The Grille At Rough Hollow
103 Yacht Club Cove
Lakeway, TX 78734Neighborhood:
Bee Caves / Lakeway / Lake Travis
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Grille At Rough Hollow
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.roughhollowclub.com/grille
- Phone: 5122613444
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday -Thursday, 11am - 9pm Friday - Saturday, 11am - 10pm Sunday, 11am - 9pm - Brunch 11am - 2pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Casey Simmons
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On and off-site catering is available for all styles and budgets. Please call to request a meeting with our banquet manager, or to receive a copy of our pre-set banquet menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Our patio at The Grille is available for private functions for groups of 20 to 60. Our pavilion can accommodate groups up to 250.
- Private Party Contact: Sarah Sharp 512-261-3444
- Entertainment: The Grille hosts seasonal live music.
- Special Events: The Grille is an excellent place to host your special event, be it a wedding shower or a corporate get together. is the designated caterer for all events hosted in the Rough Hollow Pavilion, just across our lawn. Please call to request a meeting with our banquet and/or event manager, or to receive a copy of our pre-set banquet menus.
- Cross Street: Highlands Blvd
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet is provided from 5pm until close. Complimentary shuttle service to and from the parking areas is provided during lunch service. The Rough Hollow Marina has guest slips available should you choose to visit us via boat.
A word from The Grille At Rough Hollow
Tucked deep into the heart of Lakeway and perched above the Rough Hollow Yacht club, The Grille at Rough Hollow offers fantastic eats paired with extraordinary views of Lake Travis and breathtaking Hill Country sunsets. Don't mistake our fine food for stuffy pretense. Come as you are to our dining room or spacious patio, choose from our wide selection of dishes, and relax as our experienced staff takes care of the rest. With an extensive wine list priced to please, dishes built to delight and divine desserts that will bring you nothing short of bliss, you truly can't go wrong.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grille At Rough Hollow reviews from OpenTable diners
- This place is indeed a hiddenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012This place is indeed a hidden a gem. The location is right on the lake with a nice outdoor patio. There is a fireplace outside or you can dine inside. The food was prepared prefectly, from the fish and steak, right down to the vegetables. The server told me about 1/2 off of all bottles of wine under $50. This was an added bonus. It is casual but very nice and the prices were below what I would have expected. Definitely worth the drive from Austin.Special Features:
- Consistently Very GoodGreatchangeupDined on 11/17/2012Have benn here many times, continues to provide excellent service and food. Menu has a good variety and the specials are always spot-on. The best way to describe: Consistently Very Good.. With outdoor dining option....Special Features:
- Waitress was exceptional...andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012Waitress was exceptional...and exceptionally patient, which added greatly to the dining experience. She made it an occasion, instead of just dinner. The food was good and the outdoor patio was the perfect setting to watch the A&M/Alabama game!!Special Features:
- More than two hours for aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012More than two hours for a dinner without deseert or coffee. Service was horible. the food was not great enough to return to such bad service. We saw other reviews on bad service but thought perhaps it was just a bad night and would give it our own chance at service. That did not prove to be worthwhile. We will not return.
- They were supposed to featureOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/31/2012They were supposed to feature shrimp & grits, but instead served shrimp & polenta which was horrible. We were VERY disappointed and will not be making a return visit in the future.
- A hidden gem with a gorgeous view..DNighterDined on 8/21/2012Found this gem on Google while staying at the Lakeway Hotel. Very good experience. Gorgeous view at sunset. Our server Michael was perfectly attentive and very knowledgeable. The food had a few minor issues, but we look forward to going back and trying again...Special Features:
- Found The Grille through TripOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2012Found The Grille through Trip Advisor while we were staying at Lakeway Resort. So glad we did! The food and the service were excellent. It was a Saturday night and quite busy and the noise level was rather high. It really didn't bother us but if you are looking for a quiet place - this isn't it! Our meals were the best we had during our long weekend on Lake Travis. I definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great meal with a view.Cr3ativegirlVIPDined on 8/3/2012We like the Grille and have eaten there many times. We always take out of town guests there to get a view of Lake Travis and have a nice meal.Special Features:
- So flexible on the menu forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2012So flexible on the menu for those with specific requests. Chef actually came to table to ask about seasoning! Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Everything was great overall..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Everything was great overall.. The only negative aspects were: My salad, Cesar, didn't have enough dressing for my taste, and the waitress after the initial serving of the food was not as attentive as I would have liked. I had to wait for some time to get the desert ordered for the birthday girl and a keylime tart. The keylime tart was not what I had hoped for.... it got a thumbs down. I will however come again. This was my party's first visit to your Grill.Special Features:
- Ate on the patio for a sunsetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2012Ate on the patio for a sunset dinner. The view and the food were great. I recommend the filet and the chocolate bread pudding.Special Features:
- We've had a good moment inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2012We've had a good moment in this restaurant close to the yacht club. Outside, from a terrace there is a nice view of the Marina. We went on a Sunday at 1:30 pm, the atmosphere was quiet and our meal was delicious. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Enjoyed. My kind of easy goingStephanieAustinTXDined on 6/17/2012Enjoyed. My kind of easy going but elegant place with a view of pool and lake.Special Features:
- The food is fine, the servicelaurenVIPDined on 5/19/2012The food is fine, the service is okay, but the outdoor dining is why people go here. It is beautiful in the evening.Special Features:
- had the prime rib. a tad tooOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/19/2012had the prime rib. a tad too fatty. Boston wedge was OK. Not cold enough. wife had tenderloin. it was good. drinks a tad expensive. $13 for La Crema? C'Mon! you need to do something about the yacht club traffic walking through the outdoor seating area.Special Features:
- 1st timer.....okOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012This was our 1st time dining at Rough Hollow and although it was Mother's Day and typically it's going to be busy anywhere, the experience was just ok. The buffet stations seemed a bit cramped. The lids were on the foods to keep them warm, which is good, however there was no place to place them while you get your food. The fruit station and dessert station could have had more options. The food was good, just not great for the price!Special Features:
- Note to StaffEatemupVIPDined on 5/5/2012The wait staff needs to slow down as far as wanting to clear empty (or in our case, not even totally empty) plates. Also it would be nicer if managers would wait until there is a lull in the conversation before coming over and interrupting to ask how everything is...
- I have been here once beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2012I have been here once before for dinner middle of the week.Food was good. Went back for Easter Brunch - nice but they were very short staffed and not organized whatsoever. So I was somewhat dissappointed. Price was reasonable.Special Features:
- Waited 30 minutes for a server.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012Waited 30 minutes for a server. Lots of cigarette smokers ruined what could have been wonderful meal.Special Features:
- My husband and I and his motherOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2012My husband and I and his mother and aunt dined at The Grille last evening. The food was delicious and very nicely presented. One of the ladies in our party had some dietary restrictions. The server was extremely gracious and incredibly patient. The salads were very fresh and a perfect size, and the scallops served over a vegetable medly were delicious. Prime rib was cooked perfectly and cut like butter. I have been to The Grille serveral times, for lunch and for dinner, and have been seated in the restaurant as well as on the outside deck and have always been pleased with the food and the service.Special Features:
- Terrible experience for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2012Terrible experience for Valentine's Day. Long wait when we arrived, they seated another party in front of us, and when I asked them about it they lied to me. In Austin we're usually spoiled with great service. These people seem to be trying to break that tradition. As for the food, well, I've already forgotton what we had. That's the actual definition of "forgetable", isn't it?
- We had to wait, 45 min. toOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2012We had to wait, 45 min. to be seated..with a reservation. Food was not hot, and mediocre
- It was perfect for ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012It was perfect for Valentines Day dinner on the patio!!! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- our first experience hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012our first experience here was extremely pleasant. We will make this a regular stop. Kudos to Chris, the valet manager. We had no cash with us, just credit cards. He told us the parking was gratis, and to get him next time around. We will most assurdedly do that.Special Features:
- The service was awesome asOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/10/2012The service was awesome as usual. We love the new additions to the menu, as well as our old favorites. Looking forward to warmer weather so we can enjoy patio dining.Special Features:
- It was comfortable outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2012It was comfortable outside in February and our waiter provided us a heater when it colled. We saw a meteor streak across the sky. The food was outstanding.Special Features:
- We had heard great reviewsWorldFoodieVIPDined on 1/22/2012We had heard great reviews about the restaurant, and the place is great even if hard to find... We ordered beer, appetizers, wine & dinner, and everything was great, except the main courses. Two steaks were ordered, and they were overcooked and served only luke warm. A couple of burgers came overcooked too, and were not very tasty. I would say, have drinks and dine on appetizers, which are great!!Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011Took my wife here for her birthday. It was our first time to eat here so I was a little nervous taking her somewhere new on a special occasion. But the restaurant was fantastic and we had a good time and the food was perfect. We're already planning to take some friend there in the near future and share the experience with them.Special Features:
- We eat at Rough Hollow allCr3ativegirlVIPDined on 12/3/2011We eat at Rough Hollow all the time. They recently changed the menu and everyone thought the food was very fresh.Special Features:
- Steaks cooked juuuuust right.dportDined on 9/22/2011Steaks cooked juuuuust right. Beautiful sunset view.Special Features:
- I've been there many timesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2011I've been there many times before and enjoyed Rough Hollow Grill. This time, however, I had a problem with the reservation service and website giving me bad info about the days the restaurant was open. See below.Special Features:
- We love it!Cr3ativegirlVIPDined on 8/19/2011We love the Grille at Rough Hollow. The food is fantastic and the service is always great. We bring out of town guests here so they can take a peak at the lake and eat a great meal! We have never been disappointed. While they have really upscale dishes, the burgers are to die for....Special Features:
- The Grille would have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2011The Grille would have been much more enjoyable if the clientele weren't so noisy and dressed up more. It's a good restaurant (food's very good and service is excellent), but I wish they'd enforce a dress code. We might go there again but not on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Get coordinated with OpenTableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2011The reservation was made using OpenTable. The hostess was clueless about our reservation and seemed overwhelmed by a 50 person anniversary party which was set up in the main dining room. The party included a slideshow for the entire restaurant. The filet was excellent, tasty and tender, but the fish entree was just ok. I would recommend the restaurant for steak. Our waiter was very pleasant, attentive, and contributed to our dining experience.
- I visited the restaurant whileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2011I visited the restaurant while on a girls' trip to Lakeway. Upon arriving, the hostess read our minds to switch our patio request to be seated inside due to the heat. The ambiance was a mixture of a nice restaurant on one side and a laid back bar with patrons in shorts and swim cover-ups. My friends had the blackened snapper and raved about it. I had the filet oscar and it was delicious as well. We ordered the peaches and creme dessert, but our waitress mentioned that they were in the process of changing the menu so it wasn't available anymore. She did suggest an equally yummy concoction with berries and mascarpone. Before leaving, one of the waiters was kind enough to snap some pictures of the four of us for memories. We had a great time!Special Features:
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/29/2011Food is always great, the staff is excellent, and we always leave smiling. A favorite of ours and our friends'.Special Features:
- Brunch was not that good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2011Brunch was not that good! Shrimp fritatta was dry & so were the potatoes!
- Have been there a number ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/1/2011Have been there a number of times for casual and business dining. When entertaining international guests requiring special diets the chef --with a couple of days notice-- shopped and prepared an ethnic menu that was excellent. The service has proven to be a dependable high quality as is the food.Special Features:
- Best dining in Lakeway.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2011Our third visit and we've enjoyed it every time. The Grille has become one of the best dining establishments in an area where many restaurants now compete for your patronage.Special Features:
- Fab FishOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/3/2011Everything everyone had (six people) was really really good. I'm thinking of when I can go back for the shrimp and grits...Special Features: