The Grille on Congress
5101 Congress Avenue
Boca Raton, FL 33487Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Grille on Congress
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thegrilleoncongress.com/
- Phone: 5619129800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room is available that would accommodate twenty-two guest.
- Private Party Contact: Suzie or Peter 5619129060
- Special Events: We now have happier hours! Monday through Friday, we offer two for one draft beer, two for one cocktails, five dollar wines by the glass and five dollar appetizers.
A word from The Grille on Congress
The best things in life aren't trendy or flashy. The best things in life are timeless. Comfortable. The grille is that kind of place. Casually urbane and elegant-without a hint of pretension. The kind of place that feels right- the moment you walk in, and each time you come back. Because you will want to come back. The Grille is a classic where you can relax and catch up with friends and family. Enjoy a casual gourmet fare with an emphasis on great steaks and the freshest seafood- and a unique twist with every dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
The Grille on Congress - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
The Grille on Congress reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Friday Eve Steakhouse MenuWalterDined on 8/29/2014Often go to The Grill on Congress, Usually leave very happy. This Friday was disappointing. Steak was very tough. Veggies, Salad, Desert were very good. Service was very good.Special Features:
- RETURN VISIT WAS DISAPPOINTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Drink orders came promptly. We sat for 10-15 minutes without waiter's presence, i.e., Waiter spent too much time at another table chatting instead of paying attention to us. We finally raised a hand to get his attention & he came a minute later to finally take our orders. We 4 chose the $28 special which sounded nice, but then were told they ran out of baked potatos, which was disappointing to the 3 of us having beef. Why they ran out of the designated & included baked potatos, when potatos don't spoil in storage too easily, was incredulous . We all had string beans and felt they were quite undercooked and tough to chew. The sliced filet ordered medium, was well done & tough. The chocolate cake was poor quality. We won't rush back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014We have always had wonderful food and service. The staff, the owners and the bartender are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ljp123Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and very kind wait staff but tables are very close so it is WAY TOO CRAMPED. We waited extra time beyond our reservation time just to have a booth which allowed us more seating space.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and tastefullSanManVIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is always a warm, friendly atmosphere with quality good food with the supervision of the husband and the wife ownership. Nice people with very good food. We had Friday night special of prime rib...so rarely eat it now...but it was excellent. Biscuits are the best and very good salad. I will be back again because this is like an old fashion Supper Club. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- par excellanceamjhfj1Dined on 8/9/2014we once again had a wonderful evening. the food has always been above par. the biscuits are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Great local spotFoodieBVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had an office lunch here the other day and we all left happy. This place was selected due to the wide selection and good portions. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistently goodErasmoVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at The Grille on Congress many times and have yet to be disappointed. The food is consistently good and the servers are friendly, attentive and professional. Prices are reasonable and the prix fix menu has something for everyone and is a good value. Our only complaint is that the restaurant encourages the use of their parking valet because of where it is situated in the mall. One can avoid the valet and park elsewhere in the mall, which would require only a short walk to the door. On the other hand, considering the vagaries of south Florida weather, the valet is often a good idea.Special Features:
- Oliver14Dined on 8/2/2014We had a nice round table in the back of the restaurant. It was very quiet and we were able to converse nicely. The portions of food are way to big and everyone had to take some home. I would prefer smaller portions at more reasonable prices. The food is good American style food.Special Features:
- GREAT TIME @ THE GRILLElov2eatVIPDined on 8/1/2014Such delicious food-such huge portions (enough to divide in half, and enjoy at a later time)...dynamite summer steakhouse menu (especially on Friday nights when the roast beef reigns supreme and the price is terrific too! Famous for their melt in your mouth biscuits (that are served throughout the meal). Delicious desserts, and a superbly attentive staff! Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good happy hour and specialsMattMDined on 7/29/2014We missed the happy hour so I got the Snapper special. It includes salad, bread, and dessert along with 3 sides. Quality was high. 4.5 star range. If you can make it before 6P, I am told the happy hour deals are really good.Special Features:
- Won't go again. noisy , rushed...JessallaDined on 7/26/2014The food was cold. The place was very noisy. We were rushed thru dinner. The waitress was very unfriendly . Could not wait for us to leave. Even sent the manager or owner over to talk to us. The waitress kept coming back to see if our credit cards were in the folder . We Never pay a bill before we finish our coffee and dessert. The bottom line is we will never come back to this establishment.
- ArnieDined on 7/19/2014The meals were overcooked. However the watress and owner gave us credit for the overcooked meals. I do not believe it is the usual for this location . We will return
- DeliciousHappy2dineVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always delicious. Great food and service. Can't beat the biscuits. Happy hour is one of the best.Special Features:
- Great Time @ The Grillelov2eatVIPDined on 7/18/2014Returned after a long absence to find everything special--amazing popovers (that they are noted for), huge portions, fabulous seasoning.....Amazing steak house menu in the summer ($28.00 prix fixe for 3 courses)...delicious dark or chocolate cake served chilled for perfect taste...delicious vegetables, wonderful swordfish, loved it all!Special Features:
- Very nice ambienceEaterDined on 7/10/2014The Grill on Congress had a varied menu and a good beer list. Service was excellent and portions were quite large; I had enough left over to have a second meal! They have a 3 course set price meal that has 4-5 good main course options, with a starter and desert; it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glustDined on 7/5/2014This is a very good restaurant and a good value for the money.Their burgers are as good as it gets as are their homemade biscuits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findSteffiDined on 7/3/2014I have been coming here for almost 10 years and am still very find of the food, and especially the wait staff.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedLillyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Loved choices on summer menu. Steaks were delicious, both rib and NY strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice in Boca RatonErasmoVIPDined on 6/27/2014We have been to The Grille on Congress before and will definitely return again. Prices are reasonable and the ambiance is more upscale than the typical mall restaurant in Palm Beach County, but not pretentious. Service was prompt, efficient and friendly. Our party of six was seated promptly and in a back room - when we made our reservation through OpenTable, we specifically requested that we not be seated by the door. We all chose one of the "specials," which included salad and dessert. The prime rib was very good and our request for an end cut was honored. The sliced tenderloin was also very good. Desserts were chocolate cake (excellent) and carrot cake (said to be very good by the one person in our party who ordered it.)Special Features:
- SteffiDined on 6/27/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant where many regulars come. I have been coming here for at least 10 years. The food is good and the wait staff very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivamomDivamomVIPDined on 6/20/2014We are always satisfied with the Grill. The greeting by Suzie, the quick attention by the server without a rush. The delish biscuits and then a very satisfying dinner. Well prepared and certainly not skimpy. Always go back and always happy. Lively ambiance too. Thats the reason this restaurant has been successful. We have been at the grill many times in the 12 years we live in Delray.Special Features:
- saturday nite specialgolfer56Dined on 6/14/2014made reservations for 8pm...we were sat promptly.......service was awesome.....they had a 3 course dinner special that was perfect..the meal was very flavorful......i would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DottiDined on 6/6/2014I have been to the Grill on Congress many times and have always enjoyed my meal. Will go back there again I am sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow and steadyMADYMVIPDined on 6/6/2014Tried and true.... the menu and offerings have become bit boring after a while, but the eats are consistently good!Special Features:
- Always goodPologalVIPDined on 5/28/2014We frequent the Grille on Conress because it is consistently great. The biscuits are a reason to come and the hostess always greets us warmly.Special Features:
- Great Place to DineSus4Dined on 5/28/2014This is the first time my wife and I were at The Grille and won't be the last. We were very impressed with the food and the food prices. An excellent value for your money. We couldn't believe that the glass of wine was $5.00. The Grille is a quality restaurant with excellent prices and excellent food. The service was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatKenlightVIPDined on 5/28/2014This is a solid local restaurant. Great for lunch, dinner, business group or family group. There are health dishes which are always delicious.Special Features:
- Consistently goodMudsharkDined on 5/16/2014Time after time and year after year this restaurant delivers. Hosts welcome you like old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 316 reviews are from the The Grille on Congress reviews archive.
- Marty Heats2muchVIPDined on 5/3/2014Food and service are consistanly good and we wouldn't mind if the owners were a little more friendly.Special Features:
- Always satisfied!WendyDavisVIPDined on 4/24/2014This place always ceases to amaze me that with the volume of lunch guests they serve, the quality of food and their service is top-Knotch! I never have to worry when I book my open-table that I will get seated right away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a nice timeBeGladDined on 4/19/2014You can rely on The Grille on Congress for a consistent nice time with good service and tasty food. Happy hour is one of the best in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodDaveDined on 4/17/2014Reasonable pricing, nice place for a drink and dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large PortionsonabudgetDined on 4/11/2014Food was very good and so was service. Portions were large enough that both my wife and I took half our dinners home for another day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Food is very good. Reservation is prompt. Service is very good but noticed that wait staff is unfriendly and to the point. This is my second time with 2 different wait staff and the feeling was the same. They do not make you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddeenaDined on 4/5/2014We were disappointed in our experience Saturday night. First, the noise level made it uncomfortable to enjoy a conversation. We were seated in a booth, which was fine, but we heard voices and the words spoken from all the tables, not very relaxing. The food was good, no complaints there.....However, we felt rushed, the waiter was removing dishes while I still had food on my plate. We did not feel the warmth that was described when we choose to dine there. Nobody greeted us, andwhen we were given the check, I realized that we were only there 50 minutes. Not our idea of a great and relaxing dinner out. Sorry, not sure we will return
- Duck & MuffinsPapaBearDined on 4/2/2014I love the homemade muffins they make there!! The duck is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoodlesNoodlesVIPDined on 3/29/2014If there is one thing to be said about the Grille on Congress it is CONSISTENCY. We have enjoyed numerous dinners, as well as lunches, and the food is consistently good. Never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot for Lunch!JSayrahVIPDined on 3/27/2014The Grille on Congress is one of the best local spots for lunch. Their menu contains a wide variety of options from Asian Chicken and Veggies to "Boca's Best Burger". Their shoestring fries are so good, and their biscuits are always warm and fresh! It gets packed during lunch, so I would suggest arriving a little before 12, and/or making a reservation.Special Features:
- Hidden gemLindaDined on 3/19/2014The building that houses The Grill on Congress is hidden from view and so almost forgotten by us - but definitely not by others! Our reservation was for 6pm and the restaurant quickly filled up after that with large and small parties in the side room and at the round tables near us. We had a comfortable quiet booth with great pinpoint lighting so we could read our menus without our flashlight app, unlike other recent experiences! The crab and cheese dip was delicious and plentiful for 2; the dinner salads were large too. Our salmon and pork chop meals were wonderful. We were so full we took home a portion for the next night's dinner. The service was attentive and pleasant. We will definitely be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.