server to come to the table; that should have been a warning. We ordered drinks and our meals and then waited over 30 minutes for the semi-warm food to arrive. The waiter never asked me if I wanted another beer and did not check on us to see how the meal was delivered. If that was not bad enough, each couple's bill was over $60. I paid $25 for my filet and could have had a better steak at Chili's. Very disappointed.
- Always a great evening whenmakemyreservationDined on 10/19/2012Always a great evening when we go there. Friendly staff and owners make it feel like a community.Special Features:
- I was there on a date on SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012I was there on a date on Sunday 5:00 pm and was not very busy and food came out very quick and was very good and was quiet but as the evening want on the restaurant became busy and noisySpecial Features:
- Went to this place for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Went to this place for brunch because it was one of your choices in our ares. We were disapointed because they stopped serving brunch over a year ago. You might consider updating your information. We drove about an hour one way to have breakfast not brunch. Other than that place was good overall.
- Suprisingly Good Food!!!HogHeavenDined on 7/28/2012We had a great experience at the Hills. Very nice staff, good service and the food was suprisingly good!! We will definatley be visiting the Hills more often.Special Features:
- Disappointed in the food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Disappointed in the food, Fish taco's were very fishy tasting :( Service was outstanding
- It's a nice restraunt in aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012It's a nice restraunt in a popular location. The food is good, and the service is outstanding! You need to ask for a little time between your appetizer and main coarse, other wise you don't have tIme to enjoy your appetizer.Its a great location with a sports bar setting, and the is never much of a wait! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Great Brunch! Tried bothOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/14/2012Great Brunch! Tried both the Bananas Foster French Toast and the Athena Omlette. Aside from the Omlette being more of a scramble than an omlette (which didn't bother me, but might bother others), the food was wonderful!Special Features:
- Great Place To Frequent.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/9/2012This place is a great place to go. Great beer selection for Michigan crafted beer. Food is very good. Have not had a bad meal yet. Great summer time hang out. Especially after golf!Special Features:
- We eat at The Hills frequentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2012We eat at The Hills frequently and have always had good food and good service. Made our most recent reservations using OpenTable. Table was ready when we arrived, including the two kids menus we requested. We were very impressed and will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Our order had to be returnedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/26/2012Our order had to be returned twice and was wrong again the second time.
- I had the chicken FajitasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012I had the chicken Fajitas and appreciated that the kitchen was able to make them with just onions as I am not a pepper fan. My husband loved the Stir Fry. Have always enjoyed a good meal each time we have dinned here. Service is always good. If you have room for dessert, you must try the brownie with ice cream - delicious! Big enough to share!Special Features:
- Great for watching the gameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Great for watching the game on multiple big screensSpecial Features:
- There was a clear disconnectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012There was a clear disconnect between making the confirmed reservation through Open Table because when we arrived, the restaurant did not receive the information. But they were very nice and took care of us.Special Features:
- The dinner was great, as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/31/2012The dinner was great, as usual. The staff and Management are wonderful. We usually get my son the large pizza sticks to go, he loves them.Special Features:
- Great Meal for the Price!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/28/2012My family and I have gone to the Hills on several occasions for dinner and have always enjoyed our meals. This was our first time going for breakfast and I was impressed with the selections that they had to offer. They kicked everything up a notch at breakfast. They offer a nice selection of house specialties as well as pancakes, french toast, omelets, and standard breakfast fare. My favorite had to be the potatoes! You have to try them. Get there before 10 for the 3 Egg Special.Special Features:
- Convienent and close to homeColleenDined on 1/21/2012Convienent and close to home but it seems lately that there is always something that goes wrong each time we are there. This time a member of our party who ordered the filet was served what I can only guess as a top sirloin at best but the manager insisted they flatten the filets to cook them more evenly...A filet is tenderloin and that was not tenderloin. Had it been my dinner, I would have requested something else for the $25 it cost.Special Features:
- We had a good meal and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/17/2012We had a good meal and service. My husband and I go to the Hill's every Tuesday evening.Special Features:
- We've been dinning at TheTravelNFoodDined on 1/2/2012We've been dinning at The Hills since it opened several years back to find that every time we visit, the food gets worse in quality. This time my husband and I ordered hamburgers (regular and Piedmontese meat, respectively). Mine was so oily, that I wondered if the meat was the premium one I had paid for. Although they were large and cooked to order (not over cooked), there was much left to wish for. The amount or quality of the toppings did not match their steep price. I ordered "wild mushrooms" for a $1.50 and swiss cheese to find that the later was mostly not there and the former were white mushrooms. Greatest disappointment was the lettuce and the tomatoes which looked like I just ordered a Burger King hamburger. Not gourmet at all.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good service, NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/30/2011We like The Hills. The location is terrible, it's really hard for us to make the drive there so we don't frequent it as often as we'd like. And it's loud. Really loud. So it's absolutely the wrong place to go when we need a quiet relaxing dinner for the two of us. But the food is consistently good, the service is almost always great and, if we are OK with the idea of a loud bar scene, we go, expecting a good time and good food.Special Features:
- Food good, Service good, HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Food good, Service good, Happy Hour Specials GREAT! Only off key note was that the meal was delivered by someone other than the waitress who had no idea which meal was for whom and which piece of meat was to what doneness. She stood pondering every plate before handing them out.Special Features:
- Service was so slow we leftOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011Service was so slow we left before ordering food. Our drinks came back not as ordered. Would not go back.