The Hattery Stove & Still
18 W State Street
Doylestown, PA 18901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Hattery Stove & Still
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: (215) 345-1527
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Hakeem Otenigbagbe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Off-site catering is available. Menus are created to meet individual needs.
A word from The Hattery Stove & Still
Chef Hakeem Otenigbagbe has crafted an inspired modern American tavern menu for 150-seat, "antique industrial" The Hattery Stove & Still, which is inside the historic Doylestown Inn, located at 18 W. State Street in Doylestown, PA. Chef Otenigbagbe joins The Hattery after enjoying an impressive culinary journey since emigrating to New York from Nigeria at 11 years of age in 1991. After attending the esteemed French Culinary Institute, Hakeem worked for Thomas Keller at Per Se and Chef Tom Colicchio at Craftsteak in New York before joining Blue Fin at the W Hotel in Times Square from 2011 to 2014. Chef Otenigbagbe's menu, which includes brunch seven days a week as well as lunch, dinner, and late night options, features indulgent brunch specialties as well as innovative appetizers, crisp salads, a world-class burger, house-made pastas and mouthwatering meats, fish, poultry and vegetarian dishes. The bar features hand-crafted cocktails, American craft beers and international wineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Hattery Stove & Still - Best Restaurants in Doylestown ›
The Hattery Stove & Still reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (19)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)late-night find (7)romantic (5)special occasion (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Kitchen offPatchDined on 11/25/2014Food was late getting to the table and was cold when it arrived. Disappointed as I had dinner there the week before and it was fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2014We went here with a group of six for my wife's birthday and it went very well. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the extensive drink list. We were most impressed with the interior design and finishes. It's a very unique place that is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place to look atOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/21/2014Liked the decor. Place is funky. Food was average at best. Waiter never bothered to bring a side dish that we had ordered. So, cool place, dry/overdooked food, below average service.
- BrunchJackDined on 11/16/2014The Hattery was a good spot for brunch! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's our waiter?????SoleburyfoodcriticDined on 11/15/2014Overall had a nice dining experience except for our inattentive waiter. Had to flag down another server to get his attention so we could place our drink order. It took a while to get drinks as well asfood. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours (2 people). He had one lame excuse after another. Fortunately the food made up for it. The homemade chips with crab was so tastey. The branzino was delicious but would have been nice to have a little starch with it. I would definitley go back and hope to have a server who would make taking care of his tables a priority!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good evening with great food and great friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014It was my first visit to Hattery Stove and Still after having grown up going to the old Doylestown Inn. One of the 4 in our group had been there before and said it was good. For our group it was perfect. Two of us are foodies and love to try the more interesting items on menus and the other two are more typical in their food likes. The octopus was amazing. Cooked perfectly so it was nice and tender. Lollipop lamb chops were also cooked to perfection and very good. The muscles were good but nothing outside of what you would typically expect for muscles. Two people ordered the scallops and they were also cooked to perfection and quite tasty. Overall I'd say for groups with different tastes this is a great choice as there is a wide variety of options. The atmosphere was nice too. We sat downstairs where you get a bit of the Bucks County Farm House feel. The service was good and timely despite the crowded nature of a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- commamommacommamommaDined on 11/10/2014Great interesting decor in old Doylestown Inn. Have only eaten lunch - food was very good - nice selection. Would like to come back for dinner - cool bar downstairs looks like fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but not for foodiesFeedMeDined on 11/8/2014Love love love what they did with this restaurant but they aren't quite meeting their potential. Fun drink list, great atmosphere/décor...the menu looked promising but failed to deliver on taste. Their current menu offers a comfort-food vibe but is lacking on a full-flavored palate. Definitely would describe the food as "clean" but bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late BrunchAcm5255VIPDined on 11/8/2014We actually came here for a late lunch and were pleasantly surprised to see they were still serving brunch at 3:30. It was definitely a cute find, with good service and great food. I would recommend it for anyone wanting to explore Doylestown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Lunch in DoylestownSG42Dined on 11/2/2014Had lunch here with friends this past weekend. It was a repeat visit with a new group that really enjoyed it. Great choices on the menu - you have to try the Hot Chips and Bleu Cheese appetizer! Fun bar makes this an all around great restaurant for lunch/dinner. Note: really fills up for dinner on weekends - make sure you have reservation.Special Features:
- Problems in the kitchenBarnardmomDined on 10/23/2014Had a 7 pm res on a Thurs. We were seated upstairs, the decor is striking, the server was friendly. We ordered and our appetizers were brought promptly. However, more than an hour passed before we got our entrees. The server did come over after about 40 minutes and apologized, saying the large party downstairs had the kitchen backed up. She comped our drinks. My friend and I had each ordered the same dish. Elements were missing from mine, so the server rushed back to get them. While she was gone, my friend noticed that she was missing a side item.The food was good, but this was pretty unacceptable for the kitchen. I will likely return, assuming this is an unusual situation, but the restaurant scene is pretty competitive in Doylestown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereBee728Dined on 10/19/2014Busy Sunday afternoon and although they had run out of several menu items, the selection was still good. Will go back and try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CG32Dined on 10/18/2014Very loud, unable to have a normal conversation without raising our voices. Food was nothing special and the service was simply okay.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance and Menu ChoicesmarijkDined on 10/13/2014The restaurant is very nicely decorated and combines traditional furniture pieces with edgy design, the seating is very comfortable. The Brunch menu is varied with many healthy and hearty choices. I had the Huevos Rancheros, they were excellent and the presentation was creative. Service is excellent, will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingSLMSDined on 10/4/2014The Hattery is a new restaurant in D-town which delicious food and drink. My husband and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary there and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Great BreakfastDbrooVIPDined on 10/4/2014We had the salmon benedict and the challah bread french toast. Both were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its fun occasionally maybejanoDined on 10/3/2014very confusing entry, many people look lost and the girl who seats you seems to hide behind a wall near the podium so not a good start; amazing waiter - Albert - could be only reason to go again. Soup - sorry, seems like it is from a can. Ahi Tuna sandwich - terrific - lose the bread as it covers the delicious and perfectly done tuna. Tacos - another good find. Bar drinks - Belini and Highball - well done, good bartender. Love the decor, keeps you looking around.
- BabsVIPDined on 9/27/2014Casual, busy and noisy restaurant on a Sat night; we had very good Bronzino, duck (the night's special), and chopped salad.Special Features:
- AlanaVIPDined on 9/24/2014The service is always impeccable here. We usually come in with a larger group and they always go out of their way to accommodate. They even provide separate checks which makes paying our bill a snap!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good beer list, loud environmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Excellent beer list, good vegetarian options. The speaker right over our table was loud. The waiter turned down the music for us but I think someone turned it back up. If you like the kind of music they're playing, it might be nice, but if you don't like the style, it's kind of hard to escape it when it's playing right over your head.
- Still Relatively NewSams1stUncleVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food and drinks were very enjoyable but service was slow, especially from the bar. Still relatively new, I will give the benefit of the doubt and assume they are still working out the bugs, but they need more service people or the people they have need to step up the pace. Hopefully it will all come together, it is a great location in town and another quality eatery in Doylestown would be welcome.Special Features:
- had brunch - food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014Food was good but nothing special or exceptional. Initial service very slow but after that good service. Felt more like a bar than a brunch/breakfast place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Shrimp TacosMerZDined on 9/20/2014I was one of 4. We ordered the Shrimp Tacos as an appetizer. They were so good that 2 of us ordered them for dinner, too. Food is great - just a bit too noisy to converse without yelling. It won't stop us from going back time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good time and good foodLocalDinerDined on 9/13/2014We weren't sure what to expect, but surprisingly happy with everything overall! The entrance does not allow for a smooth transition for people entering the restaurant and at first things seem very chaotic. We had a drink at the bar which we thoroughly enjoyed and after about 15 minutes, we were seated at our table downstairs. For starters, we had the Wild Mushroom toast which was yummy and then we split a mixed green salad …. also very tasty! After this, I had the Chicken Roulade and my boyfriend had the fish special… both were delicious. Our server was really nice and although the place was extremely busy, everything was really enjoyable!Special Features:
- AndreaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Fun spot, great upbeat location. The food was generally B plus but one meal was just poorly executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOldboy01Dined on 9/12/2014Nice location, food and decor. Service was very good and well timed. Would recommend for two or a group. Enjoy Doylestown!Special Features:
- Unwelcome fire alarm1234VIPDined on 9/12/2014No concession for continuous false alarm. I would not return.
- They were goodWalter1VIPDined on 9/5/2014I would go back! In our group, 2 had the Bronzino and it was well done (a few bones); 2 of us had multiple appetizers and were well satisfied. Happy hour included oysters for only $1.00; I had 18!parking can be a little difficult but I lucked out. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMimiDined on 9/3/2014I was pleasantly surprised. The seared tuna salad on arugula with raspberry vinaigrette was a bright combination of flavors! The service was attentive, the downstairs room attractive and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Welcome AdditionPatKDined on 8/29/2014t to The Hattery didn't disappoint. Great scene, interesting decor. The Staff is excellent, evryone pitches in cheerfully. Saw the Manager bringing entrees , evryone buses and brings drinks. Food is inventive and well presented with many price points. Great beer selection. Enjoyed the Golden Beet Terrine and Chipotle Shrimp tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMPKuchDined on 8/23/2014Food was great, service impeccable. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Food was good but nothing special. Service was good but unfriendly.Special Features:
- New GemNewLocalgemDined on 8/22/2014Reserved at the last minute. Loved it. The mussels were fabulousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nar17Dined on 8/16/2014I think the Hattery is a perfect fit for Doylestown. I love their drink selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NEW PLACE!dtownresDined on 8/15/2014Food was great...service was excellent. I went with a friend on Thursday night and took my husband back on Friday night. Both nights, the service was great. Both waiters were friendly, helpful, engaged, and timely. I had the pasta special the first night and the salmon the second night. Both dishes were flavorful and cooked to perfection. I had the proscuitto flatbread appetizer both nights...very good. I'm a little worried about giving it such a great review. I'm hoping I can get a table in the Fall when everyone comes home from the beach and discovers this gem : ).Special Features:
- Great place for BreakfastMaryDined on 8/15/2014Doylestown has extremely few (that is, none) places for a business breakfast. The Hattery fills that void. My pancakes were light and tasty; my guest enjoyed his yogurt, topped with granola and fresh fruit. They need to offer some pastries -- at least some bagels and fresh fruit --during the week. Perhaps those types of choices will be added to the menu as more people patronize the restaurant for breakfast. Different choices of coffee would be nice --they serve a fairly strong roast and not everyone, including me, can drink that. They need to show correct breakfast prices on their website menu. Prices on our check were quite a bit less than shown on the webstie -- thei higher prices on the website might we scaring people away.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TurnedoffturnedoffVIPDined on 8/2/2014Thus rstaurant had good reviews in a local paper and we rushed to it for a visit. There were a couple of items on the dinner menu that were most intereesting, an appetizer with grilled octa puss and a main course Bronsino. But the noise was so great, we could not hear ourselves talk. So we tried a second time and asked for a quiet table and we were gicven one that should have been quiet downstrais but the bar in that area was bigger and louder than the one upstairs. Maybe improvements could be made here but for a restaurant with the pretensions that this one has, it needs more work than its layout will allow, so we will not be returning.Special Features:
- DisappointingMdivaVIPDined on 7/29/2014Went out with friends to the supposedly new hotspot. Seated upstairs in which could only be described as a luncheonette with crystal chandeliers. Service was amateurish and overly "sharing". Some of the food was tasty although no one in our party raved about any one thing. It was hard to get over the lack of atmosphere given the prices of the food. Not worth a special trip to Doylestown.Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the The Hattery Stove & Still reviews archive.
- Finding momentum aheadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014First visit to new eatery in a old landmark, the Doylestown Inn , that's seen hard times lately. Restaurant heading in the right direction with live jazz duet downstairs and a varied menu. This place overreaches with a raw bar platter that was simply overpriced and under-portioned. Waitstaff still getting used to the service and menu. Burger was solid with crispy fries. Salmon entree wonderfully prepared, but underseasoned slightly. Beet terrine sweet and creative for a starter. Cocktails were honest pours and flavorful mixes. Desserts unremarkable. This place will gain momentum once the chef adjusts the menu and the waitstaff becomes experienced.Special Features:
- Neat But NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Creative decor. Eclectic menu. Friendly bar scene. Inconsistent service. Noise level loud and distracting.Special Features: