The Grille at Peerce's
12460 Dulaney Valley Road
Phoenix, MD 21131Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Grille at Peerce's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thegrilleatpeerces.com/
- Phone: 4102527111
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: John Hufnagel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On premise private dining available for 20 to 160 people
A word from The Grille at Peerce's
A casual American Grille restaurant and bar located on Dulaney Valley Road, with spectacular views of Loch Raven reservoir.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Grille at Peerce's - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
The Grille at Peerce's reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (14)special occasion (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (5)fit for foodies (5)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary and we had wonderful food and our waiter was very attentive. We had a wonderful time. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gratefulneighbor5Dined on 9/20/2014The food was delicious and our waiter was great! A very nice experience.Special Features:
- disappointing visitgrammyDined on 9/2/2014w live nearby and were hoping for a good experience. We had not been there since about a year ago. We had a very early dinner reservation so service was not a problem. For openers I tried to order a Caesars Salad only to be told they were out of dressing. I then asked for the same salad greens using ranch dressing and wanted anchovies on it. They were out of anchovies. For the entre I ordered stuffed flounder with the vegetable f the day which was yellow and green squash. The fish and the rice were very tasty. only rec. green squash, grossly overcooked and was placed on the dish underneath the fish' My husband ordered rack of barbecued ribs. 2 sections one on top of the other Top section ok. bottom burned to a crisp. dessert ok
- RobertVIPDined on 8/30/2014Waitress was very pleasant but did not bring us basket of bread which every other table received, food was served by the busboy, all other tables were served by the waitstaff. I ordered an entree with two sides and both came out different, pork chop was very dry. Had been there before but not again.
- DisappointingMMSGrandmaVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been to Peerce's many times, in fact I had my entire family there for my birthday. However, something has occured that has changed. My experience this time was truly more than disappointing. The place was mostly empty on a Saturday evening and yet we received no acknowledgement from a hostess who was maor concerned with her hair. The bar person was just as interested in having a customer. When we finally sat down to dinner, we discovered they were out of the tuna I requested. The bowls of crab soup came as cups of crab soup which was just as well for me because the watery brownish soup with a few tomatoes floating in it was far from the crab soup I was expecting, so I took that opportunity to cancel it. Dinner was also poor.
- RAM3Bob61VIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was average. Need to improve on some of the basics i.e Soup was served with a teaspoon versus soup spoon. No crackers came with soup. Asked for crackers and never came. Also had to ask for bread.
- Friday at The Grille at Peerce'sBaldwinDined on 8/22/2014The menu featured dinners also sandwiches/hamburgers a definite disappointment imho sets tone to cafe/bar atmosphere. Food good wellprepared helpful waitress . the bar & dining room were almost empty UNTIL a large group was seated. Our room had only carpeting to soften noise &group was so loud could not hear one another. They were dressed in jeans & having a great time, at our expense. We think they should have been seated in the adjoining room saving us & the 4 other tables aggravation. The pork chop meal stuffed flounder & dessert we enjoyed. Coffee had no taste. We believe that the menu does not fit the location or the clientele - too many folk in shorts/teeshirts eating sandwiches Maybe that is why so few there. We hope it improvesSpecial Features:
- Eatout2muchDined on 8/16/2014Although the idea of sitting on the patio is appealing, in reality it was kind of noisy with traffic on Saturday evening. The menu offerings are varied, sound interesting and reasonably priced. Two of our four had the salmon which was terrific. The other two of us had the chicken "encrusted" with feta and spinach. The dish came with a large juicy flavorful chicken breast covered in a white sauce with cubes of feta and leaves of spinach. This is not "encrusted." My side dishes were very limp sweet potato fries and julienned squash. The squash was served in thick large slices. Perhaps the kitchen needs a refresher on terminology - encrusted and julienned. Or change the menu to describe what you are really getting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalJohnKVIPDined on 7/25/2014Had a relaxing time....I think my wife doesn't want to cook anymore. She'd rather come here three times a weekSpecial Features:
- good timeJohnKVIPDined on 7/23/2014as usual had a wonderful meal and time. we love coming to peerces. they told us they are starting MUSIC AGAIN IN A COUPLE OF WEEKSSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We came for brunch in February for my mother's birthday and had such a wonderful experience that we decided to come back 7/20 for my brother's birthday. A few of us ordered the Chesapeake omelets as they were amazing in February and this time they were dry, no crab dip and were missing the amazing toast that we had in February. Our waitress seemed agitated that we were there and although I told her it was my brother's actual birthday, she didn't even offer us dessert! It wasn't until my mother had to ask for something for his birthday that she realized she should have offered us dessert and then came back and said it would be a while because "we now have to heat up the oven!". Unfortunately, we won't be coming back for brunch.
- TBattDined on 6/28/2014First time there, had 4 couples for dinner, everyone liked their meals, a very good experience. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but room for improvementHenryDined on 6/27/20144 entrees. Three were good but the 4th could have benn better. The lump crab meat in top of the fish wasn't lump. Rather stringy and the fish was overdone. Everything else was just fine. Service and atmosphere was pleasant. Will go back but be a little more selectiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatJohnKVIPDined on 6/20/2014we went there to celebrate my promotion and the food was fantastic...server was really funny and great personality. the manger came over to say hi, really nice lady always a good time at peerces, feels like familySpecial Features:
- comfort menuJohnKVIPDined on 6/18/2014where can you go and get a salad, wine and a entrée for 16 bucks...no way they are making money...I had the meatloaf , great nice to sit on the patio , the view and landscaping was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- uninpressedjustmythoughtsDined on 6/15/2014The entrance was unkept. This is a restaurant that has outdoor seating. The outdoor area was very weedy and half of the bushes were dead. The outdoor seating is directly across from this mess. We (my parents and I) were seated in the main dining room. The carpeting was filthy. Old ground-in dirt and fresh crud. We were seated on the window side-there was a lair of gunk about 3 inches wide along the wall. And..the laminated table was already set with cutlery directly on the table, ugh. My mom and I ordered the shrimp salad sandwich (we didn't want to use a fork)..Dad got the ribs. All was OK, but it was an one and done experience.Special Features:
- disappointing father's day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014We chose the restaurant for the location. We were 4 and had to wait over an hour for our brunch items, which included pancakes, waffle, shrimp salad and eggs benedict. I can personally cook that in 15 minutes. The shrimp salad was bland and boring ($13!), the other items were just about ok, nothing special. Over $60 for all this, grossly overpriced. Our waiter did his best to keep us waiting and the manager did offer cake to compensate. The cake was delicious! But still we'll never go again.Special Features:
- I'll go back..it was great!Sandi1000Dined on 6/14/20141st time back with the Chef and menu, it was great! Food was very good, I had Salmon and my wife had Shrimp Diavalo, both were excellent. Our waiter Tony was so awesome, he did everything to please us but not intrusive. When we go back we definitely will request him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3Gep7Dined on 6/14/2014Celebrated our anniversary. Asked for, and were seated at, a window table. Somewhat limited menu but our choices were delicious. Wait staff was attentive without "hovering".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is everyone?dbeyerDined on 6/8/2014Made a reservation for Sunday eve about 6 o'clock. Two other couples in the dining room. A few people outside and a few in the "other" dining room, but the total number of cars was small. Service was prompt and friendly. Food was good from a somewhat limited selection. But we had looked on-line and found some things to try. A little bit of a drive, but not really that far. Fifteen minutes from the beltway but you feel way out in the woods. We will definitely return. Hope to see you all there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to get with the timesCompassionForAllDined on 6/7/2014My only option was to order a house salad with no croutons or cheese, - it was subpar. Extremely disappointed that there were NO vegan options. MOST restaurants now realize that eating animals/animal products is not everyone's priority and offer some vegan options. Other than this, the atmosphere was nice and the service was good - we were there for a group celebration.Special Features:
- wineandineDined on 6/6/2014We have eaten at Peerce's many times over many years. However, this is the first time that we have actually been disappointed. This is our first visit since the new owner's have stepped in. The food was mediocre, the waitress either inexperienced or just not attentive. We had to tell her our orders twice. She never checked on us or even cleared our empty dishes. There were only seven tables eating in the dining room and she only had our table. It was a noticeable lack of attention for an establishment of Peerce's calibre. The cappuccino was really just warm milk, very little coffee. The salad was FABULOUS and the highlight of the evening. They were out of some desserts and we had a 6:30 reservation.
- The Grille at Peerce'sjgh3Dined on 6/5/2014Have been going to Peerce's in its various incarnations since 1966. They currently provide a formal yet casual atmosphere and a very pleasant place to dine. The food is excellent and the prices very reasonable. We had four people who attended to us in a very friendly and competent manor. Will continue to return to Peerce's, and their current incarnation is one of the BEST!Special Features:
- The following 540 reviews are from the The Grille at Peerce's reviews archive.
- Pleasantly Surprisedmeohmy12Dined on 5/25/2014My wife and I spent a quiet evening at Peerce's to spend our 7th wedding Anniversary. My wife had always wanted to try it out and we were glad we did. The place was clean and the service was terrific. We were seated by a window with a nice view. The food did not take long and was above average. I knocked the flounder dish I had. It was a little bland for my palate but otherwise the meal(s) were good. The service is what stands out in my mind. The staff were great and went the extra mile to ensure our evening was special. Try it out!!Special Features:
- JohnKVIPDined on 5/23/2014stopped in with my business partner. he had never been there ...he loved itI would recommend this to a friend.
- greatJohnKVIPDined on 5/20/2014Had a lovely meal with my friends....always a great time. sat outside on the patio and our server was wonderful...really enjoyed night and food was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRickDined on 5/16/2014Good food, great service. Our waiter was extremely pleasant and friendly and personable. My only constructive comment is that he said he would be honest about the food selection if we had a question; when I asked about the stuffed flounder he hesitated and the said it was great. It was just okay and you could tell it was freshly unfrozen, and it wasn't stuffed. The crab meat was just laid on top and I had to add pepper. Other than that our experience was really nice and I would definitely go back! We also had a lot of food for the price of our bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting betterJamesVIPDined on 5/3/2014Like the new chef and menu items. The pork chop was good but the sides were at room temp and the sweet potato fries were not crisp.Special Features:
- Dinner for two at Peerece'slocalcoupleDined on 5/3/2014We always enjoy dining at Peerce's--the food is good, atmosphere pleasant, staff is friendly, prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014Have not been to this spot since it was Peerce's Plantation (many, many years ago). Nice to see it is less formal, but still maintains a warm atmosphere. Food was good -- nice selection and variety. Service was a little slow, but we were a group of 4 doing a lot of talking, so we were not in a rush. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable eveningdhilbingDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I last ate at the former Peerce's Plantation 38 years ago before moving out of the area. Our daughter now lives in Baltimore so on a visit we decided to check out the current version. Online reviews were mixed and we were a little hesitant. The food and service were excellent. Our server helped my wife with her gluten free requirements and all parts of the meal were served in a timely manner. I was even pleasantly surprised by the size of my meal ending coffee- larger than the small cup served at other places it lasted through the generous slice of Smith Island cake ordered for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaineyDined on 4/18/2014Peerce's used to be one of our favorites, but Friday night we were very disappointed. Nothing was really awful, just was not up to par with other experiences we have had there. My husband's food was not hot, the portions were smaller than we remembered, my daughter's entrée was extremely spicy to the point she couldn't eat most of it, and which was not noted on the menu, her boyfriend said his entree was just "ok" and his was NOT as spicy as he had wanted and had even asked the waitress about before ordering, and overall we were just very disappointed. At this point we would not recommend going to there anyone and will probably not go back any time soon.
- Not up to first visitArt42Dined on 4/10/2014Quiet night and service was only fair. Had to ask for bread several times before it finally came. There were few customers in the dining room and the bar crowd seemed to break up early so it was a real puzzle why our dinner took so long to come out. Don't know whether it was the kitchen or our server who wasn't as attentive as our server last Friday. Hope that inconsistently is not going to be the rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant eveningArt42Dined on 4/4/2014We decided on Peerce's for a special occasion recognizing academic achievement for our two grandsons (excellent grades)and their father (completed Masters Program). We had not been to Peerce's in a long time but liked what we saw on the on-line menu. We could not have been happier with our choice. The hostess noted our reason for the celebration from our reservation and engaged the two grandsons perfectly. Our waiter, Corey, was friendly and very attentive. He was well complimented by the rest of the team who assisted him and they all provided great service. If I had three thumbs, I would give Peerce's 3-Thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfort menuJohnKVIPDined on 4/1/2014great comfort menu.. love that they add new items every week...I had fried pork chop and my wife had the duck....where can you get duck with sides, salad and a glass of wine for 16 bucks waitress was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- great food and serviceJohnKVIPDined on 3/26/2014had a wonderful time....loved the special , the slow roasted short rib was awesome with the new glaze I love coming here they are always interested in my day , its so pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time. The managerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/26/2014Had a great time. The manager Kelly was very helpful about information on an event we want to have there. The food was wonderful. The braised short ribs I highly recommend. Our server Megan was on top of everything. We will be coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two couples dined there onfoodie123Dined on 3/22/2014Two couples dined there on 3/22/14. Salads were very good. Entrees arrived cold and one of the diners had meat loaf which was pretty much inedible - hard and dry. One of the diners had crabcakes with sweet potato fries which arrived cold. One had filet mignon which was tough. All meals were served cold. Took a long time for food to be served. There were very few patrons in the restaurant on a Saturday night. We were told there was a "new chef". Not impressed at all. Not sure if we would go back at this point.
- Food and service was excellent.JeannieDined on 3/22/2014Food and service was excellent. Friendly atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKbeckyt54Dined on 3/21/2014Hadn't been here in a while and heard there was a new chef. Service was friendly and attentive. Food was a mixed bag. Salmon was very good. Meatloaf was so-so as was the scallop special. Dessert was very good. Will have to try it again before I could recommend.