The Grilled Oyster Company
7943 Tuckerman Ln
Potomac, MD 20854Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Grilled Oyster Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thegrilledoystercompany.com/
- Phone: 3012999888x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Grilled Oyster Company
The Grilled Oyster Company is a regionally inspired fresh seafood & raw bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
The Grilled Oyster Company - Best Restaurants in Potomac ›
The Grilled Oyster Company reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (138)fit for foodies (57)great for lunch (41)special occasion (32)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (30)notable wine list (18)hot spot (17)great for brunch (17)romantic (16)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014Our server was very efficient and made some excellent chooses in how to serve our appetizers. We had ordered several items to share and he presented them one at a time so that we could fully enjoy each item.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD & FLEXIBLE CHOICES!LoisVIPDined on 8/26/2014Being on a low sodium/no salt regimen, I can always find something good to eat at this destination. Exceedingly caring, the wait staff and kitchen can be relied upon to suggest choices that are tasty and not the usual steamed bland fare. Specializing in fresh seafood, I enjoy these healthy choices and return on a regular basis. When crowded with patrons, the noise level is a decided problem. Come early before the crowds!Special Features:
- Good timeDateVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have had two great experiences here. Very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended and approved ...ricspicsDined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was strongly recommended by friends who have been multiple times. Food was terrific, service outstanding. The one knock was the loudness, it seemed every table was trying to outshout the next table ... you know you have a an issue when sitting just two feet from someone and you have to lean it and shout. I'm finding this more and more at newly crafted restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicedawnindcDined on 8/23/2014Don't judge a book by it's cover. Tucked away in a non-descript strip mall, Grilled Oyster can easily (and mistakenly) be missed. This is a terrific spot. We had dinner there w/ a few couples & everyone raved about their food. They also have a nice raw bar for oysters, etc... My husband adored his calamari (light & lemony). I had the stuffed lobster special--awesome! The service was fantastic too. Our waitress didn't hover, but she kept the food and drink coming all night and was very attentive. For example, one of our friends ordered steak -- the waitress walked by and noticed it wasn't cooked to his liking (he didn't say a thing) and she came back a few minutes later with a brand new dinner for him--unsolicited. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levels spoiled the eveningHungryinbethesdaDined on 8/22/2014We dined with a small party of 4 early on a Friday evening. (Our second visit). We love the menu. A lively bar crowd made navigating through to the restaurant section challenging. The noise level was so high that our "pardon me," and "excuse me," expressions to people blocking our way went unheard. After we got to our table, we had difficulty in talking with one another and hearing our waitstaff person explain the specials and menu details. I do not understand why this gem of a dining establishment would not invest in some level of sound-deadening treatment. Even a modest treatment would yield positive dining experience results. Please seriously consider this to reap the maximum benefit of pleasurable dining for your customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great soft shellsLarryVIPDined on 8/17/2014The best soft shell crab we've ever had- meaty, tasty white meal. Generous portions Attentive service Reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YworryVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have eaten here on many occasions & highly recommend it for food quality as well as excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grilled oysterlindaDined on 8/8/2014We had a great waitress very attentive restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere. We had been meaning to try it just never got there. Glad we finally did. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food & ServiceBkirieDined on 8/8/2014Grilled Oyster is an extremely welcome addition to the neighborhood! Service was excellent with our server providing cordial friendly and efficient service! Food is also terrific. Seafood is fresh, tasty and cooked perfectly! We especially enjoyed the fish trio (tuna, salmon, and rockfish) each fish portion with its own small garnish/accompaniment and skillfully cooked (ie not over cooked)Special Features:
- Always a great place to eatsurfergirlVIPDined on 8/7/2014Spinach salad with salmon extremely satisfying. Also the salad that has speghetti squash is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation SupriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/20145 of is came in on Friday night to celebrate a special graduation. Between the five of us, we tried a variety of drinks and menu listings. All I can say is... Awesome fresh seafood! It made the night memorable. We will be bringing more family and friends there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular restaurant at Cabin JohnAllanDined on 8/1/2014Often I pass this restaurant, I notice that the house is always full...better to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely greatsurfergirlVIPDined on 7/31/2014Each salad plentiful, tasty and satisfying! Chicken wrap sandwich a hit as well! Restaurant never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time dining here and it certainly won't be our last. The wine list is very nice and when I couldn't decide between two wines, the waitress brought me a small glass of each to try. The portions are perfect sized, the pairings of fish with side dishes unique and the kids menu is wonderful. The service was attentive and the waitress made helpful recommendations that were delicious. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timer Will Be Second TimerBarryVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our first trip to this restaurant and we will definitely return. The food was terrific. We shared two appetizers and both were great. The calamari was very fresh. Not rubbery or chewy and had great flavor. My wife and I both has the cioppino and loved it.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedsurfergirlVIPDined on 7/24/2014Salmon spinach salad my lunch fave. Table had 3 different salads--all excellent! Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great "Go to" placePhyllisDined on 7/21/2014The Grilled Oyster is always fun and reliable with a fun atmosphere, great food, including a range of specials and attentive service. I strongly recommend this for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood GemGloriaMDined on 7/19/2014We recently moved to this area and walked in this place and got hooked. We just love it here, great fresh food and friendly staff!Special Features:
- good seafoodStuart22Dined on 7/18/2014If you like seafood that is fresh, this is the place. Everything we had was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but Louddinersb8995Dined on 7/12/2014The food and service was excellent however, the noise level was very high. We arrived for a 9:15 reservation and it wasn't tell 10:15 that we could hear each other at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very niceGentleBenVIPDined on 7/12/2014Excellent experience from the moment we entered to the moment we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantgarykDined on 7/12/2014We really enjoy this place for its food, its service and its convenience.Special Features:
- I like seafood and...Washington1Dined on 7/12/2014I like seafood and the oysters were wonderful here.We had the fish tacos, crab and shrimp and all were prepared very well indeed. Will return soon.Special Features:
- Too noisyHungryinbethesdaDined on 7/9/2014The high clattery noise level spoiled an otherwise perfect evening of excellent food, attentive service and all around great dining. There is no sound deadening in the high overhead ceiling, nor floor carpeting. Our party of seven found it difficult to converse across the table or with another two seats away. Too bad, because otherwise it would be a top dining experience.Special Features:
- Great for the whole familyCubitVIPDined on 7/5/2014We adore the Grilled Oyster. The seafood is fresh, the menu is delicious and consistently made, and they have terrific kids meals that go beyond the standard chicken fingers and pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAIR FAIR FAIRKNOTDined on 7/4/2014Dined early on 7/4. Entree fish was fishy tasting, entree was delivered before appetizer (which was then cancelled), no paper towels in restroom.
- Great food!RoseBuddyDined on 6/28/2014The Thai basil mussels are a must! Fabulous! The lobster was wonderful. They substituted grilled vegetables since I didn't want fries. We had a drink outside on the couches and it was a lovely night. Very accommodating and amiable wait staff. I would go here again in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Soft Shell Crab SandswichattyladyDined on 6/28/2014I was visiting MD from FL and this is my first visit to Grilled Oyster Company. The oysters were wonderful and my lunch entree of a soft shell crab cake sandwich was delicious, as were the french fries that accompanied it. It will be a "must return" on my next trip north.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureJustAnotherThoughtDined on 6/25/2014We have dined at The Grilled Oyster Company on many occasions and it is always outstanding. Staff is very cordial and accommodating. We just love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When It's Good...JohnGaltDined on 6/25/2014...it's very good. When it's not is another story for another time. The reservation was honored on time with prompt seating. That evening our party had raw oysters, barbecue shrimp, Ipswich clams, mussels in wine, steamed clams and a crab cake sandwich. The timing of the dishes was excellent and the steamed or fried items arrived piping hot. Particularly notable were the fried Ipswich clams and the crab cake. We have had them many times and they are always excellent. The mussels and steamed clams come with plenty of toasted bread for dipping in the broths. When Ben is running the house and Rachel is your server, a great meal can almost be guaranteed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchsmitDined on 6/22/2014We ordered eggs Benedict and they were barely warm and definitely overcooked. More like hard boiled eggs than poached eggs. I don't recommend brunch here. The place was also empty, only 3 tables in use.
- Much better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/21/2014The look of this little strip-mall restaurant did not give me high expectations, but the food was terrific and the service was great. As soon as we sat down the waitress brought a little amuse bouche with strips of flatbread, carrots and celery with a little bit of dip -- just enough to take the edge off and puit us in a good mood. The Chesepeake oysters were big and cold, and ther three dishes we ordered -- a whole lobster (with a great, easy-to-eat presentation), the scallops/clams linguine in tomato sauce, and the crab cakes -- were each wonderful. We topped the night with a key lime tart and the duo of vanilla and chocolate creme brulee. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fried clams but too noisyclamsVIPDined on 6/20/2014good fried whole belly clams and good fried oysters. but its too noisy to have a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodCrazeeebabyVIPDined on 6/19/2014The place is cute and the bar is a nice place to sit and have a drink and some happy hour food. The food was OK, not great and not gourmet but good enough. I would not go out of my way to go there again because Nantucket's is better.
- Grilled Oyster Dinner 6/17/14gregDined on 6/17/2014We have eaten lunch several times and dinner twice. Great service. Good time. We are fans, but too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for the oystersweheartRIDined on 6/15/2014Not too many places serve Rhode Island oysters. That's what we went for and they were great. Fresh, cool, served nicely. The fish and seafood dishes have been very good. Also very good wine selection. Great service. surprisingly nice setting for the strip mall location. Sides and veggies need an upgrade to compare with the oysters and fish. We'll be going back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinVIPDined on 6/15/2014Seafood at its best, plus the burgers are great. The service is outstanding. Most accommodating staff in the area.Special Features:
- Nice little placeanniespaVIPDined on 6/14/2014A good neighborhood place. In contrast to other reviews, the service was excellent. Food was good, wine list overpriced but reasonable selections. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Good seafoodfoodie007VIPDined on 6/13/2014I like this place for a very civilized lunch. The lunch special of grilled trout was very good, but the dish that really stands out is the chocolate lava cake. Yum. Sinful too.Special Features: