542 W. 27th
New York, NY 10001Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theheathnyc.com/
- Phone: 2125641662x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: Opens at 6:00pm
Offering Dinner, and Late Night Dining
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, English
- Executive Chef: R.L. King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nightly live Jazz ensemble
Friday and Saturday late night live band
- Special Events: For inquiries for special events, please email email@example.com.
A word from The Heath
THE HEATH serves a classically inspired modern take on American and English cuisine in an elegant railway station. The Heath features live Jazz ensemble seven nights a week for dinner and the MCKITTRICK HOTEL'S house band, HEATHENS on weekend late nights.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
The Heath - Best Restaurants in Chelsea ›
The Heath reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (44)hot spot (32)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (24)fit for foodies (23)late-night find (21)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fortune favours the bold...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014An evening at The Heath effectively suspends your life outside its doors. Ambience and food balanced comfortably with service that maintains the flow through period jazz, song and setting. The Mandalay bar session added cinematic showtime to polish off a delightful visit. Who knows, maybe on your visit there will be cabaret in the restaurant and burlesque in the bar. The Heath never fails to serve up a delightful surprise.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014This place was an amazing experience! Highly recommend for a fun night out!Special Features:
- AmazingVioletBlueDined on 8/27/2014I've never had an experience like this, ever. The Heath has incredible food, exquisite cocktails, outstanding atmosphere, terrific jazz (which doesn't dominate the atmosphere), and all at the same time it's like you're in some incredible 1940s film -- where you're warmly welcomed into a delightful storyline. There's nothing in the world like this place. Hail the wolves <3Special Features:
- WOW!beebyanDined on 8/23/2014Quite the dining experience...to say the least! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Heath rocks!DininginNYCDined on 8/15/2014Such a wonderful atmosphere, great food, and very unique experiences! Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- explorenycDined on 8/14/2014Very attractive, unique atmosphere, romantic, vibrant, smart. Too many reserved tables at the Gallow Green Bar so that there was no place to sit for customers waiting for dinner reservations. the Wait staff was excellent, accommodating, and interesting. Food is terrific. Overall price about $120/person for dinner all in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Date NightPutsukDined on 8/14/2014Go here for a perfect date night. The atmosphere was incredible and would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Nightfrostyw98Dined on 8/6/2014I came here on a recommendation from a friend who routinely enjoys the Sleep No More production next door. I'm not much for the interactive theatre, but she recommended that I try out the Heath and the Gallow Green next door. While I was down in New York City for a business trip, I made it a point to stop in. Being only a party of one, it was difficult for me to get a table here, but the bar ably handled my drink and dining needs excellently. I recommend any drink off the menu, and I can also vouch for the lamb entree and bread pudding dessert. I will definitely be bringing my date here the next time I return to New York City, and maybe we'll even dress to the theme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestinghickDined on 8/2/2014The best place to eat before "Sleep No More" Priority check-in for the show Enjoyed my special phone call.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sophisticated, Vintage FeelDevondinesoutDined on 7/26/2014This was my SO's first time in NYC and I wanted to take him somewhere unique, and that's certainly what we got! The decor and ambience of the restaurant is quintessential 1920's jazz club (with live band). Actors from "Sleep No More" circled the room in their white-tuxedos and exquisite gowns (accessorized with martini glasses) looking for "old friends." When we took our seats we were invited to participate in a lottery drawing while we looked at our menu's. We started with a cheese plate accented with dried apple slices and honey. My gin and tonic was on point!I would highly recommend one of their pies (I chose beef & ale), it was warm with a flaky crust and hearty pieces of beef. Spectacular and beyond memorable. The Heath is a MUST!Special Features:
- Amazing Experience all around!KittyKatVIPDined on 7/26/2014Amazing night w visiting guests! Mysterious, smokey Jazz Bar ambience, superb service, talented Singer/Band, 1930s Glamour, all perfection! We felt immersed in a mysterious dream! I wouldn't expect less from The Sleep No More/McKittrick Hotel. Thanks 4 a night of mystery, suspense, delicious food, & 1930s glamour! Dishes: the beef pie was succulent, scallops tasty & delicate, light 4 dieters, the pork chop w peaches, tasted of summer, bread was served w a honey-pepper butter! Bill for the food & experience was reasonable, considering the quality food, jazz band & chanteuse, and friendly service. Of note, I recommend to request that they engage you in the dream/play. If u get lucky & get a call or envelope, answer it, stay in character :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere but food lackingMikeDined on 7/25/2014Ambience is outstanding. Owners work the restaurant engaging clients and are dressed in formal attire. THey make the evening. I am sad to report, however, that the food is mediocre at best and extremely pricey.Special Features:
- ModerateMad0911Dined on 7/18/2014Although the food is not amazing, the ambiance is energetic I got the opportunity to sit in the private dinning car with my date and the experience was calming, romantic and extremely intimate.Special Features:
- A wonderful surprise!DavidVIPDined on 7/17/2014I didn't expect much. After all, it was just a quick bite before seeing Sleep No More yet again. But the food was marvelous! Many of the vegetables are grown on the roof and the food was excellent. It would have been a fine meal even without the incredible ambience. ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique placejefflissVIPDined on 7/4/2014We just went for dinner but apparently this restaurant is linked to the McKittrick Hotel which is the site of an immersive theater experience which overflows a bit into the restaurant. Still quite enjoyable. Live jazz was playing while we were there. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBeinsteinVIPDined on 6/28/2014First Time at The Heath The atmosphere was amazing The food was excellent and drinks strong Service was impeccable and the the theatrical experience was perfect Plan to come back againSpecial Features:
- So good, almostOmniverDined on 6/27/2014Overall a fantastic night out at the Heath, great service, phenomenal music. The *only* thing that killed it for us was both my wife and I ordered the lamb breast which while having a wonderful flavor, was essentially the tiniest portion of meat surrounded by a pile of fat. Nearly inedible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful AnniversaryMariZachDined on 6/26/2014Got to the hotel early to check out the rooftop bar which was beautiful but way too crowded. Retreated downstairs to the bar at the Heath. Very nice vibe and great drinks. We were seated at the exact time of our reservation. The jazz band was fabulous and not too loud, allowing for easy conversation. The wait staff was very responsive. Two staff members approached the table and asked us to put our names on a playing card for a dessert raffle. We had fun talking with them. Dinner was absolutely fabulous. Started by splitting a salad which was great. Then had the Sea Scallops and Flatiron steak. Both were absolutely delicious. Dessert was the sticky toffee cake accompanied by cappuccino...both winners. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Gatsby Meets The Addams FamilyOxy55Dined on 6/26/2014Dinner AS theater. Strong on ambience--a 20's (or maybe 30's, if I had to nail the period) speakeasy supperclub, surprisingly good food, an odd kind of New American mixed with Old Brit. Sounds clunky, but on the plate it works. Nice oysters first, then the fish pie (like a Shepherd's pie reimagined with scallops and other seafood)-- delicious. The owners, a glamorous and theatrical young couple in gown and dinner jacket--she's a knockout, and a talented flirt--cruise and chat up the patrons. Very good straight ahead jazz from the 20's and 30's--the other night just a great solo guitarist at first, then a quartet. Perfectly atmospheric--you hear everything but it's not obtrusive. I would go back again and again.Special Features:
- De-lish!ashkay85Dined on 6/21/2014Love this place and I keep coming back for more!! Get the Burrata and the Tagliatelle Wild Mushroom!Special Features:
- DindinDined on 6/21/2014Great entertainment and ambience. The actors, musicians, design make it a totally fun night. The service from waitstaff, however, was incredibly slow. It was difficult to ask for anything. They also up-charged us from the prices listed on the menu. And we couldn't tell them because once the cheque was dropped it was impossible to grab a waiter again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paulaDined on 6/20/2014Fantastic place to go for fun, music and food. Went for my birthday and had a great and memorable night. And the waiters are hot! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating my daughter's 18th bdayXyloDined on 6/14/2014An epic experience. The staff all in character of a 1930s night club. So much fun. Already plan on going back for my youngest daughter's 18th birthday. Edward, John and other staff were very engaging. Loved the band and the whole vibe of the place.Special Features:
- Jazz and great foodDeeAnneDined on 6/7/2014The Heath is a 1930s-esque restaurant with amazing food and an atmosphere that is worth a trip to 10th ave. The service was exceptional. The owners (actually actors who are part of the atmosphere) give you personal attention, and if you are lucky there is even more to the evening. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique experience2foodiesDined on 6/6/2014We had dinner here prior to "Sleep No More." The show and the restaurant are intertwined, and the immersive theater of "SNM" began in the restaurant! The food was truly imaginative & excellent -- better than we expected -- but I think The Heath is best experienced as a prelude to "SNM."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very interesting dining experiencejsalVIPDined on 5/30/2014Went here for dinner. The terrine platter was good. The cod entree was a bit bland but the fries that came with it too salty. The nutella icebox tart was delicious but the serving too big. I normally do not have complaints about large portion sizes but it was too rich. Service was excellent. The place was a lot of fun but is not good for conversation as there is a band.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't play the lottery.MarieChristineDined on 5/30/2014(Play the lottery.) And keep your eyes and all other senses wide open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the placeCatherineDined on 5/29/2014If you like McKittrick ambiance the heath is a perfect stop for dinner before/after the show, for a drink. Always good music with live band and delicious singer. Oldies/colonial style. Gallow Green is perfect for the summer: drink, dinner on the roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have dinner after a showavocatVIPDined on 5/28/2014Eating at the Heath is part of the larger event. I think it is the better part. My vegetable "stew" was crisp asparagus and tender Fiddle head ferns in a savory ramp broth. If you do the show, do not miss the Heath.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 70 reviews are from the The Heath reviews archive.
- Get lost for a little while...FilmnikitaDined on 5/24/2014The Heath is an extension of Sleep No More, complete with the danger that you may be stolen from your party. The earlier house band is calm jazz, perfect for while you talk, the house band post 11pm is fantastic, but loud and better for dancing. The hosts are elegant rabble rousers. Despite some of our party being almost 30 min late, they held our table and didn't shoo us out. I started the night with an absinthe based "gin and tonic" that was balanced and delicious. Our server was fantastic, helping me navigate the menu for the best gluten/dairy free choices. The ham/artichoke app was tasty, my scallops in ramp broth with fiddlehead ferns was delicious and thoughtful, my friend's pork was incredible. B/w ambiance and food, great night.Special Features:
- Such a great experience!GirlzmomVIPDined on 5/22/2014The Heath doesn't fit into any category and that's what is so fantastic. I can't give away anything else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris 1920's time travel!ESTHVIPDined on 5/21/2014I've been here few times and The Heath NEVER DISAPPOINTS! Amazing experience on all level, especially the service and ambience with yummy food. It is closest thing to time travel to Paris in the 20's. Fabulous attention to detail and great entertainment! Cocktails before and after dinner at The Heath on the rooftop bar Gallow Green is magical! (Brunch was amazing BTW!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's the rushbearfood15Dined on 5/17/2014We came to the restaurant on a recommendation to hear a good jazz band and that delivered- the food was adequate, the service fine and in character to the restaurant. The drinks were less than expected- small, runny and unsatisfying. We were rushed as our entrees came before we finished our starters. We had them held and they were brought again before we were ready -totally uncool and had to have them sent back a second time. By that time the chicken was overcooked -our waiter did offer an apology -hope thsi s ithe exception and not the rule there
- The Heath is AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We will definitely be back. The ambiance, service and food were fantastic. We had reservations for the McKittrick Hotel, so, we were pressed for time, but next time we will either eat after the show or just do a dinner at the Heath. Would have loved to enjoy the live entertainment. What we saw was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014You need to be in the mood, the wait staff and other people in the restaurant are lost in some mysterious 1940's world and they will mess with you, but it was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ambiance but overpricedNanaiskebabDined on 5/9/2014The food was ok but prices are very high for manhattan. Ambiance was good. Reminds the 20's...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1920's ExperienceswalmieDined on 5/9/2014We were transported back in time to the 1920's. Jazz band and characters walk around in 1922 era attire. Great food and good music. Not too loud. Really was an amazing time.Special Features:
- Like a DreamOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014I had such a wonderful experience at The Heath! My boyfriend and I were celebrating our 1 year anniversary and after weeks of research I booked a table here. The decor is unbelievable. It felt like a dream and the service was on point. My boyfriend complained that they were overly attentive but he's crazy. The staff was also in character so it really felt like an experience rather than a meal. The food was so so but I was convinced that they infused their bread with crack because it was so addicting. I'd definitely go back with someone else who would appreciate it as much as I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favrorite places!FineVIPDined on 5/3/2014We are big fans of Sleep No More, Gallow Green and now The Heath. We had been to the bar several times but this was our first time dining and it did not disappoint. There was a 1930's style band playing sexy, sultry jazz and with the wait staff in white diner jackets. It really make you feel like you're dining at a hip and trendy venue 80 years ago. Our waiter's name was Edward (ask to be seated in his section if possible) who was charismatic, charming and attentive. He and the rest of the staff were "in character" as classy 1930's regulars which made the experience even more fun. The Heath is one of the most interesting, engaging and unusual restaurants in New York with delicious food and impeccable ambiance. It's not to be missed!Special Features:
- Amazing serviceKatieCDined on 5/3/2014If you have a choice, ask for Cillian - he was an attentive, funny, fantastic server. It was an enjoyable experience with great music. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.