The Herkimer Pub and Brewery
2922 Lyndale Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
BreweryPrice: $30 and under
The Herkimer Pub and Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theherkimer.com/
- Phone: (612) 444-1959
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch & Dinner: Daily: Noon - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Omar Gillego
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Shuffleboard and various bar games
- Special Events: Reserve "Shuffle Lane" anytime for a private shuffleboard party. EVA's Garden is available for up to 30 for a cocktail style party or a seated dinner.
- Cross Street: Lake & Lyndale
- Public Transit: Lyndale and Lake Street on the 4 line.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking is available on both Lyndale Avenue and Aldrich Avenue.
A large city lot is located on the East side of Lyndale behind the Jungle Theater. Blue Apartment building has paid public underground parking available at 2922 Aldrich Ave South.
A word from The Herkimer Pub and Brewery
Established in 1999, the Herkimer Pub & Brewery is located at Lake & Lyndale in Uptown, Minneapolis.We brew small batch craft beer, serve award-winning food and have become a local neighborhood favorite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Herkimer Pub and Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- We needed a reasonably-pricedWoodrumbDined on 3/31/2013We needed a reasonably-priced place, with a solid menu, that would take reservations for a group of 10 for Easter Brunch. The Herkimer delivered 100% on these three requirements, and offered great tasting brunch and lunch menu options to us (with our 5 small children). The Herkimer is a pub and brewery (by name) so if we were looking for something different we should have gone somewhere else. The ONLY drawback I didn't realize beforehand (though I've been there at night) was that most of the Herkimer's seating consists of high tops or booths, which isn't great for kids or large groups. We were able to squeeze into a larger booth in the back, which worked out, but would have been nice to spread out a bit more.Special Features:
- Tomato Soup for Two- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/30/2013Herkimer Pub and Brewery is just plain good! My husband and I went there on a Saturday night. Our absolute favorite was the tomato soup for 2 with grilled cheese bites! Those were outstanding and it was presented in a fun way. The burgers are delicious- we enjoyed the sliders and the pork sandwich. The tator tots and sweet fries were crispy and full of flavor. What a great find!Special Features:
- Be prepared to yellJensDined on 3/23/2013I came to Herkimer with a group of 9 people. We had reservations at 7pm on a Saturday and were seated in the bar. (This is definitely a bar with food as an afterthought.) The music was impossibly loud. We had to shout across the table to hear one another, which was really disappointing considering we all hadn't seen (and rarely see) on another for a long time. I asked if we could be moved into the restaurant and the waiter said it was just as loud in there! The food was okay: wings, quesedillas, and burgers like any other place. Sweet potato fries were like the ones I make at home out of bag. Bor-ing. The tater tots were great. Wait staff took a LONG time to get to us. I would NOT go back.Special Features:
- The menu was simple with goodalisagDined on 3/22/2013The menu was simple with good variety, and we thoroughly enjoyed the food - especially the tomato soup and grilled cheese bites. Loud boys playing games were a bit obnoxious.Special Features:
- I took my boyfriend here forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, along with some other friends. he got a free beer for his birthday.food and service were good. They have a shuffleboard table on site, which was a lot of fun.Special Features:
- A friend and I had dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2013A friend and I had dinner here recently before a show at the Jungle Theater across the street. It was a Tuesday, and shouldn't have been a problem night, but service was mixed. The host was actually quite attentive, but our server took a LONG time getting to our table, and was generally slow with all aspects of the service. A fair number of people were there (good crowd for a Tuesday night!), though sound really rattles around in the restaurant so it was a little hard to have a conversation. I would say that the food was average - nothing bad, but nothing particularly special. I think their best food is the 'pub fare' - sandwiches, burgers, etc. I have also enjoyed breakfast there on weekends. The beer is also quite good.Special Features:
- Nice Beer,S L O W ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013We enjoyed our food, (popcorn shrimp & el puerco sandwhich) but the restaurant was understaffed and we waited almost 15 minutes for our first round of drinks and had to flag down a hostess to get us water. The music was so loud we had to shout to converse. The beer was excellent.Special Features:
- Their in-house beers are great,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Their in-house beers are great, but the food leaves a little to be desired. With such a limited menu (basically burgers and sandwiches), I would expect their burgers to be outstanding...they are not.Special Features:
- Our group of four had a backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013Our group of four had a back booth which was nice as it helped to reduce the noise volume which was very loud in the rest of the bar area so we could carry on conversation. Food was great but both the Fish and Chips and spaghetti and meatballs were already OUT when we ordered at 6:30 p.m. on a Saturday. The service was great - very timely and attentive without hovering.
- Overall it was good. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/23/2013Overall it was good. It was more bar than restaurant, which wasn't expected... so a too noisy for a saturday night family dinner. I don't blame the Herkimer for that however... prob. a mismatch on our part. Was there with a Groupon. Had a great chicken wild rice soup. Their special burger (Herkimer Burger) was overdone and a pretty thin patty (about twice that of a McDonalds burger). Son's cheese burger was also overdone. Mac and Cheese looked great. Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup combo was very good. Beer was good.
- Great service. Even thoughGribbsDined on 2/22/2013Great service. Even though the early evening scene is more for a neighborhood bar crowd, they are very accommodating for kids. Very friendly staff who check on you frequently. Great mac and cheese dish our son loved.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2013The food and service were very good. But the music was way too loud. We could hardly carry on a conversation amongst the six of us. We also were only able to sit at high-top tables, which is very uncomfortable for people who are short or have lower back problems. Your reservation site should allow for a group to pick one of the two lower tables that are available.
- Excellent beer brewed on site.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Excellent beer brewed on site. Good food, their prior menu was better.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to be....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2013The food has gone downhill. Perhaps the companies expansion had caused them to cut back. What used to be semi-fancy food has become mediocre. Our Po' Boy Sandwich was incredibly dry. Menu lacks inspiration. Hope they can improve!Special Features:
- I scheduled a group of 12MelBeeDined on 2/15/2013I scheduled a group of 12 for my boyfriend's Birthday here. The table was ready to go when we got in and overall we had a nice experience. The food was good, but not great (I do not recommend the wings). The beer was quite good though. My main complaint is that we had a coming and going party that was quite large and regularly we all had empty glasses. We had to flag down a wiater (any we could find) to get any further service after the first hour.Special Features:
- This was the first time I'dOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013This was the first time I'd used OpenTable as well as the first time I had been to The Herkimer Pub and Brewery. I had made a reservation for 3 using OpenTable about 30 minutes from the time we desired to show up at the Pub, and I received a confirmation of the reservation. However, upon arriving at the Pub the hostess had no details of our reservation, and needed to have us wait a few minutes before she was thankfully able to slip us into a few seats together at the end of the bar as a couple paid their bill and left. Despite that fact (which may very well be a flaw in the reservation system that allowed the reservation to be made with such short notice), the staff was very accommodating to our group. Good food, great beer!Special Features:
- The speaker next to our boothOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2013The speaker next to our booth was blown which made the loud music more obnoxious. If three volume was one third the volume, or no music, I would have a higher rating. Unfortunately though, it was too loud to comfortably carry on a conversation. Otherwise, food was good, beer was great and service was average.
- Ok. Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013The menus was extremely boring with a few different bugers, fish and chips, and some standard pub sandwiches.
- Big birthday surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Made a reservation for 18 for my fiancés birthday dinner and they handled it like champs! All the tables were ready and even though we only had one server he was attentive and no one was ever waiting for drinks. We also had our food within 20 min of ordering which I think is amazing considering there were 18 of us on a Saturday night. Beer was good, atmosphere was good, people were good. HIGHLY recommended!!
- The Herkimer was very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013The Herkimer was very accommodating to our large group and the server did a great job keeping everyone's bills straight.
- Good food, good drinks andlouiseinMSPVIPDined on 1/26/2013Good food, good drinks and good service plus a fun atmosphere creates a great bar. This is The Herkimer. I know the outdoor seating is popular in the summer months. I look forward to my next trip.Special Features:
- Though we made reservations,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Though we made reservations, they were not needed. There is a big sign that says to seat yourself and how to seat yourself. We were happily surprised at the amount of food we received when we ordered the tator tots. The shuffleboard is a great selling point and we had a lot of fun with it. The beer was average, but the mixers were strong. Overall, not bad. We would return when we are in town again.Special Features:
- Herkimer Didn't Honor ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/12/2013Immediately after the Packers won their playoff game against the Vikings I went online and made this reservation for 6:30p the next Saturday, about 30 minutes before the next Packers game. We got to the bar and it was packed. I went to the bar and inquired about my reservation. The bartender said, "We don't take reservations during the game." I told her I had one and showed it to her on my phone. I asked what she could do and she again said, "We don't take reservations during the game." Again I showed her my phone. She said that they had called or emailed everyone who had a reservation to cancel them. Well they didn't cancel mine.
- They are a big GB Packer barOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012They are a big GB Packer bar and our reservation was for gamday. Because of this the reservation didn't really work out. We decided to stand and have a few drinks, the atmosphere is great.
- great bar...awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2012not the usual "bar food". food and beer were great and the shuffle board game was fun:-) servers were nice and fast!Special Features:
- Came from Wisconsin to watchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012Came from Wisconsin to watch the Packer game. Drove through a blizzard to get there. Nachos were very good. Energetic crowd and good service.
- The menu is small but theTinsterDined on 11/23/2012The menu is small but the food is good. Because they have a microbrewery, the restaurant doesn't offer regular beer such as Budweiser. I can't remember the name of the kind I tried but I asked for the closest to Bud Light and it was very good.