The H Restaurant
17608 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles, FL 33160Neighborhood:
Sunny Isles Beach
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
The H Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thehrestaurantmiami.com/
- Phone: 3059319106
- Hours of Operation:
Every day 11:30 am to 10:00pm We will be closed on Christmas Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Ralph Colon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater to all needs We can provide event coordination, flower arrangements and more!
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Gerard 3059319106
- Entertainment: Seasonal Enteratainment
- Special Events: Contact Nicola Oppo 305-931-9106
A word from The H Restaurant
The "h" restaurant welcomes you every day for lunch and dinner in its brand new environment. You will discover the new cozy and chic decor which brings a welcoming and sensual atmosphere, the outside patio is definitely worth a try one of the best in Sunny Isles Beach. Enjoy French fine cuisine and a selection of great wines with a friendly and fun service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The H Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Hidden French GemChiFoodieVIPDined on 7/31/2013Luckily we happened upon this place tonight while visiting from Chicago (aka foodies). Pretty low-key, with wonderful service & even better food. Open kitchen adds to the 'hidden gem' ambiance...hard to choose dishes as most of menu sounded delish, will definitely be back to try more! Highly recommend when not looking for a 'scene'. Both waitstaff & chef were knowledgable and helpful with finding GLUTEN-FREE options as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKingusaVIPDined on 7/17/2013First time visiting The H Restaurant in over 7-years as a local but p/t resident, and how did I miss this hidden gem? Dining inside or out, bar service, tables or booths, pleasant wait staff and the food is simply fabulous. Kudos to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2013We very much recommend this restaurant! The food is simply delicious, with a menu that leaves ordinary behind. Every single item on our plates,whether it be the main dish, a side accompaniment, or an appetizer gave us a "wow" on our taste buds. This is definitely on our list of casual places to visit for exceptional food with prices that are some of the most reasonable we have seen in the upscale dining arena. We arrived late, and our host could not have been more gracious and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/16/2013The French food is very authentic and excellent. Very friendly and warm environment. I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/12/2013Nothing exotic, just solid French bistro food. Classical menu, well prepared. Small but solid wine listSpecial Features:
- RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Needs some decorative renovations. The food is great. Prices are fair.
- Uncomplicated French food !GOURMETGALVIPDined on 4/14/2013Several times per year we are in aventura and the h restaurant is always a stop for us for dinner. The owner and host is wonderful and passionate about the french inspired food served. Beer and wine only is just fine with us and compliments the simple, classically prepared and uncomplicated fresh food served with care. The interior is very basic no fancy trendy atmosphere but the food makes up for what the decor lacks. I would prefer a place like this that puts their money into the food and chefs rather than one that hired the areas best designers. If you appreciate food prepared well and uncomplicated this is your place.Special Features:
- Family owned neighborhood gem!ElkeDined on 4/14/2013The Bouillabaisse was excellent as was the French onion soup and Beef Bourgignon.Special Features:
- Great experience !PaulSVIPDined on 4/6/2013We had a great French meal, from the well done onion soups to the foie gras & the escargot were all 1st rate. The beef Bourgogne was delicious! As was the steak au poivre & great portions...Special Features:
- Susan NYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013This place is excellent! The owner / host was very hospitable even though we arrived 1/2 hour late , due to the fact that we just got in from NY. In total we were a party of 6. Each of us ordered something different and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The owner's son made the best French onion soup I've ever had. Our son ordered a burger, which came with homemade fries that were prepared in a Belgian style which maintains their crispness. The fish was fresh and the beef bourgignon melts in your mouth. If we lived in this neighborhood, this would be our once a week, go to restaurant. In fact, we will be going to H for lunch today. We as a family travel often and frequent lots of restaurants and this is one of the best.Special Features:
- Great choice!EatNJVIPDined on 4/2/2013Everything was fresh and well prepared. Ample portions!Special Features:
- Amazingly good French food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/30/2013Amazingly good French food. We had escargot, foie gras, bouillabaisse and steak au poivre. Excellent service. We came back a second time a week later with friends. It was equally outstanding.Special Features:
- Vacation HighlightOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/9/2013We had a very pleasant time dining at The H Restaurant. We were on vacation and staying near-by. My wife and two daughters (13 and 7) and I were all treated very nicely. The staff was particularly attentive to my daughters--providing a WiFi code for my younger one and standing waiting to see how my older one liked her meal. The food was excellent as well, and my wife and I both enjoyed each of our courses. I had the lamb which was excellent, my wife enjoyed her steak, and my older daughter liked her snapper in parchment--ate every bite. The wine list is a bit limited. The restaurant has a very easy-going, casual vibe and we all walked out very satisfied. The meal was a highlight of the vacation.Special Features:
- Food was Great and Host wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/6/2013Food was Great and Host was Superb and Nice. Restaurant had great atmosphere. would recommend Highly. Leave some space for Dessert !Special Features:
- The food was quite good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2013The food was quite good, but the wine list was sorely lacking. This needs a lot of work Before anybody will take this restaurant seriously. The restaurant was almost completely empty when we were there on a Monday night.Special Features:
- Food was good, especiallylvkaDined on 2/5/2013Food was good, especially Nicoise. The service was good. A friendly maitre d'. However, the interior/exterior looks cheap. If not for that, they could have more customers.Special Features:
- We may have hit an off-night.chicagosueVIPDined on 2/2/2013We may have hit an off-night. The waiter was very friendly and tried very hard to please. We placed our orders and, after twenty minutes, had to ask for some bread to be brought to the table. It took around forty minutes for the soup and salads to arrive. Then, three tables seated long after we had arrived were served entrees before us. A very long wait for dinner. We had eaten here months ago when they said they were going to redo the place. There didn't seem to be much difference. Because it is local, we will likely give it one more try on the off-chance it was an off-night. The lamb chops were delicious, as was a shrimp dish. The soup and salad left a bit to be desired.
- An undiscovered gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/2/2013Took my wife for a birthday dinner and it was all that I expected. Jarrod the manager was amazing. He knew his way around the restaurant like it was the back of his hands. His energy lit up the place. Where others lacked, he was their to pick up the slack. Ifor staters, we both had the french onion soup followed by fried calamari. The cheese in the soup was to die for while the calamari was very tastefful. For the main course, i had the rack of lamb and my wife had the filet migion. Both dinners where amazing. Desert was the creme brûlée which contrary to previous reviews, was perfect. Thank you jarrod for making this evening the best birthday dinner ever for my birthday girl and I.Special Features:
- Did not honor reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/25/2012The did not have a table available even though we reserved on open table. Christmas eve, we had to find alternative spot and not many places we're open.
- This restaurant exceeded myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012This restaurant exceeded my families' expectations! The owner was very friendly and welcoming! Our service was excellent! Our family of 5 had the red snapper (3), sea bass (1), and scallops-shrimp; all were fantastically prepared! For dessert we had creme broulee, chocolate cake, and apple tarts. Great restaurant! Thank you owner that spoke French!
- I'm betting this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/1/2012I'm betting this restaurant won't be around by next year. After sitting down at the bar for a drink before dinner, our bartender gave us his whole life story and then some - it was a monologue, not a dialogue. To the point that we decided to go to our table earlier in order to escape him. Dinner was inconsistent. My husband had steak au poivre which was excellent. My escargot was delicious, however the fish en papillote was extraordinarily dry and was sent back. Creme brûlée was obviously reheated and warm and cold. We would not go back.
- Overall the food is prettySeasonedinerVIPDined on 11/29/2012Overall the food is pretty darn good! We ordered a bit of everything, flat breads, salads, lamp chops, filet mignon, burger, sea bass, creme brulee and pumpkin cheesecake special (phenomenal!) I must say it did take a while in the beginning to get our drinks, I'm talking about water for the table, not alcohol, but the waiter was very friendly and smiling the whole time. I did think the quality of the food was good, fresh,. My only compliant is that the sauce that came with my filet mignon was quite salty, I would refer meals at restaurants to be under-salted so that I can add to my own tasting, rather than over-salting and then nothing can be done. overall I would highly recommend this restaurant, you can dress up or stay casualSpecial Features:
- Very Disappointing!! The owner1DivaVIPDined on 11/29/2012Very Disappointing!! The owner added a 21% tip to our bill,-- WITHOUT our permission. He explained that alot of Europeans do not tip very well. Our speech pattern is clearly AMERICAN. We rectified his overly generous unilaterally given tip. But--that left us with a BAD TASTE!! I will not go back there again.
- The restaurant was being remodeled,debbieVIPDined on 11/16/2012The restaurant was being remodeled, so the ambiance the night we were there was non-existant, however, I'm sure that is will be nice when completed. The food is exceptional!Special Features:
- Our 2nd visit to the "H".OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2012Our 2nd visit to the "H". THe food and the service were excellent!!! We have recommended this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Great bread, powerful sauces,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2012Great bread, powerful sauces, grizzly steak... But good enough to try againSpecial Features:
- me and my wife choose thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/18/2012me and my wife choose this restaurant by the menu (fois-gras, escargots, seafood...), the web site also has a good apresentacion. But to our surprise, it was't. the noise cames from tv turn on, and air condicionair was hot, really hot. the place was empty. the food was good and on time.Special Features:
- H Restaurant , Great OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2012It was a very nice option for our wedding Anniversary celebration. The food was great and tasty. I Also enjoyed the service as well. For sure we will come back.Special Features:
- The food was very good althughDaniloVIPDined on 5/27/2012The food was very good althugh many menu items not available, wine list very limited and the wine we ordered not available! The ambiance is very poor and the air conditioning not working or working poorely. it looks more like a pizza joint then a french restaurant.Special Features:
- Very good neighborhood restaurant.nancyoxVIPDined on 5/26/2012Very good neighborhood restaurant. it's in a strip center, but still manages to have charm. food was very good; service excellent.Special Features:
- Very good food, especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/2/2012Very good food, especially for Sunny Isles. Lemon chicken with capers was delicious. Everyone enjoyed out meals and the servers were friendly. They also dleiver in Sunny Isles.Special Features:
- Second time coming here, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2012Second time coming here, and the food was phenomenal. I never had frog legs, but I tried it here, at the H restaurant. Surprisingly delicious and the sauce was even better.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/25/2012Great dining experience. Our appetizers (spring rolls, escargot, and goat cheese on French bread) were excellent. Main courses (veal marsala, chicken parmesan, and Steak au poivre) were delicious and portions were large. Outside dining experience was very nice (even in a strip mall parking lot!).Special Features:
- Definately not what it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/22/2012Definately not what it was under the original owners. Timo should be ashamed of what they have done. One server for the entire restaurant.
- two of our party choose aOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2012two of our party choose a ' french specialty call Bouillabaise ' being in a french restaurant, a total mess, the worst meal we had for a long time & no one ask why we did not eat most of our plate, so I told the server to mention this to the chef, after a few minutes, he came back with our check & finally no one care about us, so we will not return to the H restaurant even if we can walk there being very close on Collins avenue.
- The food was excellent butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012The food was excellent but the decor need improvement . Lack of ambiance and chicSpecial Features:
- I ate the duck. It wasn'tjillysmsVIPDined on 2/11/2012I ate the duck. It wasn't crispy and it wasn't special. It was mediocre at best. My dinner guest had the chicken marsala which was much better than the duck.
- This is my fourth time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/3/2012This is my fourth time eating at this restaurant, and they never fail to impress. My favorite dish is the Steak au poivre, and they always cook the meat to perfection. The service is always friendly and not annoying like other places in Miami. This is one of my favorite "local" places to eat.
- nice fresh fooddisappointedDined on 1/31/2012not very busy, but worth to be tried out. good relation between quality and price. ambiance is simply but good clean atmosphere. welcoming was warm and friendly. list not too long but of interesting variety. our house salads have been very crisp, fresh and large and good serving for 5 $. We liked it, that the sauce was on the side and not yet mixed in. the fish soup was a very good mix of fish and seafood as well as vegetables: all fresh and together very tasty. creme brullet was missing, that was not so french. the waitress was very friendly and attentive, creating a cosy atmosphere.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheEspieDined on 1/30/2012The food was very good. The service requires more attention, a little bit on the slow side.Special Features: