The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
13270 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thegrill.com/
- Phone: 2144591601
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Sat, 11am-10pm
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu in the bar. Hours daily from 4 - 7pm. $5 cheeseburgers, martinis and wine specials Thursday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Winans
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Board Room and our Grill Room are the perfect places for special events. Every celebration is custom-designed by us, with one of the country’s top culinary teams, with lunch starting at 20.00 per guest and dinner starting at 42.00 per guest, featuring three courses from our renowned menu.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra Stewart 8774512624
- Special Events: There are two private rooms available for private events: The Board Room accommodates up to 10 guests and The Grill Roomaccommodates up to 32 guests.
A word from The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
The Grill on the Alley, Dallas, opened in July 2006 in the Galleria Dallas. Our famous signature dishes of prime steaks and chops, fresh seafood, pasta and freshly prepared salads are complemented by an extensive wine list, featuring unique selections from California’s boutique wineries, as well as a high energy, full service bar introducing hand crafted classic cocktails.Modeled after the great big city grills of the 30s and 40s, The Grill on the Alley serves traditional American fare. Featuring Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts, all served in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere by servers that really care about the guest's experience. We also boast the best Martini and Happy Hour in town. Two adjoining Private Dining Rooms seating up to 40 guests each are the perfect place for business meetings or family celebrations. Dine-in and Take-out is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (33)great for lunch (28)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (19)romantic (18)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (11)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Expensive Steak and GrillimonsecondVIPDined on 8/23/2014Check out the menu (you have to search for it on Opentable because there is no tab for it) to see if you are up for the price range and the selection. The least expensive steak, 8oz petite filet mignon is $42.75 and it goes up to $53.75. Otherwise, the food is great, the service is great, just bring your wallet. Also it can get noisy on weekends.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We had our Anniversary Dinner with another couple on a Saturday night. I had no trouble making a reservation on open table.com website. The Hostess made comments as to Adult Beverage favorites. What a nice surprise. I ordered the Prime Filet which was absolutely wonderful. My husband had a favorite fish entree and one of our friends asked for her fish to be made a certain way, which was not on the menu. They were able to make her request and she ate every bite! I know where our special dinners will be from now on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/16/2014Excellent, as always! One of our favorite places to dine. Great food, great staff--special place.Special Features:
- Great food and an escape!hauoli2dineDined on 8/16/2014The staff does a great job of welcoming you, serving you and preparing great food. The best steak tartar in town without a doubt plus wonderful entrees and deserts and a very good wine list. The atmosphere created by the décor gives me a feeling that I have been transported to another place, maybe New York or Chicago or even Beverly Hills. A mini-vacation. The bar area is a great place to unwind with one of their great martinis or a glass of wine and either hang with friends or watch some sports on the TVs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major DisappointmentSPaulVIPDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant week menu for $45 could have been purchased from the normal menu for less!! The appetizer selection was awful. So we ordered from the menu and the disappointment continued. My Porkchop was big thick and tasteless. My husbands steak was dry and delivered on a big empty plate. McDonald's does a better presentation. To top it off when I asked for an Irish coffee I got a cup of black coffee, with not even a spoon. We will not be going back.
- Very Enjoyable Vistpamporter600Dined on 8/16/2014Food was fabulous; JP, our server was fabulous and our BIrthday Party had a great time. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ohhhhh, that Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The food was amazing. The cowboy ribeye and the Idaho stuffed trout with jumbo lump crab meat are seasoned to perfection, succulent, delicacies that you must try. The creamed spinach is a pleaser and the macaroni and cheese will let you know you have hit the culinary jack pot! We were lucky enough to have been the recipients of a pricey dinner certificate but we definitely won't be waiting to come back! Chef spent some time at our table going over the menu and our waiter was knowledgeable and efficient. This place is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014My wife and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary and we could not have chosen a better place. excellent service and great food. Thank you Darcy for helping to make our night great.Special Features:
- Great Service!Lyn9wDined on 7/31/2014My friend and I decided to sit at the bar instead of the dining room, and we were so glad we did. The bartenders were wonderful and the happy hour menu is the best deal in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Steak and Fish RestaurantSamuelVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food and service was very good, but the overall experience was over priced. I know you can have a meal as good as this in Dallas for 2/3rds of the cost of the place.Special Features:
- Nice dinner with customer/guestsBirthdaygalsDined on 7/24/2014The food was very good, thought a bit expensive. The service was very good!Special Features:
- Every Prospect PleasesTerryDined on 7/20/2014Sunday, July 20, 2014 a guest and I enjoyed wonderfujl Crab Cabe Benedicts and potatoes as we chatted uninterupted by loud background noise or inconsiderate staff. Our waiter was the essence of politeness and consideration, which was particularly appreciated because my guest is a little hard of hearing. She said as we left she had greatly enjoyed her first visit. I on the other hand was very pleased that The Grill fulfllled all my needs in entertaining a great old friend. This is what I have come to expect of The Grill over the years, and I am grateful. Thank you. Terence C RoperSpecial Features:
- always excellentBusterVIPDined on 7/15/2014I have been visiting the Dallas Grill since it opened; I used to visit the Beverly Hills location on a regular basis. Their steaks are some of the best in town and now they offer many toppings to accompany them. This visit steak tartare was one of the featured starters. It used to be on the menu as a regular item. If you like tartare, and it is on the menu, it is a definite must have. Seafood - crab cakes - are the best I've eaten in town. The wine steward, Paul, is very knowledgeable and reliable. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Absolutely DeliciousBenihanoDined on 7/9/2014We had a perfect evening at the Grill on the Alley again. Simply everything, appetizers, salads, entrees, and desserts, and drinks - are amazing. I think I had a Red Ruby Grapefruit Martini that was to die for - shaken not stirred. The service is outstanding. The atmosphere that is totally spotless, chic, elegant and not a group hall, is terrific. There's a tendency to steer toward the giant Steakhouses here- skip them and go old school at The Grill on the Alley. It is heavenly.Special Features:
- business dinner - fabulouslaurawattersDined on 6/19/2014we had a much outdated business dinner here - the food was great the waiter was great (even if he did forget to bring an extra plate). would go again.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2014We had a great experience, excellent food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five-Star-ReviewMutzliTalkDined on 6/15/2014Susy and I are customers at "THE GRILL" for many years. We know Daniel Winans, Executive Chef and General Manager personally, as well as the Staff, Morty Jones, Manager, Alexis Maddox, Private Dining Coordinator, Christopher, Maitre-D and Sam, and of course, our favored Waiter, James. We had many Family gatherings in a Private Room, (like 50th Wedding Anniversary, Birthdays etc.,) and everything was "FIRST CLASS"! THE GRILL is like our second Home for eating.... Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it!NapaFanDined on 6/15/2014Wonderful Father's Day Brunch! The food was great... the server was friendly; but, a little distracted. We had to ask for everything twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Pretty standard fare but very well done! Convenient location and valet parking!Special Features:
- Absolutely superbTimDDined on 5/27/2014This place is the best kept secret in Dallas. The food and service is exceptional. Special recognition to both James and David, real pros. If you try this place it will become a favorite. Excellent ambiance and great for groups. Trying to make an impression? This is the place. It never fails to exceed my high expectationsSpecial Features:
- Consistently great!BrotherBDined on 5/27/2014I eat at The Grill whenever I can. It is a great place for a business lunch or dinner, the staff is friendly but not intrusive and the food is consistently outstanding. A great value.Special Features:
- Kobe BurgerTop10VIPDined on 5/25/2014It was good, but at $20.00, it was overpriced, much like other entrees on the menu. The service was good, but we were the only ones there. Still, at this venue (galleria) the choices are either here, of the Grand Lux, which is very crowded and noisy. I would select here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicewolffmanl7Dined on 5/16/2014Our waiter was amazing! Everything he recommended was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother Day BrunchKeenoncustomerserviceDined on 5/11/2014My family and I decided we wanted to eat at a nice mother's day brunch and chose the Grill on the Alley based on the menu and price. I must say I was nothing short of amazed. It was everything I expected and more. Top quality service, the food was awesome and the appreciation we received by choosing to dine there made it all worthy. The catered to our needs and made sure we had everything we wanted. Talk about above and beyond! We've already made July 4th plans when our extended family comes to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid spotNEGrantDined on 5/7/2014I love the trout almondine-best I have ever had! Always a good meal and total experience.Special Features:
- The following 591 reviews are from the The Grill on the Alley - Dallas reviews archive.
- Priced too high!Dallasfoodie77Dined on 4/30/2014Rude cold service with really overpriced OK food.Special Features:
- Food Good Service SlowTop10VIPDined on 4/25/2014Went there at slow time, and expected the service to be more reasonable. The server was very polite, but passed by the table several times without looking our way. The food was good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.Akm777Dined on 4/24/2014I came for lunch. The waiter was knowledgeable and pasisonate when describing the specials. The Ceaser Salad wasn't that good, it seemed to lack flavor. The salmon was SUPERB! The spinach mash was also excellent but needed more salt/butter. Over all, I would come back for dinner,Special Features:
- Another Excellent Business LunchAuntieSocial1Dined on 4/23/2014The Grill on the Alley can always be counted on for a wide variety of very good food which should please any group with varied diet requirements. Service provided by Stefan was impeccable as always.
- Easter BuffetFoodiegirlDined on 4/20/2014We enjoy eating at the Grill on the Alley several times per year. They had their first Easter brunch this year and we decided to give it a go. To be honest, it was a bit of a disappointment. The food and the service were not up to their usual high standards. Perhaps their delicious food (stunningly delicious crab cakes) just doesn't tolerate sitting on heated warmers. The roasted meats were delicious, especially with creamed horseradish on the side, but the dessert table was a disappointment. We know their desserts, where was the raspberry sauce for the key lime pie, where was the ice cream or whipping cream for the brownie?Special Features:
- Excellent for a business lunchdine4goodVIPDined on 4/15/2014The Grill remains one of my favorite spots for a business lunch. Lots of great selections on the menu, food is always delicious and service outstanding. Stephan is my favorite servers....always makes it seamless.Special Features:
- Very nice dinner at the GrillBusinessLuncherDined on 4/8/2014The food was really good as always and the service was first class. Usually it can be a bit loud at the Grill, at least at lunch time, but it was just right for dinner on this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 4/7/2014I often entertain guests for lunch and everyone is always pleased... Ask for Hannah for exceptional service!Special Features:
- Nice Dining ExperienceLgo987VIPDined on 4/5/2014We were looking to indulge a little bit, and we had not been here in several years. We were not disappointed. We made a reservation & were sat right on time. Server was personable & knew the menu very well. Cocktail menu had lots of interesting choices. The lobster bisque was excellent, and the pork chop was huge & prepared very well. The mixed greens salad was exactly what it sounds like- nothing special. The crab stuffed trout was very good. Side dish portion was huge. We had the cauliflower au gratin and wished the cauliflower had been cooked a bit more. This isn't a place we'd go often because of the prices, but it was a nice treat. The bar seems like a great spot for meeting friends for happy hour.Special Features:
- wonderful!DallassheliaVIPDined on 3/26/2014Grill on the alley is always a good spot to go. Great drinks, consistently great food and the service is always first class.Special Features:
- Great seafood and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Service was exceptional, we went with our two small travel weary children and were well taken care of! We all ordered seafood dishes and they were wonderful! Great wine list and quite atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steak nothing elseZZZZDined on 3/18/2014steaks are pretty good, but the rests, salads, appetizers, side dishes, sauce, etc. were quite disappointing. My friend did not even fininsh half of his lobster salad...
- Nice dinner againDallasDavidVIPDined on 3/15/2014We have been to Grill on the Alley several times. It was perfect for a quieter dinner and date night with my wife. We booked a table late in the day and were pleased to get a nice cozy booth. The appetizer specials were both very good - seafood trio and tuna tartare. We split the special bone-in New York steak and frankly it was ok - nothing special. The wines selectedf rom the decent wine list was great as was the carrot cake we split. So overal a good night except the $58 steak was nothing to write home about. Service was good and unobtrusive as always.Special Features:
- Excellent once againLad50VIPDined on 3/5/2014This is my fourth visit to the Alley and it was, again, just terrific. Great service from people that really seem to care. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know this place is in thewines123VIPDined on 2/26/2014I know this place is in the shopping center but I was truly impressed with the food. Had a tuna steak w/ a Cajun rub. it was amazing. They also had a great deal on a bottle of Nickel and Nickel, Merlot. Good food nice atmosphere good service...what else do you need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.