The Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards
230 Cabernet Lane
Dobson, NC 27017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sheltonvineyards.com/harvest-grill
- Phone: (336) 366-3590
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 6:00pm (5:00pm DST)
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul S. Lange
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Farmer 3363663590
A word from The Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards
A High End Comfort Food Restaurant in the Yadkin Valley, North Carolina Wine Country. Featuring a seasonal menu reflecting all thats good, fresh and local whenever possible paired with Award winning wines in a vineyard setting. Open year round serving lunch everyday and dinner Monday thru Saturday!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards - Best Restaurants in Dobson ›
The Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)special occasion (74)fit for foodies (68)romantic (64)great for lunch (62)notable wine list (57)good for groups (44)great for brunch (40)neighborhood gem (28)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)Show More
- Food & FireFrequentdinerDined on 11/23/2014My wife, her sister, husband and myself all went up for Sunday lunch and wine tasting. This was on their holiday open house weekend. We did the wine tasting next door at the tasting room to help determine the wine to go with lunch. We had reservations. When we went in, they sat us in the enclosed glass porch that has a fireplace on one end. The fire was burning with real wood. The food, service and ambiance was all wonderful. This was one of the best lunches we ever had. If you like a wonderful view, good food and enjoyable surrounding, look no further. Do request the outdoor glassed in porch for the view of the vineyard and winery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindycindyDined on 11/21/2014Great service. Shuttle service takes you back to your hotel after dinner on weekends. Fireplace going. Chef prepares food in interesting combinations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a leisurely lunch!UnimpressedVIPDined on 11/16/2014My husband and I enjoy taking a ride to the NC Vineyards and we always make it a point to make a reservation at the Harvest Grill! The food is always very good as well as their choice of wine flights. The perfect ending to your visit!Special Features:
- Well worth the trip! Great food! Great atmosphere!TravelingTDined on 11/16/2014We had been to the vineyard about a year and a half ago but were unable to have lunch. We spent the weekend in the mountains and on our way home we decided this would be a worthwhile detour. It sure was! We had appetizers, lunch and dessert along with a flight tasting during the meal. It was excellent from beginning to end. The tasting during the meal is such a great idea. You get to taste the wine with food you love and make a great decision. Everything is well marked, the staff is very helpful and obviously it is for sale should you want. Thank you for a great Sunday! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place.SissyDined on 11/9/2014This was my first time for brunch and it was nice but dinner is outstanding! Meal was served quickly, server was good, a bit disappointed in the benedict, just not what I anticipated. Shrimp was on the side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and wineWrcomerDined on 11/9/2014a friend recommended Harvest Grill and I'm so glad we stopped. The food was amazing. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerjuniorfoodieDined on 11/7/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at the Harvest Grill. The staff were attentive but also let us take our time and enjoy our meal at a leisurely pace We were seated by the fireplace, which was a very romantic setting. The food was delicious. Our appetizer was the crab cakes: amazing. Entrees were the lemon trout and the filet, which were both outstanding. No room for dessert but the menu looked great. We plan to return and bring a group.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Everything was homemade, original, southern flair, truly exceptional. From appetizers to dessert...5 star dining witgut 5 star pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Yadkin ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/31/2014Menu is innovative and diverse. Choices are well-prepared. Service is friendly and efficient. Wine list is of their own wines, prices are reasonable for the wines. The price appears to be just five dollars over purchase price in the tasting room. If the weather is nice come early as the grounds of the vineyard and winery are extremely attractiveSpecial Features:
- Delicious Gourmet LunchJoAnnDined on 10/31/2014My husband and I had a delicious lunch at the Harvest Grill after our wine tasting at the Shelton Winery. The restaurant has a delightful gourmet cuisine. For starters we had assorted breads with three different spreads. Then my husband had the salmon entre and I had the trout. Both dishes were delicious and the sides were wonderful. The atmosphere was romantic with a beautiful view. Our waitress was friendly and very efficient. This was the highlight of our visit to the Shelton Winery. The Harvest Grill is a real gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "awesome place"Ray83Dined on 10/27/2014An opportunity to drink superb wines paired with great food in a relaxing ambiance. I strongly recommend and will definitely go back when I am back in North Carolina !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Absolutely lovely. Great food, great atmosphere, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable eveningpinkieDined on 10/23/2014Your restaurant was recommended to us by some friends and it certainly was a very pleasant surprise. Even better than they described it to us. We will definitely be back in the Spring on our return to the North for the summer. Loved the wine and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lunch I've ever hadTylerDined on 10/23/2014this was by far one of the best lunches I've ever had. The atmospher was very romantic. My only regret was that I didn't have a ring on me to propose. This would be a perfect place, anywhere on this vineyard would be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningduoDined on 10/21/2014A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!! We celebrated our anniversary and my husband's birthday, and the great service and wonderful food were extra gifts to us! This was our first dining experience at the Harvest Grill and we will certainly be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicefoodie4thoughtDined on 10/20/2014I have always been pleased with the food and overall experience at the Harvest Grill. Crab cakes are the best, and should always be a part of the menu. Love this restaurant.Special Features:
- 2nd ExperienceBoonemanDined on 10/19/2014My wife and I had been to Harvest Grill once before and thought the entire experience was wonderful. The 2nd time we went, along with a visiting niece, was this past Sunday and the experience was even better than the first time. The selections for brunch and lunch were excellent. The waitress was warm and friendly, and quite accommodating. The food presentation was superb. And the view of the vineyards and gardens on this particularly beautiful fall day could not have been better.Special Features:
- DiesellabsDined on 10/19/2014Outstanding meal for brunch. We've been coming to this winery and restaurant for the past 5 years or so and food has been getting better and better. Good wines also. Not for young families. Small seating area, so reservations on the weekends for sure.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchtlhreviewsDined on 10/18/2014My husband and I had a wonderful lunch at the Harvest Grill at Shelton Vineyards. The Caeser salad was excellent, with buttery melt in your mouth croutons and bacon. We also had a flight of wines which was a really fun way to taste and enjoy several of the the wines. For lunch I had the Crab Cake sliders, which were unique and very good, (they were quite rich, so I only ate one of them). My husband had the steak sandwich which he loved, and it was gone in a flash- so I know he loved it. For dessert we split the apple upside down cake which was served with ice cream and orange infused whipped cream. It is one of the best desserts I have had in a long time. It was not too heavy, and it was just what I wanted on a crisp Fall afternoon.Special Features:
- Piece of Napa in our backyardLakesideJimDined on 10/15/2014We discovered this gem only 70 minutes from our home in Cornelius. Beautiful setting, great eclectic food, good service, terrific views and the ambiance is wonderful. Strongly recommend this charming restaurant. Take the winery tour before or after your meal, quick but very informative and interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealKatiekirbyDined on 10/14/2014We enjoyed our dinner a great deal. The seasonal flavors on the menu were amazing and it was difficult to choose between so many wonderful appetizers and entrees. The bread was delicious as well. And of course, the wine list made pairing glasses for each course easy. We love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMountaineersDined on 10/14/2014Always a stop for our mountain trip just for dinner here. All the staff are very friendly and efficient. Food is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harvest FestivalPeggyDined on 10/11/2014Had a good lunch with friends during Harvest Festival. Food was good...service friendly & attentive. Lovely dessert selection!Special Features:
- Dining at a special locationBeenthereandgoingbackDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful food, great staff. The location is absolutely beautiful and quaint. The trout was just delicious and the desserts are quite sinful. I have been here at least three times and I can not wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2014A recommendable place in the North Carolina wine country.Special Features:
- Excellent mealbriansbistroDined on 10/4/2014From the very friendly, attentive staff to the excellent food and wine, we had an amazing evening. Our entire meal was delicious, from the appetizer to dessert. Our server was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. The meal was beautifully presented and was perfectly prepared. We would highly recommend The Harvest Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchAce80Dined on 9/28/2014We went for Sunday brunch. The dishes were well prepared and executed. We sat on the covered patio and had a great view of the vineyard.Special Features:
- Lovely RestaurantCarydinerDined on 9/25/2014The grounds and view are beautiful, the food is high quality and trendy, and they have a children's menu, not common at places like this. Portions are not huge, but we didn't leave hungry, desserts are wonderful!! Looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- OutstandingKokoDined on 9/20/2014Our meal was done to perfection and our server, Freedom, was very attentive and helpful. Beautiful surroundings, great views from the porch, and an overall excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJojencDined on 9/20/2014This was my second visit in less than 6 months. If we didn't live an hour and a half away we would go more often. Food and service were wonderful and the only thing that could have been better was if we had been able to sit in the windowed area that overlooked the vineyard. But our dining experience was still wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent - as alwaysdarly7Dined on 9/19/2014From the cheese board to fried green tomatoes to crab cakes, the food was great. Then the new chocolate peanut butter mousse torte was fantastic. This is always at the top of our list to take guests.Special Features:
- Great experience!PamperedDined on 9/19/2014Great experience, and on a short notice. I had a group of 9 and needed a last minute lunch experience. They got us on the patio, we were greeted by name as we arrived, service was excellent, and food was FABULOUS. Didn't get to taste the wine since it was a working lunch, but did buy some to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014This restaurant is connected to a winery/vineyard. It has a very interesting menu with fair prices for the quality which is very high. The dining room we were seated in had a 270 degree view mostly of the vineyard and although indoors it had a feel like sitting in a pergola due to the ceiling and lighting. Only choices for wine were their own.Special Features:
- PleasantLuvGoodFoodDined on 9/11/2014Toured winery then stayed for dinner to celebrate anniversary, since not too many options in the area. Pleasantly surprised. Wished we would have saved room for dessert, very tempting! Would recommend to anyone travelling in the area.Special Features:
- Great experience!AboutwineDined on 9/6/2014I found the atmosphere to be very welcoming and warm. We attended the wine showdown. The dining tables were adjoined in a large square so all of the guest could face each other. It was fun to rate which wine suited each meal course the best. Also, it's a great way to meet new people because everyone was participating. The food was amazing! Overall, we had the best time and created fun memories with friends. I would highly recommend it to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, eat here!TAStorkDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have stopped in Dobson to visit the Shelton Vineyards and eat at the Harvest Grill just about once a year over the last 6 or 7, and we've left satisfied every time. The dining room is comfortable with nice views of the vineyard grounds. The service staff is friendly and proficient. The seasonal menu features regionally sourced foods that are prepared in interesting but not challenging ways. There are choices for every palate. Although pricey, this restaurant, its staff, and chef offer genuine dining pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicee36chaderDined on 9/3/2014Took my girlfriend there for her birthday to the winery for a tour, then dinner at Harvest Grill. The food and service was phenomenal and I will be back again no doubt!Special Features:
- Relaxing place for evening meal!Taryn9178Dined on 9/3/2014This was our second time at the Harvest Grill. It was truly enjoyable! They have great wine and excellent food choices. The service was outstanding. I would highly recommend this place to any who enjoys fine wine, beautiful views and good food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014The service was great.This is not the first time we have treated ourselves & others.Prefer the patio dining Such a beautiful view.Food as usual was absolutely wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceout2lunchDined on 8/31/2014We have visited The Harvest Grill on a number of occasions for both lunch and diner and were very pleased with every visit. Lunch on Sunday was very refreshing. I liked the Caesar Salad with grilled chicken (tender, tasty and perfectly cooked). They have a number of specific selections and will work to accommodate gluten free diets. Very pleasant venue with good views of the vineyard. We'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.