The Hamilton Inn
708 Jersey Ave.
Jersey City, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hamilton Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hamiltoninnjc.com/
- Phone: 2018395818x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday: Friday 11:30AM - 4:00PM
Brunch Saturday: 11:00AM - 4:00 PM
Brunch Sunday: 10:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner Sunday & Monday: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
Dinner Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 11:00PM
Late Night Kitchen Friday & Saturday: 11:00PM - 1:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering menus available in house or online @ www.hamiltoninnjc.com. For any and all inquiries please contact John @ Jgondevas@gmail.com
A word from The Hamilton Inn
Welcome to The Hamilton Inn! We are open daily for both Lunch and Dinner, and you can join us for Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Hamilton Inn - Best Restaurants in Jersey City ›
The Hamilton Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (26)great for brunch (25)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (8)good for groups (8)special occasion (7)late-night find (6)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Nice!LucyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Our 2 recent experiences were great -- service was professional and attentive -- and everything we ordered was delicious. We had stayed away from this restaurant for a few years (after repeated bad service back in 2011) so we are very happy that we have given them another chance. Try it, you will like it!
- Good Ambiance, Disapointing FoodTantanbourineDined on 8/22/2014We really, really wanted to like the place as its so adorable and in our neighborhood, but I think if you stray from burgers and wings, you'll be dissatisfied. Great little neighborhood spot, well designed, fun atmosphere - exactly what we were looking for. Friendly hostess and server, but the food was lacking. Tuna app was soaked in soy sauce or something very salty, although it was a very large portion for the price. Both of our entrees left much to be desired. And for a $24 steak, no steak knife found its way to the table and a $17 french dip did not resemble a french dip in any way. A tiny bit of steak on a massive roll and a tiny pot of thick gravy that was supposed to be the jus? $100 for 2 people.. not quite worth it, sadly.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood Gem!!Duncan21Dined on 8/8/2014Such a great place!!! I never ever disappointed. Great neighbourhood gastro pub!! Great service great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014Fan of the Berkshire Pulled pork sandwich. Huge fan of the Chillaquiles (sp?)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything.millstasteDined on 7/20/2014The Hamilton Inn staff were very friendly and accommodating. Seafood tasted fresh and clean! Presentation of entrees were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it!luv2dineDined on 7/13/2014I've been there once before but recently took my husband there for Sunday brunch. We sat at the bar and really enjoyed the food and service. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/20/2014Four of us walked from Hoboken on a beautiful summer evening. We enjoyed the atmosphere. It wasn't too loud or crowded even on a Friday. We really enjoyed the soup dumplings! The burgers were all good, but nothing special. The truffle fries were a nice touch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Lunchkex320Dined on 6/15/2014Great spot for lunch. The egg pizza was devoured in minutes as soon as the server put it on the table. Good food and nice staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014Good Brunch menu, food is always good. Some drinks on the menu changed, my wife was not too happy with that. Sat at the bar, gal behind the bar was not too friendly...very businesslike but overall a good experience and I definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/7/2014Overall the service and food was very good: especially the Spicy Tuna Tartare and the Sweet Potato Salad.Special Features:
- Birthday Diner With Old friendsDawnDined on 6/5/2014The food was great. The drinks were over priced to say the least. $12.00 martini served in small champagne saucer that was 1/2 full.Special Features:
- Consistent good food & ambiencelafab714Dined on 6/1/2014Hamilton Inn is a popular neighborhood spot, especially on weekends. Food is consistently good; service friendly and polite. Accepts walk-ins and reservations. During busy brunch times, though, be prepared to wait for a table even if you have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just moved to NJDannyDined on 6/1/2014We just moved to Jersey City from NY and we stumbled upon this neighborhood gem. We are used to the convenience of NYC and was pleasantly surprised by how late the Hamilton Inn was open. The food was great and we didn't have to cheat on our organic diet. This spot will definitely be one that I frequent often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingMikePHXDined on 5/23/2014I just love his place. The food and service are top notch. The quality is exceptional with organic beef and local sourcing. Good drinks and not overpriced. Emphatically recommended by me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the The Hamilton Inn reviews archive.
- Convivial atmosphere and foodlafab714Dined on 4/27/2014The Hamilton Inn consistently delivers good food and congenial atmosphere. Great choices for brunch and lunch. Very popular as a late night spot on weekends. The restaurant reflects the friendliness of the neighborhood. As weather warms, reservations (and a little patience) is recommended.Special Features:
- Nice eveningDougDined on 4/25/2014Was very busy, our table was not readily available and not sure the reservation made a difference but we were seated fairly soon. Food was good, would return.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2014What's to say great food, great atmosphere loved this placeSpecial Features:
- nikkiDined on 4/20/2014we had a 3pm reservation / there was only the brunch menu- which didn't offer much for options other then eggs for vegitarian (my party had someone who was vegitarian) so at 3-3:30 he only had eggs as an option - and his meal was over-cooked - 3 ppl ordered soup dumplings the dough was raw - also had the French dip/ which u would expect sliced thin meat- it was a small steak cut - to slices - but def not what u want in a French dip- the service was fine nothing over the top-I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerhappymom1952Dined on 4/19/2014We had a wonderful birthday dinner for five at Hamilton Inn. Great varied and delicious menu.Special Features:
- What a Newport gem!JJVVDined on 4/16/2014We stopped by for $1 oysters . Good $1 oysters are hard to come by outside of NYC. We ordered 20 east coasts which were some of the thickest, succulent oysters I've had. The horseradish was good too - it had a mild spiciness with hints of vinegar. They have 1/2 priced beer, wine, well, and cocktails from 12-4 & 4-7 which nets out to $4-6 drinks. I got a tequila negroni (tegroni) for $6 and was thrilled with the quality. I tried the pulled pork sandwich. It was loaded with meat and a sweet BBQ sauce, though the bread was soft and it was hard to keep the sandwich together. I didn't mind. Overall, the service was speedy and frequent and the ambiance had a rustic hipster vibe (think 19th century saloon). I highly recommend The Hamilton Inn.Special Features:
- returningpamkVIPDined on 4/6/2014This was my third time here. I love the truffle flat bread pizza so much I haven't tried anything else on the menu. It can get crowded but the staff and customers are all friendly. It is a nice place to hang out. Daily specials are offered. After this terrible winter can't wait to go on a nice day and sit outside.Ask for a drink menu there are some interesting choices.Special Features:
- Great Food & AmbianceJeppy1229Dined on 4/5/2014I was on a quest to find another restaurant in Jersey City which I've never been to that turns out to be a gem and I think I found one. Really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere of the restaurant. I think the whole ambience in there was great, and everything I had for dinner was out of this world. I would definitely recommend to all and I will be back there as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service. Very cute atmospheretechyDined on 4/4/2014Great Service. Very cute atmosphere. Recommend IPA beer and cucumber and berry for cocktail. Ahi Tuna Burger is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than my expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 3/29/2014Went there for dinner. Place looks bigger from outside, tables are placed closely to each other. Food was so-so, nothing memorable. Wine (malbec) that I had was good though.Special Features:
- Great Spot in the NabeBabsbunny77VIPDined on 3/29/2014Decided to try this place on Saturday night with boyfriend. Love the location and really enjoyed the food. We had the french onion soup dumplings & goat cheese pierogies to start, and then split the pappardelle pasta and steak frites for entrees. Everything was very good. The only downside was that my bf had 2 pretty bad Manhattans and for $14 a drink, that's not a good thing. They both had way too much Vermouth, which is pretty awful. However, after commenting halfway through the second one that it was terrible, the server graciously had it remade and it was a significant improvement. Definitely planning to come back & looking forward to trying some of the other items on the menu! Boyfriend loved it too. He just might order scotch instead!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Apps more exciting than Main DishesNewJerseyJoshDined on 3/16/2014My girlfriend and I discovered this place a few months ago and really like it a lot. Putting it on our list of go-to spots. We both agreed that the apps are much more exciting than most of their main dishes - but don't take that as a negative! They are great at what they make and its all be stellar, but you will read the menu of apps and say "I HAVE to try that!". Brunch is great too, busy but not completely crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Casual & even Clientstredd87Dined on 3/12/2014Having been dining at Hamilton Inn a few years now, the food is always consistent with a great variety of options even if you walk in there with absolutely no idea what you're in the mood for. This last time, I took clients new to downtown JC to check out a "new" restaurant and HI absolutely nailed it. Service was great and the food impeccable. To have such a higher end neighborhood bar & restaurant nearby is such a benefit in living near Hamilton Park. Kudos to the team for always a job well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodwise....one of the bestGJG306Dined on 3/8/2014Foodwise....one of the best Brunches I've exprerienced in a long time. Service slower than it should be & noise level can be extreme.Special Features:
- Neighhorhood GemnycmiadgDined on 2/28/2014Cute, neighborhood gem with a great bar and ambiance. Food was good.Special Features:
- Food disappointedDocsworldDined on 2/18/2014The service was pleasant. I loved the ambiance. It was the food that was a disappointment. My husband, from Texas, asked if the ribs were beef ribs. Waiter said yes. Ribs came, were pork (thank God he's not kosher). Then when husband told waiter that they were pork, waiter insisted they were beef;-(. Unless they came from a calf, they were not beef. My fish special, the red snapper over risotto , may not have been snapper. It was pretty overdone and rubbery. The risotto was really greasy too. The mojito (sp) pitcher was 3/4 water. That was a buzz bummer as we all were looking forward to some minty kick from the mojo!! I really wanted this to be a hit as it's a fem of a location: right near some great friends place; but it wasn't;-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and nice ambiencetad1232000VIPDined on 2/15/2014Always enjoy the food and the view is fun at Hamilton Inn. Be good to have some new different choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been to Hamilton InnWaltVIPDined on 2/9/2014I've been to Hamilton Inn several times, and it's always impossible to get a table for brunch without a reservation. I planned ahead and made a reservation, only to find they were behind that morning. However, they graciously gave us a round of drinks on the house and we were seated within 15 minutes. Food is good, service is nice. Great for brunch!Special Features:
- Busy Brunch With MomEvilBunnyRbbtsDined on 1/19/2014We made a reservation about 2 hours before we showed up. When we got there it was obvious the staff was in the weeds, but everyone was keeping cool. Despite the reservation, we had to wait for our table (again, super busy), but the host bought us a round of drinks as an apology so we didn't mind one bit! We both got steak and eggs- the steak was delicious, but moms sunny side up eggs definitely trumped my scrambled. All in all we had a great time,.Special Features:
- Charming restaurant with great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Beautiful Restaurant, with old world charm. Great wine list. I tried the Riesling, nice and dry the way I like it. We went for the Hudson restaurant week menu, the oysters were great, very fresh. I loved the Beef Duo and mashed potatoes with blue cheese! desert was a rich dark chocolate cake and ice-cream. The service was very efficient. I will definitely go again!Special Features:
- A fine casual and convivialEarlA3VIPDined on 1/10/2014A fine casual and convivial place to grab a good meal in Jersey City. It's an interesting menu and the quality of the food is very high. One note - as the Hamilton Inn has a tile floor, they don't really need to crank the stereo system. I like a lively environment, but it's just a little too loud.Special Features:
- Holiday brunchJCdineDined on 1/1/2014I went here with my family for brunch on New Year's Day, and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Highlights included delicious food, a varied menu, a respectable wine and cocktail list, and a friendly staff. I highly recommend the salad with sweet potato and blue cheese, the chilaquiles and chorizo, and the lamb burger--all were outstanding. The restaurant has a warm, welcoming feel, but it can get a bit tight and loud when crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch..the flat breadpamkVIPDined on 11/17/2013Great brunch..the flat bread truffle pizza I had I would recommend. The table next to us had side of brussel sprouts which I don't like but the looked so good I had to give them a try. They were good...even for a person who doesn't like brussel sprouts. Bloody Mary was good. Greyhounds were weak! It is a keeper we will go back when we can sit outside. Parked on the street as we didn't know how to get to the garage at 12th and Jersey. We found a spot with no problem.Special Features:
- Cozy Neighborhood Brunch SpotRachelC77Dined on 11/16/2013Hamilton Inn indeed has that country B&B feel tucked in a corner of Jersey City... yet the food is first rate quality and creativity!Special Features:
- Unbelievable!!!!yummyinmytummyVIPDined on 11/3/2013The best brunch I've ever had. I wanted to yell at everyone for not ordering the same thing as me. I had been here once before and it was equally amazing. This is my new favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchCCandJBDined on 9/28/2013I went there for brunch. The food was decent and the area was nice. We sat outside. Our only issue at all was that after the food came, the server never came back to check if anything else was needed. Otherwise we probably would have ordered more drinks. The free parking is a plus too!Special Features: