The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
13270 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thegrill.com/
- Phone: (214) 459-1601
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Sat, 11am-10pm
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu in the bar. Hours daily from 4 - 7pm. $5 cheeseburgers, martinis and wine specials Thursday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Winans
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Board Room and our Grill Room are the perfect places for special events. Every celebration is custom-designed by us, with one of the country’s top culinary teams, with lunch starting at 20.00 per guest and dinner starting at 42.00 per guest, featuring three courses from our renowned menu.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra Stewart 8774512624
- Special Events: There are two private rooms available for private events: The Board Room accommodates up to 10 guests and The Grill Roomaccommodates up to 32 guests.
A word from The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
The Grill on the Alley, Dallas, opened in July 2006 in the Galleria Dallas. Our famous signature dishes of prime steaks and chops, fresh seafood, pasta and freshly prepared salads are complemented by an extensive wine list, featuring unique selections from California’s boutique wineries, as well as a high energy, full service bar introducing hand crafted classic cocktails.Modeled after the great big city grills of the 30s and 40s, The Grill on the Alley serves traditional American fare. Featuring Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts, all served in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere by servers that really care about the guest's experience. We also boast the best Martini and Happy Hour in town. Two adjoining Private Dining Rooms seating up to 40 guests each are the perfect place for business meetings or family celebrations. Dine-in and Take-out is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)great for lunch (34)good for groups (28)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (23)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great ServiceTexp51Dined on 11/6/2014Thank you! I use this place for business dinners and you can always count on them for a great experience. Our group grew from 4 to 5 and they handled it well and found a quieter area for us to dine. Great service, and they know when to engage and when to let you talk. Nicely do Everything!Special Features:
- Loud bar but good food!DOCDAVEVIPDined on 11/6/2014Bar very noisy so ask for table at opposite end! The waitstaff was very attentive but not intrusive. Wine list is good but in a difficult-to-read book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So SoFood4AllVIPDined on 11/6/2014I go to The Grill often for business lunches. I am disappointed that The Grill took the flavored unsweetened tea off the menu. It was a nice change and alternative to regular iced tea. Our service this last time was slow and we had to wait a long time for the table to be cleared and for the check.Special Features:
- Great business lunchIanMDined on 10/29/2014Excellent service, as usual. The French dip sandwich was a little disappointing. I should have stayed with the usual salad. The bread was not a nice chewy french bread but some kind of sourdough. The gazpacho was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow excellent restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014The Sea Bass melted in my husbands mouth while I had the Trout covered in an incredible crab cake and sauce. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fabulous Restaurant!DFWFoodie2014Dined on 10/20/2014Met some friends from out of town here. Wonderful dining experience for a special occasion! I'll be back!Special Features:
- CarolDined on 10/18/2014Excellant food, exceptional service, great ambience for special occasion, business lunch. Wait staff - awesome.Special Features:
- Good Place for a Quiet DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014I've been here on numerous occasions and have always had great food and good service. This visit was a little disappointing because my steak was overcooked. This was a first for me, but the manager took care of everything and in the end I was very satisfied with the visit. I really like The Grill. My date's food was perfect as was everything else we ordered. The impressive part of the visit was the staff and manager did everything to make up for it. That's how a great restaurant should operate.Special Features:
- Great Choice for Business & MoreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The Grill on the Alley is perfect for any business lunch, special occasion or just a meal with friends. From the amazing food, attentive Chef (Daniel that is) and super bartenders, there is no better Dallas spot. Frequent visitors are treated like family - everyone always speaks to you and waits on you hand and foot. And if you're in an important business conversation, they have a way of remaining unseen, yet still attentive. Definitely recommend this spot.Special Features:
- A great Galleria restaurantimonsecondVIPDined on 10/16/2014It's expensive, but not inordinately so when compared to the top steakhouses, but expensive when compared to most of the restaurants in the Galleria. If you are staying at the Westin or plan a business dinner, it's a pretty solid bet. The food is reliably very good, the service is great and I like the ambiance. They have a private dining room good for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014Great location at Galleria Dallas. Filet Mignon is a MUST!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Great As AlwaysTeamCasonVIPDined on 9/27/2014I personally enjoyed the stuff flounder and the strawberry shortcake. Friends enjoyed angus bacon burger and louie salad to include crab meat.Special Features:
- NolagirlintexasDined on 9/10/2014Good place to for a work meeting lunch. Menu is extensive for both lunch and dinner. Competent service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- wines123VIPDined on 9/7/2014The Grill is a really nice place to eat. The steaks are always good but the fish is also very nice. Had the tuna Cajun style I would highly recommend it. Also nice place to have a beer and watch a football game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as Always!finefoodaddictDined on 9/6/2014The staff go out of there way to anticipate your every need. From the gracious greeting at the door, to the wait staff that is attentive without being intrusive, to the presentation of the always exceptional food, The Grill on the Alley is consistently exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveaggiebowhunterDined on 9/3/2014Overall experience was great. Brick chicken was fantastic.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly enjoyed our dinnerMizJanieVIPDined on 9/1/2014Started with a martini and Aqua Panna followed closely with their freshly baked signature bread and butter. Went for the petite fillet and ask for it rare plus with a warm red center. Both steaks arrived perfectly cooked, hot and succulent. We swapped the mashed potatoes for the spinach mashed potatoes and ordered the mushrooms which were pretty definitive all on their own. Of course, we finished with coffee and tea, both served in their own piping hot carafes; and the chef's delightful chocolate banana cream pie. Love lunch here during the work-week but, prefer the quiet attentive service of a weekend dinner to really relax. This property is consistently excellent. Great spot for entertaining out of town guests too!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal except...Bill750Dined on 8/31/2014There were four of us at lunch yesterday. I ordered Eggs Benedict and wish I would have ordered something else. The service was quite good and my wife and guests enjoyed their meals. My dish was mediocre at best - the eggs were overdone and the Canadian bacon was full of gristle. If we weren't in a hurry, I would have sent my meal back and ordered something else and I know they would have accommodated me with no problem. I had a discount coupon for more than my meal cost, so it's really not a problem and I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014My Pork chop was wonderful, but my companion's filet ( in a city known for red meat) was, ... "not very good, and definetly not worth 1/2 the price.". Service was good, but it appeared that our servers did not mesh well, with long periods of inattention, followed by brief periods of over attention, followed by periods of inattention again. I am not sure, with all the restaurants in town, that I would risk my money again here.Special Features:
- Great service and delicious foodCristinaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Great service and delicious food as always. Friendly staff. Bar service is excellentSpecial Features:
- Went for lunch310LakesideVIPDined on 8/29/2014The fish tacos were excellent. First time I had them with tuna. My colleague said his Kobe burger was great, too.Special Features:
- Expensive Steak and GrillimonsecondVIPDined on 8/23/2014Check out the menu (you have to search for it on Opentable because there is no tab for it) to see if you are up for the price range and the selection. The least expensive steak, 8oz petite filet mignon is $42.75 and it goes up to $53.75. Otherwise, the food is great, the service is great, just bring your wallet. Also it can get noisy on weekends.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnertxdtubbsDined on 8/23/2014We had our Anniversary Dinner with another couple on a Saturday night. I had no trouble making a reservation on open table.com website. The Hostess made comments as to Adult Beverage favorites. What a nice surprise. I ordered the Prime Filet which was absolutely wonderful. My husband had a favorite fish entree and one of our friends asked for her fish to be made a certain way, which was not on the menu. They were able to make her request and she ate every bite! I know where our special dinners will be from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent, as always! One of our favorite places to dine. Great food, great staff--special place.Special Features:
- Great food and an escape!hauoli2dineDined on 8/16/2014The staff does a great job of welcoming you, serving you and preparing great food. The best steak tartar in town without a doubt plus wonderful entrees and deserts and a very good wine list. The atmosphere created by the décor gives me a feeling that I have been transported to another place, maybe New York or Chicago or even Beverly Hills. A mini-vacation. The bar area is a great place to unwind with one of their great martinis or a glass of wine and either hang with friends or watch some sports on the TVs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major DisappointmentSPaulVIPDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant week menu for $45 could have been purchased from the normal menu for less!! The appetizer selection was awful. So we ordered from the menu and the disappointment continued. My Porkchop was big thick and tasteless. My husbands steak was dry and delivered on a big empty plate. McDonald's does a better presentation. To top it off when I asked for an Irish coffee I got a cup of black coffee, with not even a spoon. We will not be going back.
- Very Enjoyable Vistpamporter600Dined on 8/16/2014Food was fabulous; JP, our server was fabulous and our BIrthday Party had a great time. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedImagineThatDined on 8/15/2014Had it not been for Restaurant Week, I would have never sought out this restaurant. The place was not very busy, but service was slow. My party of 3 was not overly impressed with the food for the high costs on their menu. I would not return.
- Ohhhhh, that Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was amazing. The cowboy ribeye and the Idaho stuffed trout with jumbo lump crab meat are seasoned to perfection, succulent, delicacies that you must try. The creamed spinach is a pleaser and the macaroni and cheese will let you know you have hit the culinary jack pot! We were lucky enough to have been the recipients of a pricey dinner certificate but we definitely won't be waiting to come back! Chef spent some time at our table going over the menu and our waiter was knowledgeable and efficient. This place is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary and we could not have chosen a better place. excellent service and great food. Thank you Darcy for helping to make our night great.Special Features:
- Great Service!Lyn9wDined on 7/31/2014My friend and I decided to sit at the bar instead of the dining room, and we were so glad we did. The bartenders were wonderful and the happy hour menu is the best deal in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Steak and Fish RestaurantSamuelVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food and service was very good, but the overall experience was over priced. I know you can have a meal as good as this in Dallas for 2/3rds of the cost of the place.Special Features:
- Nice dinner with customer/guestsBirthdaygalsDined on 7/24/2014The food was very good, thought a bit expensive. The service was very good!Special Features:
- The following 606 reviews are from the The Grill on the Alley - Dallas reviews archive.
- Every Prospect PleasesTerryDined on 7/20/2014Sunday, July 20, 2014 a guest and I enjoyed wonderfujl Crab Cabe Benedicts and potatoes as we chatted uninterupted by loud background noise or inconsiderate staff. Our waiter was the essence of politeness and consideration, which was particularly appreciated because my guest is a little hard of hearing. She said as we left she had greatly enjoyed her first visit. I on the other hand was very pleased that The Grill fulfllled all my needs in entertaining a great old friend. This is what I have come to expect of The Grill over the years, and I am grateful. Thank you. Terence C RoperSpecial Features:
- always excellentBusterVIPDined on 7/15/2014I have been visiting the Dallas Grill since it opened; I used to visit the Beverly Hills location on a regular basis. Their steaks are some of the best in town and now they offer many toppings to accompany them. This visit steak tartare was one of the featured starters. It used to be on the menu as a regular item. If you like tartare, and it is on the menu, it is a definite must have. Seafood - crab cakes - are the best I've eaten in town. The wine steward, Paul, is very knowledgeable and reliable. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Absolutely DeliciousBenihanoDined on 7/9/2014We had a perfect evening at the Grill on the Alley again. Simply everything, appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts, and drinks - are amazing. I think I had a Red Ruby Grapefruit Martini that was to die for - shaken not stirred. The service is outstanding. The atmosphere that is totally spotless, chic, elegant and not a group hall, is terrific. There's a tendency to steer toward the giant Steakhouses here- skip them and go old school at The Grill on the Alley. It is heavenly.Special Features:
- business dinner - fabulouslaurawattersDined on 6/19/2014we had a much outdated business dinner here - the food was great the waiter was great (even if he did forget to bring an extra plate). would go again.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014We had a great experience, excellent food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five-Star-ReviewMutzliTalkDined on 6/15/2014Susy and I are customers at "THE GRILL" for many years. We know Daniel Winans, Executive Chef and General Manager personally, as well as the Staff, Morty Jones, Manager, Alexis Maddox, Private Dining Coordinator, Christopher, Maitre-D and Sam, and of course, our favored Waiter, James. We had many Family gatherings in a Private Room, (like 50th Wedding Anniversary, Birthdays etc.,) and everything was "FIRST CLASS"! THE GRILL is like our second Home for eating.... Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!NapaFanDined on 6/15/2014Wonderful Father's Day Brunch! The food was great... the server was friendly; but, a little distracted. We had to ask for everything twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.