The Grill Room at the Windsor Court Hotel
300 Gravier Street
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Central Business District
Contemporary SouthernPrice: $50 and over
The Grill Room at the Windsor Court Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.grillroomneworleans.com/
- Phone: (504) 522-1992
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 10:30am
Weekday Lunch: 11:30am - 1:30pm
Saturday Lunch : 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday Brunch : 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Southern
- Executive Chef: Daniel Causgrove
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: The Grill Room, Polo Club Lounge and Cocktail Bar feature performances by local jazz artists Wednesday through Saturday nights.
Regular Artists include:
Robin Barnes, "New Orleans' Songbird"
Our Sunday Jazz Brunch features the Christopher Kohl Trio Every week.
A word from The Grill Room at the Windsor Court Hotel
Receiving both Forbes Four-Star and AAA Four-Diamond designations, The Grill Room at the Windsor Court Hotel has reclaimed its throne as the most elegant fine dining venue in New Orleans with Chef de Cuisine Daniel Causgrove. Featuring live music every weekend from the city’s hottest musicians, The Grill Room serves up an all-encompassing dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Grill Room at the Windsor Court Hotel - Best Restaurants in Central Business District ›
The Grill Room at the Windsor Court Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (29)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (9)good for groups (8)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- RajBVIPDined on 11/23/2014Very traditional and mundane food. Jazz quartet was a little too loud. Overall nice but not spectacular experience.Special Features:
- Not good at allBozeDined on 11/21/2014The food was not good, the service very slow, and none was in the restaurant - we would never go again. Prices are high for such bad food. There are many other choices in New Orleans.
- Amazing Dinner & HotelLetsGoDined on 10/31/2014We took our family to New Orleans stayed at the Windsor Court and had dinner at the Grill. It was a great adventure and loved the ambiance with hotel and dinning, then could walk over to the French Quarter for wild and crazy time. Then back to an outstanding hotel. Also, enjoyed a wonderful breakfast too. Thank you!Special Features:
- The Grill RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014The Décor of the Windsor hotel and the Grill Room makes you feel like you are eating in Windsor Castle. Great food, great service in elegant surroundings.Special Features:
- Preconcert Dinnerluv2eatoutDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed our pre Paul McCartney concert dinner immensely. The Grill Room is top notch. The staff the facilities and the food can't be beat. Be certain to make a reservation when you stay at the Windsor Court so you won't miss this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dream Come TrueBigMacDined on 10/8/2014The Grill Room was the perfect place for my fiancé to ask me to marry him. The wait staff was highly attentive and helpful in keeping the secret, our table and the entire ambience was romantic, the wine list was extensive, and the food excellent. We chose fresh seafood dishes that were expertly prepared. (Tuna and Grouper). The tomato salad appetizer was delicious. We also shared dessert and were delighted by the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014Great business lunch location. Food and service fantastic. Ms. Helen's graciousness always sets the tone for an exceptional meal.Special Features:
- Great service!NolayumDined on 9/28/2014Our waiters, Howard (?, sorry, bad with names) and Molly were fantastic. Great experience. Great food, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a wonderful experienceJudyDined on 9/6/2014I've been dining here since it opened. Always first rate. We had a lovely time. Attention was pais to oyr birthday person. Food delicious, service warm & friendly - non- intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy Pants Lunch!NOLAFoodieDined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful lunch and the service was good. However, if you are on your lunch from work.....this place may be too slow. It took 1 hr and 30 minutes to get in and out.Special Features:
- Beautiful place and fine diningBeverlyDined on 8/25/2014We went for the Coolinary Specials and were so glad we did. The food was fabulous, the service excellent and the ambiance was special. We will definetly recommend special evenings to our friends.Special Features:
- SeadogSeadogDined on 8/23/2014Had the Coolinary menu with wife ,Hanger steak with fries and Tomato salad for$20.Regular menu price $40.Great value .The food and service were excellent. This is a high class restaurant. I can't say it enough it was a fantastic meal for price . Thanks Grill Room .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great, except...eateries0etcDined on 8/22/2014I had ordered from the Coolinary Lunch which was fantastic, but my boyfriend ordered from the lunch menu. He absolutely loved the blue crab remoulade club sandwich, but the gumbo had to be returned since it was inedible; the roux was burnt. That was quite disappointing.Special Features:
- Always love the Grill Room!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014After eating there once because it was convenient, we went back because it's fantastic. Had a great family dinner before moving our son into Tulane university. The waiter was really nice and friendly, and the food could not have been better!Special Features:
- great!larrystorchDined on 8/21/2014delicious and classy as hell. the coolinary menu was pretty awesome.Special Features:
- UnCool CoolinaryTudorLouisianaDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I are New Orleans natives and try different restaurants that host the "Coolinary" lunch menu. The grill room was the 4th. The shrimp and corn appetizer was very good, but the entree was barely edible. We both had the Hangersteak with spinach and pommesfrites. The steak was a barely warmed pile of sliced steak pieces served with cold "frozen" tasting French fries and plain spinach. The accompanying bread rolls were hard and unappetizing. We had high expectations that the Grill Room would have well presented and high quality menu, with great service. We were sorely disappointed. The waitress recognized our displeasure with the entree and compted one meal, but the damage was done.
- Honeymoon delightHoneymoonfoodieDined on 8/10/2014I chose the Windsor Court full suite for my honeymoon with my beautiful bride, in part because of the Grill Room. I was not disappointed with the restaurant, though it comes with the expected price tag. We came in from Los Angeles, so the prices were not different than what I have become accustom to, but the food was substantially better here!Special Features:
- Coolinary LunchNOLAprofessorDined on 8/1/2014I went with a friend for the special Coolinary lunch menu. Unfortunately, it was disappointing, especially compared to their Coolinary lunch last August, 2013. The starters we had were very good. The entree was delicious, but it was tiny- the size of a small appetizer. We were very surprised when we saw it, 3 shrimp over a couple of tablespoons of corn with a few baby lima beans mixed in. I had been excited to return for a Coolinary lunch this year after having a perfect Coolinary lunch there last year. Last August, there were 3 courses, a starter, a normal sized entree, and a small desert. I'm sorry to see that the Grill Room has cut back. We still loved the atmosphere, location, and delicious (although tiny portioned) food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 404 reviews are from the The Grill Room at the Windsor Court Hotel reviews archive.
- R'evolutionRickDined on 7/26/2014I'm from Shreveport. Third time to dine at R'evolution. MagnificentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GizmoDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I got engaged at this hotel 20 years ago and had a fabulous dinner there then. The hotel room was still very nice but I think things have changed a lot in the dining room. I was a bit surprised because NOLA is the dining capital of the US. And I am from New York City and think NOLA is the leader in the service industry across the board. I would stay there again in a heart beat but I am not sure I would use the restaurant.Special Features:
- TAHdelightfulDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful dinner with a quiet, beautiful atmosphere. Great Dining experience !!Special Features:
- Didn't know what to expectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We have lived in New Orleans and have been going back for years. For whatever reason we had never tried the Grill Room at Windsor Court. My wife and I were extremely pleased- as everything was delicious and prepared well at a great temperature. The staff was great, I was a little surprised that it wasn't busier, however it is not completely fair to judge on one night. Overall the experience was incredible and would recommend someone to go back there- some interesting drinks and just good atmosphere with the tall windows. - We will do it againSpecial Features:
- Off serviceBelAirCarGuyDined on 6/22/2014Took a large group of 12 people. Food was wonderful, but wait staff seems to be more in line with a fast food restaurant. Mixed up orders, forgot food for some folks, service was slow and unattentive. This did not appear to be a rookie wait staff, but certainly either very poorly trained by the Grill Room or totally lacking supervision.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, overextended waitstaffratbaVIPDined on 6/18/2014we had a delicious dinner here (both the scallops and the duck were especially terrific), but they need to put more staff on the floor. They were clearly overextended, so the service was not up to the top quality of the food, which was elegant, beautifully presented, and well thought out. the servers wanted to be attentive, but there were just not enough of them to cover all the tables properly. also, the décor, while elegant, feels a bit fusty and old fashioned, and could use some updating to keep up with the other gorgeous spaces in this wonderful hotel.Special Features:
- Wonderful!funforfiveDined on 6/11/2014Five of us were celebrating our 70th birthdays and the whole stay was memorable! The whole staff was attentive and helpful! Our rooms were lovely! One of my classmates and I were in room 618 and Keisha was our "turn down" girl! She was wonderful and couldn't do enough for us...even brought us chocolate-covered strawberries with Happy Birthday written on the plate! We were SO spoiled. The hotel is located within walking distance of everything! I plan to stay again!!! Thank you for everything you did for us! AngieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grill RoomdickVIPDined on 5/31/2014I've been to the Grill Room many times over the years. The previous experiences have been elegant, and the food great The menu with limited choices is not what I would expect from a first class New Orleans restaurant. We went to Commander's Palace the other evening and the food experience was wonderful-unfortunately it was not wonderful at the Grill Room. I don't think the restaurant could exist if it wasn't for the hotel to support it.Special Features:
- love the Grill Roomredcrawfish59Dined on 5/24/2014The Grill Room is one of the very few places we go to when we have a very special occasion. It is expensive, but so worth it. The waiters are so attentive and friendly. Can't beat the food, and the timing at which the food was brought out. One of my favorite places, because sometimes you back to where you have been to before, and the place isn't the same . But that is not the case here. Everything was wonderful,as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulParisroseVIPDined on 5/21/2014The Grill Room is a perfect way to celebrate a special occasion. Fantastic service and wine liist. The food is a little lack luster. Visiting New Orleans , you expect more local ingredients on the menu. You can get a steak and lobster and where in the USA.Special Features:
- ChrisVIPDined on 5/16/2014Celebrated our daughter's graduation at the Grill Room. The restaurant did a great job making the evening special. We had a private room and the service was extraordinary. The food was wonderful. The spring pea and ham soup was delicious. The pork was wonderfully prepared and presented. Other guests praised the scallops. Highly recommended for special occasions.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!JPRahaimDined on 5/11/2014We chose The Grill Room for our Mother's Day Night Out & could not have made a better decision. The Chef's Tasting Menu (with wine pairings) was absolutely wonderful. Our waiter was top notch with his knowledge and explanation of the wines. Very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day TreatMIkeDined on 5/11/2014Exceptional service! They had a great Mother's Day menu and a hip jazz trio playing during our meal. Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- dinner at Windsor CourtOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/7/2014The food was fabulous, as usual. The service on the night we were there was not good. Bar service was good and lunch the previous day was good with good service. I hope this was just a glitch on one night. I will return.Special Features:
- Vast improvementRoadtripDined on 5/5/2014We have stayed at the Windsor Court multiple times and the Grill Room has been, at best, spotty. All that is put to rest by our experience there this week. From the hostess, to the waiter and busperson, to the floor manager the service was outstanding. The food may have exceeded the service! Perfectly cooked and presented, timely and tasty. Pricey? Sure, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and service ...JAB611VIPDined on 5/4/2014When the above reproach service compliments simply excellent cuisine there is not much else to say but - THANK YOU!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and SophisticatedJohnDined on 5/4/2014I took my fiancé there for a romantic, birthday, Sunday brunch and it was simply a delightful experience! The service was incredible and the meal exquisite. The 3 person jazz ensemble played soft music, which was the perfect touch to our wonderful dining experience. J. BurkeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live music good foodThecheemanDined on 4/25/2014Great live jazz in the space seperating the dining room from the bar. The decor is beautiful French everywhere. Some food items were great but not all. Surprising since the menu is fairly small. Best if you know what to order beforehand (don't get the crab gratin)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Easter BrunchNOLAisForMeDined on 4/20/2014Had a fabulous brunch on Easter Sunday with a friend. The atmosphere was lovely (fantastic live music), food was amazing, and the service and hospitality from each and every staff member was superb. Highly recommend this restaurant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014The Windsor Court Hotel is a landmark , up-market hotel in New Orleans. It has a marvelous location. The Grill Room is stunningly beautiful. Intimate, French décor.... a cocoon of a gentle world of perfect manners and wonderful food. The choice of food was authentic French Louisiana, with choices for everyone. If you want a salad, this will be the best salad you will have. We had brunch. I had the crab cake eggs Benedict. Simply unbelievable. You need to dress up, bring an appetite, and a few hours to savor a world gone by. Cherie A.Special Features:
- Dining excellenceBabetteDined on 4/17/2014A wonderful place for a special date or any memorable occasion. There's a jazz pianist, but the music is never too loud to interrupt a good dinner table conversation. Food is excellent and they happily accommodate special requests given notice. Service is also top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Versus Grabbing a BiteronfVIPDined on 4/12/2014Everything about the Windsor Court and the Grill Room is first class with the exception of their dress code. It may be my particular take on this but I am sure that the Windsor Court would be just as busy if they refused entry into the dining room to people dressed in cargo shorts and/or sweat pants and T-Shirts. The service, food and entertainment were top notch. The guys chugging bear in shorts and t-shirts and the woman in the sweat pants I could have easily done without. This type of attire just diminishes the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.