The Heartline Cafe
1610 W. Hwy 89A
Sedona, AZ 86336Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Heartline Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.heartlinecafe.com/
- Phone: 9282820785
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am, Sunday: 8:00 - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Cline
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Award winning Catering for all occasions, ranked among the best wedding caterers by brides in a survey on www.theknot.com. On and Off Premise locations available, including creekside, red rock views, "Tlaquepaque" Mexican architecture site and unique chapels around Sedona, Arizona. Private dining room & garden patio available. Restaurant Buyout Available. Corporate Events and Weddings are our specialties. No event too small or too large. Available for photo/film/commercial shoots and craft services.
- Entertainment: Special Occasions, please call
- Special Events: Winemakers dinners, musical series with local virtuoso talent and themed events sprinkled throughout the seasons.
A word from The Heartline Cafe
Mystical Sedona, the home of The Heartline Cafe for 20 years. During this time The Heartline Cafe has been serving award winning cuisine in its beautiful main dining room, Fireside room and the Patio amidst luscious gardens and a spectacular view of the Sedona"s world famous red rock mountains. The Heartline Cafe serves breakfast, and lunch at our unique Gourmet Market and dinner in our exquisite dining room. The Heartline Cafe features an extensive wine list including many spectacular local varieties. The wait staff is meticulously trained to provide superior service assuring a fine dining experience. The Heartline Cafe has recently been named the winner of three awards in a poll conducted by Market Surveys of America. We invite you to tour our web site for additional information and pictures of the restaurant and our food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Heartline Cafe - Best Restaurants in Sedona ›
The Heartline Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (23)fit for foodies (20)romantic (17)special occasion (14)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Worth the tripHSMITHDined on 8/25/2014The Heartline is highly recommended for a reason. We are inside due to the weather, but the patio looked lovely. Our service was great--very friendly and efficient. We started with fish tacos and lobster over blinis--both were outstanding and generous portions. We enjoyed a very good Arizona red wine. We shared the trout for dinner. I liked it very much, husband thought it was too nutty. It was from Oak Creek Canton nearby which was neat. Too full for dessert. We definitely recommend it and are very happy we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentMikeytodVIPDined on 8/24/2014We eat breakfast here every time we come to Sedona. Love the patio area!Special Features:
- Great place!AlexVIPDined on 8/23/2014This place was great and we enjoyed the food, the outdoor seating, the service and the menu! Thank you!Special Features:
- Food Ok, inside dining dingyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We may have had a better experience if we'd dined outside. The inside dining room is dark, worn and dingy. Appetizers were great, entrees were just Ok, dessert was good. Overall, food was not on par with similarly priced restaurants in Sedona. Service was excellent. Would definitely recommend for drinks and appetizers on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not as good as beforemartyVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have to downgrade my review because of one dish. The pistachio crusted chicken breast was poor because the chicken was dry and flavorless, and the pistachio "crust" had a dry,sandy texture and taste. Admittedly, because I am allergic to pomegranate, I had the sauce on the side without pomegranate. I don't think addition of the complete sauce would have helped. The caesar salads and my wifes pasta and shrimp dish was very good. We will return because our past experience has been goodSpecial Features:
- Always a favoritescottiecraigDined on 8/14/2014Our server was excellent-she knew the menu and could explain specifics about the dishes, replenished items swiftly, was pleasant and professional, in every way helpful. We enjoyed cocktails but didn't order wine. The margaritas were fine, but the mojito was excessively sour, and I sent it back for some much needed sweetening. There was an extensive wine list but only a few wines were sold by the glass. The house salad, with dried cranberries and almonds, is large and very tasty. The trout was delicious, as was the lamb, but the sushi grade tuna, promised rare, was served closer to medium than even medium rare. The creme brulee was rich and creamy. We're always happy eating here but this did not rank with the best meals we've eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heartline Cafe Sedona, AZfoodcoupleDined on 8/10/2014This is our second visit to The Heartline Cafe in Sedona. A lovely venue for a special meal.Special Features:
- Can't Go WrongRosmicVIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been to Heartline many times. The food is always very good. The service is great. The price is reasonable. The atmosphere is nice.Special Features:
- Breakfast til 3pmJoePVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had the Crab Eggs Benedict and Lemon creme french toast- They were awesome! Service was very good, prices reasonable. If the day is right, the outdoor dining is quite good. Inside is a bit dated, plain. Yet, we would go back for the very good food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place/disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/17/20142nd visit here because the 1st was a good experience. This meal exp. was disappointing. The carafe used for water and left for refills was dirty with a discoloring film on the inside of the bottle. The cocktail glass also had particles in it (not part of the drink). We each ordered a salad, one had far too little dressing (could barely taste it) and the other had way too much dressing (completely overpowering the salad). At the time we were seated, we let the server know that we were looking to finish in time to get sunset photos at the airport (about 45 min). She said that would be enough time, but the meal came with 5 min before we needed to leave and then we had to seek her out to pay. One entree was very good, the other mediocre.
- Horrible beginning to endOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/15/2014They did not have our reservation. Our server could not describe the food, even when asked specific questions - food came out not as expected (i.e. received pressed lunch meat vs. turkey roasted on site as indicated by server before ordering). Server consistently forgot things, food took forever to come out, she mixed up our tickets. It took her about 15 minutes of us waiting while she voided, re-entered, voided, etc. to correctly charge our 2 cards. The food was bad, service the worst. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- JoJoDined on 7/14/2014Food was very good--but the service was more than slow. Took a very long time for the food to be brought to the table. All in all--I would not suggest it for lunch and can't say for dinner, although some friends love it.Special Features:
- Good intentionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014Server was sweet, helpful and friendly. Unfortunately they got my wife's order wrong and she would not ask to correct. Though hers was wrong, she enjoyed it. My salmon was seasoned nicely but dry.Special Features:
- Pleasant eveningduckpDined on 7/5/2014Enjoyed a perfect evening on the outdoor patio. No views of Sedona but a very pleasant green landscaped patio with fountain. Food was fantastic. We chose to dine Tapas style and was pleasantly surprised by the delicious choices. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the Warm Red Cabbage, Marinated Goat Cheese Tart and the plentiful Pulled Pork and Polenta. The server was extremely pleasant and attentive. The weather was perfect. Will definitely visit the Heartline again next time in Sedona.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magic GardenVisitingDined on 6/28/2014We had the most wonderful brunch experience. There were 10 of us, which is a challenge in itself and everything was great. The service outweighed overcooked eggs beyond belief. Our waitress was very kind and personable. The ambiance was like a magic garden - so cute!Special Features:
- Quiet evening with my wife.SedonaNeilDined on 6/25/2014At 7:00 pm the outdoor patio was in the shade and very comfortable. Food and service were excellent. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Excellent foodLISATFLOWERSDined on 6/24/2014Delicious food and excellent service in an inviting atmosphere....what more could you ask for!!!Special Features:
- Consistently Outstanding!DssantafeDined on 6/24/2014We have been coming to the Heartline for years. We live in So. Cal. and visit Sedona every summer. The dinners have always been amazing! Great for a special occasion! Now that they have added the delicious & affordable breakfast & lunch menus, it is even better! Delicious food at reasonable prices. The breakfast & lunch menus are relatively new so the place is very quiet especially during the week for breakfast. Don't let the lack of crowds deceive you... This place has AMAZING food!! Try it before word gets out because they are going to be incredibly busy very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we needed.Lawyermomof2Dined on 6/22/2014Splendid for our first evening in Sedona. The options were creative, plentiful and very well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heartline CafeJoandFredVIPDined on 6/9/2014Our first time there. It was wonderful, food, service and ambience. We sat on the patio and had a late dinner outside. We shared 2 appetizers, the Caesar salad and the crab cakes. Plenty of food for two and delicious. Looking forward to our next trip to Sedona so that we can return to the Heartline Cafe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceRosmicVIPDined on 6/7/2014We have never had a bad meal at Heartline. Generally speaking the food is very good. On this last visit, the chicken marsala special was outstanding and the mocha mouse was as usual, outstanding. The rack of lamb was a little on the fatty side, but still very good. Our service was outstanding. A place where we see friends who also come to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/4/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We have now added it to our list when we stay in Sedona. My trout was great.Special Features:
- martyVIPDined on 5/30/2014just delicious food and terrific service. The lamr rack stuffed with goat cheese and dried tomato was succulent ans savory, as good as it getsSpecial Features:
- YummyFoodVIPDined on 5/28/2014We visit this fabulous restaurant every time we are in Sedona. We have been there at least a dozen times in past 10 years. Consistently excellent quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sedona VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014Visit Sedona two to three times a year. Still trying to find a stand-out restaurant, and this one was recommended. However, not up to the billing. While the cuisine here was good it was nothing special. Overall reviews seem a bit high to us. Portions too large, which actually takes away from the positioning as a gourmet establishment. Wine list average. Again, not a negative experience but perhaps just higher expectations for this location/setting.
- Delicious food, stellar serviceDeliciousNutritiousDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful experience from the moment we walked in the door until we left. Service outstanding, food is healthy, flavorful and very well prepared. It feels like a lot of care and thought goes into each element here.Special Features:
- WonderfulfrankDined on 5/9/2014One cannot go to Sedona without dining at HEARTLINE CAFE. From the outside one would never know what a fine food establishment this restaurant is.Special Features:
- Loved their appetizersIndoirishDined on 5/7/2014Both times we wanted light dinner. We had four appetizers between two of us. They were well prepared and tasted wonderful. It will be one of the place that we will dine at when we visit Sedona again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went back a second timefoodieDined on 5/2/2014We had two very good experiences at Heartline. The service was great and the food was very good. The restaurant is carpeted so it is reasonably quiet. We were there as a party of 2 and a party of 6. Excellent value.Special Features:
- The following 417 reviews are from the The Heartline Cafe reviews archive.
- Good food, but service a joke.PrescottVIPDined on 4/27/2014This was my second luncheon visit to the Heartline Cafe. I originally visited in the fall and reported poor service via OpenTable and was encouraged by the owner to try again. I did, but, unfortunately the service did not improve . . . it got worse. For an 11:45 am reservation for a party of 4, we did not receive our drinks until after 12:00 noon and our meals until 12:45 and that was without silverware . . . the silverware took another 5 minutes to obtain as our delayed food sat in front of us! The courtyard gardening needs serious attention and one party of four next to us had to have their feet covered by 12 inches of clovers and miscellanous grasses.
- Neighborhood SedonaJayfromHermosaVIPDined on 4/24/2014Despite some rather low marks we found this place really good. The service was great and the menu very good. We really enjoyed a nice quiet relaxing dinner which is not that easy to find in Sedona!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerJakalaDined on 4/23/2014We were enjoying our annual visit to Sedona and most times we have a meal at the Hearline Cafe. The specialty for the night we were there was prime rib and we both had it. Nothing exceptional, but not bad. Probably would have something else next time. Good cocktails, nice wine list, good salad, and Dave, our server, is obviously very experienced. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- Great Find In SedonaTimandDonnieDined on 4/22/2014We were looking for a place to eat after photographing a Sedona sunset and found the Heartline on OT and decided to try it out. The food and service was so good we came back the next night.Special Features:
- Very goodbobandmegDined on 4/22/2014Found this place through Fodor's Travel & it lived up to the good review. Delicious crusted trout! Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming Neighborhood GemchrisaDined on 4/21/2014We ate here after a rather dismal, grossly over-priced meal at Chi-ah-Chi. The pecan crusted trout was seasoned perfectly, no bones and reasonably priced. The wine list, though limited for glass servings was varied and well selected. The hummus appetizer was a meal onto itself! All of the wait staff was friendly and eager to please. This would be a great selection for a fairly priced meal in town with excellent food choices. My husband very much enjoyed the salmon, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never FailsRosmicVIPDined on 4/20/2014On our many visits to Heartline we have rarely come close to being disappointed. This latest visit was no exception. Food is very good and the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- OK, but Not Top NotchTSandDined on 4/20/2014Not as nice as I expected from.a top 10 in Sedona restaurant. Food was OK. Service average.
- WONDERFUL FIRST VISITlindawandererDined on 4/20/2014We ate Easter Sunday lunch here. Four of us had different items and all were excellent. We sat outside, though under cover, and the little back patio is delightful. Service very good. Dogs are welcome on the patio though we did not take ours on this occasion. We found the luncheon menu very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2014My husband and I went to the Heartline for lunch on Easter. We were seated quickly and served our drinks. The menu is strictly breakfast and lunch oriented. I had a chicken salad sandwich( one scoop of salad) on a big croissant roll. That was it... no chips, fruit, or anything else on the plate. It was a disappointment for price paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabsVIPDined on 4/20/2014We would have liked to eat on the patio but there weren't any tables in the shade, need to provide more shade either patio cover or umbrellas. Inside decor was lacking. But overall it was okSpecial Features: