The Grill - Nordstrom Seattle
500 Pine St
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Grill - Nordstrom Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/nordstrom-restaurants#
- Phone: 2066281620x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11: AM - 4:00 PM; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from The Grill - Nordstrom Seattle
FULL SERVICE RESTAURANT OFFERING QUAILITY STEAK, SEAFOOD, SALADS AND ENTREES DELIVERED TO US DAILY FROM LOCAL FARMERS AND PREPARED TO ORDER. WE ALSO HAVE A LOUNGE WHERE YOU CAN ORDER COCKTAILS OR WINE FROM LOCAL WINERIES.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Grill - Nordstrom Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Grill - Nordstrom Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (27)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (8)fit for foodies (7)hot spot (5)special occasion (3)Show More
- Disappointing visitFrogdogVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have always made a point to go to The Grille at Nordstrom when we are in Seattle. During this trip, we went twice and both times were disappointing. On our first visit, we noticed that the glassware on the table was not as clean as it should have been and yet the waiter poured my wine into that glass. The waiter recommended the sauteed chicken. It was very bland and a bit dry. On our second visit, we ordered the shrimp special and the fish and chips. The shrimp special was delicious, but the fish and chips appeared to be a "child's portion." This was confirmed when the guest next to us ordered the fish and chips and the pieces of fish were twice the size!!! Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot!MariainmauiVIPDined on 8/11/2014Make reservations...they are always busy. Nothing on their menu will disappoint. I enjoy lunch here every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old standbymissEDined on 7/29/2014Many people don't know about this small restaurant on the Mezzanine level of the flagship Nordstrom store. It's not cheap but there are delicious and (some) healthy lunch choices - like the grilled vegetable salad. My friend had a fried green tomato and bacon sandwich that she loved. We split a cup of their crab bisque, which is deservedly famous. It's rich but not overly so, nicely spiced. Make reservations because it's busy at lunch. Due to many tables in a small space, it's not the place for an intimate lunch - on the noisy side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGHLY RECOMENDEDNesBethDined on 7/25/2014Everything is good! as a matter of fact I went back the next day to order a to go lunch :)Special Features:
- Great, even on a busy day!boycadenceDined on 7/18/2014I took my mother here for her birthday as it's close to work. Unbeknownst to me, it was the first day of their semi-annual sale and the place was quite busy! We were seated promptly, and at a 4-top table which I really loved. It's nice not to be crammed at a two-top without any elbow room. Our server was prompt and super polite, she recommended a few things from the menu as well. My sister showed up late too, without confirming with me and our server took it all in stride. All of our food came out together and it was great. The onion rings here are HUGE, enough to feed the three of us without complaints. Our salads were well dressed and perfect sizes for lunch. And the ice cream selection! I would come here again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Grill is my Seattle go to placeLadyKatherineDined on 7/11/2014I can always count on the Grill for fabulous service, a large selection of anything from salads to steaks and it's always good! Their staff are such pros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious LunchpmougreatDined on 7/1/2014I brought a friend to have lunch at the Grill and the food was so amazing! It was a treat for both of us--Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodnnn1VIPDined on 6/25/2014Went there after shopping and was delighted to discover one of the best hamburgers I've ever had and a lemon ricotta-berry shortcake that was scrumptious. This may become my go-to place for casual dining in downtown Seattle
- Very GoodLeeRaeDined on 6/20/2014The food was just the way we like it. Our server was very fun, mostly attentive, and very polite and congenial. We almost always have the same food. Crab Bisque, and Halibut and Chips. This has been our choice of many years. Hope those never leave the menu! Thank You Nordstrom for another nice experience! LeeRae BlaylockSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the The Grill - Nordstrom Seattle reviews archive.
- Lunchtime here is always awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/14/2014This is this the third visit for lunch during a weekday. Great great great. Reservations are definitely recommended especially if you want to sit in a quieter area of the restaurant (which believe it or not is towards the store end, not inside the restaurant itself). Yes, I said in the store end as this restaurant is in built into the floor of the Men's department at Nordstroms. I generally stick with salads and they are great, just the right amount, good flavors and textures. All three visits we were able to have a good conversation at a normal speaking level. Be warned though, because of the small space for the restaurant, the tables are also small - so don't expect to put your laptop(s) or tablets on the table while you eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best french dip in townOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/2/2014The parmesan bread, delicious au jus and great fries make this the best French dip in town!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to refuelLuvNomNomVIPDined on 3/29/2014Good place to get some good food at reasonable prices and great service. The 1/2 cobb salad was filling and delicious, better than most cobbs I've had. Great place to take a break from shopping and filler up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- March 18MarthaDined on 3/18/2014This was not my first experience having lunch at the Grill. My past experiences have been so much better. March 18 was not good. I had a 12:30 reservation, and we were not seated until 12:45. We ordered the special Rueben Sandwich, and it also was disappointing. The beef appeared to be a mixture of corned beef and regular thinly sliced beef, and there was very little sauerkraut and cheese. The service was great once we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatWelcomeback4Dined on 3/18/2014I had a very delicious burger. Visually attractive & palate pleasing. It's a good sized burger so I brought half home. My friend had the salad with salmon. There wasn't a bit left on her plate. This is a consistently good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service on a downward trajectoryNoreneElysiumDined on 3/5/2014The food at the Grill never disappoints. The salmon/pear salad off the fresh sheet was a perfectly satisfying blend of flavors with just the right amount of salmon. The service is another story. I know they're capable of good service because I've seen it at other tables, but I've never personally received any. My friend and I were seated by the kitchen and promptly forgotten. Had to get up to find ketchup (much to the irritation of a server who brought us some without apology, and too late for the poor cold french fries), the bartender broke a wine bottle next to our table that set our ears ringing, the whole attitude of the wait staff was one of sullen exasperation. I don't intend to go back. I'll miss those salads though.
- Great Social lunch spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2014My favorite place for housewife lunchies! Staff know me and good food! Love the Mac and shrimp Louie salad!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!CTLLunchDined on 3/4/2014Took my group out to celebrate a 2+ year successful project. The food was great and the service was, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014My son and I eat here several times a year. The food is always good but Natalie, the hostess keeps us coming back. She has such a great way of welcoming us and we always have great conversation. Nordstrom Grill is lucky to have her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2014I work downtown and this is a great place to come for a quick and delish lunchSpecial Features:
- Great Dining Inside NordstromFrogdogVIPDined on 1/20/2014We discovered The Grill in August and every time we go to Seattle we make sure to dine here at least once. Even though it's inside the store, it's easy to get into and has great ambiance inside the restaurant. I highly recommend the Nor'Easter, but they also have drink specials daily and a nice wine list. On this visit, there were tasty food specials from 4 p.m. to closing, like a beet carpaccio with kale crudo. The wait staff is appropriately attentive without being intrusive. I highly recommend reservations to make sure you get a table quickly, but if you don't have a reservation, it's still worth checking to see if you can get in.Special Features:
- Nordstrom --- Eat Shop EatoutonthetownDined on 1/11/2014Food is never a dissapointment. It is Nordstrom if it not right they will make it rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken PaillardrainierVIPDined on 12/26/2013Must try! The cob salad is always a good classic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rude serverunhappyDined on 12/15/2013We were surprised that the Nordstrom Grill did not provide the service that Nordstrom is known for. Our server was extremely rude and kept rolling her eyes at us. Her service was extremely slow, and she didn't come back to check on us. We had to flag her down consistently. When I spoke with the manager his said that he will 'talk to her'. Didn't do anything more to make the situation better.
- Exemplary service at NordstromOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/14/2013My friend and I had a wonderful lunch with a terrific server on a Saturday before Christmas. Our server was just about running to serve all the diners in his area. He did it all with a smile, checked back with us and got everything just right. Our food was delicious and we had a good time. I will return. Exemplary customer service once again at NordstromSpecial Features:
- gruff hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/4/2013Although we requested a booth (with our reservation), we were not seated in one. There was a reserved sign on 2 tables when I arrived (about 5 minutes early), but the hostess sat the couple ahead of me in line there. She obviously knew them and said, "the reservation hasn't shown, I'll give you the booth." When I pointed out the second booth with a reserved sign on the table and asked if we could sit there, she said those people reserved a month ahead. Maybe.... But the slight was giving away the table likely reserved for us and speaking to me as if I'd never been in a restaurant before. The delightful waitress and delicious food almost made up for the hostess.Special Features:
- Great spot downtown for lunchChrisVIPDined on 12/3/2013Convenient. Great food at reasonable prices. Fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little gemSandiLou2Dined on 11/29/2013The first time I ate here I was in desperate need of refueling while shopping with my kids on Black Friday. What a surprise to find this little gem of a restaurant. The food is delicious, the prices well below market for the quality and the friendly staff and service are also amazing. Very organized with the reservation service and setting up for kids. Now , ten years later we still book this restaurant for our Black Friday lunch and have never been disappointed. Crab bisque is our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff was slow and un-attentivColleenVIPDined on 11/11/2013Wait staff was slow and un-attentive. Food was great!
- Not-so-Nordy'sdanfanVIPDined on 10/12/2013This place has great potential but is inconsistent. For starters, if you want a booth, you have to reserve one specifically--even if you have a reservation! The host was very officious when she informed us of this apparently new rule. Then it took over 45 minutes for our food to arrive -- two sandwiches and a salad. Sure, the kitchen was probably backed up but there were only 2 waiters in view, and almost every table was full. In short, had this been our only experience we would have walked out. But we've been here before and should have known better.
- Best Steak in TownFrogdogVIPDined on 9/27/2013On our recent trip to Seattle we ate here twice --- because the food is so good! I highly recommend the New York Strip Steak. It is prepared perfectly, the meat melts in your mouth and the flavor is wonderful. The Grill also has the BEST halibut and chips. The fish is fresh, well-prepared and plentiful. Bring a big appetite when you eat at this restaurant. Also, try the Nor'easter for a delicious beverage to go with your meal. I highly recommend reservations because this place fills up quickly during the lunch hour. We heard people being told it was a 30 minute wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work day lunchPhilVIPDined on 9/23/2013The food is reliable and deliscious. I eat there often with friends and colleagues because it's centrally located, my reserved table is always ready and the staff knows we have to get back to the office. Perfeft balance of quality/price/convenience.Special Features:
- Good spot for a meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2013I planned to have a meeting with several friends at the CAFE. I thought the reservation was for the CAFE (I had no idea the Grill existed). I arrived at the CAFE and it was SO loud you couldn't hear yourself think. I was thrilled to know I was in the wrong place. The rill, in the basement, is a much better atmosphere, not quiet, but ok for discussion, and tasty food. It would be nice if Open Table could point out somehow that this is not the Cafe, as the Cafe is the better know of the two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a friendSeattle2Dined on 8/28/2013Yes, Nordstrom Grill is inside the Nordstrom store, but the shoppers evaporate once you are seated at the table. The Grill is a more elegant version of the cafe. I had the chicken salad, my friend had steak salad, and both were fresh and delicious. I would suggest this for a special occasion lunch with a co-worker or small group of co-workers celebrating a success. Too loud for a downtown lunch meeting with a client, I think.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service with "no problem"larsDined on 8/16/2013Server responded to every request/order with "No Problem" Irritating after awhile....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not greatMessingerVIPDined on 8/16/2013Good place to conduct business, but need to make a reservation to get a booth or sit on the side to carry on a conversation that will not be a public address. Servers are very responsive to requests for for food preparation and to not be too intrusive when your are having a business luncheon. Very convenient for downtown meetings and affordable if you are sensitive to this requirement.
- Classically Good DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2013I can always count on The Grill for great service and classically good meals. I normally dine for lunch but recently tried The Grill for dinner and had an wonderful experience. The food was perfectly prepared and our server was representative of Nordstrom's commitment to customer service. It was a leisurely but that is exactly what we were looking for on a Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, a real treat andislandjimDined on 8/13/2013As always, a real treat and respite after an arduous day of shopping! A reward for a job well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat, Shop, EnjoyislandjimDined on 8/5/2013Always great food, great service and a perfect break before, after or during shopping. As a matter of fact, you don't have to shop at all. The Grill is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDisappointedDined on 7/10/2013Most recent experience at Nordstrom Grill disappointing! Very annoying server kept interrupting conversation, but didn't listen to requests! Food was only OK. Time to pay, I gave a giftcard and a debit card. Server split the bill, which was not our request, charged half to the gift card and half to my debit card. I asked her to change it, to use the gift card first then put the remaining amount on my debit card. She said she did, but didn't give me copies of receipts, only Merchant copy, so I was unable to check, but assumed she had. I tipped 20%! Just checked bank, I have 2 charges from Nordstrom - one for half the check, and the other for the amount of the check left over from the giftcard, plus the tip! Not impressed!
- We were craving steak forDawnVIPDined on 6/20/2013We were craving steak for lunch, so I figured Nordstrom Grill would be a good place to go. I went to the one in Bellevue a few months ago and had the most delicious halibut and feel I should have went with that instead. The food was just sort of warm. I wasn't a big fan of the creamed spinach that accompanied the steak either. The service was a bit slow, so if you're going there, you can expect that they are going to allow you to dine slowly.