The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
13270 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75240Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thegrill.com/
- Phone: (214) 459-1601
- Hours of Operation:
Mon – Sat, 11am-10pm
Happy Hour and Special Appetizer menu in the bar. Hours daily from 4 - 7pm. $5 cheeseburgers, martinis and wine specials Thursday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Winans
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Board Room and our Grill Room are the perfect places for special events. Every celebration is custom-designed by us, with one of the country’s top culinary teams, with lunch starting at 20.00 per guest and dinner starting at 42.00 per guest, featuring three courses from our renowned menu.
- Private Party Contact: Sandra Stewart 8774512624
- Special Events: There are two private rooms available for private events: The Board Room accommodates up to 10 guests and The Grill Roomaccommodates up to 32 guests.
A word from The Grill on the Alley - Dallas
The Grill on the Alley, Dallas, opened in July 2006 in the Galleria Dallas. Our famous signature dishes of prime steaks and chops, fresh seafood, pasta and freshly prepared salads are complemented by an extensive wine list, featuring unique selections from California’s boutique wineries, as well as a high energy, full service bar introducing hand crafted classic cocktails.Modeled after the great big city grills of the 30s and 40s, The Grill on the Alley serves traditional American fare. Featuring Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts, all served in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere by servers that really care about the guest's experience. We also boast the best Martini and Happy Hour in town. Two adjoining Private Dining Rooms seating up to 40 guests each are the perfect place for business meetings or family celebrations. Dine-in and Take-out is available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas - Best Restaurants in North Dallas ›
The Grill on the Alley - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)great for lunch (35)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (30)notable wine list (23)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (15)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (7)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Pretty standard fare but very well done! Convenient location and valet parking!Special Features:
- Absolutely superbTimDDined on 5/27/2014This place is the best kept secret in Dallas. The food and service is exceptional. Special recognition to both James and David, real pros. If you try this place it will become a favorite. Excellent ambiance and great for groups. Trying to make an impression? This is the place. It never fails to exceed my high expectationsSpecial Features:
- Consistently great!BrotherBDined on 5/27/2014I eat at The Grill whenever I can. It is a great place for a business lunch or dinner, the staff is friendly but not intrusive and the food is consistently outstanding. A great value.Special Features:
- Kobe BurgerTop10VIPDined on 5/25/2014It was good, but at $20.00, it was overpriced, much like other entrees on the menu. The service was good, but we were the only ones there. Still, at this venue (galleria) the choices are either here, of the Grand Lux, which is very crowded and noisy. I would select here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicewolffmanl7Dined on 5/16/2014Our waiter was amazing! Everything he recommended was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother Day BrunchKeenoncustomerserviceDined on 5/11/2014My family and I decided we wanted to eat at a nice mother's day brunch and chose the Grill on the Alley based on the menu and price. I must say I was nothing short of amazed. It was everything I expected and more. Top quality service, the food was awesome and the appreciation we received by choosing to dine there made it all worthy. The catered to our needs and made sure we had everything we wanted. Talk about above and beyond! We've already made July 4th plans when our extended family comes to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid spotNEGrantDined on 5/7/2014I love the trout almondine-best I have ever had! Always a good meal and total experience.Special Features:
- Priced too high!Dallasfoodie77Dined on 4/30/2014Rude cold service with really overpriced OK food.Special Features:
- Food Good Service SlowTop10VIPDined on 4/25/2014Went there at slow time, and expected the service to be more reasonable. The server was very polite, but passed by the table several times without looking our way. The food was good, but not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.Akm777Dined on 4/24/2014I came for lunch. The waiter was knowledgeable and pasisonate when describing the specials. The Ceaser Salad wasn't that good, it seemed to lack flavor. The salmon was SUPERB! The spinach mash was also excellent but needed more salt/butter. Over all, I would come back for dinner,Special Features:
- Another Excellent Business LunchAuntieSocial1Dined on 4/23/2014The Grill on the Alley can always be counted on for a wide variety of very good food which should please any group with varied diet requirements. Service provided by Stefan was impeccable as always.
- Easter BuffetFoodiegirlDined on 4/20/2014We enjoy eating at the Grill on the Alley several times per year. They had their first Easter brunch this year and we decided to give it a go. To be honest, it was a bit of a disappointment. The food and the service were not up to their usual high standards. Perhaps their delicious food (stunningly delicious crab cakes) just doesn't tolerate sitting on heated warmers. The roasted meats were delicious, especially with creamed horseradish on the side, but the dessert table was a disappointment. We know their desserts, where was the raspberry sauce for the key lime pie, where was the ice cream or whipping cream for the brownie?Special Features:
- Excellent for a business lunchdine4goodVIPDined on 4/15/2014The Grill remains one of my favorite spots for a business lunch. Lots of great selections on the menu, food is always delicious and service outstanding. Stephan is my favorite servers....always makes it seamless.Special Features:
- Very nice dinner at the GrillBusinessLuncherDined on 4/8/2014The food was really good as always and the service was first class. Usually it can be a bit loud at the Grill, at least at lunch time, but it was just right for dinner on this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 4/7/2014I often entertain guests for lunch and everyone is always pleased... Ask for Hannah for exceptional service!Special Features:
- Nice Dining ExperienceLgo987VIPDined on 4/5/2014We were looking to indulge a little bit, and we had not been here in several years. We were not disappointed. We made a reservation & were sat right on time. Server was personable & knew the menu very well. Cocktail menu had lots of interesting choices. The lobster bisque was excellent, and the pork chop was huge & prepared very well. The mixed greens salad was exactly what it sounds like- nothing special. The crab stuffed trout was very good. Side dish portion was huge. We had the cauliflower au gratin and wished the cauliflower had been cooked a bit more. This isn't a place we'd go often because of the prices, but it was a nice treat. The bar seems like a great spot for meeting friends for happy hour.Special Features:
- wonderful!DallassheliaVIPDined on 3/26/2014Grill on the alley is always a good spot to go. Great drinks, consistently great food and the service is always first class.Special Features:
- Great seafood and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Service was exceptional, we went with our two small travel weary children and were well taken care of! We all ordered seafood dishes and they were wonderful! Great wine list and quite atmosphere. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good steak nothing elseZZZZDined on 3/18/2014steaks are pretty good, but the rests, salads, appetizers, side dishes, sauce, etc. were quite disappointing. My friend did not even fininsh half of his lobster salad...
- Nice dinner againDallasDavidVIPDined on 3/15/2014We have been to Grill on the Alley several times. It was perfect for a quieter dinner and date night with my wife. We booked a table late in the day and were pleased to get a nice cozy booth. The appetizer specials were both very good - seafood trio and tuna tartare. We split the special bone-in New York steak and frankly it was ok - nothing special. The wines selectedf rom the decent wine list was great as was the carrot cake we split. So overal a good night except the $58 steak was nothing to write home about. Service was good and unobtrusive as always.Special Features:
- Excellent once againLad50VIPDined on 3/5/2014This is my fourth visit to the Alley and it was, again, just terrific. Great service from people that really seem to care. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know this place is in thewines123VIPDined on 2/26/2014I know this place is in the shopping center but I was truly impressed with the food. Had a tuna steak w/ a Cajun rub. it was amazing. They also had a great deal on a bottle of Nickel and Nickel, Merlot. Good food nice atmosphere good service...what else do you need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuggestionsFroggyDined on 2/22/2014We would visit The Grill more often if there were more reasonably priced items on the menu.Special Features:
- Great food and service butJakeDined on 2/21/2014Great food and service but did feel pressured to keep ordering food even though we were full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, pretty priceyMom2MattDined on 2/21/2014While our party of 4 enjoyed our experience at The Grill, we payed with a generous gift card & went over. No question, the food was top notch with generous portions, & the staff was very attentive & friendly, but there was something about the atmosphere or location that just didn't, match the ~ $25-$45 entrees & virtually all $50+ (mostly +) bottles of wine (mall restaurant but can't enter from inside mall--on purpose, I'd bet). If that's not an issue for you, then definitely try it out. We had calamari, beef medallions (cooked perfectly), pork chop with blackberry sauce, fresh trout, decadent brownie pie & apple cobbler. Each item wonderful! Re: noise, we were in a booth and were not bothered at all by the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business restaurantGFGTDined on 2/20/2014I'm never disappointed in the service or the food....would recommend it for any business luncheon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waiter was amazing andatribDined on 2/19/2014Our waiter was amazing and the food just topped it off. It was a great atmoshpere to talk and enjoy fabulous dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't overlook for a mall location.VegasWeekenderDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I dined here on Valentine's Day weekend, and found it to be a great experience. The food was excellent. Extensive wine list too. We arrived a little early, and enjoyed some specialty cocktails at the bar, then moved to our booth for the main dinner. There was a small sequencing issue getting all of our ordered food to the table (probably because I ordered the Prix Fixe option, and my wife ordered from the regular menu), but the staff well corrected the issue and ensured we had a great dinner. It might be tempting to look past this choice because of it's Galleria Mall location, but don't. We would definitely return!Special Features:
- Dining at The Grill on the AlleyTheParticulaOne2VIPDined on 2/15/2014Our experience was very good. We were running late due to road construction and excessive congestion in the parking lot (Valentine's weekend). Upon our arrival, we were still very warmly greeted and received excellent service from our waiter, Stephen. The steaks were superb and cooked exactly how we like them. The bread is excellent - very crusty, yet tender on the inside. Baked potato was good - could have been warmer. Cheesecake drizzled with rich chocolate was yummy. We had a very comfortable oval booth, and we appreciated that we were NOT stuffed in a corner because we have a teenage (17) boy. I noticed very young children dispersed throughout the restaurant - a nice touch - welcoming. The restaurant is very peaceful and quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014I was somewhat disappointed with Valentines day 3 course dinner. I chose the 18oz prime steak. It was cooked nicely medium rare, but fell short of a prime steak. It was to lean, somewhat tough, and lacked the prime flavor. However, it had a basaltic drizzle that's was quite tasty. My wife had the steak Oscar filet nicely cooked medium rare, but lacked flavor and was not juicy. Ambiance was nice, service was very good, the wait staff was very pleasant. I might give the restaurant another try, but would avoid the special, and would order alacart.Special Features:
- Great for date night!luvgoodeateriesDined on 2/14/2014As many times as I have been to the Dallas Galleria, I had never noticed restaurant. I actually found it on Open Table and read all of the great reviews. I selected The Grille for our Valentine's Dinner. The food was delicious and the service great. The Bacon Mushroom Mac & Cheese and the Key Lime Pie were excellent! Our waiter provided great service, even hiding the gift bag my husband brought in until he was ready to give it to me after dinner. We had a great evening. We would definitely recommend it to others and we will also be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, great foodRSYNDZDined on 2/13/2014The food and service have made this a go-to place for lunch meetings. The lobster bisque is fantastic and the seafood always very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeshelleyDined on 2/12/2014We decided to celebrate Valentine's Day at the Grill. I loved everything the food was excellent, our waiter was awesome. We will be returning for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great business dinnerjll4Dined on 2/11/2014I take clients to The Grill often due to quality, price and central location in DFW. Always consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always, particularlyAuntieSocial1Dined on 2/5/2014Excellent as always, particularly Stephan our waiter. He is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grill has been betterBillPVIPDined on 1/25/2014While our entrees were excellent, the sides were just ordinary. The filet was ordered medium, but had to go back for further cooking. The waiter said he had reiterated the need to have it pink throughout, but it came with a red center. The Caesar salad tasted good, but the Romaine lettuce was predominantly the stem ends of the stalk; not a lot of green lettuce. The desserts were excellent, but the coffee pot needed to be replaced with freshly brewed decaf before it was appropriately hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every way. ThefairfoodiesDined on 1/24/2014Perfect in every way. The service was impeccable and we have never ordered a dish we didn't love. The brick chicken is to die for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every penny.rlsmDined on 1/24/2014Celebrated 33rd anniversary. Told our wonderful waiter it was our anniversary and he comped the dessert. Left the restaurant feeling very well cared for. Drinks from the bar were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Stephandine4goodVIPDined on 1/17/2014Excellent service...always. Food is good and it's one of my favorite spots for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....PappyDined on 1/11/2014The food and service was outstanding. Although the restaurant was expensive, we felt it was worth it. The lobster bisque was exquisite and our filet was perfectly cooked.Special Features: