355 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theharrison.com/
- Phone: (212) 274-9310
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:30pm – 10:00pm; Friday – Saturday: 5:30pm – 11:00pm; Sunday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Lunch: Wednesday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday – Sunday: 11:30am – 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Ari Bokovza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Special Events: We have a private dining room located in our award winning wine cellar that can accommodate up to 24 guests. Please inquire through our link found on the Open Table website or email Gina@TheHarrison.com
A word from The Harrison
Opened by Jimmy Bradley in October 2001, this Tribeca favorite is a restaurant remarkably in tune with its neighborhood and the city at large. Featuring seasonal contemporary American cuisine from Chef Bradley and Executive Chef Ari Bokovza, and sincere hospitality in a handsome and casually elegant setting, The Harrison instantly makes you feel like you’ve come home. The restaurant also boasts a private dining room housed in its award-winning wine cellar, and outdoor café with Hudson River views and a bar that begs to be dined at for a less formal meal. Since April 2011, Harrison diners have been enjoying the cool, casual vibe of The Harrison at lunchtime. Lunch at The Harrison is suited for business meetings, a quick bite, and special occasions alike. Whether it’s for lunch, dinner or a special event, The Harrison offers rustic, soulful fare, continuing owner Jimmy Bradley’s vision of bold, seasonally inspired cooking with sincere hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Harrison reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (47)special occasion (31)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (20)romantic (20)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- It's a shame to see you go, Harrison!ElGuapoDined on 11/22/2014We love this place for being everything a restaurant ought to be: a welcoming place that allows you the opportunity to relax, the time to enjoy your meal and in fine company and the choice of wonderful food. The staff is friendly and professional, the seating is comfortable and the atmosphere is perfect. Of course, it is a shame that it is going to become a memory in December when this restaurant closes due to the perennial curse of restaurants in Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to see it goLisaVIPDined on 11/21/2014I had a great experience at the Harrison. I am disappointed it took me so long to get down there. It was definitely worth the trip.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceFoodie4LifeDined on 11/3/2014My Dad came to NYC on business and I wanted to treat him to a great restaurant. There's a lot of pressure to pick the "perfect place" as many would consider him a restaurant "maven" from his 30+ yrs worked in the city and taking out many clients to a vast amount of great restaurants. My colleague recommended this restaurant and I was impressed from the moment I walked in. I received a warm and welcoming greeting by the hostess and the bartender when I sat at the bar to have a drink as I waited for my Dad. The ambiance was upscale, attractive interior and not too loud. We ordered an appetizer and entrees recommended by the waiter which were phenomenal and the wine/wine list was spectacular. Overall A+ experience- would recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- Warm ambiencedenimgirlVIPDined on 10/24/2014Warm ambience provided a nice setting for a solid dining experience in Tribeca. Walking distance from the 9-11 museum was the reasoning behind my selection. Excellent attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 10/18/2014We haven't been to the Harrison in a while and it was pleasant to be back. When we arrived, fairly early, it was quiet, but by the time we left, that could no longer be said. We began with sharing the grilled octopus, not to be missed. Our main courses were fish, well cooked and nicely plated. With reasonable expectations, the Harrison will not disappoint.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DarqueDined on 10/4/2014Service was amazingly smooth and unobtrusive without the usual check slapped down in front of you before being requested. Bravo for good manners Food was very good. And we were happy to be able to take our own wine and just pay a corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Fantastic food, as was the service and atmosphere. Staff VERY friendly, accommodating and attentive. Excellent food to suit all, including people with allergies. and good varied choice of quality wines. Definitely worth a visit, You will not be disappointed. Book in advance highly recommended as this very popular place books up fast!Special Features:
- Good for dinner not lunchKneedeepDined on 9/25/2014I have been to the Harrison many times for dinner and found the menu and over experience to be great, lunch however is a differnt story, the menu is no bland and unispired with very few healthy options in the mains.
- Nice PlaceFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Nice Place, good food, good service, just a bit to loud for conversation. Recommended.Special Features:
- TnT USA 2014tntusa4014Dined on 9/18/2014Good place solid food and service but not great if you want no fuss and quick quality this is the place cocktails, food and wine good value recomendedSpecial Features:
- great all aroundannjDined on 9/18/2014Great, attentive service, and the food is not only delicious but generous in portion size. There's ample outdoor seating perfect for people watching and the indoor seating is not crowded during lunch. Classy interior. Highly recommend if you want a no fuss, satisfying meal.Special Features:
- Excellent twists on fab standbysDisappointedDined on 9/10/2014Really enjoyed the figs prosciutto and melon with diachon and mint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- staple food served in tasty waysreidico121Dined on 9/10/2014Suggestion is to offer several small bar food itemsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Tribecca gembilllVIPDined on 9/3/2014not sure how I have missed the Harrison, but it remains a terrific site for a serious, but charming, delicious dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was five starsPeterVIPDined on 9/3/2014Rarely would I start talking about a dinner talking about wait staff but this was deserved. I know the food at The Harrison will not disappoint and they have my favorite rum and Hirsch Reserve Pinot (one of very few that do) BUT the service was so pleasant, outstanding, courteous that it is imperative to note those five stars. The food -- pork chop; calves liver, bass are excellent choicesSpecial Features:
- Great find!PerrobinVIPDined on 9/2/2014Interesting and inventive seasonal menu. Portions great for sharing. We loved the flexibility of choosing multiple smaller dishes or entrees. Good value and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteCateDined on 8/26/2014The Harrison has been a favorite since it opened in 2001. It continues to be a real treat whenever we go there. The food is creative and delicious. The service is spot on. It is our favorite spot in the neighborhood chock full of terrific restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriBeCaNearDined on 8/24/2014I always enjoy the Harrison experience. Gracious and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solidOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014this is the 3rd time I've been spanning over 5 years. Each time the food and service has been solid. For the first time I sat outside and it was very enjoyable, I like outdoor dining, but many locations in the city it's a trade-off. At the harrison late on a Sat. it was really enjoyable. This time we combined 4 small plates and a side for a filling dinner for two (didn't quite finish everything, and frankly we upsold the 4th plate, could have done without it).Special Features:
- Quite perfectTNNJVIPDined on 8/16/2014Don't know why it took us so long to return. Won't happen again. Welcome was warm. Menu was inviting. Food was superb, thoughtful and delicious. Service by Omar was gracious and spot-on including multiple great wine recommendations. Looking forward to another wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jennifer from BostonFoodiefromBostonDined on 8/15/2014We travel to NYC a few times a year for business and always love to enjoy the food scene - the Harrison definitely lived up to our expectations! Would go again and would highly recommend it to friends!Special Features:
- didn't find outstanding - just ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/15/2014didn't find outstanding; the sandwich (fish) was oily and batter was too crispy - not pleasant biting into.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal in Tribecacr7675Dined on 8/14/2014Having worked in the area for the last 15 years always wanted to eat at The Harrison. Big mistake why did I wait so long... I can't wait to come back. The meal was fantastic. I had pork milanese the pork was moist and delicious. My wife had duke confit which she enjoyed thoroughly. The first course of chilled corn soup and heirloom gnocchi were a great start. The service was professional and noticed a real teamwork approach as other servers chipped in to clear plates and replace napkins when our server was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014The food was such a disappointment - I don't know what to say. The chicken was dry and overcooked. Other dishes were overdone and too oily and tasteless. And the service was mediocre at best.....
- Exceptional foodTXvisitorDined on 8/5/2014Old favorites served in a wonderful, creative fashion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ctltribecaVIPDined on 8/3/2014excellent food preparation & attentive staff. The plates are beautiful and the seasoning inventive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1009 reviews are from the The Harrison reviews archive.
- Orzo mac and cheese.KatKDined on 7/30/2014We went for Restaurant Week, and while everything was delicious (salmon entree -- the sauce was amazing!) the orzo mac and cheese was just beyond anything. My best friend and I both agreed we could have just had our own sides of mac and cheese and we would have been perfectly content! This is one we're definitely coming back to.Special Features:
- DisappointingNodiet4meVIPDined on 7/29/2014Always made a point of eating here when in NY for the liver that you could cut with a fork. Last time was not up to par and this time was worse. The chard was tough (could not cut with a knife), the bacon-onion torta was overcooked (almost burnt) and the liver was in two pieces and hard to cut. The lamb neck "oso bucco" was good but not extrordinary. A bright point was the grilled octopus appetizer which was very good. Wine selection/pricing also good. The service was average, I ordered coffee at the end of the meal and it didn't show up. All in all expected more for the money. This is off my "must visit when in NY" list.
- SupermeiVIPDined on 7/27/2014The waitress needs to put some smile on her face!!! Worst service experience ever!!!
- Meh! and not a good deal.RestaurantWeekHunterDined on 7/26/2014They advertised in Restaurant Week for $25 for lunch. You can pick 2 courses from the menu, regardless of it's less or more than $25, you pay $25. Totally doesn't make sense to pay $25 when you picked 2 items for less than that (plus I doubt you can choose 2 courses that valued more than $25 that you'll like. I feel like I am almost forced to do that, since it was clearly I went there out of good fun during Rest Wk to find bargains) They show no effort during Restaurant Week. Just a meh experience.Special Features:
- deliciousVIPDined on 7/25/2014lovely restaurant with very good service and food will go back again when I am downtown
- Restaurant week gemNewyorkerVIPDined on 7/24/2014I always enjoy the Harrison but had an especially good experience with the restaurant week menu. Excellent choices - fantastic chocolate flan dessert. The outdoor dining is so special. The waiter was very busy and never offered coffee until he was giving us the check and had come felt missed the fact we had been served dessert. But overall it was. Very nice experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014This is our third visit to the Harrison this year. We always bring our out of town guests there and it never disappoints. They make a genuine effort to accommodate table preferences. The staff is friendly, experienced and attentive. The food is consistently good. The ambience is conducive to enjoying a nice meal with friends and/or relatives. Definitively recommend it.Special Features:
- Perfect summer date spotShelbyDined on 7/18/2014Perfect outdoor dining location. Quiet street, great food, and fabulous service. We loved everything we ordered, particularly the gnocchi and summer artichoke salad. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicepegbloomsDined on 7/12/2014Within walking distance of most TRIBECA living rooms, this restaurant serves an electric and delicious menu. From the lamb starter to the salmon entree and fine wine parings, this was a meal to remember.Special Features:
- Lovely Outdoor BrunchLuv2eatVIPDined on 6/29/2014My husband and I had a very enjoyable Sunday Brunch at The Harrison recently. I had a Pork Sandwich that was sumptuous, while he had a delicious version of Eggs Benedict. We both loved our appetizer of Hake Fingers. The wine list continues to offer an excellent and varied selection. Our server, Fernando was very attentive, friendly and courteous. It was a beautiful day and the outdoor dining was very pleasurable. I look forward to more enjoyable summer brunches and dinners at The Harrison.Special Features:
- A great spotkenjoDined on 6/26/2014They do things right here. Great service. Outstanding food. The specials really are special, not just leftovers repurposed to move. It's a bit pricey but well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Brunch spot on GreenwichJeffreycolsDined on 6/8/2014A hidden brunch spot. Great food and staff. Creative drinks. Surprisingly kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/7/2014no need to be back. the food wasn't bad but it wasn't an unforgettable experience.Special Features:
- marc lebowitzleboDined on 6/7/2014we dined at the harrison this past saturday - norm (the host) greeted my wife and I and then joined us as at the bar while we waited for our friends to arrive. the bartender recommended a bourbon drink that was great! the service at dinner - the food presentation and the food served were all excellent and served at a proper pace - my wife also loved the desert selection - we will be back in two weeks to try their summer menuSpecial Features: