355 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theharrison.com/
- Phone: 2122749310x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:30pm – 10:00pm; Friday – Saturday: 5:30pm – 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday – Sunday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ari Bokovza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Special Events: We have a private dining room located in our award winning wine cellar that can accommodate up to 24 guests. Please inquire through our link found on the Open Table website or email Gina@TheHarrison.com
A word from The Harrison
Opened by Jimmy Bradley in October 2001, this Tribeca favorite is a restaurant remarkably in tune with its neighborhood and the city at large. Featuring seasonal contemporary American cuisine from Chef Bradley and Executive Chef Ari Bokovza, and sincere hospitality in a handsome and casually elegant setting, The Harrison instantly makes you feel like you’ve come home. The restaurant also boasts a private dining room housed in its award-winning wine cellar, and outdoor café with Hudson River views and a bar that begs to be dined at for a less formal meal. Since April 2011, Harrison diners have been enjoying the cool, casual vibe of The Harrison at lunchtime. Lunch at The Harrison is suited for business meetings, a quick bite, and special occasions alike. Whether it’s for lunch, dinner or a special event, The Harrison offers rustic, soulful fare, continuing owner Jimmy Bradley’s vision of bold, seasonally inspired cooking with sincere hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Harrison reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (37)great for outdoor dining (35)special occasion (32)romantic (29)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (15)good for groups (14)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- A FavoriteCateDined on 8/26/2014The Harrison has been a favorite since it opened in 2001. It continues to be a real treat whenever we go there. The food is creative and delicious. The service is spot on. It is our favorite spot in the neighborhood chock full of terrific restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriBeCaNearDined on 8/24/2014I always enjoy the Harrison experience. Gracious and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solidOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014this is the 3rd time I've been spanning over 5 years. Each time the food and service has been solid. For the first time I sat outside and it was very enjoyable, I like outdoor dining, but many locations in the city it's a trade-off. At the harrison late on a Sat. it was really enjoyable. This time we combined 4 small plates and a side for a filling dinner for two (didn't quite finish everything, and frankly we upsold the 4th plate, could have done without it).Special Features:
- Quite perfectTNNJVIPDined on 8/16/2014Don't know why it took us so long to return. Won't happen again. Welcome was warm. Menu was inviting. Food was superb, thoughtful and delicious. Service by Omar was gracious and spot-on including multiple great wine recommendations. Looking forward to another wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jennifer from BostonFoodiefromBostonDined on 8/15/2014We travel to NYC a few times a year for business and always love to enjoy the food scene - the Harrison definitely lived up to our expectations! Would go again and would highly recommend it to friends!Special Features:
- Great Meal in Tribecacr7675Dined on 8/14/2014Having worked in the area for the last 15 years always wanted to eat at The Harrison. Big mistake why did I wait so long... I can't wait to come back. The meal was fantastic. I had pork milanese the pork was moist and delicious. My wife had duke confit which she enjoyed thoroughly. The first course of chilled corn soup and heirloom gnocchi were a great start. The service was professional and noticed a real teamwork approach as other servers chipped in to clear plates and replace napkins when our server was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was such a disappointment - I don't know what to say. The chicken was dry and overcooked. Other dishes were overdone and too oily and tasteless. And the service was mediocre at best.....
- Exceptional foodTXvisitorDined on 8/5/2014Old favorites served in a wonderful, creative fashion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ctltribecaVIPDined on 8/3/2014excellent food preparation & attentive staff. The plates are beautiful and the seasoning inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orzo mac and cheese.KatKDined on 7/30/2014We went for Restaurant Week, and while everything was delicious (salmon entree -- the sauce was amazing!) the orzo mac and cheese was just beyond anything. My best friend and I both agreed we could have just had our own sides of mac and cheese and we would have been perfectly content! This is one we're definitely coming back to.Special Features:
- DisappointingNodiet4meVIPDined on 7/29/2014Always made a point of eating here when in NY for the liver that you could cut with a fork. Last time was not up to par and this time was worse. The chard was tough (could not cut with a knife), the bacon-onion torta was overcooked (almost burnt) and the liver was in two pieces and hard to cut. The lamb neck "oso bucco" was good but not extrordinary. A bright point was the grilled octopus appetizer which was very good. Wine selection/pricing also good. The service was average, I ordered coffee at the end of the meal and it didn't show up. All in all expected more for the money. This is off my "must visit when in NY" list.
- SupermeiDined on 7/27/2014The waitress needs to put some smile on her face!!! Worst service experience ever!!!
- Meh! and not a good deal.RestaurantWeekHunterDined on 7/26/2014They advertised in Restaurant Week for $25 for lunch. You can pick 2 courses from the menu, regardless of it's less or more than $25, you pay $25. Totally doesn't make sense to pay $25 when you picked 2 items for less than that (plus I doubt you can choose 2 courses that valued more than $25 that you'll like. I feel like I am almost forced to do that, since it was clearly I went there out of good fun during Rest Wk to find bargains) They show no effort during Restaurant Week. Just a meh experience.Special Features:
- deliciousVIPDined on 7/25/2014lovely restaurant with very good service and food will go back again when I am downtown
- Restaurant week gemNewyorkerVIPDined on 7/24/2014I always enjoy the Harrison but had an especially good experience with the restaurant week menu. Excellent choices - fantastic chocolate flan dessert. The outdoor dining is so special. The waiter was very busy and never offered coffee until he was giving us the check and had come felt missed the fact we had been served dessert. But overall it was. Very nice experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014This is our third visit to the Harrison this year. We always bring our out of town guests there and it never disappoints. They make a genuine effort to accommodate table preferences. The staff is friendly, experienced and attentive. The food is consistently good. The ambience is conducive to enjoying a nice meal with friends and/or relatives. Definitively recommend it.Special Features:
- Perfect summer date spotShelbyDined on 7/18/2014Perfect outdoor dining location. Quiet street, great food, and fabulous service. We loved everything we ordered, particularly the gnocchi and summer artichoke salad. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicepegbloomsDined on 7/12/2014Within walking distance of most TRIBECA living rooms, this restaurant serves an electric and delicious menu. From the lamb starter to the salmon entree and fine wine parings, this was a meal to remember.Special Features:
- Lovely Outdoor BrunchLuv2eatVIPDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I had a very enjoyable Sunday Brunch at The Harrison recently. I had a Pork Sandwich that was sumptuous, while he had a delicious version of Eggs Benedict. We both loved our appetizer of Hake Fingers. The wine list continues to offer an excellent and varied selection. Our server, Fernando was very attentive, friendly and courteous. It was a beautiful day and the outdoor dining was very pleasurable. I look forward to more enjoyable summer brunches and dinners at The Harrison.Special Features:
- A great spotkenjoDined on 6/26/2014They do things right here. Great service. Outstanding food. The specials really are special, not just leftovers repurposed to move. It's a bit pricey but well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Brunch spot on GreenwichJeffreycolsDined on 6/8/2014A hidden brunch spot. Great food and staff. Creative drinks. Surprisingly kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014no need to be back. the food wasn't bad but it wasn't an unforgettable experience.Special Features:
- marc lebowitzleboDined on 6/7/2014we dined at the harrison this past saturday - norm (the host) greeted my wife and I and then joined us as at the bar while we waited for our friends to arrive. the bartender recommended a bourbon drink that was great! the service at dinner - the food presentation and the food served were all excellent and served at a proper pace - my wife also loved the desert selection - we will be back in two weeks to try their summer menuSpecial Features:
- Wonderful foodWsncVIPDined on 6/4/2014Service could not have been more appropriate and genuine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2WineNDineVIPDined on 6/3/2014Delicious food and nice wine list. Warm atmosphere. Good friendly service - good for friends or business Fabulous barSpecial Features:
- A perfect eveningAlicechefVIPDined on 5/31/2014A very pretty place with food to match. All in all a delightful evening.Special Features:
- Worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2014When I heard that the restaurant we were going to was way down in the financial district, I wasn't thrilled, but boy is this worth the trip. The food is terrific and the service was friendly, attentive and knowledgable. The gnocchi appetizer was a highlight and both of our fish entrees were very tasty and well prepared. They have an extensive wine list, not all crazy expensive. It's a nice space and didn't get too noisy, so it was easy to carry on a conversation. I would definitely return on a future trip to New York.Special Features:
- Better for Dinner than BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/17/2014Dinner was charming and exuded casual elegance. Brunch seemed more like an afterthought.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced small food + bad serviceFoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food was extremely small and overpriced. After paying $35 for a prix fix lunch, my husband and I were hungry. The food took forever to come and the servers seemed disinterested.
- ConsistentFoodnwine1Dined on 5/10/2014We've been going here for a long time. Great place!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014lovely restaurant and good food, its an old favorite....but the sound level is very loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 987 reviews are from the The Harrison reviews archive.
- Good scene, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/29/2014The venue was nice, the service was great, the food was delicious. No complaints, would eat here again.Special Features:
- Favorite local diningWillajaneVIPDined on 4/27/2014I love this place. It always has the freshest ingredients and the food Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great discoveryCalLonVIPDined on 4/26/2014During a recent visit from Napa Valley, we booked The Harrison on OpenTable. What a great discovery! Every dish we ordered was delicious. Service was excellent. Beautiful room and pleasant atmosphere. We have already recommended The Harrison to several friends and colleagues, and look forward to returning to enjoy another meal next time we visit NYC.Special Features:
- Great Brunch in TribecaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014I ate brunch here with 5 friends in the middle of the TriBeca film festival. The bloody mary's were great, and the food was a good match. Try the Mediterranean breakfast - delicious poached eggs w/ hummus, olives, and feta.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysTullibardineVIPDined on 4/23/2014Favorite spot for an around the corner, close-to-home dinner.Special Features:
- Harrison still shinesNickBDined on 4/22/2014Decided to hit up The Harrison, a favorite place in Tribeca, before heading to a screening at the Film Festival. This place is still great. The scallop appetizers were perfectly cooked and tasted sublime over diced beet salad. I had the roast chicken, not the most adventurous dish, but it had great flavor. This is a great room with attentive staff and an active bar. Strong wine list and recommended for romantic or special occasions.Special Features:
- Always reliableBaseballmomDined on 4/20/2014Food was terrific, service very good. We have never had a bad meal at The Harrison. Great neighborhood place.Special Features:
- FancyBetsDined on 4/20/2014Maybe too fancy for tourists, with their sneakers and t-shirts! But it was quite ok, We weren't uncomfortable because of that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Requires Multiple TastingsMisc72Dined on 4/20/2014Went to the Harrison for Easter Sunday brunch and loved it. The food was excellent. I found myself picking food off my partner's plate multiple times, especially when I found my plate empty The service was mixed. Our waiter seemed less than confident, but the issue that came up was handled well by management. I will try The Harrison again for dinner soon.Special Features: