The Heartline Cafe
1610 W. Hwy 89A
Sedona, AZ 86336Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Heartline Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.heartlinecafe.com/
- Phone: 9282820785x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 8:00 - 12:00pm;
Lunch: Daily: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Cline
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Award winning Catering for all occasions, ranked among the best wedding caterers by brides in a survey on www.theknot.com.
On and Off Premise locations available, including creekside, red rock views, "Tlaquepaque" Mexican architecture site and unique chapels around Sedona, Arizona.
Private dining room & garden patio available.
Restaurant Buyout Available.
Corporate Events and Weddings are our specialties.
No event too small or too large.
Available for photo/film/commercial shoots and craft services.
- Entertainment: Special Occasions, please call
- Special Events: Winemakers dinners, musical series with local virtuoso talent and themed events sprinkled throughout the seasons.
A word from The Heartline Cafe
Mystical Sedona, the home of The Heartline Cafe for 23 years. During this time The Heartline Cafe has been serving award winning cuisine in its beautiful main dining room, Fireside room and the Patio amidst luscious gardens and a spectacular view of the Sedona"s world famous red rock mountains. The Heartline Cafe serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in our exquisite dining room or patio gardens. The Heartline Cafe features an extensive wine list including many spectacular local varieties. The wait staff is meticulously trained to provide superior service assuring a fine dining experience. The Heartline Cafe has recently been named the winner of three awards in a poll conducted by Market Surveys of America. We invite you to tour our web site for additional information and pictures of the restaurant and our food at heartlinecafe.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Heartline Cafe - Best Restaurants in Sedona ›
The Heartline Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (29)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (19)special occasion (17)great for lunch (13)great for brunch (7)good for groups (7)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- A great findMimiDined on 10/19/2014We had a very nice dinner. We ordered the goat cheese tart that was recommended, and it was good except the crust was a little doughy. I ordered the crispy chicken with spinach! Loved the chicken, but I just wish the pearl couscous was a little better seasoned. It needed a kick. Tis seems like a nice, neighborly restaurant where the locals go for a special dinner. Service wasn't speedy, but we kind of liked the slower pace of our meal when we are on vacation.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were lucky to find a place open at 9:00 on Friday night and thankfully found this gem near our hotel. Food and service were great! We sat outside in their lovely courtyard under the space heaters.Special Features:
- CHUCKEATS123VIPDined on 10/14/2014very ordinary, nothing was properly seasoned. neede a salt shaker on the table.
- DaleVIPDined on 10/14/2014this place is a real treat in Sedona - very good food at reasonable prices in a charming setting.Special Features:
- Great spot in SedonaJaelDined on 10/13/2014Wonderful spot in West Sedona that has a nice patio and a great menu, with many vegetarian items as well. Great service combined with creative and delicious food. We had the butternut soup which was wonderful as was the gnocchi. The portobello tofu stack could have used a little more flavor. Poached pear was the perfect dessert. A heater on the patio, which was dog friendly, would help as it was a little cool.Overall a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after all these yearswordwomanDined on 10/11/2014When we lived here (prior to 2004) we visited Heartline regularly for lunch. Ten years later, there is now a different arrangement. The restaurant itself is only open for dinner. Still . . . it's a favorite: consistently good food, almost great! Pleasant staff, not too friendly or obsequious. Decent wine and decent prices, plus a lovely beehive fireplace to take off the chill of the latter part of the evening. The heavenly goat cheese appetizer and a generous, exceedingly fresh salad with the house Southwestern Ranch dressing would likely have done it for me, but then I would have missed the pasta special which was delicious. My husband reported the lamb encrusted with pistachios was definitely to his liking. Sadly, had to pass on dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supper at the bar - perfectpatsykbDined on 10/9/2014One of our favorite things to do when we've just returned home to Sedona is to have a simple supper at the bar at Heartline - great service, we see everyone coming and going, and we love Heartline's menu, especially since they started changing it a little every few/several months, while keeping the favorites. I had a house salad which was simple and delicious, crisp and perfect, embellished with toasted almonds and dried cranberries. My entree was a 1/2 portion of the night's pasta, gemelli with a light dijon cream sauce, spinach, mushrooms, peppers and beef tenderloin. My husband had the same salad as I did and his entree was the tortilla crusted wild salmon with red pepper sauce. Perfectly done, and enough for leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice decor, but food not so muchOrlandoDined on 10/5/2014The decor was very nice. I especially liked the tablecloth and napkin combination. However, we should have known something was going to go wrong when we kept hearing a server telling the cook that he needed to replace a chicken dish that was over cooked. I ordered the surf n turf (sirloin with scallops). The sirloin was tough, the scallops were over cooked, and I thought it was odd that it came on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes and the vegetable was potatoes and carrots. My wife found her salmon and rice okay, but her vegetables were mush. We do not recommend it.
- Big Food, Little TasteHoustonEatsVIPDined on 9/28/2014This was our second visit and whereas the first was promising, the second was a dismal failure. They were out of their signature soup, basic items like sorbet and ice cream, and key items like olives for their hummus platter. We purposely booked an early dinner to get elderly guests with us in and out without too much delay and for some reason, the food took AGES to arrive, resulting in a 3+ hr. dinner. The lamb was tough, the Miso vegetable soup was decent but nothing about it was "miso", the red cabbage with goat cheese was lackluster, the pulled pork sliders were too large for sliders and buns were just dinner rolls cut in half, and pork itself tasted like frozen food grocery-store quality; won-tons were oddly massive and mediocre.Special Features:
- Good food, nice outdoor seatingtokenDined on 9/28/2014Just happened upon this place through OpenTable and I give it a thumbs up. Sat outside in their garden and had lunch. Service wasn't exceptional, but they came around enough to make sure your drink isn't empty.Special Features:
- Great start to our Sedona vacationJeffDined on 9/21/2014Visitors to Sedona and we decided to eat here. Glad we did! Great food, attentive service. We were dressed very casually, but you could also dress up here. My wife had the pistachio-encrusted chicken and I had the sirloin. Both were great; sirloin a little gristly at one end but otherwise wonderful with a great sauce and vegetables. Desserts were superb. Waitress had about 8 tables going but she made it look easy.Special Features:
- breakfastroseDined on 9/21/2014We came for an early breakfast on our way out of Sedona. The waitress had not yet arrived and the chef told us that we couldn't be served. As we were about to leave, I assume it was the owner who came out and told us that she would serve us. She was very gracious and did serve us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fisherwomanDined on 9/20/2014Trout was so fishy tasting could hardly be eaten, filet mignon was very small and very tasty
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I have been going to this restaurant at least four times a year for the last twenty years or more. Always happy with the experience.Special Features:
- You Can't Go WrongRosmicVIPDined on 9/20/2014We dine at Heartline often. We have always had good food, often excellent food, and we have always had great service. The setting is somewhat quiet, which allows people to have a conversation without yelling.Special Features:
- Not as we remembered it.roseDined on 9/16/2014We ate dinner here many years ago and it was a gem, food was fabulous. This time we had lunch here on the patio. It looked SO shopworn, almost seedy. The food was just okay. I had the chicken salad on a croissant and it was hard to eat. The filling fell out of the limp croissant. The chicken salad was rather bland.Special Features:
- Outdoor patio dining, great foodMaddieDined on 9/13/2014On our first visit to Sedona last week, my husband and I tried the Heartline Cafe based on the positive reviews we had read. Although Open Table only indicated 6:45 and 7:15 pm reservations available, it looked like there was plenty of indoor seating. We sat outside on a small, pretty patio in the back of the restaurant. No view, but very pleasant. Service was excellent and the food was delicious. I'm a vegetarian and don't normally go for pasta, but the butternut squash and mushroom gnocci was too good to pass up. For a place that doesn't look like much on the outside and is on the outside edge of town, it was a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2014It wasn't terrible and it wasn't great. Maybe it was great 5 or 10 years ago. The menu sounded good, but the execution was just ok.
- Heartline CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I have never been disappointed with the Heartline Cafe; great food, great service and great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- like2eatVIPDined on 8/26/2014We were very disappointed with the restaurant. The ambiance, food, service, and general care of the site are worn around the edges. It could use an update.
- Worth the tripHSMITHDined on 8/25/2014The Heartline is highly recommended for a reason. We are inside due to the weather, but the patio looked lovely. Our service was great--very friendly and efficient. We started with fish tacos and lobster over blinis--both were outstanding and generous portions. We enjoyed a very good Arizona red wine. We shared the trout for dinner. I liked it very much, husband thought it was too nutty. It was from Oak Creek Canton nearby which was neat. Too full for dessert. We definitely recommend it and are very happy we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentMikeytodVIPDined on 8/24/2014We eat breakfast here every time we come to Sedona. Love the patio area!Special Features:
- Great place!AlexVIPDined on 8/23/2014This place was great and we enjoyed the food, the outdoor seating, the service and the menu! Thank you!Special Features:
- Food Ok, inside dining dingyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We may have had a better experience if we'd dined outside. The inside dining room is dark, worn and dingy. Appetizers were great, entrees were just Ok, dessert was good. Overall, food was not on par with similarly priced restaurants in Sedona. Service was excellent. Would definitely recommend for drinks and appetizers on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as beforemartyVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have to downgrade my review because of one dish. The pistachio crusted chicken breast was poor because the chicken was dry and flavorless, and the pistachio "crust" had a dry,sandy texture and taste. Admittedly, because I am allergic to pomegranate, I had the sauce on the side without pomegranate. I don't think addition of the complete sauce would have helped. The caesar salads and my wifes pasta and shrimp dish was very good. We will return because our past experience has been goodSpecial Features:
- Always a favoritescottiecraigVIPDined on 8/14/2014Our server was excellent-she knew the menu and could explain specifics about the dishes, replenished items swiftly, was pleasant and professional, in every way helpful. We enjoyed cocktails but didn't order wine. The margaritas were fine, but the mojito was excessively sour, and I sent it back for some much needed sweetening. There was an extensive wine list but only a few wines were sold by the glass. The house salad, with dried cranberries and almonds, is large and very tasty. The trout was delicious, as was the lamb, but the sushi grade tuna, promised rare, was served closer to medium than even medium rare. The creme brulee was rich and creamy. We're always happy eating here but this did not rank with the best meals we've eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heartline Cafe Sedona, AZfoodcoupleDined on 8/10/2014This is our second visit to The Heartline Cafe in Sedona. A lovely venue for a special meal.Special Features:
- Can't Go WrongRosmicVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Heartline many times. The food is always very good. The service is great. The price is reasonable. The atmosphere is nice.Special Features:
- Breakfast til 3pmJoePVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had the Crab Eggs Benedict and Lemon creme french toast- They were awesome! Service was very good, prices reasonable. If the day is right, the outdoor dining is quite good. Inside is a bit dated, plain. Yet, we would go back for the very good food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place/disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/17/20142nd visit here because the 1st was a good experience. This meal exp. was disappointing. The carafe used for water and left for refills was dirty with a discoloring film on the inside of the bottle. The cocktail glass also had particles in it (not part of the drink). We each ordered a salad, one had far too little dressing (could barely taste it) and the other had way too much dressing (completely overpowering the salad). At the time we were seated, we let the server know that we were looking to finish in time to get sunset photos at the airport (about 45 min). She said that would be enough time, but the meal came with 5 min before we needed to leave and then we had to seek her out to pay. One entree was very good, the other mediocre.
- Horrible beginning to endOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014They did not have our reservation. Our server could not describe the food, even when asked specific questions - food came out not as expected (i.e. received pressed lunch meat vs. turkey roasted on site as indicated by server before ordering). Server consistently forgot things, food took forever to come out, she mixed up our tickets. It took her about 15 minutes of us waiting while she voided, re-entered, voided, etc. to correctly charge our 2 cards. The food was bad, service the worst. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- JoJoDined on 7/14/2014Food was very good--but the service was more than slow. Took a very long time for the food to be brought to the table. All in all--I would not suggest it for lunch and can't say for dinner, although some friends love it.Special Features:
- Good intentionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014Server was sweet, helpful and friendly. Unfortunately they got my wife's order wrong and she would not ask to correct. Though hers was wrong, she enjoyed it. My salmon was seasoned nicely but dry.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningduckpDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed a perfect evening on the outdoor patio. No views of Sedona but a very pleasant green landscaped patio with fountain. Food was fantastic. We chose to dine Tapas style and was pleasantly surprised by the delicious choices. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Warm Red Cabbage, Marinated Goat Cheese Tart and the plentiful Pulled Pork and Polenta. The server was extremely pleasant and attentive. The weather was perfect. Will definitely visit the Heartline again next time in Sedona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magic GardenVisitingDined on 6/28/2014We had the most wonderful brunch experience. There were 10 of us, which is a challenge in itself and everything was great. The service outweighed overcooked eggs beyond belief. Our waitress was very kind and personable. The ambiance was like a magic garden - so cute!Special Features:
- The following 431 reviews are from the The Heartline Cafe reviews archive.
- Quiet evening with my wife.SedonaNeilDined on 6/25/2014At 7:00 pm the outdoor patio was in the shade and very comfortable. Food and service were excellent. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Excellent foodLISATFLOWERSDined on 6/24/2014Delicious food and excellent service in an inviting atmosphere....what more could you ask for!!!Special Features:
- Consistently Outstanding!DssantafeDined on 6/24/2014We have been coming to the Heartline for years. We live in So. Cal. and visit Sedona every summer. The dinners have always been amazing! Great for a special occasion! Now that they have added the delicious & affordable breakfast & lunch menus, it is even better! Delicious food at reasonable prices. The breakfast & lunch menus are relatively new so the place is very quiet especially during the week for breakfast. Don't let the lack of crowds deceive you... This place has AMAZING food!! Try it before word gets out because they are going to be incredibly busy very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we needed.Lawyermomof2Dined on 6/22/2014Splendid for our first evening in Sedona. The options were creative, plentiful and very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heartline CafeJoandFredVIPDined on 6/9/2014Our first time there. It was wonderful, food, service and ambience. We sat on the patio and had a late dinner outside. We shared 2 appetizers, the Caesar salad and the crab cakes. Plenty of food for two and delicious. Looking forward to our next trip to Sedona so that we can return to the Heartline Cafe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.