The Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards
230 Cabernet Lane
Dobson, NC 27017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sheltonvineyards.com/harvest-grill
- Phone: 3363663590
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 6:00pm (5:00pm DST)
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul S. Lange
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Farmer 3363663590
A word from The Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards
A High End Comfort Food Restaurant in the Yadkin Valley, North Carolina Wine Country. Featuring a seasonal menu reflecting all thats good, fresh and local whenever possible paired with Award winning wines in a vineyard setting. Open year round serving lunch everyday and dinner Monday thru Saturday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Dobson ›
The Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)scenic view (75)romantic (60)notable wine list (53)fit for foodies (48)great for lunch (46)good for groups (40)great for brunch (35)neighborhood gem (24)great for outdoor dining (12)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- OutstandingKokoDined on 9/20/2014Our meal was done to perfection and our server, Freedom, was very attentive and helpful. Beautiful surroundings, great views from the porch, and an overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJojencDined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit in less than 6 months. If we didn't live an hour and a half away we would go more often. Food and service were wonderful and the only thing that could have been better was if we had been able to sit in the windowed area that overlooked the vineyard. But our dining experience was still wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!PamperedDined on 9/19/2014Great experience, and on a short notice. I had a group of 9 and needed a last minute lunch experience. They got us on the patio, we were greeted by name as we arrived, service was excellent, and food was FABULOUS. Didn't get to taste the wine since it was a working lunch, but did buy some to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014This restaurant is connected to a winery/vineyard. It has a very interesting menu with fair prices for the quality which is very high. The dining room we were seated in had a 270 degree view mostly of the vineyard and although indoors it had a feel like sitting in a pergola due to the ceiling and lighting. Only choices for wine were their own.Special Features:
- PleasantLuvGoodFoodDined on 9/11/2014Toured winery then stayed for dinner to celebrate anniversary, since not too many options in the area. Pleasantly surprised. Wished we would have saved room for dessert, very tempting! Would recommend to anyone travelling in the area.Special Features:
- Great experience!AboutwineDined on 9/6/2014I found the atmosphere to be very welcoming and warm. We attended the wine showdown. The dining tables were adjoined in a large square so all of the guest could face each other. It was fun to rate which wine suited each meal course the best. Also, it's a great way to meet new people because everyone was participating. The food was amazing! Overall, we had the best time and created fun memories with friends. I would highly recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, eat here!TAStorkDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have stopped in Dobson to visit the Shelton Vineyards and eat at the Harvest Grill just about once a year over the last 6 or 7, and we've left satisfied every time. The dining room is comfortable with nice views of the vineyard grounds. The service staff is friendly and proficient. The seasonal menu features regionally sourced foods that are prepared in interesting but not challenging ways. There are choices for every palate. Although pricey, this restaurant, its staff, and chef offer genuine dining pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicee36chaderDined on 9/3/2014Took my girlfriend there for her birthday to the winery for a tour, then dinner at Harvest Grill. The food and service was phenomenal and I will be back again no doubt!Special Features:
- Relaxing place for evening meal!Taryn9178Dined on 9/3/2014This was our second time at the Harvest Grill. It was truly enjoyable! They have great wine and excellent food choices. The service was outstanding. I would highly recommend this place to any who enjoys fine wine, beautiful views and good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014The service was great.This is not the first time we have treated ourselves & others.Prefer the patio dining Such a beautiful view.Food as usual was absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceout2lunchDined on 8/31/2014We have visited The Harvest Grill on a number of occasions for both lunch and diner and were very pleased with every visit. Lunch on Sunday was very refreshing. I liked the Caesar Salad with grilled chicken (tender, tasty and perfectly cooked). They have a number of specific selections and will work to accommodate gluten free diets. Very pleasant venue with good views of the vineyard. We'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AweAwesDined on 8/30/2014Awesome views, awesome service, awesome wine, awesome food! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusansbirthdaypresentDined on 8/29/2014Beautiful setting and a great meal after a tour of Shelton Vineyards and wine tasting. Had a nice menu and our food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Great Day @ a vineyardladolcevitaDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed our trip from Charlotte and thoroughly enjoyed our lunch and wine tasting at the Harvest Grill. That was topped off with a pleasant tour of the vineyard and more wine tasting. Enjoyable, relaxing day!Special Features:
- TRumustvisitDined on 8/22/2014We belong to the TR Club of the Carolinas and always enjoy coming to Shelton Vineyard. Everything is great but the real difference is the people! They make you feel it is their home and you are welcome to enjoy it. Mr. Shelton is most always moving around the areas greeting people and making sure everything is just right. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dimas and NadineDimasDined on 8/22/2014Our first visit to the vineyard. Went solely on online reviews and so glad we did. The vineyard is beautiful and we had a lovely view from our table. My husband had the tenderloin and said it was the best he ever had. I had the grouper and the fish was excellent as well as the salsa and sauce it was prepared in. If we lived closer, we would definitely return. I will say that the restaurant experience in Mount Airy is limited so this was a welcome surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MARVELOUS EXPERIENCEBoonemanDined on 8/18/2014Company was visiting us and we decided to give the Harvest Grill a try for lunch...and we were absolutely delighted. The grounds of the restaurant, winery and surrounding areas are magnificently manicured and immediately presented a warm and inviting feeling. We were not disappointed at all. Each of us had a different dish and each of us glowed about the food, the presentation, the wine list, the ambiance and the service. Clean, comfortable, cozy and a postcard view of the property with its lush surroundings and friendly environment. I cannot think of a single complaint by any of us. Portions are generous, prices in line with that type of establishment. Will definitely go back, only next time for dinner.Special Features:
- Great setting for a great mealHakkaDialectVIPDined on 8/17/2014Wonderful location set in the vineyard. Super food and well presented.Special Features:
- SUPERB!! YOU MUST EAT HEREluv2eatDined on 8/17/2014This is by far the best restaurant I have ever eaten in, and I've eaten in top restaurants all over the US and Europe. The food is absolutely delicious and the choices are so different from other restaurants. The view is beautiful looking out onto the vineyard, but you are going to be blown away by the food. I have eaten here a half dozen times, trying something different each time, and I have always been over joyed with my meal. I couldn't pick a favorite meal because each one has been so fantastic. You will not be disappointed with this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harvest Grill Aug 2014FancynancyDined on 8/16/2014Our favorite spot for miles around. Have never been disappointed with any choice, lunch or dinner. Two years in a row, absolutely the best fried green tomatoes ever! Crab cakes, ribs, duck, are all great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experirnceBaconatorDined on 8/14/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and each time has been a wonderful meal in a great atmosphere. They serve wines made in their vineyard. The wines are delicious and available for sale on the premesis, should you want to bring some home. The waitstaff is very attentive but not intrusive. They are always willing to make suggestions based on your stated preferences. The food is pricey and the portions tend to be smaller, but the taste is incomparable. They do not try to rush you out, allowing you to stay long after the food is gone. I have had the filet mignon with garlic smashed potatoes and baby green beans. I also recommend the duck breast. Altogether a GREAT dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the VineyardMartyDined on 8/13/2014The Harvest Grill is such a special pleasure when you want that evening to remember; the sun setting over the vineyard, a great wine paired with a great dinner selection and that special someone to enjoy it with. The staff sets the standard for others to follow; friendly, courteous and very knowledgeable on what you expect from a 5 Star restaurant. Treat yourself to The Harvet Grill, it is amazing.Special Features:
- A Wonderful Surprise.Catman60Dined on 8/9/2014I stumbled upon the Hampton Inn in Dobson a few weeks ago, I realized that there was a Vineyard nearby, Shelton Vineyards. I made it a point to tell my wife about it and schedule a trip back to visit the Vineyard. My wife did some research and found that the Harvest Grill was a highly rated restaurant at the Vineyard. We made reservations at the Hampton and the Restaurant, which are associated with the Vineyard ( there is a shuttle, thru the Countryside). The Vineyard and grounds are meticulously kept, just like the Restaurant and Hampton. Our dinner was wonderful, very tastefully done. We had a view of the Vineyard and our Server Amy was cordial and friendly. The wine is the same price as it is at the Vineyard. A Wonderful Surprise.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We had a lovely lunch here, the atmosphere is quiet nice and we sat on the patio. The view is lovely. The food was excellent. They offer flights of wine to taste, as well as wines from Shelton Vineyard collection.Special Features:
- Best Meal in a Very Long TimeApexMomDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I have been staying at the Hampton Inn associated with Shelton Vineyards on this weekend for 5 years - we pick our daughter up at Camp Cheerio on Saturday morning. This was the first time we decided to eat at the restaurant at the vineyard. We should have been eating here all along. What a wonderful meal! The food was outstanding - my husband declared it was the best meal he had ever had. The wine selection, of course, is outstanding. The service was wonderful! I really cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. We were seated by a window overlooking the vineyard as night fell. Truly beautiful and made even better by the fantastic food and wine. A must see if you are in this area!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food!JKMiiDined on 8/7/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at the Harvest Grill. The food was just outstanding. My wife had the roast chicken and I had the seafood stew. Both were well prepared and one of the better dining experiences we have had in the Piedmont Triad. I highly recommend the restaurant. There were several large groups at the restaurant the evening we dined so the noise level was a bit high, but it did not interfere too much with our overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outwithfriendsoutwithfriendsDined on 8/6/2014We had a great lunch, food presentation was beautiful. always fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love itLivingInSuwaneeDined on 7/24/2014Although we live in the Atlanta Area we don't get the opportunity to go as often as we would like, but every time we do go to the Harvest Grill the food, service and ambience is excellent......looking forward to our next visit already.Special Features:
- LouddinerofferingsDined on 7/23/2014When we arrived for our 6:30 reservation there was a table of 6 who were loud and out of control. I came very close to leaving due to these inconsiderate diners. I know there is little that you can do regarding these kind of situations. The food was excellent. The service was slow due to, as our server put it "we weren't expecting this many people". Neither of these issues would prevent us from returning as the chef saved the day.Special Features:
- Great food and excellant serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014I use this establishment to entertain vendors. It is only a thirty minute drive from our plant. I have never been disappointed in the food or service. Whatever the event, this is a great place to utilize.Special Features:
- both food and wine superbdelightfulVIPDined on 7/18/2014Get the $10 flight and try 5 of their wonderful wines. Estate Chardonnay, especially delightful. Seafood stew devine. As a Marylander, I'd pas on the cornmeal crab cake..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- od, the ambience is just perfect!Luv2eatVIPDined on 7/18/2014Abdolutely fantastic! The staff, the food, the ambience was all perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Won't Be DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014We once again enjoyed a lovely evening and a very tasty meal at the Grill. What a lovely spot to relax, enjoy some wine, and some very fine cuisine when you're "on the road." The Grill always lives up to the Charley Shelton standard of excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite pleased with our mealHappyHazelnutDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I recently visited the vineyard and had dinner at the Harvest Grill. We sat on the patio. It was quiet and relaxing. We had no problems with the food; it was quite good. Nothing was really outstanding, but there was also nothing at all wrong with. Just a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperiencedinewithwineDined on 7/6/2014Harvest Grill never disappoints. The food is amazing as is the service and wine. The menu changes on a regular basis with great options for the meat lovers as well as vegetarians. Always a welcoming staff and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingClaudeDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I had brunch and ordered the Sicilian Eggs Benedict. I am 74 years old and this is one of the best breakfasts/brunches I have ever eaten. We ate in the enclosed patio with a view of the vineyards and later toured the winery. Great way to spend a Sunday. We are looking forward to having dinner here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect 4th!NCDeaconVIPDined on 7/4/2014My husband and I and another couple spent the afternoon and had an early dinner at Shelton as a way to celebrate Independence without the crowds. And it was perfect. We requested the sun-room and had the lovely view of the vineyards and herb garden. We started with the tomato/mozzarella salad which each couple shared. Just right as a beginning. We love the small plate offerings and three of us had the crab cakes - yum. Paired with the Estate Chardonnay, we were all very pleased. Completing the meal, we shared the key lime cheesecake. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one bad birthday dinnermandy949Dined on 7/2/2014So my boyfriend took me out for my 27th birthday. We live about two miles from the vineyard, and thought it looked beautiful and haf good ratings. So we went, made reservations, the menu clearly states they will accomidate requests... well needless to say our requests were denied our food was prepared wrong twice. Three tables came and went before we wete ever even served our appetizers. We then had the waitress make some rudr statement about people from this county not being able to afford this restraunt. We are from the area and took offense to that statement. We paid $110 for a meal that wasnt even worth a value meal at dairy queen. I was very dissapointed.Special Features:
- Great setting, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/28/2014We have been here many times and the food has never disappointed. It is located on the grounds of Shelton Vineyards and the setting is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLANT FOOD AND WINEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014I HAVE MADE SEVERAL VISITS TO THIS RESTAURANT AND HAVE NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED. I WAS ENTERTAINING A VENDOR WHO REQUEST WE VISIT THIS ESTABLISHMENT WHEN HE MAKES HIS TRIPS TO OUR PLANT. THE MENU WHICH INCLUDES THE WINES WITH EACH COURSE PROVIDES A VERY GOOD PRICE WITH GREAT FOOD. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS RESTAURANT FOR ANY TYPE OCCASION. THE EMPLOYEES ARE ALWAYS VERY FAMILIAR WITH THE MENU AND PROVIDE VERY USEFUL SUGGESTIONS SHOULD IT BE NEEDED.Special Features: