187 NE 2nd Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegrovedelray.com/
- Phone: 5612663750
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Haycook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Grove
The Grove will offer contemporary interpretations of rustic cuisine, served in a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. Small production, boutique wines and craft beers will play a strong role in paying homage to artisan producers and helping to provide a unique and exciting dining experience. We look forward to seeing you at The Grove.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Grove - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
The Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (50)romantic (43)special occasion (39)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (29)hot spot (11)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (5)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- best restaurant in Delray by farOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014Excellent food. Excellent service. Not a big menu as it changes weekly, but our group had one of each item on the menu and everything was amazing. Don't be afraid to experiment at this restaurant as everything was delicious. We will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies Take NoticeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/18/2014I have heard you can predict the dinner to come by sampling the bread and the bread at The Grove is some of the best bread I have ever eaten. You will begin your meal with a warm, petite, individually prepared Brioche bread that is hard to stop eating. Continue with an originally presented piece of octopus roasted to perfection, a tender beet salad that melts in your mouth, or a scrumptious ravioli filled with butternut squash. The dinner menu is small but ample and choices include savory temptations such as a daily fresh fish cooked perfectly with a delicate sauce, delicious tender meat or veal, and a pasta offering as well. The home made desserts will wow you. Reservations are a must and make sure you book way in advance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local gemJbullVIPDined on 10/11/2014Visiting from out of town, I read a few rave reviews about The Grove and decided it would be the place my husband & I would celebrate our 10yr wedding anniversary. It did not disappoint, service was exceptional, food amazing and a perfectly romantic place to spend the evening. My only disappointment is that this restaurant is not in our neighborhood in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good As New York CityBabepresVIPDined on 10/11/2014We love everything about this restaurant! The service is friendly, but efficient and the food matches up with any of our favorites in the New York metropolitan area. We have come to expect deliciousness and we have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JTG1Dined on 10/7/2014Interesting menu -- different every time -- and always delicious. Likewise for the thoughtful choice of wines that complement the food perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delray's Foodie ParadiseFantasticVIPDined on 10/4/2014We love this place. This is our go to for any and every occasion. We love going just two of us, and this is our favorite place to bring friends, family, and especially out of towners. This is the closest restaurant you will find in Boca/Delray to satisfy your "foodieness". Something different on the menu every time we go, anchored with a few fan favorites...makes this place both exciting and different, as well as reliable and comforting ! Perfect atmosphere, everytime. P.s. Save room for all three courses!! :)Special Features:
- The groveFritzVIPDined on 10/2/2014is the best food in the area, a simple place, a small menu but very fresh and of excellent qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming restaurantBibiDined on 10/2/2014The Grove is a charming restaurant with food that is very different. The choice of appetizers were very nice, the main course less exciting. To have a quiet time in a good restaurant, I would recommand it.Special Features:
- JritzDined on 9/27/2014We dined at The Grove for the first time this weekend, and it was singularly one of the best overall dining experiences we have ever had. The food was amazing - fabulous presentation, outstanding flavor profiles, the service was exceptional and the dining atmosphere was wonderfully friendly. We will absolutely be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellenceDelrayDivaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Everyone is looking for a restaurant that is consistently excellent. The Grove fits the bill. We have eaten here many times and have never once been disappointed. The food is wonderful, the service (especially Joe) consistently perfect, and the ambiance very pleasant. Although they have a small menu, there is always something to delight the palate. You cannot go wrong. Be aware the prices are high - but it is worth it.Special Features:
- Always a Great Dinner!!beauoliVIPDined on 9/19/2014I love this place. It is my favorite. I love the ambience as well as the food is amazing!! Its so cozy and relaxing and I always have a warm feeling when dining here. I would definitely recommend to all I know. We will return soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A superb experienceik8sqiDined on 9/19/2014This is a "must visit" for us every time we are in this part of the world. Paul is the most welcoming and accommodating person; he will go the extra mile to get your preferences met. The menu changes daily and it tells you a lot about the superior quality of the ingredients used, la creme de la creme in the most creative ways. More than a dining experience, it can be compared to the harmony of a classical music concert in an European opera house. It is not just a perfectly executed mix of scents and flavors, but it is a sensory journey. The interesting part is that every visit to the Grove is different and takes you to discover new chords in this wonderful symphony of senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little bit more of planificationlizjazzizDined on 9/13/20142nd time visiting The Grove. I love the restaurant, the ambiance, the food and service. This time one of the item, the one I chose, the duck, wasn't on the menu and at the time of dessert and coffee, there was no milk. Please plan ahead for next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grove, best food in Delray.NYFoodSnobDined on 9/10/2014The food and service here are fantastic. It rivals many of the good spots in New York. I just wish it was larger so we could get in on a more flexible basis. It is pricey for South Florida but you get what you pay for in our opinion. Hope to use it for special dinners during the season.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousfoodiemcluvinsVIPDined on 9/6/2014Every time we come here we love it. Hands down, one of the best dining experiences in South Florida. From the greeting from Paul to the wonderful wait staff to Michael's delicious creations - you can't go wrong with a meal here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Delray resident for 10 years tried them ALL. This rates as top dog!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Fantastic food and atmosphere. Look forward to dining at The Grove again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over rated foodie spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014This notion of farm to table has just got out of hand. Fresh does not mean meager, inadequate over priced portions, it means fresh. Buyer beware a plate of beets which was the size of a tiny beet is $16. So the place is packed and successful so I gather some people love very tiny portions. The food was good, not great and I left hungry, not too good for $260 for four of us.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereAmaturefoodieDined on 8/29/2014Great good great service. We had the froi gras and the octopus with a great wine from their extensive wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Delray Beachjvd1659VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been here twice now. What a find! Just a few tables, excellent personal service, small but nice wine list and a creative menu that always changes. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014The Grove's food is delicate and light in texture with an absolutely delightful palate and I highly reccomend The Grove.Special Features:
- delraywomanDined on 8/8/2014Superb! Good presentation & attention to details! Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in DelrayLakeIdaGuyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Been here twice now and the food is the best in Delray. Small and intimate setting with a constantly changing menu. Perfect if you are looking for an unbelievable meal with a very good wine selection and staff that are true professionals. Not inexpensive but you get what you pay for consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in South FloridaFoodieDined on 7/29/2014Michael and his team have created a real gem here. Attention to detail both with the food and wine list create one of the best dining experiences is all of Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTseVIPDined on 7/29/2014The Grove is a very small and personable place. There are not very many tables here so you know their focus is on service and food, not on volume. The fusilli with pork cheeks and the ceviche were the best dishes we had this night. They were fantastic!Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 7/26/2014We would never recommend this restaurant. My housband and I arrived at our reservation time, 6:30. We were seated promptly and we ordered drinks and appetizers. When our friends arrived they ordered drinks and we were about to order more appetizers when the waiter said he had to take our entire order at one time and soon. The staff hovered over us the entire time we ate picking up our plates immediately after we finished. At 8:20 they brought us the check and didn't even ask if we were finished. We were finishing our drinks and at 8:30 the waiter came over and told us "I'm sorry but we have to ask you to leave, we have people waiting for your table." We eat at nice restaurants all the time and this was a very disappointing experience.
- Fabulous GroveNorseDined on 7/25/2014Intimate restaurant. Small yet innovative menu. Delicious and fresh food, the chef is simply fantastic. Been there 3 times in four weeks. Combined with the warm and friendly welcome by Paul and the professional and personable service (during our visits) by Joe, the Grove is a fabulous choise for an enjoyable and special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb FoodDelrayDiningGemDined on 7/22/2014I recently had the opportunity to dine at the Grove. It was a wonderful experience and the food was amazing. The staff were attentive and friendly. The bread was warm and delicious...the dessert was delicious. Most of all, the setting was calm and soothing and restful and very modern. I would recommend that everyone who visits Delray ~ have a bite to eat at this Delray gem. Thank you to the chief, staff and servers for providing an exquisite experience. I can rave about this wonderful place to pass the time and dine in Delray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best!RichardBDined on 7/19/2014This is an outstanding restaurant with some of the best food and service in all of South Florida! Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Excellent Meal as AlwaysDelrayDivaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We are so happy that The Grove came to Delray Beach. When we want to go out for a special evening, this is where we think of first. While it is a bit pricey, it is also perfection, and who can put a price on that? We recommend the mushroom soup. It's always on the rotating menu and well worth an order. You might consider sharing the soup, since there will be plenty more food when the entrees arrive! If you can afford to eat here, you should definitely try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Great food in an intimate location. My husband and I have been here 3 times and haven't been disappointed yet. Fabulous wine list and impeccable service!Special Features:
- Small, romantic gemBillVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have visited the Grove several times and it keeps getting better. This is a small, candle-lit space perfect for a romantic evening or a very pleasant night with friends who appreciate wonderful food. The entire staff is welcoming and both knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the food. The wine list is extensive given the size of the restaurant, and very well chosen with a wide range of price points. The menu changes regularly, so there is no point in a "don't miss" comment except one - don't miss this restaurant!Special Features:
- First timer, but not the last timeHnicDined on 7/8/2014I went to this restaurant with my husband. We are new to the area, but were familiar with the restaurant they have in miami. We were blown away by the lamb tartar and the swordfish. Everything was freshly prepared, and divine! Absolutely amazing food. I will dream about their Nutella donuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningPatJordanDined on 7/5/2014the finest meal we have enjoyed since moving to the area five years ago! phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word - "Delicious"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014We have been to the Grove on numerous occasions. The menu selection is always great. You can enjoy a couple appetizers for dinner or go straight to the entre selection. The portions are not overwhelming which is a good thing because it allows room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find But Very Limited MenuSeidelsprayco1VIPDined on 6/28/2014The food and service were excellent. However the menu is very limited and there is only Wine and Beer. The wine list is extensive but the lowest priced wine was $45 a bottle. This is a little high considering you can only have wine or beer. The food was great, but again very, very limited as to choices. 4 choices for appetizers, 4 total choices for entrees. All was prepared to perfection. My wife and I both had the chicken. I started with the Octopus and my wife the beet salad, both great. I am glad I was in the mood for chicken. we will definitely go back. Our server was outstanding and the owner checked a few times on us, by name, which we thought was a nice touch. Next time we will be prepared for the limited selections.Special Features:
- Great food in DelrayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014We chose The Grove for an anniversary dinner because we were traveling with a dog and he was welcome at outdoor seating. Paul is a great host and cook. There is a hint of modern Spanish cuisine in his cooking but with a deft touch. The wine list is quite fun with some nerdy gems, although a bit too marked up for me. We will return.Special Features:
- OutstandingBigtunaDined on 6/24/2014This is my 3rd visit and the Grove never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 217 reviews are from the The Grove reviews archive.
- Gem in DelrayReganezDined on 6/20/2014Better impossible! Others must follow the heart in the kitchen and in the serviceSpecial Features:
- Very GoodFritzVIPDined on 6/11/2014El Restaurant ofrece una carta pequeña pero con platos de muy buena calidad y muy bien presentados. Es de lo mejor que existe en la zona entre Delray Beach y Boca RatonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.