187 NE 2nd Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thegrovedelray.com/
- Phone: 5612663750
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Haycook
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Grove
The Grove will offer contemporary interpretations of rustic cuisine, served in a relaxed, welcoming atmosphere. Small production, boutique wines and craft beers will play a strong role in paying homage to artisan producers and helping to provide a unique and exciting dining experience. We look forward to seeing you at The Grove.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Grove - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
The Grove reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (41)notable wine list (35)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best Restaurant in Delray Beachjvd1659VIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been here twice now. What a find! Just a few tables, excellent personal service, small but nice wine list and a creative menu that always changes. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014The Grove's food is delicate and light in texture with an absolutely delightful palate and I highly reccomend The Grove.Special Features:
- delraywomanDined on 8/8/2014Superb! Good presentation & attention to details! Loved it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in DelrayLakeIdaGuyVIPDined on 8/1/2014Been here twice now and the food is the best in Delray. Small and intimate setting with a constantly changing menu. Perfect if you are looking for an unbelievable meal with a very good wine selection and staff that are true professionals. Not inexpensive but you get what you pay for consistently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in South FloridaFoodieDined on 7/29/2014Michael and his team have created a real gem here. Attention to detail both with the food and wine list create one of the best dining experiences is all of Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RTseVIPDined on 7/29/2014The Grove is a very small and personable place. There are not very many tables here so you know their focus is on service and food, not on volume. The fusilli with pork cheeks and the ceviche were the best dishes we had this night. They were fantastic!Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 7/26/2014We would never recommend this restaurant. My housband and I arrived at our reservation time, 6:30. We were seated promptly and we ordered drinks and appetizers. When our friends arrived they ordered drinks and we were about to order more appetizers when the waiter said he had to take our entire order at one time and soon. The staff hovered over us the entire time we ate picking up our plates immediately after we finished. At 8:20 they brought us the check and didn't even ask if we were finished. We were finishing our drinks and at 8:30 the waiter came over and told us "I'm sorry but we have to ask you to leave, we have people waiting for your table." We eat at nice restaurants all the time and this was a very disappointing experience.
- Fabulous GroveNorseDined on 7/25/2014Intimate restaurant. Small yet innovative menu. Delicious and fresh food, the chef is simply fantastic. Been there 3 times in four weeks. Combined with the warm and friendly welcome by Paul and the professional and personable service (during our visits) by Joe, the Grove is a fabulous choise for an enjoyable and special dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb FoodDelrayDiningGemDined on 7/22/2014I recently had the opportunity to dine at the Grove. It was a wonderful experience and the food was amazing. The staff were attentive and friendly. The bread was warm and delicious...the dessert was delicious. Most of all, the setting was calm and soothing and restful and very modern. I would recommend that everyone who visits Delray ~ have a bite to eat at this Delray gem. Thank you to the chief, staff and servers for providing an exquisite experience. I can rave about this wonderful place to pass the time and dine in Delray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best!RichardBDined on 7/19/2014This is an outstanding restaurant with some of the best food and service in all of South Florida! Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Excellent Meal as AlwaysDelrayDivaVIPDined on 7/19/2014We are so happy that The Grove came to Delray Beach. When we want to go out for a special evening, this is where we think of first. While it is a bit pricey, it is also perfection, and who can put a price on that? We recommend the mushroom soup. It's always on the rotating menu and well worth an order. You might consider sharing the soup, since there will be plenty more food when the entrees arrive! If you can afford to eat here, you should definitely try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Great food in an intimate location. My husband and I have been here 3 times and haven't been disappointed yet. Fabulous wine list and impeccable service!Special Features:
- Small, romantic gemBillVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have visited the Grove several times and it keeps getting better. This is a small, candle-lit space perfect for a romantic evening or a very pleasant night with friends who appreciate wonderful food. The entire staff is welcoming and both knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the food. The wine list is extensive given the size of the restaurant, and very well chosen with a wide range of price points. The menu changes regularly, so there is no point in a "don't miss" comment except one - don't miss this restaurant!Special Features:
- First timer, but not the last timeHnicDined on 7/8/2014I went to this restaurant with my husband. We are new to the area, but were familiar with the restaurant they have in miami. We were blown away by the lamb tartar and the swordfish. Everything was freshly prepared, and divine! Absolutely amazing food. I will dream about their Nutella donuts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fine diningPatJordanDined on 7/5/2014the finest meal we have enjoyed since moving to the area five years ago! phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Word - "Delicious"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014We have been to the Grove on numerous occasions. The menu selection is always great. You can enjoy a couple appetizers for dinner or go straight to the entre selection. The portions are not overwhelming which is a good thing because it allows room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find But Very Limited MenuSeidelsprayco1VIPDined on 6/28/2014The food and service were excellent. However the menu is very limited and there is only Wine and Beer. The wine list is extensive but the lowest priced wine was $45 a bottle. This is a little high considering you can only have wine or beer. The food was great, but again very, very limited as to choices. 4 choices for appetizers, 4 total choices for entrees. All was prepared to perfection. My wife and I both had the chicken. I started with the Octopus and my wife the beet salad, both great. I am glad I was in the mood for chicken. we will definitely go back. Our server was outstanding and the owner checked a few times on us, by name, which we thought was a nice touch. Next time we will be prepared for the limited selections.Special Features:
- Great food in DelrayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014We chose The Grove for an anniversary dinner because we were traveling with a dog and he was welcome at outdoor seating. Paul is a great host and cook. There is a hint of modern Spanish cuisine in his cooking but with a deft touch. The wine list is quite fun with some nerdy gems, although a bit too marked up for me. We will return.Special Features:
- OutstandingBigtunaDined on 6/24/2014This is my 3rd visit and the Grove never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in DelrayReganezDined on 6/20/2014Better impossible! Others must follow the heart in the kitchen and in the serviceSpecial Features:
- Very GoodFritzVIPDined on 6/11/2014El Restaurant ofrece una carta pequeña pero con platos de muy buena calidad y muy bien presentados. Es de lo mejor que existe en la zona entre Delray Beach y Boca RatonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentJTnChristieVIPDined on 6/6/2014Friday night dining in Delray Beach can be frenetic and somewhat boisterous, but The Grove stands as a bastion for fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere. A few tables, maybe seats 40 with the lovely outdoor seating combined with the warm but contemporary dining room. Service from appropriately attentive and knowledgable servers is perfect. They have had the same server staff since opening and it shows. Paul, the host, is engaging and funny, quick to notice your needs and always sincerely interested in your experience. Go twice and he will remember your name. Michael, the chef and senior partner, is creative and also friendly. Don't miss the best food and atmosphere in Delray Beach!Special Features:
- The Grove Impresses AgainLuckyInDelrayVIPDined on 6/6/2014I have been to this restaurant a number of times and it has never disappointed. As with many Chef owned establishments, this is a small restaurant with limited menu of always fresh and interesting appetizers and entrees. Eclectic and interesting wine list, very friendly and attentive service. Despite its size they refrain from jamming tables right next to each other, something I particularly appreciate. A real pleasure in Delray Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!!beauoliVIPDined on 6/6/2014We LOVE this place!! The atmosphere is fantastic - the food superb!! Every time we come we are welcomed by Paul who is one of the owners..They pay personal attention to every detail. Just a great esperience all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/31/2014The food is the beast we have had in Delray and we've eaten at everyone of those restaurants. My husband's octopus appetizer was phenomenal (I'd NEVER consider ordering it but I loved it) and was a perfect compliment to my portobella mushroom soup laced with hazelnuts. The entrees, Swordfish and broiled chicken were also superb. Cappuccino…perfect. Recommend you skip the nutella donuts despite other reviews.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationFoodie2ShoesDined on 5/30/2014This was our second year to celebrate our anniversary at The Grove. A nice touch to bring glasses of champagne as soon as we were settled. The food was as outstanding as we remembered. . .and the staff was attentive and efficient. It will be a celebration ritual - and we plan to return soon with friends who will appreciate such a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely dining experiencePumpkinDined on 5/29/2014We dined outside at a table for 2. The owner was so friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious and the wine list was extensive. Don't miss the made to order nutella donuts! Over the top yummy!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetDebShafferFoodieDined on 5/28/2014The Chef is sublime! The atmosphere and decor is elegant, sophisticated and interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smart, sophisticatedEatingdpandagVIPDined on 5/24/2014What a wonderful find! Small, intimate, and beautiful. Concise menu with great choices. Nice wine list and great service. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- smallBoyntonBoyVIPDined on 5/21/2014The Grove is a very small restaurant, 28 seeds the food is exquisite and the service is impeccable I would recommendl Two foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/21/2014Great food, and very accommodating. Called to stay I would be 15-20 min late, and Paul, the host indicated that it wouldn't be a problem. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary, but didn't mention it until we arrived. Paula hooked us up with a nice gesture of 2 glasses of delicious champagne . Food was great! Bit of a limited menu. Service was great too!Special Features:
- Incredible MealMeandherVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food, service and hospitality of the owners could not be better. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- SweetpeaDined on 5/15/2014All i can say is this is the best restaurant in Delray.Special Features:
- lynmaryDined on 5/15/2014fabulous meal - had tried to reserve all Spring. Now I know why. All 3 of us loved everything we ate. Will definitely go again when I return to FL. Wonderful service and house Chard as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodThomVIPDined on 5/9/2014From the time Paul greets you at the door, it is a great dining experience. Food and atmosphere were great. Be sure to save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DocsaltDocsaltDined on 5/8/2014Small space with clean modern yet warm environment. Excellent renditions of classics dishes with fresh twists and high quality ingredients. Pricey with the small portions but delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant Palm Beach countySuperfoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We are always looking for an excuse to travel to Delray to eat at this gem of a restaurant. It's consistently superb food. The staff and ambiance awesome, down to the homemade mouth watering Nutella donutsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly spectacular foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2014This may sound crazy, but out dinners the other night was one of the best meals I can remember. Perfection! Great ambience, great service and food beyond our expectation. Shhhh. It's the best secret in Delray.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 198 reviews are from the The Grove reviews archive.
- A real pleasureRHKCDined on 5/1/2014A perfect dining experience is very rare and that's what we had. Amazing food, kind service, with low lights and quiet enough for conversation.Special Features:
- TopOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2014this is our favourite place in delray. perfect service perfect foodSpecial Features: