The Grill on the Alley - Beverly Hills
9560 Dayton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Grill on the Alley - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://thegrill.com/
- Phone: (310) 276-0615
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, 5pm-9pm, Dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Israel Camacho
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Grill on the Alley - Beverly Hills
The Grill on the Alley was opened in 1984 as a living tribute to the great American grills of yesterday. In time, it has established itself as one of the country's leading restaurants, praised by writers across the country. The menu is classic American grill - prime steaks, fresh seafood, traditional dishes such as chicken pot pie or meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and homemade desserts. Named to The Fine Dining Hall of Fame by Nation's Restaurant News, The Grill is home of the entertainment industry's "power lunch," but is also open for dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Grill on the Alley - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Grill on the Alley - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (26)hot spot (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (12)romantic (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Another great mealKnowsfoodVIPDined on 11/22/2014Everything was great. They consistently cook my steak perfect....rare plus. It's old school BH steak house still doing a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014Just excellent as always. Food and service like no other placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great after all the years.billy44byDined on 11/19/2014For a steak & chop house in the style of old New York City, its the best. Had Lamb chops & Chilean Sea Bass, both cooked to perfection. The sides of mushrooms & garlic mash potatoes & some broccoli heads were the very best. A little noisy ( as all chop houses are) so get a side booth away from the middle of the room. BTW the key lime pie is to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local steak and seafoodyumyumDined on 11/13/2014amazing steak and seafood ! their dover sole was exquisite, and their beef tartare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect LA RestaurantSusans1217VIPDined on 11/10/2014I love this restaurant! I try and make it there whenever I am in LA. The food is always great (my favorite is the Brick Chicken) and the service is amazing. Treat yourself to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetogooutVIPDined on 11/8/2014I loved everything about The Grill on The Alley!!! Our waiter was really great! Even though we were there at an off hour (Saturday afternoon) you wouldn't be able to tell by the meals we were served! I got one of the fish specials which was John Dory and my husband got the New York steak. Excellent choices! Splurged on Onion rings -- best place to get them if you feel like being evil! We even ended our lunch/dinner splitting a hot fudge sunday! best ever!!! I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- Beverly Hills RelaxedGdelpasaVIPDined on 10/31/2014From the very pleasant greeting to the eclectic menu and superb wait staff, this is truly a nice respite from the tourists off Rodeo Drive. Good food, comfortable surroundings, and a team that's truly oriented to making your dining experience a wonderful event.Special Features:
- Old School CoolSoBayFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014The Grill never disappoints. The great classic bar and martinis, the ambience of a steak house and the professional servers in white jackets, all so iconic and comforting. If you do happen to have a less than perfect item from the menu, it will be quickly and graciously replaced. I love this place!Special Features:
- Nice long time standardN21PMVIPDined on 10/5/2014Nice long time reliable establishment. But... Someone upstairs had the menu changed and our favorite items removed. Our waitress and the kitchen graciously and smartly accommodated us with my chicken pot pie and my friend's ground round steak. Other than this, we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisy for lunchempressVIPDined on 9/26/2014food was great as always, but it was way too noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OGJackDined on 9/22/2014Love the old school ambiance such as the witty mature wait staff. Kind of like Musso and Franks. The food is outstanding. The filet was perfect. Slightly older crowd but that is refreshing vs. always seeing the Bieber crowd....Special Features:
- Best American Classic!SunsetSybariteDined on 9/20/2014Consistently, The Grill delivers! Great service, good food and drinks and a friendly atmosphere. What more can you ask for?
- RobinRobinVIPDined on 9/18/2014Something for everyone--great "comfort" food--Calves liver, Macaroni and Cheese--a Delicious Halibut fish. Old fashioned and delightful.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/2/2014It's a well known place where the service is always good and your wine is chilled . Great selection of meat , fish and poultry . We did not order any dessert from the menu though , it was enough food . Large portions and everything was tasty .Special Features:
- Friday 8/29OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We have been here many times over the years. Usually, the steaks are amazing but, on this night, all three of our filets tasted like smoke. We should have sent them back but I felt bad because out waiter and servers were so nice. Just took them home and re-cooked with eggs the next day. The salad and appetizers were great.Special Features:
- palmspringsquestVIPDined on 8/25/2014The last time I went to the Grill on the Alley I said never again. Mediocre food, sky high prices. Then, the crafty beggers, sent me a $30.00 coupon. So I met two friends in Beverly Hills and had a night at the Alley. And that is the last. The food was awful. My steak had no taste, the wedge was $13.50 and was not as good as most $8.50 wedges and the baked potato was the size of Idaho. The bill had an extra $90.00 on it that I caught, but even with that taken off, and the coupon our check was north of $300.00. And the food was average to be kind. So this is my last time. Add to that that the chains down scale cousin "Daily Grill" no longer uses open table means that the entire family has seen the last of me!
- Great findhappymomDined on 8/16/2014Staying at the Beverly Hilton, my family was looking for something good that was not too far away. The Grill has amazing steaks and was able to offer something for my 10 year old daughter. Not inexpensive but worth every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We save it for most special mealsPatrickFitzgeraldDined on 8/9/2014Special place for a special night A sofisticated crowd professional wait staff always a pleasure great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sofiaVIPDined on 8/5/2014I was disappointed the quality of food wasn't that good
- normal steakKyongVIPDined on 8/1/2014steak is very normal. some of the other steak house has it's own and special recipe for steak, but the grill is very simple for their price. I don't want to go again if I have a chance to have a lunch with my real customers or my date. This is a kind of upgrade daily grill level.Special Features:
- The following 374 reviews are from the The Grill on the Alley - Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- Hollywood ClassicLABradDined on 7/28/2014The Grille is Beverly Hills. A lot of trendy restaurants come and go, but to be able to sit in the stylish classic confines of the Grille makes even the most difficult days tolerable. The food is outstanding (personal favorite John Dory) and the service is always professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Greatbilly44byDined on 7/25/2014I have been eating here for 30 years & it's still the best. We had soft shell crab that was juicy & crisp on the outside & that's the way to cook them. The white fish was pan fried & just perfect as was a steak . Side dishes of shoestring fries & cream spinach & broccoli all perfect. Like too eat here at least once a month & i am never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Our FavoriteJudyVIPDined on 7/21/2014We love the Grill on the Alley. Always reliable. Family favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warwarDined on 7/21/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. THe portions were huge for everything--tomato salad, petite NY steak, mashed potatoes, brick chicken and dessert. One reviewer complained about the size of the bowl for the lobster bisque; it was smaller than everything else, but SO rich and smooth that it was just right. The waiter had a dry and wry sense of humor; he was fun. We went during DINE LA but only one of us ordered the $45 menu (because of preference for the beef cut). We will return when we want a kind of classical NYC type of place with good food and service. Yes, prices might be a buck or three higher than someplace else, but you also get A LOT more. the cuisine is not exciting or particularly creative but it is solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!ChicagoDinerDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience here. The service was great and the food was exceptional. Also the portions are healthy but not overwhelming. Definitely bears a revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grill, forever!AFU66VIPDined on 7/18/2014This place continues to deliver on every level. A classic restaurant that's as relevant today as the day it opened. And even with all the Hollywood bigwigs that use this place as their commissary, the management and servers know how to treat the rest of us like Oscar winners. Thank you for a terrific experience, again!Special Features:
- lovePasadenaDined on 7/16/2014I have been going to the Grill since it opened decades ago. It's my favorite restaurant, food and service are always excellent.Special Features:
- Disappointing experiencePunziDined on 7/15/2014this restaurant is trading on its past. The atmosphere is good and the help is good but the food is not what it used to be. the food was disappointing. Soup came in a tiny bowl I thought they were giving us a taste,(at the prices they charge one should get a decent amount of soup) one steak was so grissly & hard to cut it was sent back. Then it was replaced with raw liver. Our waiter was good & most apologetic but I would not return there. It is expensive & not worth it. I had eaten there before many times so I was aware everything is ala carte.. All 4 of us agreed we would not return there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2014While the food was very good and the service attentive, there was really nothing outstanding to justify the price.
- Best in LAJuniorDined on 6/28/2014As far as I am concerned, the Grill on the Alley in BH is the best restaurant in town. There is an exceptionally extensive menu, the food is of the highest quality, the preparation is excellent, and the service is friendly, professional and excellent. On 6/28/2014, I ordered a New York Strip steak for the first time. Previously I had ordered other dishes thinking steaks were best eaten at steakhouses. But recently, my experience at steakhouses has been poor to terrible. The steak at the Grill on the Alley was excellent! It was better than what I had at Mastro's, Wolfgang's (cold in center), Ruth Chris', or Fleming's (second best). The ambience is woody like an East Coast restaurant. I like it, some don't (more room for me).Special Features:
- Rude hostessLocalZoltanVIPDined on 6/26/2014Very rude tyrannical hostess. We went to a nice Italian place nearby instead.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014The service was definitely something different. Our waiter had an interesting sense of humor but as long as you go in with an open mind you will have a good time. As far as price it is definitely on the expensive side but afterall, it is Beverly Hills. I am not around the area much but it was what I was expecting. I had the chicken pot pie and it was pretty good. I was not able to finish it in one sitting. Be careful because the waiter will try to sell you on more food. If you are going in with a budget then definitely pay attention and know that everything come for an additional charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingyankeeDined on 6/23/2014While I've enjoyed The Grill many times, this most recent visit was disappointing. My filet, while priced exceptionally, looked more like a skirt steak. The taste was fine, but the width ridiculous. Ordered medium a filet should slice like butter, mine was more like medium well. And since it was so thin had barely a hint of pink. I'll go again, but I probably should have complained.
- The Grill on the AlleyGilbertVIPDined on 6/22/2014Excellent food, ambiance and service at "exorbitant" prices even for Beverly Hills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliablemartiVIPDined on 6/21/2014The service is really quite outstanding. The sea bass good a bit dry and the scallops a bit too greasy. The vegetable is always very good.The dinner goers are fun to watch and the ambiance is wonderful. If you want a lovely bday treat , the dessert and bday song sung is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service.finediner42VIPDined on 6/21/2014My only reservation is that the lobster bisque include more chunks of lobster. Also, the prices are bit high for the portions, especially for a vegetable plate. The waiter also displayed dismay at our group for splitting the check, which he should probably learn not to show, especially if he hadn't asked us prior to creating the check.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014The food is consistently excellent and it is overall a very enjoyable dining experience. While we live on the other side of town, we come whenever we can, especially for a special occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AmazingVIPDined on 6/14/2014Everything was FIRST CLASS!!!!! Service, Food Being sat on time Grill on the Alley is a TRUE GEM !!!Special Features:
- NeverEnoughDined on 6/14/2014As always, excellent. The food is consistent and prepared to high standards.Special Features:
- ClassicAjax449VIPDined on 6/12/2014Classic Beverly Hills grill. great food and fun atmosphere. The lobster bisque did not disappoint. Steaks were perfect. Onion rings devine. creamed spinach fresh and not too goopy. We had a wonderful and incredibly light tres leche cake for dessert. We look forward to our next meal at The Grill on the Alley. Thanks to chefs and staff. Great job!Special Features: