The Grille on Congress
5101 Congress Avenue
Boca Raton, FL 33487Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Grille on Congress
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thegrilleoncongress.com/
- Phone: 5619129800
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: A private dining room is available that would accommodate twenty-two guest.
- Private Party Contact: Suzie or Peter 5619129060
- Special Events: We now have happier hours! Monday through Friday, we offer two for one draft beer, two for one cocktails, five dollar wines by the glass and five dollar appetizers.
A word from The Grille on Congress
The best things in life aren't trendy or flashy. The best things in life are timeless. Comfortable. The grille is that kind of place. Casually urbane and elegant-without a hint of pretension. The kind of place that feels right- the moment you walk in, and each time you come back. Because you will want to come back. The Grille is a classic where you can relax and catch up with friends and family. Enjoy a casual gourmet fare with an emphasis on great steaks and the freshest seafood- and a unique twist with every dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Grille on Congress - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
The Grille on Congress reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (19)special occasion (16)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice dinnertheallisonsDined on 10/20/2014The service was excellent and the food was very good. I didn't care for the tomato bisque soup so our server promptly took it back and offered a different soup, although I declined. The crab dip I ate as my entree was delicious. Friends had the chicken Romano, a generous portion which was delicious, and the salmon spinach salad, another tasty and generous portion. We would definitely return for the excellent service and tasty, large portions.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy biscuitsJDSHVIPDined on 10/18/2014Loved the dinner. The delicious biscuits were a nice added touch!Special Features:
- Very good neighborhood restaurantMyreviewsDined on 10/18/2014All four of us had excellent meals, as well as excellent service. Can't imagine anyone being displeased with their dining experience. The only small complaint we had was that we were seated in a rather small room and it was very noisy.Special Features:
- Comfortable but datedDinerdanDined on 10/16/2014Overall good food but place is dated and older crowd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday Night SpecialboooomerDined on 10/10/2014The pri fixe Friday Night special Rib Roast was exceptionally good. Very tender - a generous cut directly from the roast. Not overly seasoned. The swordfish special was tender, fresh, but not especially flavorful. Good Value! The dining room was a bit noisy - not for intimate conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivamomDivamomVIPDined on 10/7/2014Anytime we dine at The Grill we are pleased. The greeting is very friendly as are the servers. The food is always very good with a very nice varied menu. Salad is served with entrees which make it a good price point. Also, the biscuits are delicious. We have gone back again and again the last 12 years and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Greatmilky50Dined on 10/4/2014Great experience for the price. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- golfer56VIPDined on 10/2/2014this is my third time there and the food and service were awesome........place is quiet enough for people to have a nice conversation without having to shout over the noise. i will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three course dinnerValenciaDined on 9/27/2014Dessert selection on three course dinner disappointing. Fresh fruit or sorbet would be a welcome addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RegisDined on 9/26/2014Very good as usual. Service was great and swordfish was perfect.Special Features:
- Very goodSSCCDined on 9/16/2014Quality food, wide variety, relaxed but nice environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Good Food and Service, but to many tables that are too close and noise level is terrible.Special Features:
- SteffiDined on 9/11/2014I have !ways love. Moving to this restaurant. It is Neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Hidden gemcindiVIPDined on 9/6/2014Unexpectedly good food in a homey ambiance . Large portions. Friendly and efficient service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014The Friday special menu had excellent choices at a good priceSpecial Features:
- FoodPeachesDined on 9/5/2014Have loved this place in the past but the food just wasn't good the last 2 times here. Service was grSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemgolfer56VIPDined on 9/3/2014i like the special they have ....salad.....entree....dessert for one priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials not specialDelrayLeeDined on 8/30/2014The Grill is currently running fixed price specials for the Summer. I had the Sliced tenderloin that includes salad and dessert. The tenderloin tasted as though it had been sliced much earlier and left to dry out in a warming tray. I ordered medium temperature and what I was served was well done. Not good. pass on the specials and use the menu.Special Features:
- Friday Eve Steakhouse MenuWalterDined on 8/29/2014Often go to The Grill on Congress, Usually leave very happy. This Friday was disappointing. Steak was very tough. Veggies, Salad, Desert were very good. Service was very good.Special Features:
- RETURN VISIT WAS DISAPPOINTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014Drink orders came promptly. We sat for 10-15 minutes without waiter's presence, i.e., Waiter spent too much time at another table chatting instead of paying attention to us. We finally raised a hand to get his attention & he came a minute later to finally take our orders. We 4 chose the $28 special which sounded nice, but then were told they ran out of baked potatos, which was disappointing to the 3 of us having beef. Why they ran out of the designated & included baked potatos, when potatos don't spoil in storage too easily, was incredulous . We all had string beans and felt they were quite undercooked and tough to chew. The sliced filet ordered medium, was well done & tough. The chocolate cake was poor quality. We won't rush back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014We have always had wonderful food and service. The staff, the owners and the bartender are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ljp123Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and very kind wait staff but tables are very close so it is WAY TOO CRAMPED. We waited extra time beyond our reservation time just to have a booth which allowed us more seating space.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and tastefullSanManVIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is always a warm, friendly atmosphere with quality good food with the supervision of the husband and the wife ownership. Nice people with very good food. We had Friday night special of prime rib...so rarely eat it now...but it was excellent. Biscuits are the best and very good salad. I will be back again because this is like an old fashion Supper Club. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- par excellanceamjhfj1Dined on 8/9/2014we once again had a wonderful evening. the food has always been above par. the biscuits are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Great local spotFoodieBVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had an office lunch here the other day and we all left happy. This place was selected due to the wide selection and good portions. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistently goodErasmoVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at The Grille on Congress many times and have yet to be disappointed. The food is consistently good and the servers are friendly, attentive and professional. Prices are reasonable and the prix fix menu has something for everyone and is a good value. Our only complaint is that the restaurant encourages the use of their parking valet because of where it is situated in the mall. One can avoid the valet and park elsewhere in the mall, which would require only a short walk to the door. On the other hand, considering the vagaries of south Florida weather, the valet is often a good idea.Special Features:
- Oliver14Dined on 8/2/2014We had a nice round table in the back of the restaurant. It was very quiet and we were able to converse nicely. The portions of food are way to big and everyone had to take some home. I would prefer smaller portions at more reasonable prices. The food is good American style food.Special Features:
- GREAT TIME @ THE GRILLElov2eatVIPDined on 8/1/2014Such delicious food-such huge portions (enough to divide in half, and enjoy at a later time)...dynamite summer steakhouse menu (especially on Friday nights when the roast beef reigns supreme and the price is terrific too! Famous for their melt in your mouth biscuits (that are served throughout the meal). Delicious desserts, and a superbly attentive staff! Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good happy hour and specialsMattMDined on 7/29/2014We missed the happy hour so I got the Snapper special. It includes salad, bread, and dessert along with 3 sides. Quality was high. 4.5 star range. If you can make it before 6P, I am told the happy hour deals are really good.Special Features:
- Won't go again. noisy , rushed...JessallaDined on 7/26/2014The food was cold. The place was very noisy. We were rushed thru dinner. The waitress was very unfriendly . Could not wait for us to leave. Even sent the manager or owner over to talk to us. The waitress kept coming back to see if our credit cards were in the folder . We Never pay a bill before we finish our coffee and dessert. The bottom line is we will never come back to this establishment.
- ArnieDined on 7/19/2014The meals were overcooked. However the watress and owner gave us credit for the overcooked meals. I do not believe it is the usual for this location . We will return
- DeliciousHappy2dineVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always delicious. Great food and service. Can't beat the biscuits. Happy hour is one of the best.Special Features:
- Great Time @ The Grillelov2eatVIPDined on 7/18/2014Returned after a long absence to find everything special--amazing popovers (that they are noted for), huge portions, fabulous seasoning.....Amazing steak house menu in the summer ($28.00 prix fixe for 3 courses)...delicious dark or chocolate cake served chilled for perfect taste...delicious vegetables, wonderful swordfish, loved it all!Special Features:
- Very nice ambienceEaterDined on 7/10/2014The Grill on Congress had a varied menu and a good beer list. Service was excellent and portions were quite large; I had enough left over to have a second meal! They have a 3 course set price meal that has 4-5 good main course options, with a starter and desert; it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glustDined on 7/5/2014This is a very good restaurant and a good value for the money.Their burgers are as good as it gets as are their homemade biscuits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findSteffiDined on 7/3/2014I have been coming here for almost 10 years and am still very find of the food, and especially the wait staff.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedLillyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Loved choices on summer menu. Steaks were delicious, both rib and NY strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice in Boca RatonErasmoVIPDined on 6/27/2014We have been to The Grille on Congress before and will definitely return again. Prices are reasonable and the ambiance is more upscale than the typical mall restaurant in Palm Beach County, but not pretentious. Service was prompt, efficient and friendly. Our party of six was seated promptly and in a back room - when we made our reservation through OpenTable, we specifically requested that we not be seated by the door. We all chose one of the "specials," which included salad and dessert. The prime rib was very good and our request for an end cut was honored. The sliced tenderloin was also very good. Desserts were chocolate cake (excellent) and carrot cake (said to be very good by the one person in our party who ordered it.)Special Features:
- SteffiDined on 6/27/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant where many regulars come. I have been coming here for at least 10 years. The food is good and the wait staff very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 324 reviews are from the The Grille on Congress reviews archive.
- DivamomDivamomVIPDined on 6/20/2014We are always satisfied with the Grill. The greeting by Suzie, the quick attention by the server without a rush. The delish biscuits and then a very satisfying dinner. Well prepared and certainly not skimpy. Always go back and always happy. Lively ambiance too. Thats the reason this restaurant has been successful. We have been at the grill many times in the 12 years we live in Delray.Special Features: