The Herkimer Pub and Brewery
2922 Lyndale Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
The Herkimer Pub and Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theherkimer.com/
- Phone: 6124441959x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch & Dinner: Daily: Noon - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Omar Gillego
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Shuffleboard and various bar games
- Special Events: Reserve "Shuffle Lane" anytime for a private shuffleboard party. EVA's Garden is available for up to 30 for a cocktail style party or a seated dinner.
- Cross Street: Lake & Lyndale
- Public Transit: Lyndale and Lake Street on the 4 line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available on both Lyndale Avenue and Aldrich Avenue.
A large city lot is located on the East side of Lyndale behind the Jungle Theater. Blue Apartment building has paid public underground parking available at 2922 Aldrich Ave South.
A word from The Herkimer Pub and Brewery
Established in 1999, the Herkimer Pub & Brewery is located at Lake & Lyndale in Uptown, Minneapolis.We brew small batch craft beer, serve award-winning food and have become a local neighborhood favorite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Herkimer Pub and Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Bar Food With a TwistUNFSocProfVIPDined on 8/29/2014Met here on a Friday night to catch up with old friends and family. Our server did an excellent job accommodating our large group, especially as we were coming and going at different times. The restaurant provides tasty, affordable bar food. Many of the menu items are familiar, but with a twist. This ensures that a diverse crowd, like ours, can find something to please. I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed the tomato soup with grilled cheese bites.Special Features:
- Great food and service!MplsMamaDined on 7/18/2014We went to the Herkimer on a Friday evening for a family dinner (2 teenagers and a 4 year old). Husband and 2 teenagers ordered the chicken and waffles and raved about how good it was. I ordered the nachos and they did not disappoint- they were huge and everyone was able to give them a try. The only disappointment was that there was really nothing for young kids to eat, but not that surprised given that it is more of a bar than family restaurant. We did bring in some food for the little one and the server was fine with it.Special Features:
- Good beer you can't take homeshikimoDined on 7/15/2014The Herkimer has been around Uptown/Lynlake a long time and needs to introduction: the beer is fantastic, the service friendly, and the food is solid pub fare (nothing mind-blowingly amazing, but it's perfect for the beer and the atmosphere). It's also a just far enough from central Uptown to skip both the parking hunt and long waits. The last time we were there they were out of several entrees, but that can happen anywhere. More serious is the fact that you can't take the beer home in growlers: for a true microbrewery, this is an inexplicable shot in the foot. The explanation from the waiter: the owners have another place that sells take-home alcohol up the street, and that one cannot own two such places within a certain number of feet.Special Features:
- Excellent Happy Hourforester13Dined on 7/3/2014The Happy Hour prices are great. The fish taco was excellent and the onion rings were good. Wine was mediocre so would recommend go for the 2fer well drinks or beer. Great pre-Jungle Theater eating choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgerTheatergoerDined on 6/21/2014Great meal, good local place. Ate there before our Jungle Theater date.Special Features:
- SP88Dined on 5/30/2014Herkimer's burgers are FROZEN PATTIES. I was completely underwhelmed by the food, especially since there are other Pubs with much better food (Red Cow, Town Tap, Buster's --please when will you open again?). Beer good, not really unique. I'm a Town Tap fan all the way--won't be trekking down to Herkimer any time again. Sorry.
- The following 60 reviews are from the The Herkimer Pub and Brewery reviews archive.
- BINGOScientistDined on 5/11/2014Great choice for Mother's Day brunch. All the girls got a flower - beers were enjoyed by all - food was perfect. But the highlight was BINGO. We didn't win, but sure had fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Last minute decision to head out for Brunch on Mother's Day lead us to Herkimer's. We have been there in the evening many times but never for brunch. The food was awesome! We will definitely be back for brunch again soon!Special Features:
- German beersupersonic410Dined on 5/2/2014The staff were quick to seat us. Thanks to the Open Table reservation system there was no waiting at all even though it was a busy Friday night! You can definitely tell they make beer here. The tall vats can easily been seen throughout the restaurant. Several beer options are available. The menu is limited and the pretzel bread flat-bread pizza is a must try. Outdoor seating is available. Street parking only. Vibrant are of Uptown!Special Features:
- Great Uptown Ambience!UptownNewbie5Dined on 4/24/2014I am new to the Uptown bar/dining scene and wasn't sure where to have dinner with my Mom but wanted her to get the feel for Uptown's energy. This was a GREAT choice and I will most definitely be returning very soon! With it being a local brewery, the beer selection was great (albeit a little overwhelming for a newbie like me)! The waite staff were wonderful, explaining the different tastes in beer and returning to our table only a few times to check on us (my Mom and I don't see each other much so we love to sit & talk and getting interrupted every five minutes can get very annoying). Overall, we both loved it!Special Features:
- Get the burger; skip the appetizerscrawfordviolinDined on 2/2/2014I went here to watch the Super Bowl. They put out a large screen, which was perfect. The waitress was really great, making sure that we were able to take advantage of the happy hour. We got three appetizers, all fried, and perfect for the game. Next time, I will get the burger. They looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fun timeslauraDined on 2/1/2014Everything was great, service, food, etc... The only problem for us, and although I realize it is a bar, we went early enough (6pm), we thought so we could enjoy a dinner with our almost 6 year old son. It was too loud... But I understand...so all and all, it was a great way to celebrate my husband's birthday! Thanks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday night visitalmostwickedDined on 1/30/2014Good house brews & tasty pub food. Not a lot of space for larger groups, but cozy for meeting a couple friends for beers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret and great beerCynthaninaDined on 1/24/2014Herkimer has been around for a long time and I have NO idea why I have not been there until now. Cute little retaurant/pub with an excellent selection of their own beers and a great happy hour (2 for 1). Specials on generous appetizers and a yummy all you can eat fish fry on Fridays for $12! Be sure to check out the game table in the back and get in a game of Scrable or Taboo. Friendly staff and excellent service. VIP/loyalty card too. LOVE this place!Special Features:
- Not what I was expectingiLogosDined on 12/28/2013Had equal parts brew pub and sports bar vibe going on. A number of tvs with "the game" on. Probably the best place to go watch a local or important sports game, beers looked great, but I was there for brunch and it wa definitely not the vibe I was looking for. Also, they "ran out" of hollandaise sauce for a 10:30 brunch... when I arrived there was no more than a dozen people in the place. What gives? I'll be back for brews and food (which was very good). Unlikely to be back for brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood barStacyDined on 12/14/2013Excellent service....and $2 beers to celebrate their 14th anniversary. good times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudIMDVineDined on 12/14/2013I have to say the service was excellent at The Herkimer, but that's about the only plus. The place was way too noisy with the loud music to have any type of normal conversation. Food was decent, not exceptional. There really wasn't much of a draw to the place. I like the funny name: The Herkimer. I probably won't go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Delicious but LoudRieahhhDined on 11/22/2013As expected of a brewpub, the beer menu was the highlight of the meal. Pub fare was solid - our party enjoyed several different burgers, Mac & cheese and beer-cheese soup. The most unusual presentations were the salads - a Caesar served in about 1/4 of a head of romaine, like a little boat full of croutons and other goodies, and an iceberg wedge (really the full head split in thirds) served with apples, raisins and thin onion rings. Delicious! Drawback: On a Friday at 7:30 the place is NOISY. We were glad to be shown to a corner booth. Sadly, mounted above our booth was a speaker blaring out music to the entire room. Our party of 6 couldn't hear across the table. We skipped dessert and went somewhere quiet instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing bloodys!! I reallyYumyumDined on 11/17/2013Amazing bloodys!! I really appreciated the manager accommodating my friends and I. I made a reservation and the app didn't block the reservations to reflect the changed Packer game time, but they still honored our reservation. She did a great job to get us set up at the bar and then sat at the next available table. Will definitely come back!!Special Features:
- Pre Jungle excursionBBENDined on 11/15/2013Arrived in time for Happy Hour. They were already out of our first choice of beer, so we tried something else. Our party of four all enjoyed their dinners. Our only complaint was the noise level, which was incredibly LOUD. Quite off-putting. We won't be back for dinner, maybe for a beer.
- good burgers and beerjominneapolisDined on 10/5/2013We love Herkimers' sweet potato fries and burgers. Their more hoppy beers, made in house, are also great. I like that they offer you samples of several beers before you choose one. The only drawback for us was the loud noise level (at only 6:30 p.m.) which made it hard for our group to talk.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceAlexisDined on 9/29/2013The music was god awful (hip-hop), but the beer was good and they where very generous with the tots that came with my meatless burger. I like that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watery, runny "blue cheeseluv2eatDined on 9/29/2013Watery, runny "blue cheese dressing" with stale wings. "Salad" that accompanied sandwich was lettuce ("right out of the package"). Period. Very limited menu. Poor quality.
- nice surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2013We choose Herkimer's strictly based on location. We expected a noisy crowd and so-so bar food. But we were pleasantly surprised. The food was above bar food, good beer selection and very good service. We could actually hear ourselves talk. Our wait staff that evening was personable, knowledgeable, attentive and above average.Special Features:
- Mothers Day BrunchDavisDined on 5/12/2013Made reservation for Mother's Day Brunch via Open Table. However, Lyndale Ave location did not have a single high chair or booster to accommodate infant under 1. Had to leave and find alternative. Cannot accurately comment about Food, Service, etc.
- Service Top Notch Food OKJackVIPDined on 5/11/2013Our waitress was fabulously attentive and energetic without being over bearing. The food was good, but not spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKdfjhDined on 5/11/2013Average food overpriced. This was my first time here and most likely last.
- Good food and service. WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2013Good food and service. Waitress helped us pick out our beer selection. The parking is awful in this neighborhood. Wish someone would build a parking ramp instead of more highrises.Special Features:
- Food was very good. ComvenientThomasDined on 4/27/2013Food was very good. Comvenient location for the Jungle Theater. Parking adjacentSpecial Features:
- The beer was great and theGolfNujt722VIPDined on 4/25/2013The beer was great and the burgers were ok. I asked mine be cooked well and it came out medium. Quite noisy atmosphere but it looked like a great hot spot for the younger crowd. Service was very good.Special Features:
- We are not quite the bar pubOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013We are not quite the bar pub types but the service was friendly and we enjoyed our dinner with happy hour beers. They are asupports of aliveless project. That says a lot.Special Features:
- The Herkiburger and BelgianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013The Herkiburger and Belgian brew were great. My friend thoroughly enjoyed her Montecristo.Special Features:
- The omelets and country potatoesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2013The omelets and country potatoes were absolutely delicious and I'm looking forward to returning to try those again, as well as other items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great service-nice neighborhood barOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013We enjoyed our night out at Herkimer's, although we would not rush back. It seemed to be a great neighborhood bar, but not a "destination" dinner for us. Parking in that area of town is hard to find, so that was not a good beginning for the evening. The bean burger was really good, and we would highly recommend the sweet potato fries; the regular burger was good, but nothing special. Beer was good, although we did not find anything that we would gush over. However, we did love the whiskey flight with beer chaser - original, and a highlight for my friend who loves whiskey. The service was first-rate, from the hostess to the waiter, and including the bartender. Even in a crowded, noisy situation, we felt like we got special attention.Special Features:
- Love Herkimers! Have goneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Love Herkimers! Have gone many times for happy hour. Their Club sandwich is the best! Beer is always great. Hope to see more GroupOn opportunities.Special Features:
- The Herkimer Pub and BreweryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013The Herkimer Pub and Brewery is a fun minnesota bar that has good food, great happy hour specials, fun atmosphere and, of course, great beer! We enjoyed our time there and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The food was average. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013The food was average. We were there for lunch and were disappointed that they were out of what we wanted to order. Love checking out different local brews and found a couple great ones.Special Features:
- great food, beer and service...onlyjcditzelDined on 4/5/2013great food, beer and service...only thing that could make it better would be free parking!Special Features:
- The food was good and a goodPatVDined on 4/5/2013The food was good and a good value. The restaurant is in a happening location. We went across the street to the Jungle Theater after and the entire evening was fun.Special Features:
- We needed a reasonably-pricedWoodrumbDined on 3/31/2013We needed a reasonably-priced place, with a solid menu, that would take reservations for a group of 10 for Easter Brunch. The Herkimer delivered 100% on these three requirements, and offered great tasting brunch and lunch menu options to us (with our 5 small children). The Herkimer is a pub and brewery (by name) so if we were looking for something different we should have gone somewhere else. The ONLY drawback I didn't realize beforehand (though I've been there at night) was that most of the Herkimer's seating consists of high tops or booths, which isn't great for kids or large groups. We were able to squeeze into a larger booth in the back, which worked out, but would have been nice to spread out a bit more.Special Features: