The Grilled Oyster Company
7943 Tuckerman Ln
Potomac, MD 20854Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Grilled Oyster Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thegrilledoystercompany.com/
- Phone: 3012999888x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Grilled Oyster Company
The Grilled Oyster Company is a regionally inspired fresh seafood & raw bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Grilled Oyster Company - Best Restaurants in Potomac ›
The Grilled Oyster Company reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (135)fit for foodies (62)great for lunch (39)special occasion (34)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (28)notable wine list (18)hot spot (14)great for brunch (13)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (12)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistently great foodouttakitchenDined on 9/13/2014You can always count on great food at The Grilled Oyster. Salads and entrees are excellent. The noise level is pretty high at the busiest dinner time. Get there early or drop in for a later dinner and the ambiance changes. Much less energetic. Still, the service is like a well-oiled machine. Everyone pitches in, so you're never without attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable2good2btruDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent. Came out hot not rushed between apps and entre. Service was very attentive without hoveringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great OystersAdrienneDined on 9/13/2014We tried several of their specialty oyster dishes and they were all delicious and special in their own way, definitely the highlight of the meal. The entree dishes were the lowlight, not bad but could have been better. My sister enjoyed the 3-fish 3 different ways, my father said the mahi-mahi was just okay and I thought the oyster po-boy was just okay. The po-boy to had good flavor with the sauce but too much bread.Special Features:
- Food overcooked in pleasant placedrl13Dined on 9/13/2014I met relatives here for dinner on a Saturday evening. Tucked into a strip shopping center it wasn't quite what I was expecting but the inside is lovely and the service was enthusiastic and knowledgable. My wine choices were good too. However, the seafood was overcooked and tasteless. On the table set for 4 people instead of bread there were 4 carrot sticks, 4 celery sticks and 4 sesame sticks with a bland flavored dip. Looked kind of sad but set the tone for the meal that followed. I ordered ciopine which had steamed shrimp that was steamed to toughness and a bland tomato sauce. The oysters at the beginning were nothing special also. There was a deviled crab starter that was tasty but expensive. Not returning.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceJlkfDined on 9/12/2014Always excellent food and service. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- Fantastic Non-Chain SeafoodLeendaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wow. Imagine finding succulent seafood in a strip mall! Outstanding service, nice ambience, reasonable variety of seafood and non-seafood items. Inventive, approachable wine list. After 2 visits, 1 lunch and 1 dinner, we will make it a regular hangout. Highlights so far are oysters, BBQ shrimp, crab cakes, scallops. Hooray for this find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMichaelDined on 9/5/2014We went after a recommendation from Yelp regarding oyster bars. This is a fine little place in Potomac. The service was friendly, prompt and knowledgable. The oysters and mussels were steamed just right and served hot. The oyster and mussel linguini was fantastic, especially in the spicy tomato broth. Would highly recommend this to anyone loving fresh shellfish.Special Features:
- Pay attention, RickLLV2VIPDined on 9/3/2014Rick is the owner. He isn't there much since they made it to Bethesda magazine. It took way too long to get a glass of wine while I waited for my husband to join me. Food came out FAST. Once my husband finished his soup (which came asap)...out came the entrees. My rockfish was o.k., but the sauce gave it a good grade. My husband's shrimp Caesar was disappointing. CLEAN YOUR SHRIMP! For goodness sakes, you are a restaurant that specializes in seafood. We brought this to the attention of the server and didn't even get an "I'm sorry", which given how often we've eaten there was all we really wanted. It was my husband's first time ordering that dish.
- First visitHankPVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great, if you're a raw oyster fan -- only one of our party of four was. The variety of cooked oyster appetizers is impressive, one of our foursome made a meal of those. I tried a couple of those which were pretty good and a PoBoy Oyster sandwich. It was OK but it was hard to find the oysters in the batter. My wife had a salmon entree which she said was very good.Special Features:
- Continues to pleasePeggyDined on 8/28/2014We've enjoyed a couple of dinners now at the Grilled Oyster Company. The food is consistently good and they have a nice, interesting wine list. In general, we don't feel rushed and the service is good. Would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!Carol403Dined on 8/26/2014Our server was very efficient and made some excellent chooses in how to serve our appetizers. We had ordered several items to share and he presented them one at a time so that we could fully enjoy each item.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD & FLEXIBLE CHOICES!LoisVIPDined on 8/26/2014Being on a low sodium/no salt regimen, I can always find something good to eat at this destination. Exceedingly caring, the wait staff and kitchen can be relied upon to suggest choices that are tasty and not the usual steamed bland fare. Specializing in fresh seafood, I enjoy these healthy choices and return on a regular basis. When crowded with patrons, the noise level is a decided problem. Come early before the crowds!Special Features:
- Good timeDateVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have had two great experiences here. Very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended and approved ...ricspicsDined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was strongly recommended by friends who have been multiple times. Food was terrific, service outstanding. The one knock was the loudness, it seemed every table was trying to outshout the next table ... you know you have a an issue when sitting just two feet from someone and you have to lean it and shout. I'm finding this more and more at newly crafted restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicedawnindcDined on 8/23/2014Don't judge a book by it's cover. Tucked away in a non-descript strip mall, Grilled Oyster can easily (and mistakenly) be missed. This is a terrific spot. We had dinner there w/ a few couples & everyone raved about their food. They also have a nice raw bar for oysters, etc... My husband adored his calamari (light & lemony). I had the stuffed lobster special--awesome! The service was fantastic too. Our waitress didn't hover, but she kept the food and drink coming all night and was very attentive. For example, one of our friends ordered steak -- the waitress walked by and noticed it wasn't cooked to his liking (he didn't say a thing) and she came back a few minutes later with a brand new dinner for him--unsolicited. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levels spoiled the eveningHungryinbethesdaDined on 8/22/2014We dined with a small party of 4 early on a Friday evening. (Our second visit). We love the menu. A lively bar crowd made navigating through to the restaurant section challenging. The noise level was so high that our "pardon me," and "excuse me," expressions to people blocking our way went unheard. After we got to our table, we had difficulty in talking with one another and hearing our waitstaff person explain the specials and menu details. I do not understand why this gem of a dining establishment would not invest in some level of sound-deadening treatment. Even a modest treatment would yield positive dining experience results. Please seriously consider this to reap the maximum benefit of pleasurable dining for your customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great soft shellsLarryVIPDined on 8/17/2014The best soft shell crab we've ever had- meaty, tasty white meal. Generous portions Attentive service Reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood DiningSearchingForGreatFoodDined on 8/16/2014A neighborhood gem in Cabin John Shopping Center. Good Happy Hour (4 - 7 PM) and also Late Night (9 - close). Amazing food and drinks. Enjoyable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YworryVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have eaten here on many occasions & highly recommend it for food quality as well as excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grilled oysterlindaDined on 8/8/2014We had a great waitress very attentive restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere. We had been meaning to try it just never got there. Glad we finally did. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food & ServiceBkirieDined on 8/8/2014Grilled Oyster is an extremely welcome addition to the neighborhood! Service was excellent with our server providing cordial friendly and efficient service! Food is also terrific. Seafood is fresh, tasty and cooked perfectly! We especially enjoyed the fish trio (tuna, salmon, and rockfish) each fish portion with its own small garnish/accompaniment and skillfully cooked (ie not over cooked)Special Features:
- Always a great place to eatsurfergirlVIPDined on 8/7/2014Spinach salad with salmon extremely satisfying. Also the salad that has speghetti squash is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation SupriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/20145 of is came in on Friday night to celebrate a special graduation. Between the five of us, we tried a variety of drinks and menu listings. All I can say is... Awesome fresh seafood! It made the night memorable. We will be bringing more family and friends there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular restaurant at Cabin JohnAllanDined on 8/1/2014Often I pass this restaurant, I notice that the house is always full...better to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely greatsurfergirlVIPDined on 7/31/2014Each salad plentiful, tasty and satisfying! Chicken wrap sandwich a hit as well! Restaurant never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time dining here and it certainly won't be our last. The wine list is very nice and when I couldn't decide between two wines, the waitress brought me a small glass of each to try. The portions are perfect sized, the pairings of fish with side dishes unique and the kids menu is wonderful. The service was attentive and the waitress made helpful recommendations that were delicious. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer Will Be Second TimerBarryVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our first trip to this restaurant and we will definitely return. The food was terrific. We shared two appetizers and both were great. The calamari was very fresh. Not rubbery or chewy and had great flavor. My wife and I both has the cioppino and loved it.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedsurfergirlVIPDined on 7/24/2014Salmon spinach salad my lunch fave. Table had 3 different salads--all excellent! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great "Go to" placePhyllisDined on 7/21/2014The Grilled Oyster is always fun and reliable with a fun atmosphere, great food, including a range of specials and attentive service. I strongly recommend this for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood GemGloriaMDined on 7/19/2014We recently moved to this area and walked in this place and got hooked. We just love it here, great fresh food and friendly staff!Special Features:
- good seafoodStuart22Dined on 7/18/2014If you like seafood that is fresh, this is the place. Everything we had was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but Louddinersb8995Dined on 7/12/2014The food and service was excellent however, the noise level was very high. We arrived for a 9:15 reservation and it wasn't tell 10:15 that we could hear each other at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceGentleBenVIPDined on 7/12/2014Excellent experience from the moment we entered to the moment we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantgarykVIPDined on 7/12/2014We really enjoy this place for its food, its service and its convenience.Special Features:
- I like seafood and...Washington1Dined on 7/12/2014I like seafood and the oysters were wonderful here.We had the fish tacos, crab and shrimp and all were prepared very well indeed. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Too noisyHungryinbethesdaDined on 7/9/2014The high clattery noise level spoiled an otherwise perfect evening of excellent food, attentive service and all around great dining. There is no sound deadening in the high overhead ceiling, nor floor carpeting. Our party of seven found it difficult to converse across the table or with another two seats away. Too bad, because otherwise it would be a top dining experience.Special Features:
- Great for the whole familyCubitVIPDined on 7/5/2014We adore the Grilled Oyster. The seafood is fresh, the menu is delicious and consistently made, and they have terrific kids meals that go beyond the standard chicken fingers and pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAIR FAIR FAIRKNOTDined on 7/4/2014Dined early on 7/4. Entree fish was fishy tasting, entree was delivered before appetizer (which was then cancelled), no paper towels in restroom.
- Great food!RoseBuddyDined on 6/28/2014The Thai basil mussels are a must! Fabulous! The lobster was wonderful. They substituted grilled vegetables since I didn't want fries. We had a drink outside on the couches and it was a lovely night. Very accommodating and amiable wait staff. I would go here again in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Soft Shell Crab SandswichattyladyDined on 6/28/2014I was visiting MD from FL and this is my first visit to Grilled Oyster Company. The oysters were wonderful and my lunch entree of a soft shell crab cake sandwich was delicious, as were the french fries that accompanied it. It will be a "must return" on my next trip north.Special Features: