The Grill on the Alley - Aventura
19575 Biscayne Blvd.
Aventura, FL 33180Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Grill on the Alley - Aventura
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thegrill.com/aventura.html
- Phone: 3054667195
- Hours of Operation:
Friday & Saturday: 11:30-11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Arnold Dion
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private Dining Room seats 30.
A word from The Grill on the Alley - Aventura
The Grill on the Alley Aventura is located in the Aventura Mall, which is ranked as the number one shopping destination among international visitors. The Grill on the Alley was opened in 1984 as a living tribute to the great American grills of yesterday. In time, it has established itself as one of the country's leading restaurants, praised by writers across the country. The menu is classic American grill - prime steaks, fresh seafood, traditional dishes such as chicken pot pie or meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and homemade desserts. Named to The Fine Dining Hall of Fame by Nation's Restaurant News, The Grill is home of the entertainment industry's "power lunch," but is also open for dinner seven days a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Grill on the Alley - Aventura reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)great for lunch (6)romantic (6)good for groups (5)great for brunch (5)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Another Nice MealEric1Dined on 8/30/2014Popped in over the weekend. Things were busy as usual but there was no wait and the service was very good. The food was great and the atmosphere was very friendly.Special Features:
- our "best" find....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014food, staff, service....... all EXCELLENT; and excellence doesn't happen by accident; it's planned.....it's an attitude and truly a state of mind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The GRILL is GREAT!1DivaVIPDined on 6/21/2014This is the third time in ONE week that I've eaten at the Grill on the Alley. Each time the food was superb, the service was impeccable and the dining experience was MEMORABLE. The décor is elegant and conducive to a feeling of relaxation. Their soups are wonderful. I recommend their Gazpacho or the Lobster Bisque, because they are extraordinary. The salads served at the Grill are very flavorful. The Cobb salad is excellent, as is their Wedge Salad. Their entrees are numerous and each one has been delicious. We LOVE their scallops--which are succulent and HUGE! Their other fish choices are also EXQUISITE. This would be an excellent choice for a family celebration or a dinner meant to impress out of town guests. The Grill is NOTEWORTHY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnergift4gabbVIPDined on 6/15/2014As a neiborhood fair and repeat patron we found Grill on the Alley to have changed their menu. The steak tartar always good was not. The recipe changed. The Salmon on the Cedar Plank removed from the menu as well as the skirt steak. The potato was $10.00 and was old. The dover sole was so-so. The raseberry sorbet was very good. The liver and onion usually very good again so-so. Sad to see the decline in a place that has always had a good consistent meal.
- Excellent service , small menuCaraDined on 6/14/2014The service was beyond excellent , the restaurant lighting was perfect also the restaurant was very clean the music played through out the restaurant very lightly enough to enjoy and not drown out laugh terms and conversations I would recommend The Grill on the alley to anyone. My only issue was the price the menu was very small in variety and high priced there really wasn't a lot to choose from but the food was good the crab lump cakes, the lobster salad and also lobster bisque soup really goof the seafood is fresh and juicy .Special Features:
- The following 253 reviews are from the The Grill on the Alley - Aventura reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014ordinary restaurant trying to be sophisticated. terribly overpriced. luke warm coffee - was told by waitress that a new pot was being made. most tables empty at dinnertime. gratuitous sign on entrance regarding clothing.
- Inconsistent dining experiencenomdeplumeDined on 4/25/2014Less than attentive service. Vegetable sides dishes way overcooked. Never sure about the experience here- sometimes it as been good, other times it needs a great deal of attention; food items on more than one occasion not brought to table. This place needs a good manager and a consistent manager to train the wait staff. This may be my last trip here - I have to stop thinking maybe it will be good this time. Managers keep changing.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure...PaulSVIPDined on 4/24/2014We had the best chicken pot pie (amazing crust), Kobe burger with truffle mayo & onion rings, short ribs that melt in your mouth, however pasta not one of there strong dishes. Makes spence they are a 'Grill restaurant'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This location not a good one.FloridasonVIPDined on 4/19/2014I've enjoyed this restaurant in San Jose, CA for years. This location in N Miami Beach was really subpar. We had 2 servers but only 1 of them paid attention to us. The other, really didn't seem to want to serve us. We had to ask for bread & water. We were drinking liquor and still had to ask for refills which never happens. Perhaps the staff were spread thin but I don't think so to be honest. I did have a question related to a food item and no one seemed to know the answer including a manager who walked by and it was simply an ingredient question. The food itself was not as good as other locations. We tried, as recommended their Mac N Cheese and it was sadly dry and didn't have much flavor. C at best but not worth your time or money.
- Dinner for out of town familyHungryIDined on 4/19/2014The main course's were merely fair to good but not worth the cost.Special Features:
- Never disappointedLuvJayVIPDined on 4/19/2014This is my third time going and each time the service is good as well as the drinks and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatJaimeJDined on 3/29/2014Everything was great. The waiters, The drinks, the cake appetizer which was delicious didn't come anywhere close to as good as the Lobster mashed potatoes they were to die for. Its a great dining experience! Its great for a first date or special occasions. I love this place and it worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLewisDined on 2/20/2014The food was very good overall and the service was perfect. We enjoyed the mixed salad which we shared along with the hummus appetizer that could be skipped. We both had the hamburger plate which was excellent. Cooked as we ordered and huge. We then shared the fruit cobbler. This item is probably the largest dessert I ever had. My wife and I barely finished half or it. Enough for 4 people to share. The price of our meal was very reasonable considering the fine dining ambiance of the restaurant. Other items on the menu are much more expensive but the quality of our meal was great.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Very romantic even when there was a crowd, just the right lighting. Music was an added touch! The Filet and Salmon were perfect, I highly recommend both! The wine was also excellent... If anyone wants to enjoy a night with family, friends, or significant other, come here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The worst restaurant I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014The worst restaurant I have been to very disappointed
- Expensive, but excellentMoonstruckOneVIPDined on 2/11/2014The NY strips steaks ($46 each) are excellent. The sides are generous. The salads were good. We found a nice cab for $52 a bottle. They never bothered to serve us bread; at these prices ($400 for dinner for three), we deserved hot bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceScrappyDined on 2/8/2014Best Lychee Martini! Tuna Tartare was great, Lobster bisque/butternut squash soup was great, Steaks were good but overall pricey for quality. However, when a steak was served overcooked, the waiter left it to be picked out while he apologized bringing a glass of complementary wine accompanied by another apology. When he returned with a brand new steak cooked appropriately, he included the sides once again as a complete other meal. Mistakes happen but the waiter handled it exceptionally well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines123VIPDined on 2/4/2014The Ally is quite a find. If you are tired of the food court drop by the Ally, sit outside and have a glass of wine. Food is really good. Tuna salad in a winnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- when shopping at Aventurawines123VIPDined on 2/2/2014when shopping at Aventura its the best place to eat..great saladsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- forgotten groupnomdeplumeDined on 1/24/2014Our wait staff forgot items ordered, forgot to check on our overall food quality at the table. Only saw him for clearing and the bill. Food is quite good - but in a restaurant that was not that busy we deserved better service. We have eaten here before and every time there is a problem with service - on one occasion we had wrong food orders, food delivered to each guest one by one others had to wait until it came out -
- Birthday celebrationFloladyDined on 1/22/2014We are never disappointed in this restaurant. The staff is very professional, the food is great and you can enjoy a conversation with guests without shouting or straining to hear. We particularly love the art deco decor, very comfortable and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't deny yourself diningVernonDined on 1/12/2014Don't deny yourself dining at this place. From the service to the food, incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service and FoodLocalsDined on 1/11/2014We've been dining here for several years and the food is always good. There is a variety to choose from on the menu so it's easy to accommodate groups with varying preferences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressed by the steakJessVIPDined on 1/10/2014for a place that considers itself a steakhouse - I was not impressed. There are a ton of other places you can go in Aventura if you want steak, I would even go to Morton's over this place. However, I will say that they have a hummus appetizer (as boring as it is) was phenomenal, as well as the mac and cheese (really good!). The Lobster salad is also very tasty. Also, the drinks are made very inconsistently, I'm not sure if it's the bartender, but this review is based off of two times, and my martinis were all over the place, one was super strong, the other I could barely taste the alcohol. But they do have blue cheese olives, so I guess there's that.
- A shadow of its former selftheodocDined on 1/5/2014I am sad to say that The Grill is a shadow of its former self. A reduced menu selection, higher prices, ineffective communication between kitchen and servers, and insufficient supply of specials and "stock" selections convinced me to find another steak house. A favorite has been the ribeye which has been taken off the regular menu and is now offered as bone-in special. However, while listed, there was no more stock at 5:00 PM, which the server did not know until two trips back to the kitchen. That, combined with a drink that had to be sent back because of poor prep, convinced us to leave without dining. To his credit, the manager comped our drinks, but that is the last The Grill will see of me - a "Preferred Guest" for many years.
- Not what it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2014The Grill on the Alley has changed a lot. The menu has changed in that there Is a minimal selection of steak cuts. Their wines by the glass Are you to choose from. Favorites Sad to see gone are the carrot cake and ribeye steak. Unfortunately what was once a favorite date night spot will no longer be a part of our dinner options. If you a decent meal with a fancy ambience, this is your place. Otherwise, no longer a top choice for me. Lastly, the hostess was unaccomodating. She said they were full and cannot fit us. Immediately on open table, I arranged for the time desired.
- Geat Potential, Maybe an off nightStuartVIPDined on 1/4/2014The reviews looked good, and we wanted to eat and catch a movie. Service was good, but with high prices should come great service. Our party of 6 ordered 4 steaks and other entrees.The steaks all came cold. The server saw they were cold and took them back. After a longer period of time than normal, he returned with lukewarm steaks. Bummer. Two were rare, we ordered then medium but by now we had a movie to catch so we did our best. The sides were fine and all should have been replaced with the warmed steaks. The server replaced 1 of the 4 sides, which was strange, since all 4 should have been replaced. I would have thought with 4 steaks coming out cold the manager would have come by and offered us something or expressed regret. Nothing.Special Features:
- Enjoy the. ActionGood2goDined on 1/1/2014Restaurant always very good. Excellent help server was very knowledgeable about specials. One member allergic to shell fish made sure this was not an issueSpecial Features:
- The chefs know how to cook meat!Adolfo2GoDined on 12/28/2013My wife ordered a cheeseburger well-done and I ordered the 12-ounce filet minion medium well, not butterflied. Both the steak and hamburger were very thick and each one was cooked just how we asked. It's difficult to cook a burger so thick to a well-done temp. and still keep it juicy. Kudos to the chefs for knowing how to properly cook meat to the customer's satisfaction! The freshly baked bread had a tasty hard crust and soft middle. The wine selection seems ample and so does their selection of draft beers. Also wonderful is the butternut squash soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Average restaurantMtlhappyVIPDined on 12/23/2013The one redeeming feature of this restaurant is that they accept reservations. They are located in Aventura mall so the location is easily accessible after a day of shopping. However the food wasn't very good (average at best) and it's expensive. The squash soup had a burnt taste to it, the chicken in the Caesar salad was rubbery and the hamburger I ordered and asked for medium done came to the table pretty rare. We won't be going back.
- Very goodAclg1971VIPDined on 11/30/2013We enjoyed our meal and time at Grill on he Alley. We took our little boys out to dinner and the kids menu was perfect for them. Our food was delicious and our server was extremely professional and eager for everything to be perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable brunchDayna54Dined on 11/24/2013This particular brunch was really spot on. Matt was our server and he was wonderful. He remembered us and our special order from 2 months prior. Very impressive. My Dad, who is particular with his food, loved his meal. He was very pleased with the service, the timing in which the food was received and the general atmosphere. It was truly a wonderful, memorable meal. Thanks Matt and the chefs at Grill on The Alley. You gave us a great and enjoyable brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerMISHIMIAMIDined on 11/23/2013This was my first dinner at Grill on the Alley... I had been there for lunch when shopping at Av Mall, but never for dinner. My friend had suggested Houston's, but I had a very disappointing steak there recently (had to send it back, which I NEVER do), and wanted to see how Grill on the Alley's steak was. We both ordered the filet mignon medallions, which couldn't have been more perfect. The side of spinach mashed potatoes were also very tasty. Nothing needed salt or pepper; everything was cooked to perfection. The waiter (Alberto?) was extremely attentive, and we actually had two waiters for our table, which made the evening special and seamless. This is definitely a top-notch steakhouse and one to which I would absolutely return.
- Exceptional Mall DiningDanDDined on 11/22/2013The Grill at the Aventura Mall is an exceptional mall dining experience. The steaks are juicy and delicious and the service is very good. Whether you're going shopping or to a movie or just out for a very good dining experience, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average steak placeEvanDined on 11/5/2013Tried this as it is local and wanted to try a different place. It was average, both food and service. Nothing bad and nothing exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerAM24Dined on 10/19/2013The service was outstanding and the food was great!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corporate has ruined this place!BernieDined on 9/6/2013Friday nite 8 pm. Used to have lines of people waiting. Now 2/3 empty. Prices up 50%, only chunk of bread. No extras included as before. No fixed menu as before. Everything and I do mean everything is extra. I would not return . When chalanged why the chances, corporate did it. X ing it off my list .
- Awesome dinnernomdeplumeDined on 8/30/2013Order the spinach and artichoke dip - unsurpassed. Also the tuna tartare - gazpacho soup. Divine mac and cheese loaded. Cant go wrong with any item. Very accommodating to all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service OutstandingnomdeplumeDined on 8/23/2013We had an excellent experience - staff performance excelled. Food was fresh and perfectly cooked. GM and executive chef interested in the quality of the food and service. Attention to detail at all levels BT. Sunny Isles BeachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2013Service was great yhey took around 30 seconds since we sat in the table to start taking our order, food was delicious, this is a expensive restaurant but everything was worth the moneyI would recommend this to a friend.