The Grill Room
225 Liberty Street
New York, NY 10281Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill Room
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.arkrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2129459400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 8:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Armando Cortes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for lunches and dinners, from cocktail parties to full menus.
- Private Party Facilities: Have a power lunch, romantic dinner, or host your special event at The Grill Room—located in the World Financial Center—and enjoy incredible views of the Hudson River. The menu includes a variety of grilled meats, market fresh seafood, healthy salads, pastas, and an extensive wine and drink list.
- Private Party Contact: Katie DiCicco 2122068815
A word from The Grill Room
The Grill Room offers a range of appetizers, hearty entrees of Steak, Fresh Seafood, try our Grand Seafood Select for two or four! Our wide selection of wines, includes many by the glass. While you dine enjoy breathtaking views of the Hudson River.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grill Room reviews from OpenTable diners
- The grill room had a fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2011The grill room had a fantastic view of NY Harbor, was very comfortable, service was excellent and the menu had enough to suite anyones taste. Meals we perfectly prepared, overall a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Slow service, OK food, Great view.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2011The service was extremely slow though friendly. OUr entrees came out cooked properly (medium rare steak), but the food was luke warm like it had been sitting out for a while. Overall it tasted good, but there was definitely something lacking. I was going to order desert, but it took the waiter 10-15 minutes from giving us the dessert menus to asking if we wanted anything. By the time he came back, I didn't want dessert anymore.
- Excellent food, wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2011Excellent food, wonderful service, beautiful view. A rare gem!!Special Features:
- Skip itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2011Once seated at a table w/an incredible view. We were ignored for about 15 minutes when finally we sought out a waiter for a menu. We were ready to order but another 15 minutes went by, no waiter. Seeking out the waiter again, we ordered. The food came and my chilean sea bass was horribly overcooked, so bad it needed tartar sauce. Sought out waiter again and told him of overcooked fish but by the time he came back, it was ridiculous to send back. One drink order was taken, we were not offered a second drink, but again finally located the waiter and told him our guest needed another drink and he left to fill that order, completely neglecting to ask if we would also like another drink. Coffee came, ice cold. Not a pleasant experience.
- What a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/26/2011What a great experience! We were visiting NYC for the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Tower Run and decided to eat here. We learned that they will be closing soon and sadly, not re-opening a new location. The owner does have other restaurants but we learned how special this restaurant was and the history of it during 9/11 events and it is heartbreaking to see that their leases have not been renewed due to renovations in the building. If you get the chance to go here before they go please do!! We had incredible food, wine and a perfect sunset to go with it! I will NEVER FORGET it!Special Features:
- Grill Room a Gem! Closing SoonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2011Service was great. The Grilled Shrimp with Garlic outstanding. Please travel soon as we heard the Grill Room will be closing shortly due to renovation of the building. A food court is replacing the restaurant. What a Shame!!!!Special Features:
- excellent wine list alongOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2011excellent wine list along with good food. there is great view of the hudson river and most of all near the world trade center memorial. i enjoyed their stripe bass with fried fennelSpecial Features:
- Scenic ViewsphotodineVIPDined on 7/25/2011The view was excellent, over looking the water to Jersey City. You can lose yourself in the scenic view on a nice summers day. The service could have been a little more attentive but all and all it was a great spot for a special birthday lunch.Special Features:
- Great location for business/clientCateVIPDined on 7/18/2011Great location for business/client lunches in the Financial District/Lower Manhattan.Special Features:
- Best place for a businessSherylVIPDined on 6/27/2011Best place for a business lunch in WFC if you want to be able to actually hear each other. Food is reliably good, and those views are outstanding!
- good business lunchezduzitVIPDined on 6/20/2011This restaurant is in my work building. Nice views of the water, lots of light. Not cheap, but convenient for business lunches and dinners. Good for drinks after work, too.Special Features:
- Pricey viewplsathomeDined on 5/19/2011The view of the harbor is wonderful, but you pay for it with somewhat overpriced food and wine. Be aware that the kitchen closes at 8 pm or so -- this is a spot for businessmen more than diners-out.Special Features:
- Good food but service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2011Good food but service was slow. It was a 90 minute lunch, too longSpecial Features:
- Great view of teh Hudson RiverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2011Great view of teh Hudson River and Jersey City. Food was delicious but the service sould have een better,Special Features:
- had prime rib - worst pieceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2011had prime rib - worst piece of prime rib I have ever had and poorly prepared... will not go back even though I work in the World Financial Center.
- This place came highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2011This place came highly recommended for the financial center area. The views are teriffic, but unfortunately that's where the good ceased. The restaurant area was freezing and we asked them to raise the temp, but they did not. It took us nearly two hours to get through appetizers and entree's (no dessert or coffee). The salads were not very good, though the entree's, including the side dish of spinach, were pretty good. For the price, though, it's not worth it - even if an expense account item.Special Features:
- We had a client lunch yesterdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2011We had a client lunch yesterday at the Grill Room and although the staff were very accomodating when amneding our booking time and guest numbers by phone, the service was slow. Food was great although a dish had to be sent back beacuse it was cold, perhaps it had been out to long waiting to be served. Atmosphere is great and a good spot for a buiness lunch however bring layers this place is FREEZING cold!!!Special Features:
- A Gem in the World Financial CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2011Had a wonderful evening at The Grill Room, food was amazing, had the Chilean Sea Bass, delicious! Perfect table by the window, view was spectacular, host and waitstaff were very friendly and accommodating. Will definitely return soon and bring lots of friends!Special Features:
- Only nice place for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/5/2011Only nice place for business lunches in the area but the food is mediocre
- The food was delicious andGaryVIPDined on 4/4/2011The food was delicious and the staff was excellent.Special Features:
- Fozen seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2011We ordered the Seafood platter for 4. All of the fish was previously frozen and tasted that way. Not worth the moneySpecial Features:
- Amazing Anniversary Dinner...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2011We had an absolutely amazing anniversary dinner. The wait staff greeted us and wished us a Happy Anniversary. The hostess even brought over champagne to our table. We really enjoyed the meal, the grilled shrimp was our favorite. The view as perfect! We flew in for dinner and turned around and returned to Philadelphia without a hitch. Thank you Grill Room staff for making our 11th extra special. The Sefers.Special Features:
- We ordered the seafood platterjsalVIPDined on 3/18/2011We ordered the seafood platter and enjoyed everything on it. The view of the park, the water, and the sunset was excellent. Best of all was the service. First, I requested for a quiet table with a view, and got exactly what I wanted. Then I had problems with my reservations and dining points on OpenTable. The managers were very accommodating, patient and extremely helpful. They sorted the problem out with OpenTable and even called me back to make sure that everything was ok. I highly recommend this place and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Execellent food and customerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2011Execellent food and customer service, definitely recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- Avoid the Steak Sandwich!food4meVIPDined on 3/11/2011Having very much enjoyed my prior meals at The Grill Room, I was very disappointed last Friday. My guest and I asked the waiter whether he would recommend the steak sandwich or the hamburger, and he suggested the steak sandwich. It was almost inedible as the pieces of steak were tough and had virtually no flavor. Fortunately, the french fries were excellent, and there was a good pickle and a tiny but nice bit of coleslaw. I was embarrassed for my guest, but he was too polite to say anything.Special Features:
- It is always a pleasure tofood4meVIPDined on 3/9/2011It is always a pleasure to eat here. The expansive views and high ceilings bring a wonderful quality of light and air, the tables have ample space between them, ideal for a business lunch, the food is very good and the service is professional.Special Features:
- Always a superb experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2011Always a superb experience from the service to the menu.Special Features:
- The Grill Room. My New Best Friend!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/4/2011This was a birthday celebration to myself and the experience far exceeded my expections for celebrating alone. The restaurant is very lively and the view spectacular and the prime rib is to die for...can't wait to go again alone or with a group...Special Features:
- Exquisite, romantic, classy,DenaDined on 2/18/2011Exquisite, romantic, classy, and delicious. The management and staff were attentive, friendly, and professional.Special Features:
- It's all about the view!SherylVIPDined on 2/18/2011It's all about the view! Windows over the Hudson provide a wonderful backdrop. Food is reliably good (Cobb Salad is a favorite; tuna tartare is also delicious) and service is excellent.Special Features:
- The place is nice I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2011The place is nice I would recommend it for a romantic date nice viewsSpecial Features:
- Food,Service and Scenery wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2011Food,Service and Scenery was Superior! This was a dinner with a work group on Valentines night and while the restaurant was predominantly couples, it was still perfect for our group.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/9/2011The food was excellent, and the wait staff very efficient. The views were nice as they over looked the Hudson River. This is a great place to have a business lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Very nice lunch--great view,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/15/2010Very nice lunch--great view, delicious beef and chicken, friendly service.Special Features:
- This was a wonderful experience,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/10/2010This was a wonderful experience, once I found it. The address is listed as 225 Liberty Street, which I could not find. I asked several people where The Grill Room was, and was sent on a wild goose chase around World Financial Center. Had the address been listed on Open Table as "in the Winter Garden", I would have found it much easier. The food and service was terrific, and the view was spectacular.Special Features:
- Everyone was very professionalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/3/2010Everyone was very professional and the service was outstaning. The food was top notch. I would highly recommend your restaurant and I will visit again next time I am in New York.Special Features:
- Considering how few diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/2/2010Considering how few dining options there are left in the WFC, this is a decent option to eat some pretty good food in a more scenic setting. Hostess was extremely accommodating, service was nice and fast, drinks were strong. It is pricey relative to other similar places, but once again, there aren't that many alternative options nearby.Special Features:
- Reliably good. I love theSherylVIPDined on 11/29/2010Reliably good. I love the Cobb salad, but the daily specials are always great and the view is spectacular!
- the food was ok, not reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/19/2010the food was ok, not really great. The view, as everyone says, is fantastic (although for a business lunch, which this was, I'm not sure how important this is). Service was generally good, although it took a long time to get our check.Special Features:
- What a view! Service is excellentSherylVIPDined on 10/7/2010What a view! Service is excellent and the food is good - Cobb salad consistently ranks as one of the best around.