The Grilled Oyster Company
7943 Tuckerman Ln
Potomac, MD 20854Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Grilled Oyster Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thegrilledoystercompany.com/
- Phone: 3012999888x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Grilled Oyster Company
The Grilled Oyster Company is a regionally inspired fresh seafood & raw bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Grilled Oyster Company - Best Restaurants in Potomac ›
The Grilled Oyster Company reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (119)fit for foodies (62)great for lunch (38)good for groups (36)special occasion (32)vibrant bar scene (26)notable wine list (19)hot spot (18)great for outdoor dining (14)great for brunch (12)romantic (12)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- You Can Count on Grilled OystersurfergirlVIPDined on 10/23/2014Every week my friends and I meet for lunch and every week we enjoy lunch together at our fave neighborhood haunt! Great salads, chicken wrap sandwich huge and dish. Fish tacos fair! Service stellar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood DelightchefnanaVIPDined on 10/20/2014Great oysters and crab cakes fixed the old fashioned Maryland way. The Grilled Oyster Company is a great neighbor gem. Glad we found it on Open Table! ChefnanaSpecial Features:
- Great Local OystersMojoVIPDined on 10/19/2014I loved the selection of oysters. We tried 4 different kinds and they were all really good. I also like the opening free carrots, celery and crackers with dip. Service has improved too.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and service!brador59Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I visited the area for a conference and found this restaurant on OpenTable and decided to give it a try. I travel to New York and worked in Las Vegas at avenue with two Scott Conant restaurants, and I put the food at the Grilled Oyster on par or better than the restaurants I frequented in New York and Vegas, especially at this price point. Service was also excellent, and the crab cakes are awesome, as were the scallops recommended by our waiter. Probably both some of the best we had ever had. This place was definitely worth the trip, and great value for the money.Special Features:
- A Potomac Neighborhood gem!gdeatsDined on 10/17/2014Pleasantly surprised to find this gem of a restaurant nestled away in the neighborhoods in Potomac, MD. Food is good and you get plenty. The staff go above and beyond to make your dining experience memorable and keep you coming back. I will certainly dine here again and again! Good eats! Felicia E.Special Features:
- A fun night outanniespaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Very good food, reasonably priced wine list. Our new go to place for a causal dinner. Extremely friendly. Just a bit too noisy.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Seafood PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014I had been seeing the Grilled Oyster company on Open Table as one of our local resturants. My wife and I decided to try it on our useual Wednesday inght dinner out schedule. We were pleasnatly surprised and please by botrh the quality of the selection and the food itself. It has a great seafood menu. We will definagtely return to this local gem. The only draw back was it was a little noiseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forever favesurfergirlVIPDined on 10/2/2014Salads excellent! Specials are hilights! Service is what you hope for in a restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Quite GoodPiccolaDined on 10/1/2014To be honest, I was a little concerned about the strip mall location for a quiet romantic dinner for two. But the ambiance was quite nice, and the food was, while not spectacular, quite good. They seem to be a little heavy on the sauces on the main dishes, but the fish was fresh and the raw bar was excellent. The wine list, while nothing special, had something for every taste and complemented the menu.Special Features:
- A bit disappointing this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/30/2014The last time we went, it was great -- food, service, etc. This time they forgot one appetizer until reminded well after 1st was delivered. Fries were cool; coleslaw was limp, and lobster was dried out as was the filet mignon. Our waiter did give us a free dessert to compensate. Because we sat in the dining area, we could not take advantage of the happy hour prices nor buy them and bring to our table. We'll go again though and hope for a better night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and usually goodMortyZVIPDined on 9/22/2014It was an off day for a usually great experience. The food us usually outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayJDL2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent location. The complimentary Valet parking was also unexpected and very much appreciated. We came here for lunch and would definitely return / recommend to family/ friends.Special Features:
- Consistently great foodouttakitchenDined on 9/13/2014You can always count on great food at The Grilled Oyster. Salads and entrees are excellent. The noise level is pretty high at the busiest dinner time. Get there early or drop in for a later dinner and the ambiance changes. Much less energetic. Still, the service is like a well-oiled machine. Everyone pitches in, so you're never without attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable2good2btruDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent. Came out hot not rushed between apps and entre. Service was very attentive without hoveringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good- not greatFoodMavenVIPDined on 9/13/2014While tasty (except for the soggy french fries and the Caeser salad whose dressing was mostly chese), nothing was great. For the price point -eh. But it was Saturday night, the worst day to eat out, so maybe it is better on weekday nights.
- Great OystersAdrienneDined on 9/13/2014We tried several of their specialty oyster dishes and they were all delicious and special in their own way, definitely the highlight of the meal. The entree dishes were the lowlight, not bad but could have been better. My sister enjoyed the 3-fish 3 different ways, my father said the mahi-mahi was just okay and I thought the oyster po-boy was just okay. The po-boy to had good flavor with the sauce but too much bread.Special Features:
- Food overcooked in pleasant placedrl13Dined on 9/13/2014I met relatives here for dinner on a Saturday evening. Tucked into a strip shopping center it wasn't quite what I was expecting but the inside is lovely and the service was enthusiastic and knowledgable. My wine choices were good too. However, the seafood was overcooked and tasteless. On the table set for 4 people instead of bread there were 4 carrot sticks, 4 celery sticks and 4 sesame sticks with a bland flavored dip. Looked kind of sad but set the tone for the meal that followed. I ordered ciopine which had steamed shrimp that was steamed to toughness and a bland tomato sauce. The oysters at the beginning were nothing special also. There was a deviled crab starter that was tasty but expensive. Not returning.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceJlkfDined on 9/12/2014Always excellent food and service. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- Fantastic Non-Chain SeafoodLeendaVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wow. Imagine finding succulent seafood in a strip mall! Outstanding service, nice ambience, reasonable variety of seafood and non-seafood items. Inventive, approachable wine list. After 2 visits, 1 lunch and 1 dinner, we will make it a regular hangout. Highlights so far are oysters, BBQ shrimp, crab cakes, scallops. Hooray for this find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMichaelDined on 9/5/2014We went after a recommendation from Yelp regarding oyster bars. This is a fine little place in Potomac. The service was friendly, prompt and knowledgable. The oysters and mussels were steamed just right and served hot. The oyster and mussel linguini was fantastic, especially in the spicy tomato broth. Would highly recommend this to anyone loving fresh shellfish.Special Features:
- Pay attention, RickLLV2VIPDined on 9/3/2014Rick is the owner. He isn't there much since they made it to Bethesda magazine. It took way too long to get a glass of wine while I waited for my husband to join me. Food came out FAST. Once my husband finished his soup (which came asap)...out came the entrees. My rockfish was o.k., but the sauce gave it a good grade. My husband's shrimp Caesar was disappointing. CLEAN YOUR SHRIMP! For goodness sakes, you are a restaurant that specializes in seafood. We brought this to the attention of the server and didn't even get an "I'm sorry", which given how often we've eaten there was all we really wanted. It was my husband's first time ordering that dish.
- First visitHankPVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great, if you're a raw oyster fan -- only one of our party of four was. The variety of cooked oyster appetizers is impressive, one of our foursome made a meal of those. I tried a couple of those which were pretty good and a PoBoy Oyster sandwich. It was OK but it was hard to find the oysters in the batter. My wife had a salmon entree which she said was very good.Special Features:
- Continues to pleasePeggyDined on 8/28/2014We've enjoyed a couple of dinners now at the Grilled Oyster Company. The food is consistently good and they have a nice, interesting wine list. In general, we don't feel rushed and the service is good. Would definitely recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!Carol403Dined on 8/26/2014Our server was very efficient and made some excellent chooses in how to serve our appetizers. We had ordered several items to share and he presented them one at a time so that we could fully enjoy each item.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD & FLEXIBLE CHOICES!LoisVIPDined on 8/26/2014Being on a low sodium/no salt regimen, I can always find something good to eat at this destination. Exceedingly caring, the wait staff and kitchen can be relied upon to suggest choices that are tasty and not the usual steamed bland fare. Specializing in fresh seafood, I enjoy these healthy choices and return on a regular basis. When crowded with patrons, the noise level is a decided problem. Come early before the crowds!Special Features:
- Good timeDateVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have had two great experiences here. Very consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended and approved ...ricspicsDined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was strongly recommended by friends who have been multiple times. Food was terrific, service outstanding. The one knock was the loudness, it seemed every table was trying to outshout the next table ... you know you have a an issue when sitting just two feet from someone and you have to lean it and shout. I'm finding this more and more at newly crafted restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicedawnindcDined on 8/23/2014Don't judge a book by it's cover. Tucked away in a non-descript strip mall, Grilled Oyster can easily (and mistakenly) be missed. This is a terrific spot. We had dinner there w/ a few couples & everyone raved about their food. They also have a nice raw bar for oysters, etc... My husband adored his calamari (light & lemony). I had the stuffed lobster special--awesome! The service was fantastic too. Our waitress didn't hover, but she kept the food and drink coming all night and was very attentive. For example, one of our friends ordered steak -- the waitress walked by and noticed it wasn't cooked to his liking (he didn't say a thing) and she came back a few minutes later with a brand new dinner for him--unsolicited. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levels spoiled the eveningHungryinbethesdaDined on 8/22/2014We dined with a small party of 4 early on a Friday evening. (Our second visit). We love the menu. A lively bar crowd made navigating through to the restaurant section challenging. The noise level was so high that our "pardon me," and "excuse me," expressions to people blocking our way went unheard. After we got to our table, we had difficulty in talking with one another and hearing our waitstaff person explain the specials and menu details. I do not understand why this gem of a dining establishment would not invest in some level of sound-deadening treatment. Even a modest treatment would yield positive dining experience results. Please seriously consider this to reap the maximum benefit of pleasurable dining for your customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great soft shellsLarryVIPDined on 8/17/2014The best soft shell crab we've ever had- meaty, tasty white meal. Generous portions Attentive service Reasonable pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood DiningSearchingForGreatFoodDined on 8/16/2014A neighborhood gem in Cabin John Shopping Center. Good Happy Hour (4 - 7 PM) and also Late Night (9 - close). Amazing food and drinks. Enjoyable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!FuffinVIPDined on 8/14/2014I love this place, I've been twice now. They have a great little outdoor spot for HH and the deals at HH are great! We had a large group, they were very accommodating. We tried almost one of everything and I have to say there wasn't a bad dish!! I could go into detail but really it's not necessary. The service is great, the ambiance is fun and the food is fantastic. Definitely a place to go!!Special Features:
- YworryVIPDined on 8/13/2014We have eaten here on many occasions & highly recommend it for food quality as well as excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grilled oysterlindaDined on 8/8/2014We had a great waitress very attentive restaurant had a pleasant atmosphere. We had been meaning to try it just never got there. Glad we finally did. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food & ServiceBkirieDined on 8/8/2014Grilled Oyster is an extremely welcome addition to the neighborhood! Service was excellent with our server providing cordial friendly and efficient service! Food is also terrific. Seafood is fresh, tasty and cooked perfectly! We especially enjoyed the fish trio (tuna, salmon, and rockfish) each fish portion with its own small garnish/accompaniment and skillfully cooked (ie not over cooked)Special Features:
- Always a great place to eatsurfergirlVIPDined on 8/7/2014Spinach salad with salmon extremely satisfying. Also the salad that has speghetti squash is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation SupriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/20145 of is came in on Friday night to celebrate a special graduation. Between the five of us, we tried a variety of drinks and menu listings. All I can say is... Awesome fresh seafood! It made the night memorable. We will be bringing more family and friends there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular restaurant at Cabin JohnAllanDined on 8/1/2014Often I pass this restaurant, I notice that the house is always full...better to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely greatsurfergirlVIPDined on 7/31/2014Each salad plentiful, tasty and satisfying! Chicken wrap sandwich a hit as well! Restaurant never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time dining here and it certainly won't be our last. The wine list is very nice and when I couldn't decide between two wines, the waitress brought me a small glass of each to try. The portions are perfect sized, the pairings of fish with side dishes unique and the kids menu is wonderful. The service was attentive and the waitress made helpful recommendations that were delicious. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.