The Grill on the Alley - Westlake Village
120 Promenade Way
Westlake Village, CA 91362Neighborhood:
Agoura Hills / Westlake Village
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Grill on the Alley - Westlake Village
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thegrill.com/
- Phone: 8054181760x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu in the bar.
Sunday through Friday 3-7pm
*Please note that we do not accept reservations for Happy Hour or for patio seating.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Sola Private Dining Room can accommodate Parties up to 50, a more intimate room that can accommodate parties up to 11 and a Covered Patio and Lounge area that can accommodate seated events up to 50 and Standing Cocktail Parties up to 80. Menus and options are available. Just call the Restaurant for personal assistance.
- Private Party Contact: Ariella Traficante 8054181760x
A word from The Grill on the Alley - Westlake Village
The Grill on the Alley Westlake is located at The Promenade at Westlake, a Mediterranean-styled outdoor shopping and entertainment center featuring some of the most well respected merchants in the world, including Sur La Table, Barnes & Noble, m. Frederic, Restoration Hardware and Bristol Farms. Curbside take-out service is available.The Grill on the Alley was opened in 1984 as a living tribute to the great American grills of yesterday. In time, it has established itself as one of the country's leading restaurants, praised by writers across the country. The menu is classic American grill - prime steaks, fresh seafood, traditional dishes such as chicken pot pie or meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and homemade desserts. Named to The Fine Dining Hall of Fame by Nation's Restaurant News, The Grill is home of the entertainment industry's "power lunch," but is also open for dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Grill on the Alley - Westlake Village - Best Restaurants in Agoura Hills / Westlake Village ›
The Grill on the Alley - Westlake Village reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (53)great for outdoor dining (51)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (47)great for lunch (45)notable wine list (36)great for brunch (36)good for groups (32)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (20)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Good and service was excellent! We will be back. We couldn't think of anything that needed improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tait is the man!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The overall dining experience was quite nice and we plan a return later this month. we were most impressed with Tait who made the brunch very memorable. All in all, a great start to a fine day.Special Features:
- always consistent food and service!great2dineDined on 8/30/2014Service and food are always great, good variety and consistent quality.Special Features:
- OverpricedDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014Food met expectations for a high end steak restaurant. Entrees were fully priced for a suburb and yet The Grill tacks on for little things like béarnaise sauce ($4). Worse, the wine list is way overpriced (3-4x retail) with very few bottles under $100. Usually service is good but was inexperienced and inattentive on this visit.Special Features:
- great food and dining experiencemom3boysDined on 8/23/2014We felt taken care of the instant we walked in the door. Our waiters were attentive and helpful. The food was excellent and overall we had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice patio ambiencetonibVIPDined on 8/15/2014The Grill has great food and service. Their outside dining is relaxing and has great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service.traceyntVIPDined on 8/13/2014As usual the Grill is great. The food is delicious and it always helps to have a coupon $30 off every $100. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!PickyDinerDined on 8/10/2014Out for a birthday dinner with family (adults only) and everything was fantastic. The service was top notch and everything we ate was outstanding. Large portions and variety. Pricey, but worth it for a special occasions.Special Features:
- Dissapointing DinnerRnatelDined on 8/1/2014We have been to Grill on the Alley before and this was our least favorite experience. The service was not great, Did not get water or bread till way after we received our drinks and the martinis were not filled to top for the high price they charge compared to comparable Mastro's restaurant. They never refilled water without me having to seek out and hope. The sautéed mushroom were not a great side. We did like the halibut special and split a special salad but for a party of 4 and bill well over $300 with tip, it was not worth it on this visit. The special occasion dessert was terrible, like an over saturated cake with no real pizzazz which was unfortunate as special occasion desserts should be better prepared and nicer I believe.Special Features:
- Best Trout AlmondineCrazyTravelVIPDined on 7/31/2014I had a chopped lettuce wedge which was excellent and the trout almondine which was some of the best trout I have ever had! Lunch was excellent!Special Features:
- gibsonDined on 7/26/2014We love the Grill but the service was a little slow this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RBGrillDined on 7/23/2014Our favorite Restaurant and the best Restaurant in Souther CaliforniaSpecial Features:
- Not up to their usual standardsRobbDined on 7/18/2014My wife's fish arrived under cooked and cold. 20 minutes later a replacement arrived. In the meantime my food got cold. It was our 43rd wedding anniversary. No one inquired if this was a special occasion. The bill was not adjusted due to the fish fiasco, nor was a complimentary desert offered. The best they would do was to offer my wife a second bowl of soup. Not what you would expect from a supposedly upscale restaurant.
- Fabulous for Steaks & More!MomLovesFoodVIPDined on 7/16/2014Beautiful restaurant with great service! We began with delicious cocktails followed by a great wine from their extensive wine list. We moved on to salads which were wonderful. Then some of us enjoyed steaks and they were terrific but others enjoyed the Ahi Tuna. Each entree comes with a side but we added some of the other side selections & they were fabulous! Chipotle creamed corn, Brussel Sprouts & Loaded Mac & Cheese - Oh my goodness! SO delectable! We've eaten at the Beverly Hills location as well which was also wonderful & we will be back if we ever visit again. No one left unfulfilled or wanting for anything!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Evening Despite TableLeenieDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed a family dinner celebrating an accomplishment. The food was excellent, the service (tag team) was different but effective. However, we were placed at a table in the back where we were forced to watch the employees go through the flatware all evening which lessened an otherwise enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2014Went for a special occasion. Great food and fine dining. A bit on the noisy side.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/3/2014Always excellent. Never disappointed with the food or service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticvalerieDined on 7/2/2014Had a great business lunch. The staff was really attentive and didn't miss anything,Special Features:
- My man TatewildechildDined on 6/28/2014Best food I've had in awhile and I eat out a lot! Sat at bar to wait for our table and never left. Tate the bartender took such good care of us and makes amazing drinks to your exact specifications.Followed his lead on the menu and was not disappointed. Food was absolutely amazing! Great company at the bar made it a fun evening. Will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Dinnerbobe0212Dined on 6/28/2014This was our second visit the The Grill on the Alley in Westlake Village, and we had a very enjoyable meal. We were seated promptly for our 8:00 PM dinner reservation. Service was attentive but not overpowering. The food was outstanding - steaks and lamb chops were cooked exactly to our requests and portions were ample. The noise level is a bit high, but the quality of the food and service more than made up for that. I would highly recommend The Grill for a special evening out.Special Features:
- WWould definitely come backOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Food is good,ambiance tops and employees caring...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened-not as good as beforegwjazzDined on 6/24/2014Have had 5-6 previous dinners/lunches here. This time the server tried to be helpful but talked WAY too fast. The food took a long time to prepare. My wife made a point of telling the waiter to prepare the meat a certain way, and even he admitted it was cooked wrong, so we had to wait ANOTHER 40 minutes for her meal. Her grilled broccoli tasted very propane-ish. The waiter did comp us for the bad meal, and they did give us an anniversary cake piece, and they checked on our waiter a lot. BUT, it took an eternity to get another set of silverware so I could share my meal with my wifeSpecial Features:
- NOT happyNevergobackDined on 6/22/2014The food was way overpriced - my halibut ($38) was over cooked and dry - Prime Rib ($55!) was bad and not the 28oz it was listed to be. And my credit card was charged $10 more than I signed for - someone at the restaurant must have changed my bill!! I would never go back!! Overpriced and bad food.
- Bland ambianceCatbcuteDined on 6/20/2014Love the atmosphere and the service but the salmon, pork chop and John Dory we ordered were bland. In need of more sauces. Side dishes of lobsters mashed potatos, ahi tuna stack, and Brussels sprouts were deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing espectacularYani29Dined on 6/15/2014We were a table of 6. The food isn't exquisite for the price, I have tried better with Michelin star chefs. For me, they brought me a filet mignon raw inside and charred on the top. I had asked for medium. Then they cooked it again and it was dry and tasteless. The cream of spinach tasted like it was thaw out from a microwave frozen meal. For a person who is used to dining at Chilis this restaurant might be 5 stars. For a fine palate this restaurant comes short of espectacular. Everyone has different standards. Bottomline.. Overpriced for the quality, best quality of the restaurant is the service.
- Terrific!!!robinVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great Restaurant. The menu is so varied, there is something for everyone. The food was delicious and the portions, plenty!!! The restaurant is big and can accommodate larger parties with ease. Service was excellent. Enjoyable and Relaxing environment. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicknameVIPDined on 6/15/2014Mediocre Father's Day brunch. Got stuck in area that is normally a private dining room. Not the best for ambiance.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014excellent service and good food. Good place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great restaurantNMS53Dined on 6/14/2014I have been to The Grill on the Alley in Westlake many times. It is always the first choice for birthdays, anniversaries, etc. The food is wonderful-especially the short ribs. The meat is so tender and it has such flavor. For fish lovers, they have John Dory, which is a whitefish and just melts in your mouth. The service is just as outstanding as the food.Special Features:
- Special OccassionBostonLoversDined on 6/14/2014We took my father in law here for Father's Day 2014. Food was excellent and the service was impeccable. Definitely a favorite when we come back to Cali to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ChefsSDevoDined on 6/12/2014My wife and I went here for our 32nd anniversary. It was a perfect choice. the food preparation and flavor is second to none.Special Features:
- Perfect ChoiceTOTori28Dined on 6/9/2014Appreciate the special treatment for our anniversary celebration. It was the perfect choice! Wait staff was excellent.Special Features:
- Best Patio in townOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Great food, great service, great managers. Had a lovely dinner on the patio & it was perfect. Randy & Christy (both managers) couldn't be more welcoming and warm. They make every dinner perfection. The garlic cheese bread is to die for. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceAgouraFoodieDined on 6/1/2014We went there for a special occasion. Great food, good service, nice wine. I really enjoyed the Brussels sprouts side dish. My husband had a filet mignon and it was perfect.Special Features:
- GLOALERTDined on 5/30/2014THE PRICE FOR THE FOOD WAS WAY TO MUCH FOR WHAT IT WAS,MY STEAK WAS CUT IN HALF AND RAW! IT WAS VERY LOUD AND WE WERE AT A TABLE WHERE THE SUN WAS IN OUR EYES FOR A HR. AND NO ONE ASKED IF WE WANTED TO MOVE,I HAVE HAD MUCH BETTER FOOD FOR A LOT LESS AND WOULD NOT GO BACK THERE AGAIN..Special Features:
- A FavoriteLindaVIPDined on 5/30/2014Excellent food and great service but quite expensive. It is worth the money though. We usually get steak but tried seafood this time...husband had the crab cakes and I had salmon. Both were excellent. Lobster mashed potatoes were quite good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The grillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014Good food but way overpriced for the food quality and quantity. 140 bucks and still left hungry.
- Excellent serviceAndrewFDined on 5/25/2014Service was wonderful, food and drinks were excellent. Only had a pricing issue which was resolved promptly. Highly recommend. Not cheap but well worth the money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLouiVIPDined on 5/24/2014My experience was wonderful. I honestly have never had a less than stellar lunch or dinner yet. Would definitely recommend the grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014This was my and my husbands first time there and it won't be our last! Everything was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.